Start by marking “A Lover's Lament” as Want to Read:
A Lover's Lament

A Lover's Lament

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  5,437 Ratings  ·  1,043 Reviews
In a matter of seconds my entire world changed, and it was in that moment that I stopped living and simply began to exist.

In my grief, I sent a letter to the first boy I ever loved. I hoped in writing it I’d find some peace from the nightmare I was living, some solace in my anger.

I didn’t expect him to write back. I wasn’t prepared for his words, and I certainly wasn’t rea
Published October 6th 2015 by K.L. Grayson, INC

To ask other readers questions about A Lover's Lament, please sign up.

Candace
A Second-Chance Standalone Romance

I don't read a lot of military-themed romances, so 'A Lover's Lament' was a bit of a change from the norm for me. Usually, the military themed stories end up being a little over-the-top for me. What can I say? Rambo just isn't my thing. Nonetheless, I thought that this was a great book.

Armed forces may not be my thing, but a second-chance romance certainly is! I'm a sucker for angst and emotional pain, followed by groveling. I also have this hang-up where I alm
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 14, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
SECOND CHANCE LOVE STORY FANS...

”Please don’t let him break my heart again.”

description

Coauthors K.L. Grayson and B.T. Urruela delivered a second chance romance story that put this reader’s heart through the ringer. The story is told in dual POV and I loved both authors' writing. However, Devin’s POV is a total stand out being so realistic and vividly written that at times I had to remind myself to breath.

The prologue takes place in 1996 with best friends turned lovers, Devin Clay and Katie Devora, tak
Harper Sloan
Sep 18, 2015 Harper Sloan rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I written a review and I'm quite certain I would fail if I tried to convey my feelings about A Lover's Lament. To say I loved it really just isn't an adequate way to express how much this book touched me deeply. From the very first pages you're hooked. The characters heartbreakingly beautiful journey to happiness grips you right in the heart and I swear for a good majority of the book that grip was so fierce that I have permanent goose bumps.

You feel for them. With them.
Mysza
Oct 04, 2015 Mysza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
"I want you back. I want us, Katie."
I can't believe how long that gem sat hidden on my kindle. One of my top second chance love stories ever. I couldn't stop thinking about it in between reading time and that's saying something.

Writing was great, both female and male POVs. I was positively surprised by that, especially since it's a debut from one of the authors. And if Mr Urruela keeps that up, I say hell yeah!, I will keep waiting for more from him.

I loved how the fate brought the charact
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
May 24, 2015 TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover rated it did not like it
Shelves: no-just-no
I usually start reviews like this with how badly I wanted to love the book. And it's true. I absolutely hate writing reviews for a book I so desperately wanted to love, but didn't. And this book unfortunately falls into that category.

I am fairly certain the POVs were split/written by each author. I had a very hard time reading the heroine's POV. My absolute biggest pet peeve while reading is overly descriptive writing, and her POV described every action taken, every bodily motion, every facial
 ⚛ KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books
**༻Complimentary Copy༺** Provided by the author "K.L. Grayson" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: A Lover's Lament
AUTHOR: K.L. Grayson
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: October 6th 2015

MY RATING: 4 STARS

Prays to the book gods "please, please don't be a sad book."

PAST

Devin and I met on the first day of first grade. He stole my Barbie pencil, I cried like a little girl—well,
The next day on the playground, Devin pushed me down and walked away laughing. Pushing up fro
Erika
DNF 30%

Bothered by

(view spoiler)
Anna
Oct 08, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
Ok ..... I'm guilty of clicking based solely on cover-lust but can we discuss that blurb ..... And Those dog tags ...... Gets me everytime. I love second chances !!!

This is my 150th book of the year and it's perfect to complete my 2015 reading challenge with.

Bring it ❤
Olga therebelreader

I thoroughly enjoyed the characters of Devin and Katie. They both were searching to "find" themselves in a way and escape their realities. Devin was a vibrant, hot hero who was a perfect match for the heroine. A well delivered story, with a deep plot, wonderfully crafted characters with depth and chapters that flow smoothly till the last page has been turned. Why 3.5 stars? Because the book didn’t give me a total closure…what about Katie’s psychotherapy…what happened to Wyatt? Devin and
AJ
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS BOOK!

A breathtakingly beautiful second-chance-romance that is full of emotion and kept me enthralled from start to finish. What an incredible love story!

“I am yours, whether you want me or not. I’ve given you my heart, and even if you don’t want it, you can’t give it back because it belongs to you. I know what I have— what we have. It’s special. It’s once in a lifetime.”

5 stars

The prologue of the book introduces us to 17 year old Katie and Devin. They grew up together and
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 05, 2015 Gitte TotallyBookedBlog rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015

4.5 Gut Wrenching Stars

Friends from childhood Devin and Katie’s story is one of love, heartbreak, hope and loss. It’s about carrying someone else’s heart within their own of which time is no consequence. A story of re-awakening and forgiveness. As inspirational as it is heart-wrenching. A Lover’s Lament is a beautiful and poignant second chance at a love that never died. A story of courage led by your heart.

“I’ve given you my heart, and even if you don’t want it, you can’t give it back because
Deserie williams
Oct 07, 2015 Deserie williams rated it really liked it
Contains Spoilers! !

4.25 stars.well I enjoyed this one. I didn't agree with some things but towards the end I kind of understood why. I felt their connection to one another but at the same time I didn't feel like I got the full affect of their relationship. This had me crying all sorts . Happy, sad, mad and frustrating tears! I really did love their letters and emails too each other :) I loved the epilogue and I'm glad they got their HEA! I would read this one again because the interaction we g
Bev
I'm not sure what it is about this book that grabbed me from word one and didn't let go. Possibly because it's written by two authors who did a fantastic job transitioning between the dual POV's? Add to that there was no unnecessary drama, a gorgeous second chance love story, honesty with each other and two really likeable characters.

What really stood out for me was that although Katie was engaged to Wyatt when she started writing to Devin to try and help her move on from her loss, she broke it
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
This is a story of love, forgiveness, loss and hope.

Normally I avoid books that are likely to make me cry because quite frankly I read to disappear in my head away from the real world for a while, for an escape, to forget about the shitty bits in my life. Boy am I glad I didn't avoid A Lover's Lament even knowing I was likely to ball like I'd eaten too many chillies.

description

This book made me feel like I was sat in the middle of a kaleidoscope of emotions, but in the best way possible.

The writing was be
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 05, 2015 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it

4.5 Gut Wrenching Stars

Nancy's Romance Reads
May 21, 2015 Nancy's Romance Reads rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arcs
5 STARS: GORGEOUS & COURAGEOUS!

description

This military/second chance romance was captivating. It was a story I couldn't stop feeling in my heart right from the prologue and all the way to the epilogue. The way the heartbreak and lament are depicted here plus the hope the characters hold on to so tightly throughout everything truly makes this a beautiful heartfelt story.

✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
This book left me all cried out (the ugly kind of cry) and and seven shades emotional.

THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THE BEST READS OF MY 2015. I knew from the start that this was going to be special and it doesn't disappoint. It exceeded all of my expectations. One person asked me 4 years ago about how I could get attached to characters. I answered him, "I just do." Now I'm changing my answer. I get attached to characters when they touch my heart and soul. I can't explain how though. I just know wh
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Nov 01, 2016 Mindy Lou's Book Reviews rated it really liked it
What a beautiful story about a second chance romance that deals with loss, pain and forever love. This book had my emotions all over the place. If you're looking for a story to tug on the heartstrings, you can't go wrong with this one. Just have some tissues ready! ARC provided by NetGalley.
Give Me Books
Sep 27, 2015 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
Oh the feels, the tears, the gut-wrenching heartbreak! This book is simply amazing! I started and finished it in one day—I just couldn’t stop.

The writing was flawless. From the start I felt like I was part of Katie’s life. When Devin left her, I was crying buckets. And that was only the beginning. She experiences so much in her life—love, loss, and the friendship that gets you through.

My heart broke for Devin and the life he had. His military career changed him and his men were his family…unti
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“You’re more than my best friend—you’re it for me, Dev. You’re my soul mate. You hold my heart in your hands.”
- Katie

* * *
“Those moments we spent together are the best memories I have.”
- Devin

* * *
“A sense of peace, belonging and friendship washes over me, and I squeeze my eyes shut because the feeling is so familiar that it physically hurts.
And for the first time, it hits me—I miss him. I miss our friendship, the connection that we shared. I miss being able to talk to him without being judged
Paula

Beautiful, sexy, gritty, heartbreaking... I have mad love for this book! I can't wait to read more from these authors! Bravo!
Chianti Summers
May 06, 2015 Chianti Summers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Received an ARC for an honest review. This review will be different from any review I have ever written. I believe that everyone needs to experience this book for themselves and find the emotions within. A Lover's Lament was my most anticipated read for 2015. It was well worth the wait. KL Grayson and BT Urruela make a fantastic writing duo. Within the first few sentences I was hooked and did not want to put the book down. I absorbed the words and let them wrap around me like a warm blanket and ...more
Mandy
There are not enough words to describe how much I love this book. Honestly, I wanted to read this book because the cover is super hot but then I put it off because it's a second-chance romance - one of my least favorite romance troupes. When this showed up in my Bookworm Box, I knew it was time to read it. This is my very favorite second-chance romance and one of my favorite books of all time. The writing was mesmerizing and I connected with these characters and I felt like I knew them. I was h ...more
Kate's Corner
Oct 06, 2015 Kate's Corner marked it as 08-nuff-said
I read the sample of this and the first couple of pages really depressed me. If it carries on that for the whole book then bugger off. I'm sorry but I don't do depressing.
NMmomof4
Oct 10, 2015 NMmomof4 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a touching military romance. I felt their connection, even though I didn't experience the development of it fully. They had been friends since they were kids, and then their relationship turned romantic. We get glimpses into the past that are just enough to help understand their strong connection. I am a sucker for second chance romances, and this didn't disappoint. The climax at the end (this is a doozy of a spoiler, so please click at your own risk...(view spo
Corina
Nov 25, 2016 Corina rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
4 stars

What an emotionally charged book.

A Lover's Lament was my first book by either authors.

This book was so much more than a second chance novel. It was about forgiveness in the most challenging way.

Katie Devora and Devin Ulysses Clay were High School sweethearts ripped apart by circumstances that neither had any control over.

By chance they were matched as pen pals and it started a journey of healing and forgiveness.

Katie, a nurse, was going through the motions of every day life after she
Selene
I really wanted to fall in love with this story! The reviews were excellent and the beginning of this book sucked me in! But as the backstory became fleshed out, I lost interest and wound up starting and stopping this book several times. I sort of liked the characters and the military action, but this story didn't really hold my interest and I skimmed some of the letters the main characters wrote to each other. Overall, this story was well-written, but it just wasn't for me.
Anna's Ramblings ツ

Enjoyment: 2 stars
Effect on me: 3 stars
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading ™
5 stars http://amzn.to/1UpkWPv

★.•**•★ Exclusive Teaser for A Lover’s Lament by KL Grayson and BT Urruela Read more → http://bit.ly/1QIP427

Review:
This second chance romance will draw you in from the moment you open it; it will keep you glued to your kindle as this masterfully written story unfolds. The reader is given a dual POV written by two authors whose words are eloquently woven together to create a book that will live in my heart for a long time to come.

A Lover’s Lament is a powerful, funny
Jean
Jun 16, 2016 Jean rated it it was amazing
10+++++++ STARS!!!!!!!

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I loved this book.  It will stick with me for a long time, and I've been recommending it to all my friends (you know who you are....you better read it!).

Friends all through childhood, Katie and Devin, had that something special that you don't find everyday.   When Devin unexpectedly disappears from her life sooner than she thought, it is totally heartbreaking.  And that 10 year gap before they connect again.....IT KILLED ME!!  ABSOLU
Help finding a good book 3 27 Nov 02, 2015 09:42AM
  • Into the Nothing (Broken Outlaw, #1)
  • Shadow & Soul (Night Horde SoCal, #2)
  • All of Me (All of Me, #1)
  • Missed Connection (Viral, #1)
  • Room 212
  • Between Before and After
  • The Shortstop
  • Maybe This (The McCallans, #4)
  • Pieces of Him
  • Sacrifice
  • Sweet Talk
  • Time and Space (Crazy Good, #3)
  • Feels like Summertime
  • Vivid
  • And Then You
  • For Life
  • Cement Heart (Viper's Heart, #1)
  • Captured
I'm a mother and wife first, and sometimes I like to pretend that I'm actually a Nurse Practitioner, but I'm ALWAYS a writer.
More about K.L. Grayson...

“Katie,” he says, cutting me off. “You’re my home. I’m coming home to you. Where you are, that’s where I’ll be.” 5 likes
“That’s the great thing about love … it finds you. And when it’s true love, it doesn’t go away, and you just know. You don’t have to wonder or guess, because it just … is.” 3 likes