Start by marking “Lily in Bloom” as Want to Read:
Lily in Bloom

Lily in Bloom (Lily in Bloom #1)

Lily Carter has one chance to save her family from destitution. She must marry.

The real question now is who? Lily longs for one man, but her attempts to attract Eric Sampson are foiled at every turn. Eric can’t see a future when he’s still tangled in his past, and Lily is forced to consider other suitors despite loving Eric.

When one suitor comes forward who could threaten
Published September 15th 2015 by Booktrope

To ask other readers questions about Lily in Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lily in Bloom

Alyse
Oct 25, 2015 Alyse rated it it was amazing
Lillian (Lily) Carter has to marry to save her family and their business. Lily will receive her inheritence (which is a piece of land in the Boston Harbor area) that her brother desperately needs in order to keep their ship building business afloat, but according to her parents last will and testimate, their children only receive their inheritence after they marry. She is basically given till the end of the season to choose a husband, or her brother will find one for her.

But the only man Lily wa
Shari Ryan
Sep 25, 2015 Shari Ryan rated it it was amazing
Wow. Okay, so as embarrassing as it is to admit, I've never read a Historical Romance before Lily in Bloom, and I just became a new big fan. From the moment I started this book, I was sucked in. I felt like I was back in time with Lily, and it was such a thrill to live alongside her during this era. All of Tammy's characters were very well developed and the imagery she created through words painted a detailed visual of every scene.

While romance played a heavy portion of the book, there was a li
Kiltsandswords
Oct 07, 2015 Kiltsandswords rated it it was amazing
I was offered a chance to read this book and I am so glad that I said yes! It was a wonderful story that had me captivated!
What was unique about this book was that it was entirely set on the East Coast of the United States. It seems like most books always feature a trip to the Caribbean or to England. I really liked that this story was consistent in being a historical American adventure.
Lily is the last one in her family to marry. She has to marry in order to relinquish the funds put aside by he
JoJo
Oct 30, 2015 JoJo rated it liked it
For the first third of this book I was beginning to think that I had mistaken it for a Pride & Prejudice fanfiction. For example: There was a cold and distant gentleman (Eric) that the main character (Lily) swooned over. Eric's relative (Kathryn) was redheaded and showed interest in her yet did not want her to pursue Eric. Lizzie, er, Lily was pursued by a gentleman in the military who ran off with her sister, er, her cousin. The patriarch of Lily's family wanted to arrange a marriage betwee ...more
Miriam
Nov 11, 2015 Miriam rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Lily is an heiress but needs to marry to receive an inheritance that will keep her family's ship-building business afloat. She has until the end of the season to choose a suitable husband or her brother will do it for her. It wasn't until she ran into Eric that she knew who her husband would have to be. Convincing Eric of that fact though... That was going to take some work.

Not much was known about Eric's past at first. A great deal of what was said was hearsay. Rumors. Manufactured "truths" th
Connie Fischer
Sep 21, 2015 Connie Fischer rated it liked it
April 1854

Lillian (Lily) Carter, age 19, lives with her brother, James, and his wife, Elise. James is the owner of Seacoast Shipping in Kinnebonk, Maine, a shipbuilding business. Lillian’s parents have passed away and James and Elise are preparing Lily for the upcoming season in Boston.

Upon leaving the dress store where she is being fitted for new clothes, Lily is accidentally knocked down by the rambunctious son of Eric Sampson. Eric is very close to his son and as the boy’s mother has passed
Linda Thompson
Nov 17, 2015 Linda Thompson rated it it was amazing
If you’re like me and read to relax and escape the day-to day-routine, there’s nothing like a good romance. A historical romance is even better, and when you add a bit of mystery, you have a “can’t put down” book in your hands. You’ll find all of that in Lily in Bloom, Tammy Andresen’s first novel. I loved the story and once I began reading, I couldn’t stop. The characters are well-developed and interesting, the plot is edge-of-your-seat intriguing, and the setting is one with so much history. I ...more
Erika
Oct 12, 2015 Erika rated it really liked it
I was very surprised by this book. This was not like any other historical romance that I have read. It had all the makings of a historical book yet it read as more of a modern day book.

We start off meeting Lily while she is getting a fitting for a dress. As she leaves the shop things start to go wrong. At every turn Eric seems to be there to help her. I enjoyed reading how they fell for each other, it seemed as though they were always meant to be.

There was also a bit of suspense. There are a n
Nikki Sciarrino
Nov 03, 2015 Nikki Sciarrino rated it really liked it
This was a refreshingly sweet historical romance. It’s nice to take a trip back in time once in a while. I enjoyed the characters and the family relationships. It’s comforting in a way to see how some things have grown and changed, shaping current day society. Then again, it’s painful to realize that many of the things that motivated our ancestors are still motivating people today. Things such as greed, lust, power, revenge. Lily was a strong woman who had sacrificed much for her family and the ...more
Candy
Nov 10, 2015 Candy rated it it was amazing
Gift - always an honest review
Haha, I wanted to ring Eric's neck for jumping back and forth with his thoughts and actions. James needed a swift butt whooping as well! I'm thankful that it wasn't me dealing with all of the overprotective or extremely obsessive guys that she dealt with. Let's not forget the conniving wench who decided that she needed to be involved. I think Lily should have had a year vacation after everything!
Soccergypsy
Oct 27, 2015 Soccergypsy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. **
What a lovely romance. It hits on all the needed aspects for a romance - mutual yet unrequited love for the main characters, family squabbles, past romantic entanglement issues, and bad people out to hurt the lovebirds. I found it read easily, didn't drain the brain, and was hard to put down.
Kim
Nov 03, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
I totally enjoyed Lily in Bloom. This is the first book I've read by Tammy Andresen, but I hope to be reading more. This book reminded me why I enjoy reading historical romance!
Joan Osborne
Jan 24, 2016 Joan Osborne rated it really liked it
Enjoyable romance

This was an enjoyable romance that had our heroine Lily being pursued by a couple of evil villains both wanting to marry her to gain her inheritance of land. The first time Lily comes face to face with Eric, the hero, I felt things progressed rather quickly between them. Despite Eric's hesitancy to become involved with Lily because of the hurt he suffered from his previous marriage, there just felt like there should of been a bit more to their relationship. The story seemed more
Barbi Davis
Barbi Davis rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Sue Brandt
Sue Brandt rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Luanne Serrato
Luanne Serrato rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2017
Christine Johnson
Christine Johnson rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Kelly Fields
Kelly Fields rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Aimee Allen
Aimee Allen rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Julie Rollins
Julie Rollins rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2017
Dr. C.H. Tillis
Dr. C.H. Tillis rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2017
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2017
tired
tired rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2015
Carmel Wynne
Carmel Wynne rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Drita
Drita rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Lyns
Lyns rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Khothy
Khothy rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2017
Barbi Davis
Barbi Davis rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Patty McKenna Van Hulle marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Diana Burton
Diana Burton marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Tammy Andresen
Sep 09, 2015 Tammy Andresen added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Melissa Morr
Melissa Morr marked it as to-read
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Madonna Dolin
Madonna Dolin marked it as to-read
Cinta
Cinta marked it as to-read
Elizabeth Stacy
Elizabeth Stacy marked it as to-read
Patrick Siu
Patrick Siu marked it as to-read
Raeline Peterson
Raeline Peterson marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Juana
Juana marked it as to-read
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Janet Watson
Janet Watson marked it as to-read
HaveBooks WillSurvive
HaveBooks WillSurvive marked it as to-read
Jennifer Lessard
Jennifer Lessard marked it as to-read
Cheryl Drake johnson
Cheryl Drake johnson marked it as to-read
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich marked it as to-read
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Cheyenne
Cheyenne marked it as to-read
Victoria  Alexander
Victoria Alexander marked it as to-read
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
ReeDee
ReeDee marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Carolyn Lassig
Carolyn Lassig marked it as to-read
Abn10009