Start by marking “True Deceptions (True Lies, #2)” as Want to Read:
True Deceptions (True Lies, #2)

True Deceptions

(True Lies #2)

Temptation. Seduction. Murder. It's all part of the game...

After his partner was murdered, Simon Dunn was done with MI6. But the cold, violent world of British intelligence never lets anyone go free. Now Simon has been blackmailed into a new job...with a beautiful new partner who's going to get them both killed.

Robotics expert Cassie Watson is a newbie field agent with as
Published October 19th 2015 by Entangled: Select Suspense

To ask other readers questions about True Deceptions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Deceptions

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
True Deceptions is by Veronica Forand. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley, Entangled Publishing, and by Veronica Forand.

Cassie Watson is a desk jockey for a British Intelligence Organization called M16. Her specialty is computer work and robotics. She can program drones to do things no one ever imagined. Or she can hack into just about anywhere. But that’s all she’s really good at. She did terrible at the physical aspect of her training. She do
Kate Forest
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book has hot romance and coldhearted killers. I sometimes find romantic suspense to be light on the suspense side, but this one has the makings of a thriller movie.

The heroine, Cassie , is a computer genius who is completely out of her element in the world of espionage. And Simon, the hero, doesn’t want her or trust her. But she proves herself (I won’t give away spoilers, but she comes into her own and proves herself to be as kick ass as any spy). Simon’s arm is twisted into taking this da
Angel
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I Received an ARC copy from the author via NetGalley for an honest review.
Review to come later
Jodi Linton
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hot spies, twists, and a thrilling romance!

From the first chapter to the final scene this book kept me intrigued. I loved the opening when the reader is introduced to the hero. Perfection. It set the tone for the entire novel. I highly recommend this book to fans of thrillers who love a dash of romance sprinkled in with their action-packed adventure.

**I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review**
Ann Theresa
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a thriller!!! Simon emerges from Untrue Colors as an amazing hero who travels internationally with a new sidekick , a nerdy, beautiful , computer expert to exact revenge for the murder of former partner. It was amazing to just find myself in countries and places you only read about in newspapers yet you feel an intimacy with the surroundings and the characters.. Feels like danger is around every corner.
This is very fast paced with the involvement of families, romance, intrigue, internat
Fizza
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This novel is full of suspense, thrill and romance. Story is on the dark side, cold hearted killers, spooks and a dead body are involved so this is not for readers who are faint of heart.

I really liked this book. Simon is a fascinating character and I simply loved Cassie. Clearly she was in the wrong profession but she was willing to do anything to prove her worth. Falling for Simon was not the plan but it happened. Surrounded by danger, they navigate their way through their mission which was of
Betty Bolte
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book, and man I'm glad I did! I love the uniquely drawn characters that leap off the page almost as much as the twists and turns the story takes. If you love suspense and intrigue with a bit of hot sex thrown in, you'll love this story!
Margaret
4.5 Stars

I have been waiting for Simon’s story since reading Untrue Colors and let me say this story was worth the wait! Once again Veronica Forand delivers a romantic suspense is full of twists, turns, betrayals, unlikely friendships, and of course romance, that also has a bit of a dark edge to it.

I just love Simon. He is the ultimate alpha, bordering on being an “alpha-hole” at times, but knowing the job he has and the company he keeps, including those who are supposed to be on his side, it’s
Julie
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
True Deceptions by Veronica Forand is a 2015 Entangled Suspense publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MI6, British Intelligence, spies, robotics, drones, globe trotting- the works! This story had the bare bones outline to be very intriguing, and the set up started out promising, but there was something flat about it, some pieces missing, that left me feeling a little baffled, and the whole thing just kind of dissolved int
Melanie
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMGoodness! Well, where do I even begin with this book?? There is so much awesome on it, I don't even know where to begin. This was a first read for my by Veronica Forand and I an hooked!!! I love all the suspense and action along with the romance that she intertwined together to make this one heck of a good read!!

Cassie does desk and computer work for a British Intelligence Organization called M16. When she was going through all her training for the job, Cassie did not do so well on the physica
Inishowen Cailín
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
True Deceptions is the sequel to Untrue Colors' Alex and Henry from 'Untrue Colors' make a welcome appearance in 'True Deceptions' and we get an update on their relationship.

True Deceptions is Simon's story. An MI6 agent who suddenly finds himself on a mission with a beautiful but inept partner. Cassie is an expert in robotics and her expertise is needed for this mission, however, she has no survival skills. This infuriates Simon. His former partner was exceptionally skilled but killed during hi
Angela Simmons
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m a huge fan of the show MI5/Spooks, so when I read the blurb for True Deceptions, I knew I had to read this book. And I have to say that I was not disappointed. True Deceptions is definitely going on my Top Ten Favorite Books of 2015 list. I could not put this book down and I did not want it to end.

Here’s what’s going on. Simon’s an MI6 agent who, after the death of his partner, decided to pull himself from the game and hideout in Bermuda until the woman he intended to shag dies of cyanide p
Veronica Forand
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love kick ass heroines. The ones who take control of a situation and never let anyone get the best of them. This year’s best examples? The women who graduated from the Army Ranger school. Real life warriors who energized a whole generation of women about what females can and cannot achieve in life and earned the respect of the men they work beside.

Many women show their strength and determination in their commitment to family, a stable job, and roots with the local community. They have no desi
1-Click Addict Support Group
Funny and deadly… a lethal combination!

This is the second in the series, and could be a stand-alone but you don’t want to miss one page of the epic-ness that is this series. That includes everything Simon. So stop, go read the first book. You will thank me.

And when you come back to this one, you will be glad you did. Simon is a complex character with many facets to his personality. We learned a lot about him already but he is not finished revealing the many different sides he hides from the worl
Linda Quick
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book - it's a very fast paced romantic suspense that drew me right in and kept me hooked until the very last page. Cassie is a robotics expert without any field experience when she is forced to partner with Simon, a spy extraordinaire. Simon doesn't want a partner and definitely doesn't want an inexperienced partner. Somehow, they get past that and embark on their mission. While dodging numerous obstacles, they also face their intense attraction to each other.

This is a phenomenal bo
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
I received an eARC of the book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Who doesn’t love themselves a hardened spy who softens with the love of a good strong woman who doesn’t take his crap?
This book started off high – like really high – I absolutely loved Simon and Cassie’s interactions – because Simon is a Class A Douchebag and Cassie is the sweet sweet desk jockey who is now going to be used as a pawn in a game that not even we know is being played.

You know why I liked Simon despite
Anita
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-supense
Espionage, intrigue and the world of spies and national security. After the death of his partner, a woman he cared deeply for, Simon wanted nothing more than to leave this world behind, but that world won't let go. At least not without leaving a trail of collateral damage in his wake.

MI6 has found him and is not about to let him go. They have assigned him a new partner and Cassie is a scary smart, beautiful, blond, but she just isn't field agent material and Simon is concerned that she could get
Ash P Reads
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Simon Dunn is an undercover arms dealer, an old hand at the espionage game and he is looking to get out. One last assignment throws him together with rookie field agent Cassie Watson, a robotics expert who has spend her entire career in front of a computer screen. The assignment is a dangerous one, involving the infiltration of an enemy camp and Cassie has zero knowledge of the dangers she faces in the field and from Simon. Which puts Simon in a very difficult position.

Determined to close up sh
Rhenna Morgan
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't you just love it when a series just gets better with every book? I loved the first in the True series, but damn, this one even better! Cassie's character was great, but Simon was just awesome, awesome, awesome. Maybe I'm nuts, but I love borderline bossy alpha heroes. (Okay, so maybe he's a little past borderline, but I still loved him.) The story was beautifully crafted with exceptional details and the romance was fantastic. Seriously, if you're into romantic suspense and appreciate a har ...more
RoloPoloBookBlog
True Deceptions by Veronica Forand
Source: Author
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Review:

Simon Dunn is done . . . no more arms dealing for the government, no more partners, and no more relationships. Oh, there will be sex a plenty but no more relationships and certainly no getting close enough to anyone to actually care for them. In order to avoid such entanglements, Simon has gone off the reservation and has no intention of ever coming back.

Cassie Watson never, not ever saw herself as a “real” field agen
Malissa
***DNF (sigh)***

Sigh, this is a hard one for me. I always hesitate to come on to the blog and write reviews that are for me below 2 stars because you never want to hurt anyone and I am hopeful that even thought this was a DNF for me, I won't end up hurting feelings or keeping anyone from picking up the book to give it a try. It simply was not a book for me...here is why.

The main characters, Simon and Cassie. I could not bring myself to like them. Simon is simply a jerk. He didn't come across as
Jo-Ann Carson
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Veronica Forand’s action-packed, Romantic Suspense thriller, True Deceptions is a phenomenal read. I can’t think of a better word to describe it. I couldn’t put it down.
The opening chapter is brilliantly written, rivalling the openings of James Bond movies. Filled with emotional drama, well developed characters and conflict it leaps off the page. I won’t give any spoilers, but I will say she had me within a few pages.
British, alpa-male hero, Simon Dunn, a somewhat reluctant MI6 operative, has cl
Mignon Mykel
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 / 5 stars

Right away, the reader learns just how far MI6 will go to get one of their ops back in the field... And they don't care who gets hurt in the process.

Simon lost his last partner to death. They posed as a couple for the previous five years and if there was one thing Simon wanted, it was for Nicola to truly be his. But Nicola was ever the op, and was extremely good about keeping her business and personal lives separate.

Now S
Dísir
Well-plotted, crafted with sophistication and intricacy, story-wise at least.

Tortured by memories of his unrequited want for his (now-dead) partner, Simon Dunn has decided he’s done with the covert world of espionage, arms-dealing and undercover roles. Until he suddenly finds himself blackmailed into going back for yet another mission with a painfully naive new partner who’s geeky and a blond bombshell who’s only of use in the robotics field and nothing more. As always, there’s the instant-lust
BookSnuggle
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
Shelves: romance
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley/Entangled Publishing/Entangled Selected Suspense for an honest review. "True Deceptions" by Veronica Forand is the continuation of "Untrue Colors" a mystery, thriller, and romance. This is Simon Dunn and Cassie Watson's story.

Simon works for the British Intelligence and his partner has just been murdered. Cassie is a robotics expert and has been selected to be Simon's new partner. As Simon's new partner her cover is to be his girlfriend. Cassis is i
Monique
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Simon Dunn had been hiding for 8 months from MI6, but they found him. A woman is dead and he’s given the choice of completing another mission or facing murder charges. To make matters worse, he’s saddled with a new partner who has no field experience: Cassie Watson. Cassie has superlative computer skills, is a triathlete, and doesn’t believe in violence; she’s all wrong for the job, and she doesn’t want to be there. Simon’s former partner, Nicola, whom he secretly loved but never reciprocated, w ...more
Jasmine
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out my book blog at www.notapickyreader.blogspot.com

A romantic romp through international politics and (domestic...ish?) relationships. The chemistry between Cassie and Simon is great (once Simon lightens up a little bit) and I thought the cast of characters were colorful and developed. Simon and Cassie are complete opposites and it's fun to watch them interact with each other, as well as Simon's crew of experienced agents/coworkers. Personally, I thought the action part of the plot was ov
Ronald Joseph Ahern
Sweeps you into world of espionage and romance

Well researched story of M16 British agent thrown back into action with a neophyte partner and an assignment that sweeps the globe from London to Paris to North Korea.
Simon's character is tough and hard as he seeks the revenge of the death of his former partner. He , at first, has no patience for Cassie, a computer nerd, not ready for this cold , calculated world. As the story quickly evolves they become more than partners as they work together in th
Vero Stro
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this Arc by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book.

From the very first page it has a lot of action! Very fast paced romantic suspense. I couldn't put it down!

Cassie works a a robotics expert but she has never been on the field. They put her to work with simon, the most amazing spy. He doesn't want to work with her but he deosn't have an option.

Of course the book is full of challenges and a great chemistry between the characters. Some parts are h
Anita DeVito
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If fast-paced, hard hitting spy thrillers are your thing, look no farther than Veronica Forand. The complex and dangerous world of weapons supply kept me turning the pages and staying up later than was smart too.
Opening! 1 1 Oct 21, 2015 08:04PM

• Seeing Black (Seeing Red, #2)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Collared (Going to the Dogs #4)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • On Best Behavior (Conduct #3)
  • Whit's End (Willow Springs Ranch #6)
  • A Scandalous Secret (Scandalous #2.5)
  • Deadly Dram  (Whisky Business Mystery #3)
  • Seduce (Succubus Kiss, #1)
  • The Confetti Killer
  • Hanging Chad (Willow Springs Ranch #4)
  • Matchless (Black Brothers Trilogy, #2)
  • Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder (Under The Moonlight #1)
  • Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3)
  • A Lady By Chance (House of Haverstock, #1)
Veronica Forand is an attorney and an award-winning writer of romantic suspense.

She’s lived in Boston, London, Paris, Geneva, and Washington, DC and currently resides near Philadelphia. An avid traveler, she loves to roam across continents with her husband and kids in pursuit of skiing, scuba diving, and finding the perfect piece of chocolate.

She is a member of the Romance Writers of America, the

True Lies (3 books)
  • Untrue Colors (True Lies, #1)
  • True Peril (True Lies, #3)