Start by marking “Re-Imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age” as Want to Read:
Re-Imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age

Re-Imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age

More than just a how-to book for the 21st century, this passionate wake-up call for the business world outlines how the new world of business works and embraces an aggressive strategy that empowers hard-driven organizations where everyone has a voice.
Published March 1st 2006 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Re-Imagine!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Re-Imagine!

Start your review of Re-Imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age
Christa Pusateri
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring read and still very relevant today. Tom shares his unique perspective, frustrations and hope for marketers and brands to help us all see opportunities in serving the needs of our real customers. I am a big fan.
Paul
Jun 16, 2009 added it
Shelves: career
Seth Godin's review:

A peek inside Tom's brain, October 7, 2003
Tom Peters is the father of everything we know about work. And this book is the ultimate expression of his selfless quest to get us to WAKE UP, to innovate, to see what's unseen and do what needs to be done.
The book is noisy, busy, brilliant, loud, insightful... a visual and verbal riot that can't be read on just one shuttle flight. Sort of a cross between a coffee table book and a Freudian analysis session...

Hey--if traditional busin
Santhosh
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
A nice book that describes ideas about management and leadership. The first few chapters are somewhat scary. This is one sort of a book that will inspire to make a drastic difference by adding a enormous amount of value.I give this book 4 star
Shaw
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really like how much passion this guy has for his subject. He really gets angry at times but it's always well placed and justified. I want to read more from Tom Peters. So much greatness in this book and things to make you think.
Foad Ansari
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
it was a great book for every people who want to start or change their business , so it has a fast impress on you
Dieter Verlaeckt
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: innovation
Considering this book was written in 2003, it was absolutely visionary and ahead of it's time.
Sure some details played out differently, but the bulk of the material has become more relevant rather than less relevant over time.
Joseph
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pure Peters. Optimistic. People-focused. Entertaining. A bit simplistic at times, but allows corporate leaders reading this book to focus on the essentials of the business before considering value-creating, strategic moves.
Sasha Sproch
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tom Peters basically rants about the things he thinks leaders should do, and the whole message boils down to "Do crazy stuff, and find smart-and-strange people to do it with you." A fun read that inspired some introspection, but I'm not sold on all his strategies.
Jon
Jul 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2011
This is an outstanding business book in most places and an interesting read if you have a slight case of ADD. Peters is chaotic in his writing approach as this book has a number of chops as I like to call it, which is why he wrote a book entitled, "thriving on chaos". Another way of looking at this book with all of its pictures, graphs, slogans, sidebars, phrases and sayings is he is a manic. But that is the point here because business is going at warp speed and only going to get faster. This is ...more
Jim Dooley
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readers who follow Tom Peters looking for answers are apt to be disappointed. His strength is in enabling us to look at the Big Picture from a new perspective. This book excels in continuing that practice.

The book is not unlike a series of blog posts gathered together with wry illustrations and some provocative imagery. It is meant to be consumed in small portions, pondered, then pulled from the shelf for another brainstorming session. I would think that the reader who tries to digest it in ext
Richard Podsada
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a number of years ago, and while some of its concepts are now becoming dated, it was certainly a big fat corporate kick in the ass when it was written.

One thing you'll notice about Tom's books is their unique and somewhat anarchistic design style. At first this takes some getting used to, but I find it is very appropriate for the subject matter. It's a nice break from the typical boring corporate drivel.

Mostly, I love reading Tom's books because they are a great source of inspi
Daniel
Sep 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: entrepreneuers
Once again Tom Peters describes the business environment that awaits most organizations and individuals as they proceed into the future. The first few chapters are somewhat scary. Tom describes the end of the white collar world as we know it. He does move on to suggestions, strategies and a good kick in the ass for dealing with the future. As always Tom Peters is inspiring or threatening depending on your present position. The book is also rather groundbreaking in its presentation. There is much ...more
David
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Good thought provoking book and he delivers it with passion. Peters challenges the reader to honestly look at their organizations (and themselves) to determine what needs to change. He discusses topics which need changes, such as, the ineffective marketing towards men when women are the majority with household purchases, the lack of diverse leadership opportunities in larger companies, and the importance of reforming education from a standardized testing of knowledge regurgitation to a testing o ...more
Peep Laja
Jun 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people interested in management, business and entrepreneurship
A book that will inspire (force!) you to make a dramatic difference by adding a huge amount of value. Its a collection of rants on several topics like management, professional service companies, women in business, leadership, sales, talent and so on.

Tom Peters has his own unique style, he is an aggressive revolutionary. I find him very provocative, right on the spot, smart, insightful and interesting. I think this is a MUST read for anyone interested in making a dramatic difference.
Kc
Mar 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
So, I got this book at an ASME leadership workshop about 9 months ago. I have been working my way through it a few pages at a time ever since. I understand that Mr. Peters was being new and innovative with his creative use of side bars, inner stories, and "footnotes" in every margin; but it really made this a difficult read. However, all that being said, the information was good and it is always nice to have someone pushing you to "shake things up" and "make things happen".
Kristian Norling
WOW! The guru of business management is even more angry than me! The book is a reality check on how to run a business today. Packed with examples and advice. I like it a lot, confirmation bias people!

My only caveat is the textual design,for example the footnotes should be integrated better, but I guess the purpose of the design is to break "out-of-the-box" so it works as intended, Recommended.
Deric Loh
Jul 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone
Shelves: tompeters
Loves this book by Tom Peters !!!
* Screw thick bureaucratic !
* Flat Organization rulez !
* Branding + design !
* Innovation rules !
* Experience to customers!
* Relentlessly pursuing talent !
* Women Power !!

* IMPLEMENT IT !!!
Angel
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: education
"It is the foremost task and responsibility of this generation to re-imagine our enterprises and institutions, public and private."
Get ready to set aside your old paradigms (at least for a moment!) and be introduced to some radical new ideas for how all our institutions (business, education, health care, etc)should function.
Brian Dickinson
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ALL Leaders - Everyone is a Leader
Shelves: do-little
This book is full of inspiring ideas - new thinking that challenges the business world.

Tapping into this book whilst renewing the Do-little brand has given me energy and stimulated me to expand my thinking and to express the essence of our company in a much more positive way.

I'll tap in again on my next project.

Dreinhardt
Mar 08, 2009 rated it liked it
My business mentor recommended that I read a Tom Peters book, so I am. So far, I like his "don't follow the herd" philosophy, but I'm having trouble applying a lot of what he says to a business as small as mine. I believe he's made his living advising corporate America, and my business is 180-degrees from that.
Jim
Apr 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I was a charter member of the Tom Peters fan club during my "business" days. Unfortunately I never had the chance to work for an organization that glommed on to his ideas. Still, watching his seminars is always inspiring and fun, and his books, for the most part, are quenching sips at the business revolution kool-aid.
Bombon
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had to read this book for a course I am taking. I was not at all interested in the subject matter yet something happened as I made my way through the book. I got interested! I wanted to keep reading. This book inspired me to look at my life, past, present and future, in a completely different way. This book applied to me and I am not in any sort of business or so I thought.
Jim Razinha
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Lot of stuff in here. And I mean that in the most understated way. I had to keep setting it aside, because although I generally like Peters's ADD scattershot Emeril Bam! style, this book got tiring...often.

His four other DK subsets of this are more digestible. Still good stuff in here though. In measured doses.
TK Keanini
Apr 12, 2007 rated it really liked it
Tom Peters is a wild man and I love his spirit. His blog is very active and this a great book for someone who needs to understand the difference of working at a factory and working in the information age.
Dante
Jan 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have read bits and pieces of Peters' work before and since I like shiny and colorful things, this stood out in the ugly, boring, repetitive shelves of the Business Books. Although the stuff in here can glaze you over if you read too much at one time. You can skim it and still get stuff out of it.
Karren Hodgkins
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is worth revisiting time and time again. It's a great reference book that encourages you to rethink your business and the environment you are operating in. I love the format and the style of the book.
Matthew Campbell
Aug 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: management
If you have ever worried about outsourcing, or how you can handle the competition. This book is literally a blueprint for the future.
Beck019
Oct 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
Open idea to big image
Michael
Jan 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book once you get beyond the cluttered, disjointed graphic design and font layout. It takes a while to absorb all the charts but worthwhile once absorbed.
Kiersten
Jun 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've ever read!!! I use it so much as a reference/sounding board/starting point for so much of what I do. Highly recommend it to any business leaders or visionaries

• What the CEO Wants You to Know: Using Business Acumen to Understand How Your Company Really Works
  • Peak: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow
  • Out of the Crisis
  • The Road Ahead
  • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
  • The Balanced Scorecard: Translating Strategy into Action
  • It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership
  • Hard Drive: Bill Gates and the Making of the Microsoft Empire
  • Summary: Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
  • Toyota Production System: Beyond large-scale production
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • The Toyota Way Fieldbook
  • The Innovator's Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth
  • On Becoming a Leader
  • Seeing What's Next: Using the Theories of Innovation to Predict Industry Change
  • Growing a Business
  • Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution
Born in Baltimore in 1942 "with a lacrosse stick in one hand and oars over my shoulder," Peters resided in California, mainly Silicon Valley (where he was on a list of "100 most powerful people in Silicon Valley"), from 1965–2000. Today, Peters and his wife Susan Sargent live on a 1,600-acre working farm, "always under construction," in Vermont. His two stepsons, Max and Ben Cooper, are "busy chan ...more

News & Interviews