Start by marking “Rikki (Hart University, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rikki (Hart University, #1)

Rikki

(Hart University #1)

Ever since junior high and an ill-fated game of seven minutes in heaven, Rikki Eisendrath and Sam Payne have hated each others’ guts. But when they end up at the same college—and the same dorm—they figure it’s time to declare a truce.

They even become friends… sort of. But when Sam asks Rikki to model for his sculpting project, they start spending more time together—and he
Published September 22nd 2015 by Abigail Strom (first published September 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Rikki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rikki

NiCoLeTa E.
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***5 "Love to Hate" stars with all my heart***

This story was beyond hatred...
It was beyond friendship...
And surely was beyond love...

This was a really sweet and anticipating story...
Why was that???
This book gave me wrong signs toward the whole story...
Or should i say the right signs who Sam and Rikki thought wrong????

I did confuse you, right??? I'm still very frustrated too over this book...
And that's why my feelings were torned apart in every chapter...
I felt angst (too much angst) and swe
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
4.5 “Your intelligence turns me on” Stars

Disclaimer:
Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I guess I read this book in the perfect moment, it was unexpected, entertaining and made me feel all the feels.

You know when you have a book you really like, but then you feel is a guilty pleasure and you shouldn’t love it as much? Well, this book is that for me. But I know I shouldn’t be ashamed of anything I like, I am just insecure. (?)

The romance. It was like this romance was my
Lucia
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Quick and cute leisure read for all those who enjoy enemies-to-lovers trope in romance genre. Writing has this natural feel to it and I liked it. Also, I liked heroine. She was "opinionated but non-judgmental". Her enemies/friends/lovers dynamics with Sam were fun to read about.

However, this story is very short and straightforward. It lacks deeper character development or more detailed insight into other characters' life. So overall, Rikki is good but average book with nothing that would make it
Roksana
SELF NOTE: Hero was intimate with heroine just "HOURS" after he has sex with someone else! Heroine was not even away of it whilst being intimate with him..what a cheating liar! The worst is that you are intimate with a guy and he is not even honest enough to admit that "he screwed" someone few hours ago and he's touching you when his penis was in another woman the same night? "Gag"
 photo gag-o_zpsqatllgcv.gif
Mariℓina
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I'll dive in right away! Rikki is an interesting book as a wholesome. It has unique characters, perspective, no slut-shaming to a delirious degree and in actuality an open-minded community who is very politically correct to the T and very supportive.

Yeah right, please enroll me there right away! Where is it? Near Narnia you say, between Hogwarts and the dystopian Chicago from the Divergent series? Cool, tonight i'll drink to that!
Come on all those proactive things are absolutely amazing and i'm
Sylvie
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Rikki
by Abigail Strom

4/5 Stars!

After reading depressing books one after another, all I wanted to read was a cute and fluffy
contemporary novel and this book was exactly it.

Also from enemies to friends and then to lovers? I can never resist that.

The main characters: Rikki and Sam are always head to head in the top of the class, they're always competing against one another for being the best, They've been 'kind of enemies' since they were 11 years old.

Also, this book beside romance was about love
Jessica
Yesss! That's what I'm talking about!

I must say, I very much enjoyed the younger vibe in this one. Somehow there was more tension and chemistry that way. Really enjoyed it! And Rikki gets bonus points for making me laugh quite a bit :-)
Deserie williams
Dec 15, 2015 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
Self Note:H loses his V-card to OW couple of hours before he has sex with h( who is a virgin). Thats just stupid ! Not something im interested in.
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)

So I did something unthinkable yesterday. I read a book in one day. Something I did not think I would ever do now that I have an infant in the house, but even with the lack of sleep, so I thought it was worth it.

It took one game in Junior High to get Rikki and Sam to hate each other for most of their high school year. Two very motivated, driven teens who love the competition between each other on an intellectual level. Sam has always proven to be a worthy opponent to Rikki and she had never s

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It has been awhile since I have read anything in this genre because, if truth be told, I have been a bit burnt out on it. So it was with little expectation that I picked this up, even though I have loved Strom's work before. It wasn't anything against her, I just wasn't sure I was ready to dive back into the genre yet.

Boy was I wrong. This was such a fun read and it made me realize why I fell in love with this genre to begin with.

It had just the right amount of fun, steam, and romance as well a
chandler ainsley ♕
sometimes you see someone reading a book & you just have to know what all the fuss is about. thank you Sara, this was the perfect friday night read.

the story is about sam and rikki (duh) and their hate-to-love relationship which spans roughly 5 years of their lives. they're both academically competitive, and seem to have real feelings and interests which didn't make them flat characters... HELL YEAH.

i genuinely liked everything about this story. we had lesbian moms, college hijinks, and som
Rose
Initial reaction: How in fresh heck do I write a review on this book? I'll need a full night to meditate on my thoughts, but I'll give all of you some precursory details.

I actually thought there were many great parts of this book and it proved to be a very quick read - I read this in a matter of a couple of hours, I think. Plus I found some of the interactions and inclusions refreshing to read, which were direct knockdowns of a lot of New Adult stereotypes. Kudos to Abigail Strom for addressing
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
I'm going to be massively blunt here and say that I have an extreme love/hate relationship with this book. Rikki was fantastic up until about 85%, and then it made me gasp aloud, and want to bawl my darn head off. Not for good reasons either! Even looking past that bit, it was -still- a good book, but what takes place is hard to swallow. It's also hard for me to wrap my head around because I did not see it coming, nor did I imagine it would happen. I'm not sure if it feels like an author's plot ...more
Glire
Not the most original story out there, but it was fluffy, cute and entertaining... until it wasn't.

That ending?

description

The last 15% ruined the book for me :[
Kate (beautifulbookland)
THIS. I NEEDED THIS BOOK. I needed something light and angsty and hopeful and cute. This book is all of that, and I loved it. While I know some people will read this and write it off as another new adult university romance, I just loved every minute of it. Books like this can get away with being a 'typical New Adult' romance if they have characters like these.

Rikki and Sam are both top students; they're always battling it out for the top spot. They also hate each other. They cling onto that hat
Carlene Inspired
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rikki and Sam have been at odds since junior high, fighting for the valedictorian position. They may have had one moment during a game of seven minutes in heaven, but now they hate each other. Except, Rikki doesn't really hate anyone and when they end up at college together, their hatred slowly changes. From enemies they grow into friends, friends that help each other out when they need it. From late night talks to posing for Sam's art project, Rikki slowly finds her feelings becoming a bit conf ...more
Christine
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
2 stars

I remember liking Kate from Abigail Strom's earlier Almost Like Love; a feisty, strong-minded nerd who tamed the not-really-a-bad-boy. Unfortunately, college freshman Rikki from this NA romance left me cold.

Most of the novel is Rikki's endless internal dialogue. At first, Rikki is a promising character, a smart valedictorian with supportive lesbian parents. But it turns out Rikki may be the world's most analytical and timid freshman, internally debating everything but almost always decid
Christine Alibutud
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I still believe love is about shared values and respect and compromise. It’s about forging a connection with another human being that grows deeper and deeper over time. But love is also raw and passionate and irrational and primitive, and if you’re too afraid of that part of yourself it has a way of popping up at the worst possible moments."

description

Rikki was such a sweet read. I was a bit hesitant during the prologue since it sounded like a very shallow read, but from the proceeding chapters and onw
Shealea
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Read the entire review on That Bookshelf Bitch!

I received a digital copy of this book (via NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Abigail Strom!

Let’s start this off with a small confession, yes? I had the most difficult time finding an excerpt in this book to share. And it wasn’t because every scene was quote-worthy or remarkable, but because nothing stood out. Which is similarly how I feel about the story itself. There’s nothing significantly unique about this book that disting
Quirky Omega
Most romance covers try to be really scintillating, sensuous or try to win the reader over with risqué poses. Might I say I appreciated that this book's cover was none of the three. the simple, intimate, joyful moment does more for me than any other overly sexual pose could ever aspire to.

As for the actual story. Both the hero and heroine are the completely studious type of people. They have their hobbies but studies are important to them and I liked the idea of a romance between them.
Sam is qu
Poly
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
More 3.5 than a 4...cute but could be way better. Still glad I read it though.
Poulami
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

**I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

This was definitely not my kind of book but I ended up falling in love with it. It was so, so good! Though I was frustrated for most of the times and there was angst, lots and lots of angst between the characters but I just loved it! It made it more exiting in a kind of way. I started the book with a neutral attitude and I'm so glad I gave this book
Flora ❀
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

[4.5 Stars]

Wow, I didn't expect to like it that much. What I really liked about this book was the realtionship between Rikki and Sam. It's not instalove and the feelings develop trough time. And they hate each other in the beginning ... that's one of my favourite book tropes hahaha. But the thing I loved most about the book was that it shared my believes when it comes to sexuality and slut-shaming! Rikki mentiones repeatedly th
Jenny
No rating stopped at 16%
3 stupid ass names and I've just looked at some reviews and the hero sleeps with another woman hours before sleeping with heroine err no thanks not for me!
Kat T.
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wowee. Talk about chemistry!

This was cute and endearing and I loved both Rikki and Sam. They’re such sweethearts who were so likable and sensible and goddamn adorable. I lived for their conversations and their relationship was just so 👌🏻.

God, that was such a nice enemies-to-lovers story with a good (but insanely frustrating) slowburn.

3.5 stars 🌟
Coco.V
Oct 25, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/25/2017)!
Shane
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I loved how it played with my emotions and had me really invested in the characters, in spite of how frustrated they made me. Rikki and Sam had so much angst between them that it gave me the fireworks. They spent years oblivious and completely misunderstanding each other, and throughout the book I just wanted to shake some senses into them. There were moments that made me laugh, and there were moments that made me want to cry. Yeah, like I said, the emotions were definitely t ...more
Three Chicks
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

This is the first book in new series (Hart University) by Abigail Strom where a group, comprised mostly of college freshman, forges new friendships. This book follows Rikki and Sam who have had a love-hate relationship since middle school….they just love to hate each other. They actually thrive off of it. These two give competition a new name. When they end up at the same college the competitive streak is still there but they decide to call a truce and try their hand at
Olivia Chanel's Galaxy of Books
Old rating: 5 Stars

Think what you like about my previous thoughts, they're staying for now, but I don't recommend this book or this series anymore, which is why I deleted the rating. Peace and love my friends, teens are amazing and not cocky.

-------

What a lovely feeling it is when a book makes every cell in your body electric, when it makes you want to scream at the characters and their situation. It is a feeling I've missed. This book is sex positive, anti slutshaming and has relatable charact
Sashoy Wilson
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: nybc-2017
I haven't read a coming of age romance in years. This being the first in a while, it was sweet, nothing overtly sexual but romantic and patient. It was lovely.
I loved that they connected intellectually, that they were each other's first in many ways; it would be great to see their lives a few years into the future. I think when a love blossoms from seven minutes in Heaven in junior high, its bound to last.
It would have been great to get a dual POV but for a coming of age romance, it made sense
  • All It Takes
  • Smash Into You (Sorority Row #1)
  • Full Share (Shore House, #1)
  • Own Me (Silver Strands #3)
  • Perfect 10
  • Chasing Bristol (The Finding Trilogy #2)
  • Call Me, Maybe
  • The Secret to Letting Go
  • Getting Him Back (Ethan & Wyatt, #1)
  • Frosh: First Blush (Frosh, #1)
  • The Silent Swan
  • Maybe This Kiss (Colorado Ice, #0.5)
  • Over the Edge
  • Catch and Release (Fishing for Trouble, #3)
  • Remember Me Always
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Mistletoe Magic
  • When the Stars Align
Abigail Strom started writing stories at the age of seven and has never been able to stop. She lives in New England with her family, who are incredibly supportive of the hours she spends hunched over her computer. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached at abigail@abigailstrom.com.

Like all writers I'm a reader, too, and that's why I'm on Goodreads. I read everything, but especially roman

Hart University (3 books)
  • Claire (Hart University, #2)
  • Tamsin (Hart University, #3)
“But it's safe to say that if your period panties not being on display is the best that can be said about a situation, the situation pretty much sucks.” 0 likes