Start by marking “Substitute Bride (Beaufort Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
Substitute Bride (Beaufort Brides, #2)

Substitute Bride

(Beaufort Brides #2)

For more than two years, Rose has been the nanny for James Harwood's daughters. She adores the girls, but she tries to maintain a professional distance with James—no matter how attractive she finds him. However, when his engagement falls apart and he starts to look at her differently, Rose no longer sees him only as her boss. James isn't the kind of man to fall for his nan ...more
Published August 22nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Substitute Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Substitute Bride

Start your review of Substitute Bride (Beaufort Brides, #2)
Beanimous
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet sweet romance with likable heroine and clueless hero.

Conflicts introduced through classic miscommunication.......yawn!

Not a particularly memorable book, but I like Ms Noelle Adams books for their predictability and sweetness. Because sometimes whips and chains are just too much on my aging sensitive soul.
Mara
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned
3.5 stars -- perfectly cute romance between a single dad and the kids' nanny, complete with the trademark Noelle Adams charm.
Debbie Oxier
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Noelle Adams has quickly become a favorite of mine. Her characters are always down to earth and totally likeable, Rose and James being no different this time around. James was a single dad, his wife having died a couple of years ago. Rose was nanny to his two little girls. When the story begins, James is engaged to Genevieve although he's beginning to have second thoughts. She's always out with her friends, doesn't seem to want a relationship with his daughters, both of whom aren't fond of the w ...more
Angie
This is one of those stories you start reading and you're so engrossed you realize it's been a few hours and you're finished. This is the 2nd book and 2nd sister of the 3 Beaufort sisters. Although I liked the first book, this one was even better. Based on the beginning chapter, I thought it would be a standard outline for the plot. Instead, it took a different (and earlier) path which made it more enjoyable for me by not stretching out the drama. The hero and heroine were very likable as well a ...more
Lynn
Jul 13, 2017 added it
Forgot to mark this as read. It was a while ago so I can't remember it enough to review it, just marking it for my records.
Antonella
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Read a long time ago....
Don ツ
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bacaan-bi, 2019
At first I was only going to scan thru the negotiated marriage, one of my favorites from this author. Then I got hooked to this series, ended up I read 5 of her books.
Jane
SubstItute Bride ~ Beaufort Brides ~ Book 2

Rose Beaufort works for James as a nanny for his two young daughters after the death of his two years ago. James thinks he wants a 'SubstItute Bride ' but figures out what he and his girls need is Rosie to become a permanent part of their family. Moving from nanny to wife was full of misunderstandings, lots of humor and a great romance.
Kame
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rosie is a Nanny. She loves the two young girls in her care. A fun game of dress up reveals she may love their father too!

Rosie always dreamed of working with children and when family obligation required her get a job instead of attend college she found a Nanny job that allowed her to do both. I loved to see her care and concern with the girls. James is a widower who thinks remarrying is the best thing for his girls. I think he allowed too many people to have to much influence on his life and it
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This is another brilliant book from the author.

Rose is a very loving nanny who very much adores the two little girls that she has been looking after for the last two years, and always does more than required in her job. However she has always know that the woman that her employer is to marry is not the right woman for either him or the kids.

James is a man looking for a woman to replace the whole where his dead wife
Lara
Nov 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Rose Beaufort works as nanny to the Harwoods and cannot help but feel attracted to her boss, James. After a scheme which makes her pretend to be his fiancé, they start to fall in love with each other but there's the problem of James' ex that doesn`t take no for an answer, along with Rose's own insecurities in the relationship department.

I quite liked this one by Adams as well, but it is very similar to Hired Bride, the first one in the series. In both of them, the main impediment for the couple
Ava
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodread-2016
I liked this one, I find it very cute, the little girls added some more cuteness in the whole book.
It was a romance novella, not cheesy and went with the theme. Fake/rich (not the billionaire stuff)/kind/scheming.
I enjoyed the introduction of Rose and her living condition and her job as a nanny. And then the situation, the drama in the plot. It was a nice development with a bit of steamy scenes (2 and 2 halves).
Now let wait for the last one, the youngest. I really find her far too young to be
Helen
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great #2 story of the Beaufort Bride series, Think I liked this one better than the first one.
The characters of Rosie and James are great and the girls Jill and Julie were lovely,
Grandmother is still co-ordinating her granddaughters lives with great success. If you enjoyed book 1 Then you must read this book. Looking forward to reading Kelly's story.
Late To Romance
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my favourite of the series. I think I’m a bit of a sucker for the hired nanny falling for the widowed father plot.
After reading several Noelle Adams books consecutively, I realise she’s not going to win awards for the diversity of her plots. However her modern marriage of convenience stories work for me
Roxy the Fury
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought
Cute book

I enjoyed reading this book. It was short and sweet. The characters were like able and refreshing. Not too much drama. Just enough to keep the story going. I would recommend.
Tia
May 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Yet again, another simple story and I'm kind of frustrated. The books I've read previously by Noelle had a lot more emotion and we got to see the romance between the couple... this one didn't have that.
Kanoko
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Wasn't a fan of the premise, tbh. Nicely written but there wasn't a lot for me here.
Maree Repa
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terrible Dreams

Five Amazing Stars

I was absolutely excited to now enjoy the second amazing book from the, Beaufort Brides series. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, and now I'm am just so keen to read this one too!!

Rose Beaufort was now just so tired. Working as a Nanny was definitely hard work. She had been kept up a lot lately. The young girl named Jill, who she was caring for hadn't been sleeping well. She worked for the father, James Harwood.

Rose would always worry about Jill. She was so yo
Deanna
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fake engagement

When a broken engagement doesn’t go to plan for James, Rose and her family come up with a plan. A fake engagement to stop all the rumours. After the dust has settled they can call things off and go back to normal. Yeah right, Rose is the nanny to his 2 adorable daughters who she loves more than anything. But when lines get crossed and beds shared how can things ever be the same again,

Will she let her insecurities get in the way of her happy ending? Will James finally see Rose for
Lynda Wexelbaum
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beaufort Lady wins again

Charming HEA story featuring another strong Southern gal. Can a nanny of two adoring girls claim the heart of their father? Of course we must have an evil, almost-to-be stepmother thrown in for intrigue. Now on to sister number three...
Patricia M Lewis
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!

I'm almost always generous with my reviews but if I enjoyed the story why not. I loved the family aspect and laughed at the Cruella type character. I really enjoyed this book.
Laura Mcdonough
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fell in love with the series.
Tarra Nan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

I really enjoyed the book and will be getting the next book in the series right away. Can’t wait to read!
Nancy
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a cute short read but a bit predictable. But a fun read none the less.
cheryl clement
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Noelle's stories!

I am a huge fan of Noelle Adams! Her stories are wonderful. The Beaufort Brides series had been great! Going to start book 3 later.
Well done Noelle!
Roberta
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Entertaining and not too long
Ginny Rodenberg
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon
I enjoyed James and Rose's story. Rose was terrific to put up with James cluelessness.
Mary Knopp
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely read

Well written story about a nanny to man with two little girls. Plot was predictable but so well done I didn't mind.
Iris
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1 1/2 stars.
Caitlin
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25 stars for me

This was another quick and easy read. I read the first book in the series the day before and felt like I just had to read this... Over all this book was a nice guilty pleasure kinda read. I like the main character Rose and the premise, nanny-to-lover, wasn't all that bad but I definitely enjoyed the first novel more (probably just for premise reasons more then anything else).

Like I said in my review of the first book I don't read romance and this series was just "getting my to
« previous 1 3 next »

• Test Drive (RoadTripping, #3)
  • Summer of Change (The Springs, #1)
  • Hate 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #2)
  • In Search of Love (Convenient Arrangements, #2)
  • Billionaire's Island Bride (The Bad Boy Billionaires, #3)
  • The Decoy Bride (The Bouquet Catchers, #4)
  • The Substitute Bride 3: Suspicion (The Substitute Bride Series)
  • Don't Date Your Brother's Best Friend (Strong Family Romances #1)
  • The Jilted Bride's Secret Baby (Babies and Billions #2)
  • The Marriage Ultimatum (City of Dreams, #1)
  • The Fake Girlfriend's Billionaire Match (A Caprock Canyon Romance, #4)
  • The Housekeeper's Billionaire Boss (Caprock Canyon Romance #3)
  • Wrong Turn (RoadTripping, #2)
  • The Prince & His Cinderella (The Cinderella Escape, Book 1)
  • Montana Cowboy (Big Sky Mavericks, #2)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Fighting Irish (The Summerhaven Trio, #1)
  • The Promposal (The Ugly Stepsister, #2)
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many yea

Beaufort Brides (3 books)
  • Hired Bride (Beaufort Brides #1)
  • Accidental Bride (Beaufort Brides, #3)