Start by marking “Status Update (#gaymers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Status Update (#gaymers, #1)

Status Update

(#gaymers #1)

Adrian Gottlieb is winning at life. He's a successful video game designer with everything a man could ask for, including a warm comfy ride to Denver and a date for his sister's wedding. But he finds himself in need of a total reboot when he's left stranded at a snowy campground in Utah. Holiday plans? Epic fail.

That is until Noah Walters offers him shelter for the night an
Published December 7th 2015 by Carina Press

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
The last time I played a video game was in the mid-80s when I was in elementary school and obsessed with this:

I am so not a gamer, people. But I am a GEEK: a huge, unrepentant geek. I love it when people get passionate and intense over stuff that matters to them, be it games or science or BOOKS.

And nothing makes me happier than two adorkable geeks coming together ... especially when they have hot sex and amazing chemistry.

This book checked every one of my Perfect Story boxes:

- believable, sl
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Annabeth Albert, I KNEW you had this book in you! I freakin' KNEW IT.

This is my 4th book from this author, and she keeps getting better and better. Status Update was so awesome that it easily made my favorites list for this year!

How do you craft an amazing coming-out story with a slow burn relationship? It's not easy, let me tell you. I've read many a story about the closeted man from an ultra-conservative background, and they don't all pan out. But I think Annabeth Albert has a special way wit
Judith
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 4 Stars for the sexy geek and the hot professor ***

Noah is a professor of geoarchaeology,he's in his thirties and is a loner.He's living in a RV trying to get a piece of writing finished and is close to his life long dream of achieving tenure.

Adrian is in his twenties and a video game designer.He always seems to have long distance relationships and is on a road trip with someone he's just got together with.
Noah and Adrian meet at the RV park and when Adrian is abandoned,Noah takes him in for
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'It wouldn't last, but for that moment, it was, as Adrian said, everything. Everything he couldn't have, wouldn't have, shouldn't have. But for a few perfect hours, he could pretend.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This is the first book that I pick up by this author and I am so glad that did. This story was freaking adorkable that I just couldn't get enough.

Adrian Gottlieb is a twenty-five year old pass
Lena♥Ribka

Rounded up to 2 stars

The good news - it helped me to find my next NO GO MC - a pathetic thirty-five-year-old closeted virgin professor.

If I EVER come across something/someone similar, I'll know what to do-RUN!

Adrian, an openly gay video game designer, suddenly bursts into a quiet life of Noah, a thirty-five closeted virgin geoarchaeologist, who is working on his book in his comfortable RV on the campground in Southern Utah.

By a strange quirk of fate and a freak weather they has to spend some
MLE
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mm
I received this book as an ARC though NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was a bit nervous about this book when I first requested it because Noah is described as ultraconservative, and it is safe to say I am not. I was pleasantly surprised by his character. I liked that he had a innocence, but he was in no way overly naïve or ignorant. I liked his dedication to his faith, and the struggle it was for him. His love of gaming was well done, and it was refreshing to read about an online ga
Gigi
Spectacular!

This book was absolute perfection! RVs and dogs and geeky gamers and passion and hot sex and SO MUCH emotion! I loved every minute and this will go down as one of my favorite M/M books of all time. Highly recommended!!
Exina
An extra-cheesy, totally unbelievable love story of an openly-gay, over-the-top-perfect, always-saying-the-right-thing, tattooed-and-pierced but at-least-honest and willing-the-take-the-risk video game designer and a deeply-closeted, pretentious-as-fuck, hypocritically-shy, religiously-and-seriously-fucked-up, trying-to-impress-his-dead-father, fear-controlled, self-deluding, self-denying, self-phobic 35-year-old-virgin archeology professor.

Someone should have warned me about the religious conte
Ingie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review written February 10, 2016

3.8 Stars - Sweet, fun and a love story I believed in and truly liked

There are so many contemporary M/M romances to read. It is so hard to choose the right ones. Maybe I'm getting older, more critical and too whiny. I honestly get tired so easily. Impatience is my worst characteristic right now. ~ I want grand heartbreaking good traditional romance stuff. But it isn't okay with just steamy erotica or overly naughty kink or too dark or too complicated hard or most
Vivian
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Buddy Read in the MMQR starting February 17th! Ongoing.
HERE

Oh boy. I suspect that my job today is to kick puppies. I wanted to love this story, but I had grave misgivings with the characters and their actions.

Problem 1: The Setup

This essentially makes Adrian into a TSTL hero. Like find the body ten years later as hikers stumble across it stupid. If a female did this everyone would be screaming bloody murder about how idiotic she was. So, Adrian... no pass on that.

Problem 2: Adrian's mouth

That
Amanda
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect M/M read for this upcoming holiday season. I love the sweetness of this story, the snowing background, the warm family and of course, the dogs.

Noah Walters, 35, is an Archaeology Professor works for a conservative university. The thing about Noah is, not only he is a closet gay, he is a virgin. I mean a real virgin. This might reminds you of the 40 year old Virgin, but I'm imagining Noah to be way hotter.

Adrian Gottlieb, 25, is a game designer. He seems to be having a great l
Dalia
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m

Adrian Gottlieb, a 25 year old video game designer, is left stranded with his dog, Pixel, by his boyfriend at a snowy RV campground. Now he doesn't have a date for his sister's wedding, more importantly, he has none of his stuff and he and his companion are freezing. Thankfully, Noah Walters, a 35 year old geoarchaeologist and an owner of a dog named Ulysses, offers him shelter for the night as well as a ride home.

This is a very charming story. There's bonding over video games, slow burn, great
Ele
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it

I hate it when I'm the minority, but I just didn't feel the love in this one, you know?

No you don't, because everyone liked this but me!

I appreciate Ms Albert's writing, but I was bored out.of.my.mind!

I liked Adrian but I couldn't connect with Noah at all. I could not understand where he was coming from and he seemed weird to me. The sex seemed weird too. And I hated Adrian's family and his exes.

But I liked the dogs.
Ami
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I discovered Annabeth Albert late last year when I read her short stories contribution to a couple of anthologies. I find that she writes romance that I enjoy. While not all of her stories are winners but I tend to mark her releases as auto-read. Sometimes I don't even check the blurb for it. The same with this one. I saw the title, the author name, and a dog on the cover, and I just knew that I needed to read it.

Well, Status Update is another Albert's book on my winner column. The moment that 2
.Lili.
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo c3c2f1f6-28dd-4d67-86e3-f70728a8fb01_zpst694obx6.jpg

Omg, what a delightful story from Annabeth Albert! I've been in a funk the past couple of weeks and really needed a pick me up. When the opportunity to review this book came up I was all over it- and in the end this was just what I needed. This is the story of Noah and Adrian who are unexpectedly thrown together when Adrian is left stranded by his boyfriend.

Like all of Ms. Albert's books, this book was a perfect mix of sweet, angst, and sexy. She always manages to make me feel what her characte
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

...the battle for Noah's heart was going to be won a millimeter at a time. Because he'd discovered that Noah didn't like fast things - he liked long-steeped tea, slow-cooked meals, handwritten research notes, and slow, earth-melting kisses.

Damn being an adult and having responsibilities that get in the way of my reading time! I could have gobbled this book up in one sitting instead of taking a week to read.

I loved Noah and Adrian!

The pacing of their relationship was gloriou
☆ Todd
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

I think I'm a bit of a victim of book over-hype for this read, as so many of my friends gave this story 5 stars, but I personally didn't get that much fresh or new from this one.

Yes, we had 2 dogs this time, an RV road trip, religious mental battles and Adrian's sister was marrying and having his ex-boyfriend's baby (uhhh, Sister Wives, ewww, "My husband used to fuck my brother, but that's no big deal." Noooooo, that plot point is so not cute, folks.)

However, it sort of felt like I'd already re
DW
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ for the sexy gaming nerd and the lonely hot professor.
 photo 7AAC8586-7065-498E-A194-3A97866FC6D8_zps5dzy7fik.gif

It was a sweet story with a ton of emotions. I felt that Adriann was very patient and kind to Noah. He flirted of course but never pushed him. Adriann would always ask if it was okay to touch him.
 photo C9B5FCF1-B8AD-48DC-BBC6-645438D1BEDF_zpsqb4vi4h6.gif

Noah was a professor in a Christian College so he could not admit his attraction to men. He decided to live a lonely life and throw everything into his work. Adriann on the other hand was out and proud. Everyone knew that he was gay. There

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I read this book for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2017 Reading Challenge. For more info about what this is, click here.

While looking at my books a few months ago, it occurred to me how most of the romance novels I read are about straight, white characters. I've been trying to change that, by incorporating some new and different titles into my usual mix of historicals. This week, I've been focused on M/M titles in particular,
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Nothing new to add here except to emphasize that this was a damn good piece of fluff.

Want a slow build romance with quiet earnest longing?
Want to witness the MC's click in all the right ways, ways they've never done before with another?
Want an oh-so-nice look as one MC is introduced to the wonderful world of smex?

Sweet with just enough angst, interspersed with some hot lovin. I don't think as a reader, one could ask for much more. Very satisfying.
Dia
Super sweet but so well written!! Love this author's writing! I had this book for a long time and I am sorry I've waited so long to read it.
The beginning was a little slow but then I couldn't put it down. Adrian had such a great sense of humor. And Noah was an introvert but smart and also sweet. We do get some angst but only a little.
The story isn't surprising much, but it's well developed and I really loved it!!
Wendy
Really enjoyed this "opposites attract" story...but there were some things that bothered me.

Noah (35 year old very closeted gay man) and Adrian (25 year old out and proud gay man), meet when Adrians ex leaves him stranded in a RV parking (vacation) place. His ex drives off with the RV and all Adrians possesions. Well...all but his little dog Pixel.

Noah (his RV neighbour) feels sorry for him and invites him to stay at his RV for the night. After all, it is very cold and rainy and Adrian just lost
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not the worst I've read*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Well, this was a little cute. Not the best book, but still, I'm surprised me and got somewhat along in this book. Sure there was that damn insta-love, but it was still a nice read, a quick read, that was enjoyable enough for me. The book centers around geoarchaeologist Noah Walters (35) and successful video game designer Adrian ‘Dre’ ‘Addie’ Gottlieb (25). Noah had build so many walls of sorts around himself that he can see that he deserves to be happy, a
sraxe
When I read the synopsis and some reviews, I thought wait, what...gamers and a road trip?? Going in, I was expecting something more akin to The Wizard, but instead I got elements of The Wedding Date in the first half (with an instalovey gay twist), and vague, generalized game references thrown in (very, very rarely) throughout the book.

All in all, this book was cute. I thought it was fun and I liked both the characters. However, I will say that I started off not liking either of them. They both
Parvathy
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars...

A sweet,sexy,emotional love story...

Adrian is a video game designer. Enroute to his sister's wedding along with his date he finds himself stranded and dumped. To his rescue comes Noah who offers him shelter for the night and an offer to drive him home. Noah is a college professor and geoarchaeologist. Noah and Adrian connects through their shared love of video games and finds that they have an unexpected chemistry. This is the story of how a chance meeting changed their life..

I really
BWT (Belen)
5 Stars!!

Annabeth Albert is quickly becoming an auto-buy author for me. She rarely misses her mark in creating a story for me to cuddle up with and Status Update is no exception. I went into this entirely blind. No blurb, no cover, no other reviews...nothing but the author's name and the title of the story. I was more than a little worried...but I needn't have been. I. LOVED. THIS!

Go to Gay Book Reviews for the full review.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Advanced Review Copy generously provided by Carina Pre
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

A fantastic start to a new series. Can't wait for the next one!
Steven
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, naughty, read-in-2018
I will definitely be picking up more of Annabeth Albert's books. This one was fantastic!
Susan
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
This was super cute.

Noah is a virgin in his thirties, deeply in the closet because of his job and because he lives in a very conservative place. He’s also quite shy and very adorable.

Adrian is a 25 year old out and proud video game designer. He’s also impulsive and gets himself into the strangest situations. Like being left by his would-be boyfriend when he drives off in their rented RV.

Noah offers to drive Adrian to his sister’s wedding in his own RV. So… road trip!

description

There is friendship, there is
Jewel
Status Update was...ok. Not terrible, or anything, but it isn't a book I will reread.

I had a really hard time connecting with Noah. I am certain there are plenty of people out there that face the same challenges as Noah, wanting and needing to reconcile who they are with what their religion teaches, or trying to please a parent that could never be pleased, even if they were still alive. But, I don't really understand why they hold on so tightly to the very religion (or family) that compels them
M/M and Queer Rom...: * May/June BotM- Status Update by Annabeth Albert 19 21 May 25, 2017 04:56PM
  • Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1)
  • Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas, #2)
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • Bowl Full of Cherries (Avona Tales, #1)
  • Candy Man (Candy Man #1)
  • Focus on Me (In Focus #2)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • The Douglas Fir
  • Knight of Ocean Avenue (Love in Laguna, #1)
  • Winter Oranges
  • Cold Feet
  • Rattlesnake
  • The Fall (The Fall #1)
  • The Shearing Gun
  • Red Dirt Heart 4 (Red Dirt, #4)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

#gaymers (4 books)
  • Beta Test (#gaymers, #2)
  • Holiday Escape (#gaymers #2.5)
  • Connection Error (#gaymers, #3)
“No. Like a memory. I wanted to be the memory of your first kiss and I wanted to make it incredible for you and...never” 5 likes
“You'd be okay with going straight to bed and sleeping?" Noah sounded skeptical, but Adrian was serious.

"Yeah. I didn't come back for sex, Noah. I came back for you.”
5 likes