Start by marking “A Timeless Romance Anthology: Sarah M. Eden British Isles Collection” as Want to Read:
A Timeless Romance Anthology: Sarah M. Eden British Isles Collection

A Timeless Romance Anthology: Sarah M. Eden British Isles Collection

(A Timeless Romance Anthology)

The SARAH M. EDEN BRITISH ISLES COLLECTION contains two brand new historical romance novellas A FRIEND INDEED and A HAPPY BEGINNING, as well as four hand-picked readers’ and reviewers’ favorites of Sarah’s popular Timeless Romance Anthology novellas. Readers will love this selection of six historical romance novellas set in the British Isles.
Published November 6th 2015 by Mirror Press

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This has been nominated for a 2015 Swoony Award, you can vote for it here.

A Friend Indeed
Sweet and swoony! I really enjoyed the story of George and Caroline. They have known each other since childhood and recently became engaged. Caroline is worried he is only doing it out of friendship and obligation, and George is determined to show her his real reason for wanting to get married. George really had some swoony moments; he just seems like such a nice guy. While it is a short story, it takes pla
herdys
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read some of her Timeless Romance stories so it's great to have them together and also getting new ones. Her stories are always sweet and full of heart wether they're set in Recengy England or Ireland.

Really hope more people will read her books, they're worth it!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Sarah Eden is one of my favorite authors so it's happier than happy that there is a whole collection dedicated to her stories. The bonus for me was the two brand new novellas included in this collection. I was so excited to read them!

Sarah Eden has such a gift for writing. Her characters are personable and human. I so easily fall into her books, caught up in the people and places. To me, the writing feels gentle and full.

I didn't take the time to go back and read the novellas I've already read i
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
You can't go wrong with a Sarah Eden book. This collection contains six of her short stories, and each one were worth the time in reading. I even re-read a few, and loved them the second time!

The setting for the stories are the British Isles. Some of the characters are rich, and some of them are poor. You will find your imagination in ballrooms and wallowing in the mud. I loved the variety of characters and plot. I really do not think that I could pick a favorite. Every story was well written an
Donna Weaver
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love everything Eden writes. I listened to the audiobook, which was done by three or so different narrators. Some of these stories I'd read elsewhere--probably in other Timeless Romance Anthologies since she's a regular contributor. I think my favorite was Jules.
Fay Roberts
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-review
In this collection of novellas Sarah Eden shows her talent as a writer by producing six fully formed and well rounded stories in a short space. All of them are different and Eden showcases her skill by using a variety of styles, settings and class stations. The last two in the collection were my favorites; a story of a friendship that develops into a relationship despite her family's interference and instance that he marries her older sister, and a story of a newly married couple who are struggl ...more
Connie Fischer
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Number One: “A Friend Indeed”
Gloucestershire England - 1808

Miss Caroline Downy, age 20, does not have a dowry nor the funds for a London season. However, her family has betrothed her to a family friend, George Barrington.

George has known the Downy family for years. He went to school with Caroline’s brother and spent many holidays with them. He and Caroline played together as children and know one another very well.

Caroline is not happy at not being allowed to have a season and is also not happy
Christy
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This collections of short stories was really fun to read. 5 stars because everything Sarah writes is lovely.
Deborah Andreasen
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Friend Indeed - Poor Caroline has always known she’d be “auctioned off” to the highest bidder to save their family. But when it’s her dear friend George that offers for her hand, she’s heartbroken. A marriage would only ruin their friendship. And besides, he can’t really love her. Not the way she wants to be loved. Can he? (Loved this! Absolutely loved it.)

A Happy Beginning - Sophia is an Englishwoman transplanted in Scotland. She’s fallen in love with the land, but her job as a governess to t
Jessie
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthologies
I love Sarah Eden, or more appropriately, I love her writing. I especially love her regency novels, and look forward to her contribution to each Timeless Romance Anthology. As with the Anntte Lyon collection, it's nice to have the author's works bundled together. I am glad that I got two new novellas to read instead of just one this time. I would love it even more if all six of them were new, but I do understand that that is a lot of work!
The two new novellas, A Friend Indeed and A Happy Beginni
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Sarah Eden is one of my favorite authors! I especially love her novellas from the Timeless Romance Collections, so I was thrilled to read this book. The two new stories are absolutely lovely, with vibrant characters and settings that are so easy to visualize as I read. I especially enjoyed the male's perspective in each story as they interact with the female lead. The rest of the stories are ones I had read from previous collections but since I loved them all it was a pleasure to read them again ...more
Amy
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
British Isles Collection is a collection of six stories by Sarah M Eden. The stories include:
A Friend Indeed (new story)
A Happy Beginning (new story)
The Road to Cavan Town (from the Winter Collection)
A Christmas Promise (from the Silver Bells Collection)
Dream of a Glorious Season (from the All Regency Collection)
A Lesson in Love (from the European Collection)
I was so excited to read this collection because I have loved everything I have read by Sarah M Eden. I was definitely not disappointed.
G
Rachel
See full review on my blog: http://smilingbookreviews.blogspot.co...

As always with the Timeless Romance Anthologies, every one of these stories were sweet and romantic and clean! You'll love them!

*I received a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions stated are my own.*
Donna Hatch
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A delightful collection of sweet, romantic tales all with swoon-worthy heroes, likable heroines, and perfectly satisfying happily-ever-afters. I highly recommend this collection of stories to anyone who enjoys clean and wholesome historical romances.
Shash
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a whole collection of novellas by Sarah M. Eden. Two are new stories and four have previously been published as part of the Timeless Romance Anthology series. I have read three of them, but didn’t mind rereading them at all!

A Friend Indeed -- From youth, Caroline has been told she must marry to save her destitute family. She has steeled her heart from love and prepared for a loveless marriage. Caroline isn’t sure what to think when George, her childhood friend, offers for her hand. She i
Daisy Dandelion
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Every novella in this collection was written by Sarah M. Eden.
Four of those novellas had appeared in previous collections.
Sarah is a great storyteller.
Nari
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this collection of novellas! There are 2 new stories in it and 4 from other collections. The first one is A Friend Indeed. It is about Caroline Downy and George Barrington. They have known each other for years. Carolyn must marry to help out her family finances. She has been promised to George a friend of her brother. Caroline thinks George is marrying her only because he is nice and trying to help the family out. George has always loved Caroline and must find a way to prove to her that ...more
M R
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Eden is one of my favorite historical romance authors. She delivers character of wit and depth that never fail to pull me in. Since I've already reviewed many of the novellas in this collection, I'll limit my review to the two I haven't.

A Friend Indeed introduces poverty stricken Caroline Downy. She's always accepted that she will marry to help her destitute family, if she ever married, and not for love. But when childhood friend, George Barrington, offers for her hand, she isn't sure how
Sara Cardon
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love reading Sarah Eden's stories. She excells at witty characters, good-hearted men, and cross currents of emotion. This collection has six short stories:

A Friend Indeed is about Caroline who's money-strapped father arranges a marriage with her brothers' friend. She is afraid he agreed to it out of pity and if he brushes her off it will slowly kill her.

A Happy Beginning is about Sophia who has come down in the world and is a governess in Scotland, and plucking up her courage in hop
Susan K
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review, Clean Romance.
Fair warning, although this is in the description of this Anthology, there are 2 new stories, the others have been included in other Anthologies in this collection series.
This was a pleasure to read. SE has varied settings and characters, her points of view alter from the heroine, to the hero, and we get to see a little of how they both think. I think for me, what I really enjoyed, is the couples are genuinely kind, caring people,
Maureen Timerman
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Six novellas that you can quickly read in one setting and enjoy, but it will be hard not to keep going right on to the next one, they are that good. Which of course I did, and then I went to the next, they kept me page turning with the enjoyment.
I loved some of the chuckles here, and surprise with some of the answers. Then ending of one is surprising just Old Tom, and we enjoy a lot to get to that point. As with all of these stories they are set in the British Isles, and we get to enjoy the scen
Chesney
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Everything that Sarah Eden writes is pure gold! She is one of my favorite authors. I am so glad my cousin introduced her novels to me a few years ago. Thanks Kaitlin! I had the opportunity to meet her last month and thanked her for this amazing gift of writing. I really enjoyed this collection of historical fiction, which is my go to for reading anyway and of course it is all about the British Isles. Each of the 6 novella stories focus on a character from either Scotland, Ireland or England. I d ...more
Nashellej
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sarah M. Eden has quickly become one of my favorite authors. Her characters are clear and strong, the dialogue witty and thoughtful, and each story itself enthralling. I loved this collection and even though two of the novellas in this series I have read before, I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting them a second time around. Each set of couples was different and had their own fabulous story of romance. I was disappointed when I realized that I had reached the end of the book. All the Timeless Romance ...more
Heather
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-for-review
These are short sweet Regency stories, what's not to love? Falling in love are something little girls dream of, but what we don't realize as little girls is the heartbreak that usually comes before the fulfillment. As these girls learn this lesson, I cried with them and my heart broke with theirs! Sarah Eden is a FABULOUS writer and even in the short stories is able to bring stories to life leaving you feeling like you are dropped inside the book, living the story with the heroine.
Melissa
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sarah is one of my all time favorite authors and I was so excited when this was announced. They only thing that would have made this a perfect book is if it would have been all new stories, but the old ones were fun to reread. I LOVED the new stories, they are always so well done and heart wrenching. I love the way Sarah weaves a story:} One of my favorites of all the anthologys:}
Donna
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vintage-romance
It is rare to find an anthology that you love all the stories in it... She did it! It is rare to find a romance story between a married couple that can really engage your heart... She did that too! Well worth ready!
Dawn Pearson
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Note: I was provided a complimentary copy for an honest review.

This is a collection of short stories. Each are set somewhere in the British Isles and at some time in the 1800's.

Personally, I found the overall collection fantastic. I do not throw that word around lightly. I truly enjoyed these stories that much. Some were humorous, others were more somber. All were classic in their approach to romance. There is nothing offensive anywhere and the editing is professional. I recommend this without
Susan
Each one of these very short stories are wonderful and heartwarming. They are interesting without suspense, violence or sexual content. Each left me with a warm fuzzy feeling. At about an hour long, they were great to give that positive feeling when I needed it. I loved each one of them. I especially found the last one to be interesting. It is about a newly wed couple and some adjustments. Quite amusing.

Clean
Short stories
Fun
recommend to everyone.
Lisa
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok really truly I want to give this book 5 stars!! But I am too embarrassed to! Hahaha! Sad! But really I LOVE Sarah Edens stuff! She is witty and creative and just great! I loved all of these stories and wished that each one was longer than just a short story! I loved the first story and then when I read the second I thought no this one is my favorite, then I would read the next one and think no this one is my favorite! And I went on like that for all six stories! Each one different and each on ...more
Laura Hall
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Perfect book to take on my weekend trip with family. I could read one every night before bed and not feel bad or like I wasn’t being social enough. Because they’re short, some relationships seemed a little rushed, but I especially enjoyed the last two.

• A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • Summer House Party
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
  • Twelve Days in December (Hearthfire Romance, #3.5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: California Dreamin' Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection
  • Falling for a Duke (Timeless Regency Collection)
  • Summer Holiday
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
  • A Season in London
  • In Love and War: A Collection of Love Stories
  • The Gentleman's Deception

A Timeless Romance Anthology (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Winter Collection