Start by marking “Maslow on Management” as Want to Read:
Maslow on Management

Maslow on Management

"Proper management of the work lives of human beings, of the way in which they earn their living, can improve them and improve the world and in this sense be a utopian or revolutionary technique." The pioneer behind the hierarchy of needs and the concept of self-actualization, Dr. Abraham Maslow was-and is-one of the world's most esteemed experts on human behavior and ...more
Published August 31st 1998 by Wiley (first published 1965)

Start your review of Maslow on Management
Peter Timson
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
There seems to be a movement to suggest that his work is / was no longer valid. I read this book not long after it was published and about 20 years after his work was introduced to me at university. For me, we should build on his work and not dismiss it. Might save some of the malaise we have at the moment... and ease the mental pressures that seem to be affecting society at some cost. A book that one does not need to read cover-to-cover. One can dip into it.
Teri Temme
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the conversational style of this journal. Fantastic resource and a great read. Can't wait to explore some of his thoughts even more. So happy I finally got the opportunity to read it. Definitely worth it.
Juan Pablo Moncada
Sabiduría!

Grandioso libro! No deja de aportar en ningún momento sabiduría para todos los aspectos de la vida. Excelente aporte por Abraham Maslow.
Rick
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it

A seminal work onhuman behavior in the workplace-now completely updated"At last! We have all been quoting Maslow for years and to now have such an excellent compilation of his seminal thoughts on management and organization comes like a timely gift from heaven. The values and principles he taught decades ago are even more relevant today." -Stephen Covey, author, The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People."Maslow's book is a readable, impressionistic masterpiece that extolled the virtues of

Rom Gayoso
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Abraham Maslow's genius comes through in his ability to reflect upon our human condition and his formulating theories to help us better understand each other. His Hierarchy of Needs was very influential for me and helped me better understand people's priorities according to their needs. I often look at other societies through these lenses in order to make sense of their thought process.
Kim Caudill
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finding Maslow's 36 basic observations on management and critiques of Peter Drucker and interesting synopsis.
Al Price
Oct 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: business
Overwhelmingly dull. Sad, because I love Maslow's other ideas. Not that he doesn't make good points here, just....ugh. Had to slog through it.
Christopher LaFayelle
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
my feeble words to describe this explosion of thought and direction into my feeble brain...Inspirational, it took me here in some ways
Michael Beaton
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology, seminal
This is the sort of book you never stop reading...Just read it over and over...sometimes to remember things forgotten in prior passes, other times to find things missed.

Gerhard Peters
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Sad that not much has change since Maslow wrote this. He apparently said that he feel that his journals were written for his grand-children. Perhaps another few generation I would said.
Michael Ervick

• In Search Of Excellence: Lessons from America's Best-Run Companies
  • Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution
  • I'm OK - You're OK
  • What to Expect When You're Expecting
  • What to Expect the First Year (What to Expect)
  • Seven Days In May
  • The White Rose: Munich, 1942-1943
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness
  • Out of the Crisis
  • Baa Baa Black Sheep
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • The Journal Of Otto Peltonen, A Finnish Immigrant (My Name Is America)
  • A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II
  • Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance
  • The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization
In 1908, Abraham H. Maslow was born, the first of seven children, to immigrant Russian Jewish parents, in New York City. He received his BA in 1930, his MA in 1931 and his Ph.D in 1934, all in psychology, from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Maslow taught full time at Brooklyn College, then at Brandeis, where he was named Chair of Psychology in 1951. Maslow, a humanist-based psychologist, is ...more