Start by marking “The Cemetery Club (Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cemetery Club (Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery #1)

The Cemetery Club

(Darcy & Flora #1)

Goshen Cemetery lay quiet and peaceful under a benevolent spring sky. Darcy Campbell and her mother, Flora Tucker, had no inkling that in a few moments, the scene would change and they would face a horror on the ground and a threat from above, beyond their imaginations.

Becoming entangled in a centuries-old legend, being targeted by a group of ruthless men, and

Published October 10th 2014 by Pen-L Publishing (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Cemetery Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cemetery Club

Start your review of The Cemetery Club (Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery #1)
Quenya
I have to admit up front I listened to book 2 before I listened to this one and I have to say if I had listened to this one first I wouldn’t have continued the series. The mystery started with a bang but then it hit the slow motion button and just dragged on. The final ending of the book went on and on too the point I almost starting rooting for the bad guy.

I got to the point where I needed an escape from Darcy’s thoughts because I really didn’t care. Like other reviewers I found the Christian
Patricia Gligor
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! "The Cemetery Club" by Blanche Day Manos is the first book in her Darcy and Flora cozy mystery series and I highly recommend it. The main characters were well-developed and likeable, so much so that I held my breath when the author placed them in danger. For me, the characters come first and the plot comes second. But, in this novel, the unique setting, the cast of characters and the plot combined to keep me turning the pages.
Susan
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Cemetery Club by Blanche Day Manos is the first book in her Darcy and Flora cozy mystery series and I really enjoyed their story. Darcy and Flora had me giggling out loud many times. Anyone who enjoys cozy mysteries with plenty of twists and turns will love The Cemetery Club. It sure did hook me right away and I didn't want to stop reading, but as always, life gets in the way. I'm excited to continue on with this series.
Jeanne Adamek
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt that this mystery was a sort of rough diamond...it needed a bit of polish. There were many parts that I loved, and I have to admit that the beginning of the story made me want to continue reading. It had a great feeling of excitement that sort of died down.

And I really wished that there was more about the "Cemetery Club" as the name is really what had drawn me to the book. I did feel a bit let down. Also, I felt that the story had brought up a few things that were not taken care of
Deb
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The Cemetery Club (Darcy and Flora Cozy Mystery) by Blanche Day Manos & Barbara Burgess is a great cozy mystery that mixes faith, mystery and family along with suspense that leaves you on the edge of your seat and wanting more.

Darcy has come home to her mother’s after the death of her husband. When her mother Flora along with Darcy find the body of Flora’s good friend Ben at the cemetery then things get really interesting and dangerous for Darcy and Flora. Can they find out why and who
Margaret
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't want to put it down.

A young widow moves back home with her mother. She and her mother find a friend of her mothers dead in the cemetery while visiting the grave of her father. The plot is very interesting and really piques your interest.
Sharon Brewer
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good cozy mystery!

You will enjoy this book if you like quick, cozy mysteries. This is the story of a mother and daughter who try to find out who killed their friend, Ben. There is a little suspense along the way, as well as some healing for the daughter.
Steve
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-listen
It was interesting to go back to the first book in the series to get the full background on this fascinating mother and daughter team of sleuths. Since we started with books two and three in the series and a different narrator, we had a bit of a hard time with the narration done in this version that didn't seem to fit the book or characters quite as well as the other narrator did. She was also very hard to hear when she attempted to do low register men's voices.
The story itself was excellent
Lisa Harris
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these kind of stories with women sleuths and the fact that it takes place in m home state of Oklahoma makes it even better. I enjoyed the telling of this story very much. Darcy and her mother Flora are 2 strong and amazing women. It broke my heart to learn Ben’s story and learn the fate of both he and his daughter being killed over greed. Not surprising there. I like the way this story ended and thought it was very respectful to Ben. I was given this copy in exchange for a voluntarily ...more
Anne
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book , it had lots of interesting stuff going on-Cherokee legends, family ties mystery and murder it had it all. This was the first book from this author I have read but it won't be the last.
Kelley Hazen
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
What a delightful team is Darcy and Flora - mother and daughter solve a very intricate and compelling mystery of ancient coins and buried treasure. I want to know more from this team. I look forward to narrating the whole series.
Allison Kohn
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read

This mystery is well written and easy to read. The history and legend add interest and the suspense will keep you on the edge of your seat as you read. I recommend it to all mystery lovers.
Sandy
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Here is my review.

I liked this book alot.Darcy and Flora are very likable, they are someone who I'd like to get to know.
The mystery kept me guessing the whole time.
Marcia Trotter
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another 5 star book from Blanche Day Manos. The Cemetery Club was superb. Another book from Blanche, that is full of mystery and adventure from page to page.
Pat Koetter
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True Gold

Great mystery! Kept me on the edge of my seat- couldn't put it down. Great characters and a good story line.
Glenna
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book .... so nice to get a book that is entertaining, no bad language, and not afraid to show faith in God. Very good mystery .... kept me guessing!
M. White
Not enough character development, too little information on the Native American legends/traditions involved, and way too many Bible verse and prayer quotes for my taste.
Linda Cole
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Ramble some but a very enjoyable book. The setting I liked because I am a Oklahoman too. Mystery was just right
Amanda
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short book, loved the Bible verses.
Sarah Wade
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was really cute. I loved the characters and the storyline. I'll be excited to read the next in the series
Kary
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun read did not realize it was a Christain fiction book
Janine Harms
Aug 27, 2018
Linda
May 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Vanilla Bean Killer (Cupcakes in Paradise #1)
  • A Little Taste of Murder (A Brightwater Bay Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • A Pinch of Murder (A Frosted Love Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Castle on the Hill (Scarlet Cove, #2)
  • Summer Snoops and Cozy Crimes: 12 Mysteries for the Dog Days of Summer
  • Time Out (A Dodie O'Dell Mystery, #2)
  • Stroke of Death (Scarlet Cove, #3)
  • A Murder Moist Foul (A Frosted Love Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Cursive, Foiled Again!: A Hand Lettering Cozy Mini-Mystery
  • Claus For Alarm (A Christmas Magic Cozy Book 1)
  • Murder & Spice and Everything Nice (Ivy Bloom Mysteries, #1)
  • A Deadly Roast (Lake Happenstance Coffeeshop Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • Murder of a Golf Pro (An Agnes Barton Senior Sleuths Mystery Book 19)
  • The Candy Cane Killer: A Christmas Mystery (Alma Easter Mysteries Book 2)
  • Murder in the Aisle (Merry Summerfield Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Croissant, Coffee and Murder (Martha's cafe #1)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sweets Shop Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Baked to Death (Cookies & Chance Mystery, #2)

Darcy & Flora (4 books)
  • Grave Shift (Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Best Left Buried (Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Grave Heritage (Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery #4)