Start by marking “Hansel 1-4: The Complete Series” as Want to Read:
Hansel 1-4: The Complete Series

Hansel 1-4: The Complete Series

(Hansel #1-4)

FROM USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR ELLA JAMES...

One boy. Mother calls him Hansel.
One girl. Mother named her Gretel.
Locked in little rooms, in the mountainside mansion of a crazy woman.
Until he saws a hole into the wall dividing them.
Then at least, they have each other’s hands.

It doesn’t end well at Mother’s house.
Everything gets…broken.

Ten years later, they meet aga
Published August 24th 2015 by Barkley's Books

To ask other readers questions about Hansel 1-4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hansel 1-4

Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Finishing the series with my girl Jess. BR to come February 5th!

REVIEW

I'm not sure Jess finished this yet (AHEM), but I couldn't wait any longer! I loved part 1 SO MUCH when I got it as a freebie, and then Shelly's reviews of the rest cinched the deal for me.

How do I feel about this series, you ask?

I WANT TO WRITE MY ENTIRE REVIEW IN CAPS. I want to beat up my couch cushions. I want to throw something on the ground so it breaks and then run around in circles.

HOW DO I EXPRESS MY EMOTIONS?!?!?!?

I
Ashleyjo
May 10, 2016 rated it it was ok

Editor Needed ASAP

This book needs an editor. It's a grammatical mess, particularly when it comes to punctuation. The author, thankfully, tends to keep her sentences short, but when a more complex sentence is used, then it's mostly a mess like this:

We shared a king-sized packet of Skittles and a "Monster"- sized Sprite, and we passed the Sprite back and forth, Tiffany made some kind of joke about how we were lovers.

description

POV & Timeline Switches

description

The storyline switches back and forth between
Mercedes
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Hansel and Leah’s story was riveting because it was so riddled with pain. They found each other under the worst circumstances and after years of being separated neither forgot the other. They had been hope for one another while trapped in Mother’s house.
It seems to me like love should be a literal shield. It should offer physical protection; it should be a balm that heals real wounds. I lay back down beside him, and I wonder why the opposite is true—why loving someone almost always leads to pa
NMmomof4
Sep 18, 2015 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 50%
I was intrigued by the storyline, but I just wasn't feeling it.
This was a tough one that I don't think I can say much without a spoiler, so if you're like me and sometimes need a spoiler to decide if the book is worth pursuing -- here you go...
(view spoiler)
Leisa Prater
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the intertwined ....connected.....past of Luke & Leah....I enjoyed the story and want to know more.....it makes you believe in fate...Loved it !!!
Holly
Mar 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nope. Just... Nope. Story was all over the place. Too many open ended plotlines. And way too dark for me. Gave me the creeps.
Dani
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Not sure about this one yet. The characters just didn't grab me like I hoped they would. I felt Leah was a little pushy at times but also understood why. I didn't feel that chemistry between Leah and Luke. I know they both went through a lot, him more than her and that part of the story was gripping and interesting. It was the present time they spent together that I found was a little flat. I feel it was a little rushed and didn't like how it just ended. No Epilogue or anything.
Overall I liked
Mazmum
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
My first Ella James book and I quite enjoyed it. Will read more from this author.
Heather andrews
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
PART 1:
This time around Ella's fairytale is more dirty, gritty and surprisingly there was something I didn't like about it and I kept waiting for that problem to change but it never did. I wish I could say what it was but I think it would be a spoiler, it's nothing major I still enjoyed the book I was just upset that by the end of this part no one knew who they were (I hope that makes sense). Hansel or Lucas as the boy likes to go by is a dirty boy, "I want you to blow me," I tell her, stroking
Moon Love
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. This was a seriously messed up story, but so good!
JmsBndGrl
Jul 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ella-james, rejects
Painful to read. Poorly written, characters were whiny and not fun to read. A complete waste of time.
Lisa
Love it!!!

What a fairy tale! ;) Instead of hidden passage ways, wicked witches, dragons and talking donkeys. This Series gave you much more and a bit of a difference in a fairy tale for the adult.

Sure there was dungeons and a wicked witch and a king and Queen, but in reality they were real people who were put in charge of the lives of young people and determined their life in the future, whether it was bad or good or hideous. In Luke and Leah's case down right awful and a child in this world sh
Alana Daniels
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I will start off by saying I absolutely fell in love with this story.. This is Lucas (a.k.a. Hansel) and Leah's (a.k.a. Gretel) story. While trying not o give too much away, this story is a bit dark as both the characters have gone through quite a bit. Lucas and Leah met years before but Leah never knew Lucas's real name. Their situation at the time was difficult for lack of a better word. Years later they meet again. Leah had searched years for Lucas but never found him until a chance meeting. ...more
MJ Symmonds
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series is just WOW!!!

Ella James takes a Fairy Tale & turns it into a modern erotic story about Leah & Lucas.

This series draws you in from the very first page. It's a very emotional read. Sometimes you hate Hansel/Lucas/Edgar but then you fall in love with him time & time again.

Leah & Lucas only meet because of some very sick, crazy messed up woman who calls herself Mother Goose. She kidnaps children to complete her fairy tale world. Leah & Lucas are two of these childre
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
YES! My Gawd, a fairytale of wicked proportions, I adore this Authors wonderful creative mysterious genius mind!

So shrouded in suspenseful, magical, folklore and packed full of erotic charm, I could not put this Series down and when I did I was heartbroken, I just want more.

This story will tear your heart out and yet make your thighs go up in flames! This is what happens when two broken damaged people find each other in the dark web of deceit and comfort each other in the flames of hell.

Ella
Amanda Gill
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Total mind*uck of a take on a classic fairy tale. Hansel and Gretel are young children each abducted by Mother Goose who make a bond between the walls of their captivity. Years later after freedom and adulthood both struggle to come to terms with their time as captives. Can finding each other as adults put back the pieces of themselves they lost as children? I recommend picking this series up, especially if you can get them all at once for a good deal. They are all short stories that make one no ...more
LE Jones
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amazing erotic thriller

This was really an amazing book series that could stand alone as just a thriller if the sex scenes were toned down. Not sure how much that would affect the story, though. My point being, it does not rely on the hot sex to make it a great read. And the sex is hot! The characters are real and flawed, and trying to make their lives work after the horrors they faced. My only complaint is that the author could have gone into more depth with how they worked out their problems, e
Julie
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
First of all love this author, she has amazing writing skills! I wish I could give this a 5 star review I just had a hard time getting over the whole Hansel & Gretle fairytale, it's just a creepy tale IMO! But the further I got into this story the more I wanted to know and the more you find out about their lives the more it started falling into place which is why I say she has amazing writing skills, it keeps you hooked makes you think & you are either wanting to slap the characters or l ...more
Shera Layn ~ Book Lovers Obsession
OMG WHY WHY did I wait so long to read this. This book was freaking amazing. Like balls to the wall amazing. Hansel.....Gretel .... Mother and The House. The tangled webs that were weaved. The hurt, the love the utter heartbreak. Lives turned upside down by a woman who lived in a Fairy Tale ( the wrong kind of fairy tale) The journey was tough and the road was dizzy, but the answers, the ending.... ALL WORTH IT. I would seriously give this 4 book series 6 FAT FREAKING FANTASTIC STARS!!! Yes, it ...more
Terri Gee
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A messed up story with a twist....

I read the 1st book on it's own. I really wasn't sure how much I would want to read number 2 etc. I am so glad I did. Some twists I saw coming and others not so much.
Hansel & Gretel ... lil boyblue, snow white sleeping beauty.... hmmmm mother Hubbard was not what mother was.
All in all a great hot read. Suggest keep going after the 1st book.
Kim Howard
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a series that I avoided ever since it came out as I thought it might be too dark for me. I'm not going to say there wasn't a bit of darkness going on, but I have to say this series was one that held my interest all the way through and a few days after I finished, I'm still struggling to pick up another book as I loved the series so much.

John Grathwol
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT

It was great to see all four parts in one box set at a great price. I began reading and easily fell into a plot so juicy I could not put it down. What Leah and Lucas went through in their youth was pure bell, and it stayed with them into adulthood. I can't wait for the follow-up short coming.
Audrey
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: average
I really like the premise of this story, however, I would have liked more about the whole 'Mother Goose' angle, and more about the other children caught up in this tale.

There were a few surprises that really came out of left field, and I would have liked more clues before they were sprung on the reader.

It was a good story, but not brilliant.
Mom to 2 cuties
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a story of fate.. Or an accident depending on what you believe in. A horrible situation that changes two lives forever. I enjoyed this book. My only gripe about it is that it ends so suddenly. There's not even an epilogue.
Gabriela
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very very good

This was a true surprise for me , i really ejoyed reading ... The finish was a bit haste though ...and i wish that the author would have explained a bit more about mothers house .... Theres quite the story there! Bus all in all was really great read !!
Kim C.
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this erotic, twisted take on this fairytale. It was a little dark with all sorts of surprises and revelations. I would have loved an epilogue or some other glimpse into their happily ever after.
Dominus~
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I like it if weren't for the constant horny sex scenes, I know I get it, its an Erotic story so I should have expected it but still. The thing is, there could've been a hundred more better potential for this story and not just a short series so its really kinda sad. But still, I loved it though.
Brittany
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Must read!

I love Ella James's erotic fairy tales but Hansel has to be my favorite. Lost of twists and turns which keep you guessing and lots of hot scenes along with great love story.
Caroline Abernethy
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dark story

This is a dark story and sometimes I thought it was too much, but it was worth reading until the end. I downloaded this as part of Kindle Unlimited so it was good value for money.
Liz Smith
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I read this series in one go. I could not put it down A powerful and gut wrenching take on an old tale! But with a modern twist I loved this series and would love to learn more about Lucas and Leah's story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Wishing Stars: Space Opera Fairytales
  • Fearless (Black Light #10)
  • Keeping Jahleel (Loving All Wrong, #1.5)
  • Ballroom Blitz
  • The Devil You Know (Ceasefire #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 5 "Escape" (My Masters' Nightmare, #5)
  • Deeper (The Underground, #3)
  • Lord of the Storm (Coalition Rebellion, #1)
  • Imposter
  • He Claims Me  (The Seen Trilogy, #3)
  • Jacked (Tied With a Bow, #1)
  • To Know Her (Last Saints, #2)
  • Sweet Redemption (Tygers, #5)
  • To Tame a Countess (Properly Spanked #2)
  • Cruiser (Cruiser & Lex, #1)
  • A Hard Bargain (The Hardest Word #1)
  • Eraser (Eraser #1)
  • Undeniably His
Ella James is the USA Today bestselling author of seventeen teen and adult love stories. She's an angst-a-holic who loves exploring difficult situations and the emotions of the people caught up in them. Also, smut. But always, always romance.

Ella's obsessions include vanilla cream soda, hiking, other obscure, crunchy stuff like rock collecting, and the antics of her three little monsters.

To find

Hansel (4 books)
  • Hansel, Part One (Hansel, #1)
  • Hansel, Part Two (Hansel, #2)
  • Hansel, Part Three (Hansel, #3)
  • Hansel, Part Four (Hansel, #4)
“If you put two of us together, baby, all we need is half to make a whole.” 0 likes