Start by marking “Hot as Hale (Hale #3)” as Want to Read:
Hot as Hale (Hale #3)

Hot as Hale

(Hale #3)

Published September 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Hot as Hale, please sign up.

1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Detective Perez...my favorite from the moment he appeared in this series, and even more my favorite now, if that's possible.

Kaleb Perez has been trying to get Josie Bennett's attention for a while now. He's handing out his card like candy when she's around, and yet, she hasn't called.

But when danger comes to her door, the one person who can keep her safe is the one she's been too timid to approach before. Kaleb.

But just as she's opening up and losing her inhibitions, the danger comes at her full
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
3-3.5 stars

www.mysecretromancebookreviews.com

Before I read Hot As Hale, I went back and reread the first two books just to make sure that I was still going to have those same feelings I had when I originally read them. I still loved the first two books as much as I did, so I was even more excited for Hot As Hale.

I have wanted Josie and Kaleb’s story since the first glimpse of attraction between the two was shown to us readers. I had a feeling that Kaleb was going to be super sexy and that feeli
Sue
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tears are flowing....this book was all at once, funny, irreverent, steamy and so emotional. The third book in the Hale Series my Marie James is the whole package. Shy, introverted Josie doesn't know now to deal with Detective Kaleb Perez' continued attempts to get her to call him. He continuously gives her his card with his cell number on the back. She's an old fashioned girl and figures if he really does want to see her he'll get in touch with her, despite the urging of Lorali and Alexis. He's ...more
Emily Goodman
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Once again James delivers a hot as Hale alpha male to drive you mad with lust. This book has more scorching love scenes that'll melt your kindle, which is becoming a fast favorite when reading James' Hale Series. With each new introduction of characters, James brings the heat, seduction and sizzle to each book in this series.
In Hot as Hale, James gives us Kaleb, yet another panty melter. He has his eyes set on shy, naive Josie. But as always, danger and turmoil get in the way.
This book was def
Christa Bohannan
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Josie is Lorali's little sister. She is consumed by her first year as a science teacher. She has watched Lorali and Alexa fall for two wonderful men. This has also left her by herself in their apartment. Having a few run ins with Kaleb, a detective who worked on Alexa's shooting. Josie is attracted to him but not having much dating experience, she will not take the first step to call him even though every time he saw her he gave her a business card with his personal cell phone number on it. Afte ...more
Kim  Brewing
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
We get a little bit of everything with Kaleb and Josie's story. I've been waiting for these two since book one. She was too shy to call him even after he had given her his number on several (not so great) occasions. There is a great continuing story line in these three books but this one throws a little more suspense in the mix. I really liked the couple and feel they were a perfect fit for each other.
poppy
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow.....just loved Kaleb and Josie.
This is the third book in the series and should be read in order if not you wont have a clue lol.
I just adored these two they were just to cute together loved the fact that after Josie got over her shyness and Talked to Kaleb there was no games or lies just complete honesty about what they wanted.This is my favorite so far although they are all super reads and very well written with super story lines you wont be able to put them down
Tiffany Levin
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

Loved this story! So glad they finally got together and were able to start a relationship. Broke my heart with the situation she found herself in but so glad it all worked out for them in the end. Can’t wait for what is next!
Jenn Green
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing

★✩★✩★ 5 – Hot for Teacher – Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“I bet he thinks I'm a mute.”
“Well, even if he doesn't, I'm almost certain he thinks you're the cutest damn mute he's ever seen!”
“Shut up”
“I'm serious, Josie. When I met with him at his office he was all business. Every time I've seen him he's always looking around, taking in his environment. When you're around, you're all he sees. Like everything else just falls away.”

Josie Bennett is as quiet, reserved and shy as they c
Kathleen Williams
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot

Josey and Kaleb's story was fabulously awesome with the two of them steaming up the pages or the danger that comes their way had me glued until the end.
T Van
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
They Are Done Just Sniffing Around Each Other

Josie and Kaleb are terribly sweet. The cop and the teacher could be totally cliche, but here, it isn't. The ending came with a development I didn't see coming, and opened up another series' worth of characters. A couple of minor plot points didn't get resolution, and that would have made this story even stronger.
Kathleen R.
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall Stars: 4 STARS

Cops
Suspence

Underneath all that innocence, does an exotic minx exist?

Innocent Joselyne Bennett loves her quiet life. As an elementary teacher her days include teaching kids then going home to research fun science projects to add to her lesson plan. Her only excitement is living vicariously through her sister Lorali and friend Alexa Warner. Incredibly gorgeous police detective Kaleb Perez was going through the motions of life. His position on the force as a narcotics detect
Samantha L
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
You know what they say - it's always the quiet ones that turn out to be wildcats. And without a doubt this applies to Josie Bennett in this book. As par for the course with this series, this book is scorching hot mixed with suspense and the clashing of two souls who can't be denied. While technically, this can be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading the first two books in the series to get the whole picture of these two and the other characters in this book.

Since their first meeting u
Vanessa
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Perez and Josie's book!! I completely forgot about Kincaid and his crew showing up to help out. There is so much I want to say but I don't want to give any spoilers!! Can't wait to read more of their story.
Lisa
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The title of this is not wrong! We met the sweet innocent Josie, and the sexy detective, Kaleb in the first two books in this series. I have been hoping for these two since the first time Kaleb gave his card to Josie.
Marie James delivered everything I was hoping for and then some. James gave us a story packed full of panty melting love scenes with a super hot dirty talking Alpha, and danger and intrigue. I could not get enough!!!
Kathleen R.
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall Stars: 4 STARS

Cops
Suspence

Underneath all that innocence, does an exotic minx exist?

Bookworm Betties
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing

★✩★✩★ 5 – Hot for Teacher – Stars

“I bet he thinks I'm a mute.”
“Shut up”

“What exactly was the hold up?”
“I was busy getting my ass spanked by a hot Puerto Rican sex g
Loobielou1969
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading the previous two Hale books, I was concerned that Kaleb wouldn't be as hot as Ian and Garrett........because those two men were smokin'!! I needn't have worried though, because Detective Perez is one HOT, dirty talking Alpha!

I loved the chemistry between Josie and Kaleb and how he showed his caring and patient side with her. I'm glad he was persistent when she didn't contact him despite the numerous business cards he kept handing her.

Having previously read the Cerberus MC series I
Rachel
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Marie James brings the smut once again. This time it's Josie's turn and boy is she different than we would have thought from the two previous books. She's portrayed up until now as a goody two-shoes...perfect little teacher..well guess what, the teacher is kinky!!! Woo hoo.

This story picks up where Begging for Hale left off.

This is book 3 in a series and should be read as such since they all go together. And most definitely book 2 needs to be read before book 3 as it's a direct continuation.

This
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description
Sweet, scorching and loving… the feels are all here!

This is the third in the Hale series and, while I’ve loved them all, this is my favourite. Josie and Kaleb’s story has been percolating for a while with tantalizing glances and shy smiles between the two offering a taste of what was to come.

“He’s a great detective and I’m sure if he’s given a long enough opportunity he’ll be able to somehow detect the condition of my panties.”

Josie is painfully shy but with a bit of a push from her loving fri
Megan
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Wow. That’s the first word that came to mind when I started this series and it’s still the word I think of after reading this most recent installment. The chemistry between the characters is off the charts (even if they sometimes don’t want to admit it) and the story kept me glued to my tablet. I started with book 1 about a week before I had to do this post to make sure I had ample time to get to this book. It actually wasn’t needed. I plowed through them in a matter of days and now I’m itching ...more
Meghan
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance, series
A cute relationship read that came across as honest and plausible since Josie was so shy and reserved in the other two books. This book picks up from Alexa's story and how she was shot. Josie and Kaleb start a relationship through a mix of funny and scary interludes that makes them easily the most precious couple of the series. Near the end of book 2, MJ kept this a romantic series, but added an intriguing thriller/suspense component that I enjoyed. Josie and Kaleb's story takes that element fur ...more
Donna Porter
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kaleb Perez is a detective with the police force. Josie Bennett is an elementary school teacher. Josie lives with her sister Lorelei and her friend Alexa. Alexa just recently got out of the hospital she was shot. She is a witness in an upcoming trial for a drug dealer. The drug lord is determined to keep her from testifying in his trial. Lorelei is not home often because she is always with her fiance, Ian as they plan for their upcoming wedding. Alexa has started seeing Garret and they are getti ...more
Amy  Crull
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~I was given this for an honest review~

I'll start by saying I haven't read the first two books in the series but you really don't need to. This is a standalone but still has the characters from the first two books.
This book has everything I love in a book...Good looking persistent cop who protects his lady no matter what and the shy,timid female who hides her feelings. Kaleb, I will say is so persistent with his pursuit of Josie. He has handed her so many cards but she just keeps trashing them
United Indie Book Blog
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~I was given this for an honest review~
Reviewed by Amy
Geri
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is as sweet as it is hot! What a great couple! This is the third in the Hale series and the series just keeps getting better and better! Josie is shy and quiet, but you know it is the quiet ones you need to watch out for! Add in Kaleb who is a hot detective and the only one who can break Josie out of her shell. This book was filled with sparks and heat and still had enough drama in it to keep you interested throughout. Love how once Josie starts she makes up for all that shy time! It w ...more
Karlena Lipari
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the Prologue!!! We meet Josie and Kaleb in the other books and can tell they have instant chemistry. Boy did they burn up the sheets!!! This book was hard for me to put down and loved it from beginning to end!!!! I highly recommend this book/series...

Gifted copy from author for honest review
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hot as Hale is the first book I've read in this series, and I could kick myself for waiting for so long. I freakin LOVED IT!

Innocent and super shy, Joselyne Bennett lives a quiet life. She's an elementary teacher that spends her free time doing research for lesson plans. Detective Kaleb Perez has only been going through the motions of life. Since he crossed paths with Josie after the shooting of her friend, he hasn't been able to get her out of his head. He keeps giving her his card to call him
DJ Sakata
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“My heart races uncontrollably when I even think about him. When I see him, I can’t even speak. The one time I did dial his number to place the first call to him made my hands shake so much I couldn’t even manage to hit the green circle on my phone.”

“I may need to pour this drink directly down the front of my pants. It will take too long for my body to cool from ingesting it.”

My Review:

Hot as Hale is a sweet and sexy story with a bit of suspense thrown in to the mix.
Sarah Dale
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Detective Kaleb Perez has been trying to get Teacher Josie Bennett to go out with him for a while yet but she hasn't called him. That is until danger comes to her door and he's the one person that can keep her safe.

Love this group of friends that we have met throughout the series so far. Can be read as a standalone but I would advise reading the others to develop your love for the Hale boys.

What a great read by Marie James, funny, steamy, emotional, gripping. She certainly knows how to tell a s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Bargain Basement: Huge Swag Pack 1 4 Aug 28, 2015 03:43PM
  • Bliss
  • Eyes Wide Open (Healing Hearts, #2)
  • Shadowmen (Stories of the Order, #1)
  • Unjustly Destroyed (Incapable #2)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Sawyer (Torey Hope: The Later Years, #2)
  • The Perfect Bastard
  • Incineration: A Holiday Story (Explosive 2.5)
  • Dangerous Ties (Ties, #1)
  • Stranger
  • Vision of Love (Infinity, #1)
  • Oceans Collide (Oceans Trilogy, #1)
  • Jack (Devils Bend, #3)
  • Torn by Love (Scarred by Love, #4)
  • The Story of Lansing Lotte (Legendary Rock Star, #2)
  • Always Conall (Bitterroot, #2)
  • First Chance Fling (Chance, #0.5)
  • Away From Here

Last Release:
Grinder: An MM Contemporary Romance https://amzn.to/2QppG82

Next Release:
Sins of the Father: A Ravens Ruin MC Novel https://amzn.to/2OY6cXA

Coming Soon:
Purgatory's Princess

Marie James, full-time working mother of two boys and wife of 12 years. She's spent most of her life lifetime living in central Texas, with only short stays in South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida. Her passions inc

Hale (4 books)
  • Coming to Hale (Hale #1)
  • Begging for Hale (Hale, #2)
  • To Hale and Back (Hale #4)