Start by marking “How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon #2)

How to Walk like a Man

(Howl at the Moon #2)

Deputy Roman Charsguard survived Afghanistan where he lost his best friend—his K-9 handler James. Roman was a military dog until two years ago when he developed the ability to shift into a human. It’s not easy to learn how to be a man. He found a place to live in Mad Creek, a haven for the secret world of dog shifters. Finding a reason to live has been harder. That is, unt ...more
Published November 13th 2015 by Pinkerton Road

To ask other readers questions about How to Walk like a Man, please sign up.
Kizmet I'm not sure about the cover and the blurb but on Eli Easton website she mentioned the GRL Retreat. Between 16-18 of October she will be there and a…moreI'm not sure about the cover and the blurb but on Eli Easton website she mentioned the GRL Retreat. Between 16-18 of October she will be there and a drawing to win one of her new books which includes a mention of 'How to Walk Like a Man'. So I can only conclude that the book will be released around that time. (less)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Gaahhhhh, I LOVED this!

From the first few pages, I knew I would love this and I DID! Thank you, Eli Easton, for giving me a book worth staying up all night for!!

I adore Eli Easton, so when I found the first book in her dog-shifter series, How to Howl at the Moon, lack-luster, I was terrified that I was in for an Eli Easton dry spell. Fear not, because this one was SO wonderful that it completely restored my faith.

I love reading the whole range of what M/M has to offer, but one particular sub-g
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Before I begin, let me just say:

1. I like dogs more than people.

2. I have two human children and three adopted four-legged children, and I love them all. I don't love MORE or LESS. There's enough love to go around.

3. If you have a friend who doesn't understand why you'd grieve for the death of your animal companion, that's not a friend you want to keep.

What I first noticed about this book is the engaging narrative style. Told from both Roman and Matt's POV, the story gives us insight int
Gigi

I am happy to report the sequel to the uber-fabulous How to Howl at the Moon lived up to every one of my expectations, and more! If I had to choose between the two, How to Walk Like a Man actually wins! And that is because of our dear, sweet Roman.

Deputy Roman Charsguard is a dog shifter. (I know, weird, right? Well, it absolutely works in this series, 100%. When I started the first book, I was cautiously optimistic but pleasantly surprised. I am a crazy dog-person and I couldn't quite wrap my
Nick Pageant
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I was looking for German Shepherd gifs, Marine gifs, Army gifs, etc. None of them were nearly as good as this book's cover, so have a closer look.

description

I rated part one of this series at 5 stars and this is better, so I have a bit of a problem. I can't lower the rating for the first one because it was amazing so I'll have to rig the system. My solution is to award this one with six dreaming puppies. Enjoy -

description

If you haven't read book one, I highly recommend it. You'll have a good time and you'll be ve
Eli Easton
Oct 26, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
The release date has been set for Nov 13th and the cover and blurb are now up. You can read the first and second parts of chapter one on "The Novel Approach" and "My Fiction Nook". Links here:
Dalia
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Roman Charsguard has been adopted and trained for military by James Pattson, his K-9 handler. They were in Afghanistan for two years until James died. After that Roman was put in a kennel once again and was supposed to have a new handler. However, the bond Roman and James had gave Roman a spark that turned him into a man. He ran away from the kennel and soon found himself in Mad Creek, a town where quickened (shifters) live and help each other out.

Matt Barclay was sent as DEA investigator to Mad
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

Once again Eli Easton delivered a heart-warming, sweet, humorous and tender tale. “How to Walk Like a Man” is the second installment in her PNR series entitled “Howl at the Moon” and tells the story of Deputy Roman Charsguard, character we met in the previous installment in the series. This second book can be read as a standalone, but I truly recommend you to also read book1. You won’t regret it!

Roman works as a Deputy in Mad Creek, a special little town with friendly, yet a little str
.Lili.
 photo ZX6xu1nNGOWJ_zpsmom9ony0.gif

OMGsh! This book! This book was absolutely adorable and left me teary eyed with a sappy smile on my face. This story is about a closeted man, Matt, who has harbored a crush for Roman after he saved him months prior.

photo image.jpg1_zpsk2gvbsul.jpg
What I loved:

*Roman. He's an all time favorite of mine now. He was so sweet and innocent and trusting. I loved seeing the world through his eyes. He kind of took my breath away and at the end made me cry with his happiness.
*Matt. Although, Roman was the star of the book Matt was a
BWT (Belen)

**********
ETA 02/17/2016: Just purchased on audio with Matthew Shaw narrating. Yeah, boy!!!
**********
I absolutely, unequivocally, hard-core LOVE and ADORE this story! Eli Easton - THANK YOU!! Because this? This was PHENOMENAL!

phenomenal

Getting to see the characters I got to know and love from How to Howl at the Moon again, ESPECIALLY Roman Charsguard, the newly quickened, German Shepard shifter, made me melt faster than a chocolate bar left in the sun, and it's just as sweet and savory! Roman made this
Susan
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
These books are so adorable.

description

I wasn’t so sure I would like this when I started this. Roman seemed so naive and almost childlike in Howl at the Moon. And while that definitely still was the case here, I found myself not that bothered by it..

I loved how we got to know how Roman turned human. We finally got to read about his time in the military with his handler, James.

description

I also really liked the parts with Roman and Lance. The way Roman asked Lance for advice was so awesome.

"My… my penis is all swol
Ingie
Review written January 27, 2016

4.2 Stars - Wow, such a cute "dog" story. My heart melted...

Eli Easton truly has the gift to entertain and write heartwarming cunningly humoristic stories about lovely men who prefer nice men. Easygoing and very tender romances that are so easy to love. I usually a big PNR lover, enjoyed but wasn't totally happydancing amazed (as many others) about #1-How to Howl at the Moon (3.5 stars).

description description description description

...Anyway, I was curious about the lonely and sad German Shepherd, it was ti
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ by: Alvin
I ❤ Roman!!!

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤

He makes this book. He so cute and innocent and genuine.

I didn't really get the whole quickened thing in the first one but it's explained much better in this one and with Roman only being a human for 2 yrs... hilarity ensues. Being a human is tricky business.

Lance sighed. "it's not like that with humans, Roman. Someone can, er, take the bottom position in, um, sex, but n
wesley

I didn't like this as much as the first one. The build up was exasperating and some things didn't seem to add up for me. Like how (view spoiler). Or how (view spoiler).

I also felt there were loose ends which were not addressed completely

* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

Oh Easton, you do know how to twist my heart in knots and make me feel. Despite this being fiction, and dog shifter fiction at that, it in no way lessened the emotional impact elicited when it came to Roman.

Roman just wants to love, to be loved, have purpose and be useful. It's a tall task to achieve especially since he's fallen for a human, which brings many complications. However, his innate goodness, honesty, and integrity shine through, and in turn, Matt can hardly resist the temptati
Ele
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal

My friends know that I'm not into shifter stories. At all. I can't seem to get into them although I 've tried. Not even from authors that I absolutely love.

So, me rating a shifter book with 4 stars, is very very good.

I admit, the romance didn't do much for me and I didn't really care for the mystery.

This story was ALL Roman. His naivety, his honest reactions, the sexual awakening and his hilarious efforts to get used to his human body.

And I loved the town. I'd really like to live in Mad Creek
Cory
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so hard!

Roman was just the sweetest and I totally fell in love with him. He really made the story. The conversations that he had with Lance were so awesome for so many reasons. I would secretly hope that Roman would have questions just so he would call Lance as each of those discussions were so damn great.

There were so many times that I caught myself smiling just wondering what Matt was thinking. Especially the fire hydrant moment lol. Matt and Roman slowly built their relati
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

So ummmm... I didn't love it.

I can't say for why exactly because I loved Roman and I liked Matt and it was nice getting to see everyone in Mad Creek but altogether it just didn't work for me. I has sadz!!

I think maybe it's because Roman, even though adorable, was so naive that I kind of looked at him as almost like a child and I just thought that Matt needed more information about him before they embarked on this grand love affair in which Roman didn't really understand the magnitude of what w
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gfy, m-m
I was expecting this to be a angsty since Roman has a military past but I was a surprised how funny this was. Roman is such a sweetheart. His cluelessness is just so endearing & adorable. The LOVE making scene was incredibly off the charts hot! The scene was just perfectly written. The only really minor issue I have with this was that the bad guys' POV was included in the story. I really did not care so much for it. Probably one of the bad guys will be in the next book?!

This has been a very
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Oh man, I really wanted to like this one! But I think I read it too close to the first book in the series. It felt like a repeat of that book....but with less romance.

Sadly I found myself bored and skimming parts!

More than likely this was more my fault then the books!
Adam

This was what I looked like while reading 'How to Walk Like a Man':
description

I've read my fair share of werewolf shifter MM. It's a staple in the genre, and I've got a thing for growly alphas. But I honestly can't say that I expected to read, and so thoroughly enjoy, a series about dog shifters. The Howl at the Moon series has been a great addition to my shifters shelf.

I developed a serious crush on Roman almost as soon as he popped up on page in How to Howl at the Moon. He was just so sweet and
Wendy
Loved this one :)) Roman was so sweet and akward..lol. I laughed my ass off. This book was funny as shit, but it was also romantic, sexy and even sad at times.

It had everything I needed, I liked it even better than the first one, because Roman was so awesome :))

And yes there were some really funny akward moments, but the sex wasn't as weird as the first book (not that I minded the weirdness in book 1).

I'm a big fan of sexytimes, and this book doesn't really have a lot of those. But to me ...it
Elsbeth

BR, November 15th with Paul, Sonia and Momo.

*4,5 stars*

Cute.Cute.Cute.

So Paul found the perfect image for Roman in his human- as well as in his dogform!!!

I loved Roman. I loved reading his time spend with his hangler James and how he got "quickened"
It made so much sense and I can even see it happening. haha

Roman was so adorable. His innervoice had me laughing out loud so many times.

There was so much more he wanted to share. He felt an urge to tell Matt about where the bears liked to play in th
Mary
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Roman so much. His characterization was so great, he used to be a dog and even as a man, he still sounds like a dog. His humor is very dry, he misses things, he's honest, loyal, sweet--so sweet, and when he doesn't understand something, he asks. Mostly he asks his alpha, Sheriff Lance Beaufort, who would really rather he not. The questions about sex, love, mates, were wonderful and seeing Lance and Tim again was a treat. Roman and Matt's story is not to be missed.
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

Roman is, one word, ADORABLE *hugs*

Since he has only been walking on two legs for the past two years, Roman still retains those dog's characteristics which made him pretty unique, refreshing, and such a darling. From how he finds blanket to be amazing, or taste of burger ("Cheeseburgers were amazing! There was yummy beef, and cheese, and bread too! All at the same time! Humans definitely had the best ideas ever!" -- why thank you, Roman), to how he stumbles and tries to work
Meags
4 Stars

This was such a delightful read. It’s kind of rare that a book I’m dying for actually lives up to my expectations, but I guess I’m not all that surprised this one did – it’s Eli Easton after all.

All my love goes to Roman. What a marvellous character! Matt described him best when he said Roman was “gorgeous, sweet, honest to a fault, good-hearted, poignantly vulnerable, strong, and inexplicably naive at times.” He was all of that and more and he made this story such a pleasure to read.

Ba
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Alpha Driven Sweetness!

OMG! I love this book!!

Wow!Roman is one of the best characters ever. Of course he is my favorite dog and, omg, he did not disappoint. Matt...I adored. But, a Roman and his persona...fierce protective, good guy, tough guy, and I heart him, his past was brutal but his heart was solid. This was another easy read of which I needed. Because yes, I pressed the easy button to get this little lovely and got lucky.

This is my favorite couple....sigh....🖤
Alvin
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting and very fun book!
The story was very good! And this is probably one of the most creative ones for 2015.
Because one of the MCs was a former dog! So how can a former dog now hunk fall in love? You'll have to read to find out!

All I can say it was a delight to read. It was quite over-hyped, but I got why the others were raving about it. Roman and Matt were so likable, especially Roman. Reading his journey becoming a man: feeling love, pain, laughter, happiness, loneliness
Sheziss
I love Roman!

(Sorry, I've been keeping these pics for ages now. I can't believe I finally get to use them!)

REVIEW TO COME!

Makhda
Wow. Amazing!

It was way more fun than the book #1. Why? Because I think Roman is one of the best characters ever built. I really loved his character development. Love you, Roman. <3

• Launch the Hunt (Grizzly Rim #1)
  • Hexbreaker (Hexworld, #1)
  • Belligerent Beta (Pack Partners #2)
  • Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines #2)
  • Dipping His Pen in the Office Ink
  • Lab Rat's Love
  • Caged
  • Straight Men Can't Cook
  • Good Bones (Bones #1)
  • The Omega's Pack (The Protection of the Pack #2)
  • Striker (The Valespian Pact #2)
  • City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch
  • No Boundaries
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Moondrop
  • If I Must
  • Misinformation
  • Dare to Love Forever (New Vampire Justice #1)
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto

Howl at the Moon (5 books)
  • How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon #1)
  • How to Wish Upon a Star (Howl at the Moon, #3)
  • How to Save a Life (Howl at the Moon, #4)
  • How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)
“Roman, it's all fine! Okay? You can top, bottom, or do it sideways, it doesn't matter."
"You can do it sideways? Is that like spitting sideways?”
8 likes
“Look, human men are either 'gay' or 'straight'. Well, there are other options, but let's not get into that right now.” 4 likes