Start by marking “Borrowing Trouble (Pig & Barley, #2)” as Want to Read:
Borrowing Trouble (Pig & Barley, #2)

Borrowing Trouble

(Pig & Barley #2)

Lust or love? Can Marisa even tell the difference?

Juggling a new boyfriend who is constantly MIA for work, his mom who likes her just a little too much, a best friend whose husband might be sneaking around, and a busy career saving clients from sexual harassment lawsuits is pulling Marisa Tanner apart at the seams. Being with Trip is good, but is it real? Will he bail on
Published August 24th 2015 by Atacama Books (first published August 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Borrowing Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowing Trouble

ItaPixie
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

In Borrowing Trouble we find Marisa and Trip exactly where we left them at the end of the first book in the series.

Our heroine has some problems to keep our Hero in check,he is always so driven it isn't easy to keep up with him and his ideas but he is swoon worthy and lovable and f*ckable she can't never resist himand his charm.

I've really appreciated the chance to read more about these characters journey.
It was a funny,lighthearted story with a lot of family love and emotions.

I've enjoyed it s

Morgan Reeves
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowing Trouble was a great conclusion to Trip and Marisa’s story. It hit almost all of the major points for me, and was, in turns, sweet, spunky, and little bit steamy.

Like the first book, Risking Ruin, the dialogue really carried this book for me. It was a true joy to read the interactions between Marisa and Trip, and I found myself chuckling at several points in response to their banter.

Borrowing Trouble did really well at highlighting the problems you find in a typical relationship. The
Pam
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowing Trouble starts off where it left off, with Marisa and Trip still together. Like the blurb states, Marisa is becoming a bit overwhelmed with everything, and feels like she is being pulled at all angles. Trip seems so sure about their relationship, and Marissa isn’t quite as sure. Can love really happen that fast? She is a bit insecure as to how Trip feels about her, and how she feels about Trip. Totally normal emotions in a new relationship.

Trip’s mother loves Marissa, and Marissa just
Ann
4.5 stars. That Trip is a keeper. Loved this author's 4 books. Look forward to what she has next.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is the follow up to the first book in the series. You will need to read that one first. Marissa and Trip have gotten his dad's blessing to be in a relationship but things are more difficult than either of them expected. This one has a little more intrigue to it. Exes, absent husbands, s3xual harrassment suits, longing, trust issues and falling in love.

Both Marissa and Trip need to decide if together is the place they want to be. The chemistry is still there, can love hold them together thr
Gina Sheldon
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
GAH I love this couple so much! Seriously I was left dying for more after finishing Risking Ruin (book 1)and Mae Woods gave us more! I devoured this story just like I did with book 1. Trip and Marissa were finally together but they now needed to figure how to be in a relationship.

Borrowing Trouble was perfect in my eyes. There was enough drama to hold my attention but not too much where I wanted to strangle the author for tearing apart a couple I adore. I can't wait for more by Mae Woods!

I def
Mary
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowing Trouble continues from where we left Trip and Marisa in Risking Ruin.
I really enjoyed the story, it was fun and had the perfect ending. There wasn't loads of drama but they had to work at their long distance relationship and also learning to be part of each other's families. Marisa's best friends had some issues though and this actually showed Marisa that Trip cared as he wanted to help out and went further than she thought he would.
This was a feel good story and I would rate it betw
Maggie Schuler
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Again Wood brings on the strength and structures of her already romantically witty characters with Marisa and Trip. Borrowing Trouble only helps ground Wood's as a witty, humor filled author with the skills to tie in a sold plot, and continue the beauty of examining what happens in real life. Her strength as a writer only shines brighter with book two and both Risking Ruin and Borrowing Trouble are well worth the reads.
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves
I loved Risking Ruin so much that as soon as I finished, I had to start Borrowing Trouble. Book two picks up where book one leaves off.

I love everything about Marisa and Trip. They are both smart and confident. They have amazing chemistry. They are similar in a lot of ways but their differences are perfect complements.

This author quickly became a favorite, auto-buy for me. I can't wait to see what's next!
Michelle Rodriguez
4.5 oh Trip. Review to follow.
Mae Wood
Aug 25, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Paperback version now available!
E-Reader Addict
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There’s nothing that takes me higher than finding an author who makes me fall in love with every single one of their written words. The downside is the crash that happens when I’ve read everything they’ve written (I read Ms. Wood’s books backwards from the way they were released, reading This Time Is Different first, then Plus One, then Risking Ruin followed by Borrowing Trouble). And that’s where I am right now with Mae Wood. I’ve scoured her website just to read anything else of hers I may hav ...more
Michelle
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars. Borrowing Trouble picks up from where Risking Ruin ends. Now that Marisa and Trip are an official and publicly open couple, this seals the deal as far as how potentially serious they are. Although Marisa still isn't fooling herself into thinking Trip is thinking of a long term future, his mother seems to have that idea. And as Marisa and Trip share more of the deeper parts of themselves, it becomes apparent that even with Trip's constant absence from traveling, they have something w ...more
Sandra
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Double Trouble

No doubt in my mind, Trip Brannon deserves to be #1 on the list of Book Boyfriends. A world-class hottie who’s an astute businessman with impeccable ethics, is kind, considerate of others AND a great lover? Yup! Marisa is a chronic worry wart and as much of a tiger in the courtroom as in the bedroom, which pleases Trip no end. Author Mae Wood hit it out of the park in book 2 of the Pig & Barley series, “Borrowing Trouble”. Great romance, witty dialogue, a bit of intrigue to ke
Pansy
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good

I would not say that it is my fav of the two books or even my fav series but it was good. Trip and Marisa were perfect together. Strong personalities, lawyers, and athletes. Perfect. Marisa’s pessimistic view kind of got on my nerves but I could understand why she felt uneasy with dating Trip but there were time the inner whiny dialogue was overwhelming. I am not going to say too much and spoil the storyline. I did like both books and because I read another book first before which men
Susan
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Borrowing Trouble is the conclusion to Trip and Marisa's story. I fell in love with these two in Risking Ruin. I loved how independent Marisa was, and how strongly Trip felt about her.

In this second book in the duet, the two now have permission to persue a relationship. Trip goes at it hard, while Marisa is a little more hesitant. She fears for her job, as well as her heart.

I really loved the characters in Borrowing Trouble- especially Trip. I also loved the side plot with Erica and Josh. This
Joyce
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Impetuous, meet immovable
I loved Trip so much in this book! So impetuous, he thrives on showering Marisa with all his love and attention. If only Marisa would get out of her own way to accept what he offers! I confess to wanting to smack her a couple times, but this is such an aptly named book. For Marisa constantly borrows trouble with her doubts and fears. She has nothing to worry about where Trip is concerned, though. They settle each other, Trip and Marisa are such a great couple! I loved t
Gina Marie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mae-wood
Trip & Marisa Part 2

I enjoyed reading more about Trip and Marisa’s journey to happily ever after. Trip is so sweet and he pursuit of Marisa is very determined, he knows who he wants and is doing everything he can to prove it. Marisa is hesitant and seems to be second guessing everyone’s words and actions, especially Trips until she realizes that he truly isn’t playing games that is.
Jill Oates
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Closer to 4.5 stars

Risking Ruin didn't do it for me but I really loved this book - it brought it altogether and was such a lovely story. I loved Erica and Josh, Marisa's talking to herself really worked in this book, where in Risking Ruin it fell flat for me.

All of Mae Wood's books have been so enjoyable (particularly love Bert!). A brand new author for me and loving her books - and her writing on Books + Main!
Michelle
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unlimited
Oh Trip, how I love thee. Let me count the ways....
1. Your dirty mind.
2. Your high sex drive.
3. Your love for "Runner Girl".
4. Your love for your family.
5. That dirty mind again.

While I found that Marisa over thought a lot of things, I liked that she thought things through. I loved that she had Erica to turn to to help her with her self doubt thoughts. I wanted to smack her a few times and be all "LOOK at what Trip is doing for you".

I FLOVED the "I mean it"'s.
Sharron Carr
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Best

The characters, the storyline, the feelings! All of these lead to the 5 stars! Trip and Marisa basically fall into each other so unsuspecting, they are perfect together. He helps overcome her relationship fears after a not so nice history. She calls him on his bull. Absolute perfection.
Kim
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in the series. The relationship between Marisa and Trip is building in its intensity but life throws in conflict for family and friends. This whirlwind romance has some things to overcome. As with book 1, Risking Ruin, this book is very well written and contains some really great characters. I highly recommend this great series.
Brenda Walters
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mmmmmm

So good! Absolutely loved this and Risking Ruin. Mae Wood tells an amazing story. Her characters come to life and you wish you could either be them or their best friend. Amazing!!
Elizabeth Evans
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my

I absolutely LOVED trip and Marisa storyline! I kept wanting more!!!when the epilogue came up I read and all I could say was "oh my" ! Please give us more on them!!!
Sara
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 Stars!

Borrowing Trouble gives us more of Marisa and Trip! Their story continues with Marisa feeling less than confident about her relationship with Trip. Trip, on the other hand, is confident and sure about what they have together.

I was quite impressed at how real the relationship between Trip and Marisa felt. They had real life complications and fears. Reading them work things through and find their HEA was pretty great.
Alyse
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowing Trouble finds Marissa & Trip right were we left them..you MUST read Risking Ruin before this one.
There was quite a bit going on not just between Marissa and Trip but all around them.
Marissa is still strong and independent and is not quite sure about her feelings for Trip. Trip is all in and does everything he can to convince Marissa that this real and time means nothing.
Between a traveling boyfriend, meeting parents and best friend marriage problems, Marissa is just a bit overwhelm
Connected By Books
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I was excited to start book 2 in Mae Wood’s Give Me Memphis series and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I didn’t really know what to expect as the previous book didn’t truly end in a cliffhanger – for me it didn’t – but the author did a good job at bringing this series to a more final conclusion.

Borrowing Trouble pick up where Risking Ruin ended – Marisa and Trip decided to give their relationship a go, and went as far as asking permission from Jimmy, Trip’s father, to be able to date – I won’t
Jody
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Review first posted on my blog 'A Spoonful of Happy Endings': http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

Marisa Tanner still can't quite believe she is actually making things work with her handsome boyfriend Trip. Her experiences with her ex-boyfriends weren't the best ones, so she can't help but have her doubts about Trip as well; will he eventually run away or is he really in this for the long run? While struggling to run away from possible heartbreak or give things a go, Marisa also has other th
Leslie
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I am ruined! Yes, you've read that correctly. I'm ruined, Mae Wood has ruined me for any other and honestly so did her character Trip!

Trip and Marisa are back in this amazeballs sequel to Risking Ruin her debut novel. This book picks up exactly where the first one left off so, if you haven't read Risking Ruin- YOU NEED TO!! Don't shortchange yourself of Marisa and Trip's story by jumping in on this book. It CAN be read as a stand alone but trust me, it's soo much better read in sequence.

Two la
Ashlie
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deserving of a re-read

I loved this story. Trip and Marisa's chemistry and dynamic made this such a great read. I enjoy the way Mae is able to convey her character's personalities and voices. Marisa occasionally rubbed, me the wrong way, but she always brought me right back. Her inner monologues helped in those moments. Trip and Marisa's partnership throughout seemed to continue building in all the right ways. This book made me laugh, it made me cry, but overall, it made me happy.
United By Romance: Borrowing Trouble 1 1 Sep 22, 2018 05:39PM

• Restored (The Walshes, #5)
  • For Today (The Avenue #3)
  • Bohemian
  • Sick Love
  • Where it all Began (Blue Moon, #0.5)
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs, #4)
  • Sweet Love (Sweet Addiction, #4)
  • Lady: Impossible
  • Don't Go There (Awkward Love, #5)
  • To Fall for Winter (Kinney Brothers, #2)
  • Relentless (Relentless #1)
Professional sassypants and novelist, Mae Wood has been a bookworm her entire life.

She loves cheeses, complicated crafts that she'll start but never complete, and puns.

A while ago Mae decided that she needed to give up the fear that she couldn't write "great literature" and write what she wants to read.

And she wants romance. And laughter. And real life.

She wants heroines who are brave. Brave enou

Pig & Barley (3 books)
  • Risking Ruin (Pig & Barley #1)
  • Plus One