Start by marking “The Girl With No Past” as Want to Read:
The Girl With No Past

The Girl With No Past

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  19,078 ratings  ·  1,222 reviews
A gripping psychological thriller for fans of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train.

Leah Mills lives a life of a fugitive – kept on the run by one terrible day from her past. It is a lonely life, without a social life or friends until – longing for a connection – she meets Julian. For the first time she dares to believe she can live a normal life.

Then, on the fourteenth anni
Published October 15th 2015 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Girl With No Past, please sign up.
Kimberly Coleman
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  19,078 ratings  ·  1,222 reviews

Start your review of The Girl With No Past
Delee
Sep 26, 2015 rated it did not like it

This is one of those rare instances that I have no pictures to come to my aid- No visual flashes have come to mind to help me sort out this review....

Very rare indeed- and what makes it even harder...Is this was a book I received for free. I hate bashing free books.

...but it just couldn't be helped here.

This was THE worst book I read in 2015...by far- and the fact that my opinion is so different from everyone elses here, makes it all the harder to say that.

I hated this MC more than I have hated
Maureen
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Oh my goodness! This psychological thriller grabbed hold of me with its icy little fingers and never let go.

Leah lives a solitary existence, but then, that's how she wants it. She believes she deserves to be punished, because Leah has a secret, one she doesn't want anyone to know about. She knows she doesn't deserve happiness, but then she meets Julian. She begins to imagine that they could have a future together, that maybe she could forge a normal decent life. Then, on the fourteenth anniversa
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Pretty much everyone
AWESOME BOOK!!! I absolutely DEVOURED it! I adore psychological thrillers when they are done well. I LOVE being surprised by awesome twists and turns! So when I saw a LOT of my friends rate this book highly, I had to give it a go. I recognised the authors name and realised that Kathryn Croft also wrote The Stranger Within, which I read earlier this year and thought was fantastic, so I was very excited to read this one.

Leah is a bit of a hermit. She lives alone and doesn't have any friends. She
Sue
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
This is one amazing read.

What a journey I have been on with Leah Mills. Leah Mills is now a young woman living with an horrendous burden of a past she was involved in when younger. A boyfriend she once had. Adam the lad with the "attitude" who came across to me as the 'poor little rich kid' who endeared himself to Leah.
Then there was her friend and her boyfriend.

Coming up to date in present time, we have Leah who is living in a little flat, with her books as her friends and her little job
Elyse  Walters
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
For years Leah had punished herself by barely living a life.
WHY???
When the time came that Leah wanted to set herself free, it was being snatched away
from her.
WHY?
Somebody was stalking Leah?
WHO? WHY?

** HOT DAMN...,THIS IS ONE FRICKIN HOT MAMA ........
A literary suspense novel that plays games with your mind!!!!!

There are many psychological mystery stories that keep you turning pages....
Would I say it's perfect? Possibly not. Yet, I sure think it's one of the better books of this type!

I'm starti
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you Netgalley for my copy!

This is my first book by Kathryn Croft and I am looking forward to reading another by her! This was an exciting read that had me flipping the pages as fast as possible. This was also another "kept me up all night" (I really have got to stop that. Not conducive to parenting small children!!!) :)

Leah has a secret she would like to keep buried in her past. She's a loner and has no friends. She believes that living low will keep her past in the past and let her glide
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This is one of those books where you tell yourself 'just one more page' and 'one more chapter', forget it, you will probably devour it in one go as I did. A really exceptional psychological thriller that kept me so fully engaged I forgot the world around me. The desire to know the truth propels you on and on with this very well written chilling novel. Put this one on your to-read list for certain if you enjoy this type of read.

Kathryn Croft writes exceptionally well, with plenty of tension and c
Sue
“The Girl With No Past” by Kathryn Croft, is a psychological thriller, a real treat to read, and will keep you guessing right to the end with the shocker in the final chapter. I have to admit I did not believe it was going to be as good as it was, and I saw I was in for a real treat!

A car accident and she is the “only person breathing in the car.” She is the driver.

This is the story of Leah, a single thirty year old, being haunted as an adult, now unable to live a “normal” life after her life w
Holly
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015, netgalley
Another book that is compared to Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train....I really wish people would stop doing that. Some books just don't belong on that scale and, unfortunately, I think this is one of them.

First off, I love the title! It promises to reveal something of this girl's life that is so awful, so wrong, that she forgets everything & everyone from her past. Leaving only room for someone new that she's become. Honestly? I didn't really see that in this book. Don't get me wrong, she was
Jan
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Don't you just love it when you start a book that you have minimal expectations about, and it just soars above them and really surprises you?!! The Girl With No Past was just that kind of read for me.
Told in varying times from past to present, you meet the main character Leah Mills. Leah Mills has a buried secret...and it's a big one. She has tried to bury it, but it stains her present life so much that she feels unworthy of having any form of happiness. That is until one day, she changes up her
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this book but it took a little too long for things to surface. I'm rating it three stars as it could have been a lot better.

Leah was a frustrating character at times but I could understand why she was the way she was. I'm glad Croft wrote chapters on teenage Leah too because from those chapters you could tell that something very sinister was going to happen. I guessed what was going to happen but it still added some suspense to the story. The rest of the characters felt kind of off to m
Gary
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I decided to read this book after having it recommended to me on Goodreads and I was not disappointed.
An excellent psychological thriller by author Kathryn Croft whom I had not previously heard of but will certainly be watching from now on.
The story features Leah Mills, a young woman with a dark past and lots of secrets that she wishes to remain so. She lives a lonely life but when she meets interesting new people, her life changes drastically and she hopes that she can start again to live a no
Janet
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I saw this one being recommended a lot especially by friends on GR. It starts off reasonably well. Leah is a thirty something now living alone in London. Now living a reclusive life she keeps to herself and rarely lets anyone into her world. We know from the outset that years previously, in her teenage years, she had been involved in a crash and is running away from something - her past - but why? The book, whilst always narrated by Leah, moves easily between timeframes as we're taken from her s ...more
Christine
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kathryn Croft brings us a delightful psychological mystery. In The Girl With No Past, we meet a woman who is recovering from an ordeal in her youth.

The Girl With No Past follows the rather sad reclusive life of thirty year old Leah Mills. Leah is single and content in her dull existence. She seems to be afraid to live, afraid of the past. She works as a librarian and fills her life with books. We see Leah tentatively attempt to start to build a social life and make connections with single men vi
Lee
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through wondering what did she do? It was driving me crazy. Then once I knew what she did, was the ending going to live up to all the hype? Yes it did, I had to go back and read the end twice to make sure that what I thought had just happened had, and it did. Brilliant ending that left you thinking. Will have to look out for more books by this author. This would be one of my favourite reads this year.
Elaine
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is one heck of a dark, tense chiller of a read. I am seeing it being likened to Gone Girl and Girl on a Train and I really hope that doesn’t put people off reading this book, because it is getting tiresome seeing every psychological thriller being compared to those books, and this is a book that deserves to be recognised for its own merits.

Our main character Leah lives a very solitary life by choice. Fourteen years ago something happened, the full details of which we do not find out until t
Lisa
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
After Reading Behind Closed Doors i was a bit hesitant to give this one a go but luckily for me i did this was definitely a winner for Kathryn Croft Leah did a very bad thing in her younger years now an adult someone is stalking her through letters she is receiving it gets to a point where she does not know who to trust but realises she must face the past.

I was not expecting much but boy what a ride i got the characters were strong & the plot was great loved the ending was a real page turner.

Don
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Leah Mills has carved out a life for herself, a very quiet one but she gets by. A job in the library that she enjoys, her small apartment where she feels safe, and her one friend who works with her. You wonder why is this intelligent young woman described as pretty living such a lonely life. Well you will be surprised.

I really liked this book and it is indeed a psychological thriller. We find out what happened some 20 years ago in bits and pieces, as her life begins unraveling. There are rays of
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
www.snazzybooks.com

I loved this book! Don't let the fact that it's deemed 'for fans of Gone Girl and The Girl On The Train', like millions of other books at the moment also are, because for once this book is actually as good as those - if not better!

The story drew me in so much. I was completely intrigued as to why Leah is living such a miserable life, what exactly from her past she's paying for, and exactly what happened back in her schooldays! Kathryn Croft manages to beautifully draw the read
Linda Strong
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing

If you like psychological thrillers, you will love this one!

Leah is a young woman living on the edge. Something horrible happened when she was a teenager, something that she has to live with every day of her life.

And then one day, things change. She's getting emails from someone who knows what she's done. It's someone who wants her to pay .. to pay with her life. She loses her job. She loses someone who may have become a good friend. She loses a young man that she hoped would be something specia
Carrie
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Leah Mills lives a very solitary life. She's had a troubled past and isolates herself from others only to go out to work in the library. She meets a man online that she thinks she has a connection with and wants to meet but on the anniversary of a big event in her life she begins to receive cards and mails from someone who seems to know her past and her secrets and who seems to have been watching her.

So many questions in Leah's life. Why is she so isolated? What has happened to her? Who is conta
Rachael
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Leah Mills is a woman haunted by an event in her past that eventually catches up with her. The novel flashes between Leah in her late 20s and her teenage years, where we are aware that a terrible event is awaiting her.

It's hard to say much if the plot without giving anything away, but it's fair to say that this story is a study on guilt. The effect that guilt has on Leah's entire life, her relationship with work, her one friend and her Mother.

I think most of us have something or other that we f
Claire
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Girl With No Past is a story of teenage misdemeanours coming back, biting very hard in the bum!

Leah is trying to lead a normal life after being involved in something horrific as a teenager. What happened? Something that has affected Leah and her family since and something that an anonymous tormentor wants to make sure she pays for. It starts with a simple anniversary card and then emails. Leah wants to escape her past but the tormentor is not going away quietly.

This book has all the requirem
Amanda Hill
Feb 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Fictionophile
A novel that reiterates the idea that one mistake can have life-altering consequences, “The girl with no past” is a well rendered psychological thriller. The protagonist Leah Mills was neurotic, damaged and not very endearing, but she was perfect for the situation the novel placed her in.

This novel will appeal to all who love a good psychological, character-based mystery.

For my complete review of this novel visit: Fictionophile
Monnie
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Leah Mills was involved in something awful 14 years ago when she was a teenager, and it's dogged her mind ever since. Although she fled from the town in which it happened (moving to London, where she works in a library and lives almost as a recluse), the thought that her past will catch up with her is always in her mind. Almost as a lark, she visits an online dating site and has a virtual meet-up with site moderator Julian. Second-guessing herself every step of the way as she apparently has done ...more
Renita D'Silva
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely intriguing, extremely addictive, page turner of a thriller. I loved this book, could not put it down. Leah's closed life, her worries and her fears completely absorbed me and I wanted to know what had made her that way. The author writes beautifully, taking us, assuredly into the minds of each character, so much so that I dreamed about Leah, and woke up wanting to shut myself away and read her story. The ending is packed with myriad twists and turns and the revelations come one aft ...more
Ivi Oltovska
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it! :)
Julie
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Girl with No Past by Kathryn Croft is a 2015 Bookouture publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Well written Psychological thrillers are hard to come by, and I couldn’t help but notice this one was very well received, so I have been looking forward to reading this one.

Right from the start the reader picks up on Leah’s chosen, yet not by choice, lifestyle. She is hiding away from a dark and troubled past, shoves people
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
Wow!! This book had me excitedly turning pages to find out what happens next. It drove me crazy not knowing what all went down and page by page trying to piece it together. The begginning and the end of this book were phenomenal! This was a well written book with great character development. The very last paragraph of this book caught me by surprise. I loved it!!
Poor Leah went through a stage many of us recognize with being so infatuated with a boy in our teenage years that we don't listen to
Girl With No Past vs. Gone Girl vs. Girl on the Train 5 36 May 31, 2017 07:48AM
http://maleenhancementshop.info/tvolve/ 1 3 Aug 30, 2016 12:58AM
http://helix6garciniareview.com/noxitril/ 1 3 Aug 26, 2016 12:18AM

• Wielbiciel
  • Zjawa (Komisarz Eryk Deryło, #6)
  • Die Kamelien-Insel
  • Bestia (Komisarz Eryk Deryło, #7)
  • Knjiga za Divlju ženu
  • Perfect Together (Serendipity's Finest, #3)
  • Żałobnica
  • Nie odpisuj (Martyna, #1)
  • The Sister
  • Nie patrz (Martyna, #2)
  • Respirar por la herida
  • How I Lost You
  • Grób (Liza Langer i Orest Rembert, #2)
  • The Sister-in-Law
  • Nie wiesz wszystkiego
  • Totentanz (Cienie przeszłości, #3)
  • Iluzja (Cienie przeszłości, #2)

News & Interviews

“I had never felt more alone. That was what happened when you let people in.” 6 likes
“imagine being part of a pair, attached so firmly to someone that their life was entwined with mine,” 2 likes