Start by marking “A Time for Renewal (Rivenshaw #2)” as Want to Read:
A Time for Renewal (Rivenshaw #2)

A Time for Renewal

(Rivenshaw #2)

In the wake of World War Two, the whole country is desperate for houses, with very little money available to rebuild. In the town of Rivenshaw in Lancashire, Mayne Esher has no choice but to turn Esherwood, the war-damaged stately home which has been in his family for generations, into flats. Rebuilding Esherwood won't be easy but with Judith Crossley by his side, Mayne ho

Published September 24th 2015 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about A Time for Renewal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time for Renewal

Tracey
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in a series and unfortunately I hadn't read the first. The book was passed on to me and it was the last in my pile so I carried on regardless. I enjoyed the story and the way in which it was told and I soon got to know the characters. It was different as it was based on a group of people who knew each other because of the war and now it was over they planned on working and living together along with their families. Without giving anything away, I loved the ending.
moira manson
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Renewal

Another brilliant episode in the Judith and Mayne saga i loved it and little betty what an absolute little darling . And Victor and Ross so happy together definitely the feel good factor plus the usual drama expected from Anna that's book 2 now to read book 3 . A well deserved 5 STARS.
Stephanie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This the second book in the Rivenshaw series - actually I think there was only two, this one & the first one A Time to Remember. the first set the scene, so to speak. I think it was the better one as I think this second book was a predictable. But, even with saying this I enjoyed it as well.

It is 1945 in war torn England.

In the town of Rivenshaw in Lancashire, Mane Esher has no choice but to turn his family home, Esherwood, which has been in his family for generations, into flats. Rebuilding
Toni
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Anna Jacob books they are simple stories with a few twists that sometimes come as a surprise. This one I have read more than once and fall in love with the characters all over again with each read, especially the children.
Kathy  E
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book as much as the first one, now its now time to read the third one A Time to Rejoice, which I am looking forward to reading. It's another five star rating for Anna Jacobs.
Susan Golding
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Satisfactory, but not as good as the first book in the series. Do not want to read book three after this, a shame because the first book was spot on!
Terena
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Second in the series and follows the further fortunes of a group of friends attempting a building venture just after the end of WW2.
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
My family and I have are established fans of Anna Jacobs. What we love about her books is the connection they bring to the area in which we hail from, Lancashire in Northern England. Anna Jacobs does not disappoint her firm fans and will attract new fans in this thoroughly enjoyable second instalment of her Rivenshaw Saga. Jacobs has made a wise choice in revisiting old characters from the previous book and first in the saga, A Time to Remember. She also adds to her character base, through the m ...more
E.A. Harwik
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Time for Renewal by Anna Jacobs is book two of the author’s Rivenshaw Saga series.

Set in 1945, these books focus on the economic recovery of Great Britain in the aftermath of the European theatre of world war two. The setting is Lancashire, a small hamlet named Rivenshaw, which is rural enough to be insulated from the direct effects of the war’s catastrophic physical devastation but not from the economic impact and hardship everyone has to shoulder.

Anna Jacobs skilfully weaves a tapestry of
Debbie
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have just read this and the first one of the Rivenshaw series back to back in a few days. Very enjoyable. The series tells the lives of people from diverse backgrounds after the end of WWII. Lots going on, moving at a fast pace with lots of background history. Very easy to read.

If you enjoy this type of book you would also enjoy The Patchwork Years Trilogy by Linnou
The Patchwork Years Trilogy by Linnou
Jo
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2nd installment in the Rivenshaw saga. Following on the the first book it was interesting to catch up with the main characters again. Some new ones introduced although while the storyline was quite slow in places would Victor and Ros really decide to get married so quick? A comfortable book my Mum would enjoy.
Katie
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I am very glad I read the first one in the series as it helped to know what was going on though this book was about a completely different set of characters. I look forward to the next one.
Joy
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good continuation of now the end of WW2.
Jane
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
A good follow up story, predictable at times.
Kathy Salmond
Nov 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
I stopped reading after a coupe of chapters I found the characters annoying and the story so predictable. Maybe if I had read the first book in this saga it would have helped.
Kerry Brass
Feb 22, 2017
.-Carol. HigginSon
Jan 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Anna Jacobs has 57 novels published as of April 2012. She writes historical sagas and modern novels alternately, and in the past has written historical romances and fantasy novels (the latter as Shannah Jay).

She's addicted to story-telling and writes three novels a year.

Rivenshaw (4 books)
  • A Time to Remember (Rivenshaw, #1)
  • A Time to Rejoice (Rivenshaw #3)
  • Gifts For Our Time (Rivenshaw #4)