Start by marking “Substitute Bride (Beaufort Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
Substitute Bride (Beaufort Brides, #2)

Substitute Bride

(Beaufort Brides #2)

For more than two years, Rose has been the nanny for James Harwood's daughters. She adores the girls, but she tries to maintain a professional distance with James—no matter how attractive she finds him. However, when his engagement falls apart and he starts to look at her differently, Rose no longer sees him only as her boss. James isn't the kind of man to fall for his nan ...more
Published August 22nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Substitute Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Substitute Bride

Beanimous
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet sweet romance with likable heroine and clueless hero.

Conflicts introduced through classic miscommunication.......yawn!

Not a particularly memorable book, but I like Ms Noelle Adams books for their predictability and sweetness. Because sometimes whips and chains are just too much on my aging sensitive soul.
Debbie Oxier
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Noelle Adams has quickly become a favorite of mine. Her characters are always down to earth and totally likeable, Rose and James being no different this time around. James was a single dad, his wife having died a couple of years ago. Rose was nanny to his two little girls. When the story begins, James is engaged to Genevieve although he's beginning to have second thoughts. She's always out with her friends, doesn't seem to want a relationship with his daughters, both of whom aren't fond of the w ...more
Abbie
This is one of those stories you start reading and you're so engrossed you realize it's been a few hours and you're finished. This is the 2nd book and 2nd sister of the 3 Beaufort sisters. Although I liked the first book, this one was even better. Based on the beginning chapter, I thought it would be a standard outline for the plot. Instead, it took a different (and earlier) path which made it more enjoyable for me by not stretching out the drama. The hero and heroine were very likable as well a ...more
Antonella
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Read a long time ago....
Lynn
Jul 13, 2017 added it
Forgot to mark this as read. It was a while ago so I can't remember it enough to review it, just marking it for my records.
Vijetha
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3 deja-vu Stars!

Why did I feel like I was regency novel? Oh right, there was a nanny ( remember regency governesses!), a strict father (could be a duke) and cute children! (of course they had to be there)
I commend the author for writing a cliche regency plot as a contemporary!
Kame
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rosie is a Nanny. She loves the two young girls in her care. A fun game of dress up reveals she may love their father too!

Rosie always dreamed of working with children and when family obligation required her get a job instead of attend college she found a Nanny job that allowed her to do both. I loved to see her care and concern with the girls. James is a widower who thinks remarrying is the best thing for his girls. I think he allowed too many people to have to much influence on his life and it
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This is another brilliant book from the author.

Rose is a very loving nanny who very much adores the two little girls that she has been looking after for the last two years, and always does more than required in her job. However she has always know that the woman that her employer is to marry is not the right woman for either him or the kids.

James is a man looking for a woman to replace the whole where his dead wife
Lara
Nov 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Rose Beaufort works as nanny to the Harwoods and cannot help but feel attracted to her boss, James. After a scheme which makes her pretend to be his fiancé, they start to fall in love with each other but there's the problem of James' ex that doesn`t take no for an answer, along with Rose's own insecurities in the relationship department.

I quite liked this one by Adams as well, but it is very similar to Hired Bride, the first one in the series. In both of them, the main impediment for the couple
Ava
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodread-2016
I liked this one, I find it very cute, the little girls added some more cuteness in the whole book.
It was a romance novella, not cheesy and went with the theme. Fake/rich (not the billionaire stuff)/kind/scheming.
I enjoyed the introduction of Rose and her living condition and her job as a nanny. And then the situation, the drama in the plot. It was a nice development with a bit of steamy scenes (2 and 2 halves).
Now let wait for the last one, the youngest. I really find her far too young to be
Helen
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great #2 story of the Beaufort Bride series, Think I liked this one better than the first one.
The characters of Rosie and James are great and the girls Jill and Julie were lovely,
Grandmother is still co-ordinating her granddaughters lives with great success. If you enjoyed book 1 Then you must read this book. Looking forward to reading Kelly's story.
Late To Romance
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my favourite of the series. I think I’m a bit of a sucker for the hired nanny falling for the widowed father plot.
After reading several Noelle Adams books consecutively, I realise she’s not going to win awards for the diversity of her plots. However her modern marriage of convenience stories work for me
Tia
May 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Yet again, another simple story and I'm kind of frustrated. The books I've read previously by Noelle had a lot more emotion and we got to see the romance between the couple... this one didn't have that.
Kanoko
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Wasn't a fan of the premise, tbh. Nicely written but there wasn't a lot for me here.
Maree Repa
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terrible Dreams

Five Amazing Stars

I was absolutely excited to now enjoy the second amazing book from the, Beaufort Brides series. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, and now I'm am just so keen to read this one too!!

Rose Beaufort was now just so tired. Working as a Nanny was definitely hard work. She had been kept up a lot lately. The young girl named Jill, who she was caring for hadn't been sleeping well. She worked for the father, James Harwood.

Rose would always worry about Jill. She was so yo
Tarra Nan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

I really enjoyed the book and will be getting the next book in the series right away. Can’t wait to read!
Nancy
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a cute short read but a bit predictable. But a fun read none the less.
Laura Mcdonough
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fell in love with the series.
cheryl clement
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Noelle's stories!

I am a huge fan of Noelle Adams! Her stories are wonderful. The Beaufort Brides series had been great! Going to start book 3 later.
Well done Noelle!
Sue Frankel
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Caitlin
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25 stars for me

This was another quick and easy read. I read the first book in the series the day before and felt like I just had to read this... Over all this book was a nice guilty pleasure kinda read. I like the main character Rose and the premise, nanny-to-lover, wasn't all that bad but I definitely enjoyed the first novel more (probably just for premise reasons more then anything else).

Like I said in my review of the first book I don't read romance and this series was just "getting my to
Katherine 黄爱芬
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lucia
Widowed father and nanny romance with two adorable little girls and a HEA!

Substitute Bride takes on the theme of a nanny and a widowed father, with elements of a fake romance thrown in, that soon turns into a very real romance that neither one could have foreseen until events force their hands. This relatively short romance between two very likeable and sweet characters, who you can’t help but hope will get a HEA, is guaranteed to leave you feeling happy, despite all the drama that takes place,
Melissa
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
James is a widower who lost his wife two years ago and now feels compelled to find a substitute wife and mother to his daughters. He doesn’t necessarily need to love her but does feel and need of compatibility with the most important aspect being to being a Mother to his girls, Jill and Julie. He believed he found that in Genevieve, a friend of his late wife’s and his in-laws.
Rose is a nanny to Jill and Julie and she absolutely adores them and secretly she is also very fond of James. Rose is aw
Fiona
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
ReadMeAStory
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know what I liked about this book? It didn't trash the dead wife. I can see where that would be the easiest way to write a romance story, where the widower either knows or comes to realize that the wife that passed away wasn't as great as everyone remembers her to be. Sure, that scenario happens in real life, but it also happens that she's wonderful and he has to go on and he finds someone else to love differently -- how often do you see THAT plotline?

I was glad to see it here! Melissa was a
MaryRhonda
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fairy tale romance

This story had so much of a fairy tale vibe. The nanny who is in love with her boss, the boss who is engaged to the wicked witch, and his two precious daughters. Some how it all works. The road to happily ever after is not completely smooth. Finally, the boss realizes he has feelings for the nanny and sees the fiancé as the wicked witch she truly is. James and Rose along with his daughters get that HEA fairy tale ending. Now to find out what happens to the last Beaufort sister
LJT
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am a big Noelle Adams fan, so whenever she has a new book available, I add it to my TBR list. Her stories always keep me happy, entertained and interested. Substitute Bride is a welcome addition to her Beaufort Brides series and I enjoyed it very much. I love stories about weddings and Ms. Adams always tackles the subject with lots of creativity.

A kind and loving nanny can most certainly help a family that lacks maternal support. In this story, Rose Beaufort is the nanny to two very cute littl
Lauren Mayet
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow....that was a whirlwind romance. I am not absolutely consumed by this book series. It is bittersweet that there is only one more. James and Rose were no different than Roses' sister, Deanna and love interest, Mitchell. When they say not to judge a book by its cover, I say don't judge this book by its title. I am again highly impressed with Noelle Adams again.

I love how James' and Rose's story starts out as something innocent but changes into something beautiful. I love the continued charact
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

Another sweetie of a story from Noelle Adams! In this continuation of the Beaufort Brides series, the story centers on Rose. She's a nanny for two adorable girls, Jill and Julie, who are the daughters of James. After his fiancee proves herself to be less than likable, the engagement is off. He and Rose talk, and he finds himself seeing Rose in a new light. Given the circumstances, he can't give in to that temptation no
  • On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)
  • Boots and Backpacks: Pride & Prejudice on the Appalachian Trail, Roughly
  • Winning the Boss's Heart
  • How Forever Feels (Friends First, #4)
  • Echoes of Pemberley
  • Villa Fortuna - A Romantic Comedy
  • Pirates and Prejudice
  • Pride's Prejudice
  • Emma, Mr. Knightley, and Chili-Slaw Dogs (Jane Austen Takes the South, #2)
  • A Last Chance Christmas
  • Undeceived: Pride & Prejudice in the Spy Game
  • Sweet the Sin (Revenge Saga, #1)
  • Heartstrings and Diamond Rings (Playboys, #4)
  • The Journey
  • Sharpshooter (Shadow Agents, #3)
  • Exposing Alix
  • The House that BJ Built
  • The Muse: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many yea

Beaufort Brides (3 books)
  • Hired Bride (Beaufort Brides, #1)
  • Accidental Bride (Beaufort Brides, #3)