Start by marking “What We Find (Sullivan's Crossing, #1)” as Want to Read:
What We Find (Sullivan's Crossing, #1)

What We Find

(Sullivan's Crossing #1)

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Virgin River and Thunder Point series explores the healing powers of rural Colorado in a story of one woman's journey to finding the happiness she's long been missing.

Under extreme pressure, neurosurgeon Maggie Sullivan knows she needs to slow down before she burns out completely, and the best place she can do that is Sulliv
Published April 5th 2016 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about What We Find, please sign up.
Julie Humphrey It is not at all related to the other series. Very good book.

Book of Secrets
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
WHAT WE FIND is the beginning of another heart-warming small town saga from Robyn Carr. She's my "most read" author, so yep, I enjoy her books very much.

This series is set in Colorado, at a place called Sullivan's Crossing, located near the intersection of the Continental Divide trail & Colorado trail. How gorgeous would that place be? *sigh* Yet another Robyn Carr location I want to live in...

At Sullivan's Crossing, there's a campground and general store, and it's all run by Sully, a canta
Jonetta

Maggie Sullivan returns to her father's place at Sullivan's Crossing to recharge after an extremely stressful period. She's a neurosurgeon who's being sued, her practice is being dissolved and her boyfriend just walked away. What starts as a plan to spend a few days seeking respite turns into a much longer search for grounding and what's really important.

I liked this story that seems to meander without purpose until it finds one. Maggie is an interesting character who, despite all her issues, n
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Robyn Carr is famous for her two series, Virgin River and Thunder Point. With Thunder Point nearing its end, I was so very excited to see that she’s starting a new series, with yet another small town community at its center. It was clear from the start that Sullivan’s Crossing has a whole lot of potential, with so many interesting characters already prepared to take the spotlight.

What We Find, however, wasn’t quite up to Robyn Carr’s standards. Centered around Maggie and Cal, What We Find shows
Brandie
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-2016
A Robyn Carr book is like comfort food to me. She has the ability to sweep me away to a quaint town or country setting to get lost in the charming lives of it's residents. I first fell in love with Carr's writing when I read Virgin River, and wanted nothing more than to live in a place just like it. This book was just as lovely and adorable as I've come to expect from the author. I spent most of my time reading the book with a big smile on my face, even laughing out loud at some of the humorous ...more
Obsidian
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There was no real angst or anything else really moving this story. It's about two pretty bland people finding each other, enjoying having sex with each other, and getting married. The end. Seriously.

I loved Carr's Virgin River series, so I tend to pop up and read her standalones now and again hoping that I can capture some of the magic from that series in her other works. But this book was not that interesting.

Maggie Sullivan is a neurosurgeon who suffers a breakdown after being dumped by her l
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Man, I'm having a hard time starting this review. Some of that is past experience with Carr's other work. This story is much closer to a traditional romance than those others have been because there's a single central couple and we stay exclusively in the PoV of the main characters. So this was a much closer match to my reading preferences and much more firmly a romance story.

Carr still feels uncomfortable with that focus, however, as a lot of community and extra drama bits are thrown in often e
☕️Kimberly
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
We begin the story in Denver where we meet Maggie Sullivan a thirty-seven year old neurosurgeon who has had a rough year. She is emotionally drained and financially strained. When her Doctor and co-worker tell her to take a leave, she packs up her bags and heads to her father’s place in Sullivan’s Crossing.

Sullivan’ Crossing hosts a general store and campground set along the Continental Divide trails in Colorado. It is owned by Maggie’s father Sully. Right away, I loved the setting for What We F
Wendy
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apr-16
Robyn Carr's one of my all-time favourite authors and her Virgin River series I could read over and over again.
Small-town romance is the author's specialty and in "What We Find", the 1st book in her Sullivan's Crossing series, she takes us to rural Colorado.
Filled with beautiful picturesque scenery, and a flawed yet believable and captivating cast of characters, this is a story of new beginnings.
I loved Maggie and Cal! Their story is very emotional and beautifully written.
I look forward to the c
Auntee
Okay, so it's not Virgin River or even Thunder Point, but it was still a pretty good read. I thought maybe the author's style was just a bit too wordy, and that she skimped just a wee bit on the romance... but I was in dire need of a well written story that I could lose myself in, and this filled the bill. I loved neurosurgeon Maggie--a very strong/admirable character and loved the hero Cal, who had quite the backstory. I enjoyed all the supporting characters and plots, and I can see similaritie ...more
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of What We Find from Harlequin MIRA via Netgalley in exchange of an honest and unbiased review*

What We Find is a beautifully written tender and slightly nostalgic story about finding love, finding oneself, and moving forward after dealing with loss.

Susan
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book about two people who are looking for answers after their lives undergo massive shake-ups. Maggie is a neurosurgeon in a busy Denver hospital. She has a boyfriend who is just as busy as she is. When her co-workers in her practice are accused of fraud, then she is sued by the parents of a patient she lost, her stress goes through the roof. Add in an unexpected pregnancy that ends in a miscarriage, a boyfriend who is a total jerk about it, and her emotions are all over the place. She fina ...more
Bambi Unbridled
I have been experiencing burn out with contemporary romance this year. I think my biggest problem was the prevalence of new adult heroines... immature girls with lots of drama that made me feel old. So I thought I would try some new authors, those who write more mature female leads who are ensconced in their professional lives. I figured I would have more in common with these types of heroines.

Unfortunately, this book didn't do it for me. It started out okay. Maggie is a successful neurosurgeon
Bookread2day
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What We Find by Robyn Carr is my first that I have read. I enjoyed this book so much that I'm now following Robyn on Goodreads and have applied for her newsletter via her amazing website.
The story really starts of so sad I nearly cried for Maggie. I immediately warmed to neurosurgeon Maggie Sullivan, she had too much to deal with , she had just had a miscarriage, her practice had shut down due to legal complications and Andrew, the man in her life wasn't happy about Maggie being pregnant. I wan
Kirsten "Ghost Deserved Better"
I really like Robyn Carr books. They're so honest. They have real people with real problems and finding their way through them. Grown ups finding love at all stages.

This was the first in the series and I really liked it. It was a lot of fun and I loved the characters.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3/5; 3 stars; B

I enjoy all the books I read by this author, some more than others.
I really did enjoy this quiet, character driven story about people dealing with life, loss, careers, family, and the big question of 'who am I' and 'what am I here for'?
Robyn Carr makes special characters I really like and this book is full of them. If you are looking for a wild ride or some real suspense or angst, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a classic Robyn Carr warm sense of community and possibiliti
Tina "IRead2Escape"
3.5 Stars

Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

What We Find is a good start to the Sullivan's Crossing by Robyn Carr. Although, it was a bit slower paced the story and the characters held my attention and definitely have me wanting to read more about the highly entertaining and sometimes quirky inhabitants of this Colorado community. It held a simple and sweet appeal that was a nice distraction from the many drama-filled romances circulating these days.

Maggie Sullivan was a character that I enjoyed a lot! A
Susan
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What We Find

Robyn Carr

I was so excited to find out Robyn Carr had a new series about to begin and Sullivan's Crossing is going to be so much fun to read. Robyn is my favorite author and I devour everything she writes. I've never read a Robyn Carr book I didn't love. WHAT WE FIND is an awesome start to what I'm sure will become a wonderful series.

WHAT WE FIND takes place in Colorado and the way Robyn Carr describes the scenery had me feeling like I was sitting right there in the woods by the cam
Keri
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. I really liked this opening book of Robyn's series. It had a lot of heart and touched on all the things that older adults go through in order to figure out the right path of their lives. Very well done.
Julie
What we Find by Robyn Carr is 2016 MIRA publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book in the Sullivan’s Crossing series by the amazing Robyn Carr. I have been very curious about this new series and I eagerly dived into it.

Maggie is dangerously close to meltdown territory after a series of huge professional dilemmas takes place, and her personal life implodes, as well. Heeding the advice of friends, Maggie
Karen ♐
This is the first book of a new series. Maggie, a neurosurgeon is being sued, her partnership closed because her partners are being investigated, lost a baby and her boyfriend, so she returns to Sullivan's Crossing to spend time with her dad, Sully. Sully has a heart attack after she's been there only a short time and a man named Cal comes to their aid. He seems like a drifter and Maggie doesn't trust him. But that changes pretty quickly. This book has some really great action parts but there we ...more
Sally906
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Officially the first Robyn Carr book I just didn't care for - just lacked the spark of her previous books and I just didn't care about the two main characters at all.

I love the Virgin River and Thunder Point series - and still have books to read in both series - so I think I will give this one a miss and go back and finish the two series that I am still enjoying.
RoseMary Achey
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
If you enjoy reading about contemporary small town life you will enjoy this novel. Two very intelligent and accomplished people find themselves taking a break in Sullivan's Crossing and the rest....well you know what is going to happen.

A bit predicatable, however we don't always need heavy literary fiction do we?
Julianna
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Contemporary Small-Town Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
What We Find is the first book in Robyn Carr’s new Sullivan’s Crossing series. It was an easy, pleasant, low-key read that is fairly typical of Ms. Carr’s writing style, but I think I really expected more from her debut hardcover release and the inaugural book of a brand new series. It was nice, but neither the characters nor the plot really sparked off the pages for me. Reading it wasn’t a chore, but neither was I stoked to get back to it each time I had to put it down.
Tina
I started listening to this because every time I picked up a romance novel to read, it seemed to star these super angsty 20-somethings with impossible horrible tragic back life stories, hence I decided to make a foray into women's fict. I needed to read something with older people with some drama but without all the sturm und drang that 20-somethings in romance novels seem to face these days.

This book fit the bill, but it was also rather unfocused in a way that while it was pleasant to listen to
Julia
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What We Find by Robyn Carr is a delightful contemporary novel about family, life and fresh starts. It is the first book in the Sullivan’s Crossing series.
The characters are wonderfully warm and welcoming, giving the reader the feeling of wanting to dive into the community in the book. It is a community that pulls together – strangers are welcomed as friends and needs are met.
The dialogued exchanged is light hearted and witty with characters bouncing off each other.
There is the theme of loss. “I’
♥Rachel♥
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book, favorites
4.5 Stars

Maggie Sullivan is a successful and driven neurosurgeon, but several crises have come down on her all at once. A fraud scandal in her practice, a wrongful death suit, but the miscarriage of a baby she desperately wanted sends her reeling into grief. Worse is the fact that instead of offering support and understanding, Maggie’s longtime boyfriend is relieved over the miscarriage and feels she should snap out of her depression (jerk!). Realizing that her life isn’t what she wanted sends M
Beth
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ravaged by work situations, not of her own making, Maggie Sullivan retreats to the one place she knows is safe…her father’s camp ground, Sullivan’s Crossing, a base camp for the trails to and from the Continental Divide.

Maggie shows up unannounced but is welcomed with open arms only to have her father quickly suffer a heart ache putting her in charge of getting the camp ready for the hiking season.

Cal is on his own retreat from reality, when Maggie suddenly shows up to the camp he came for his
Darcy
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This author is one of my favorites, I love how she writes these small communities that make you want to live there. This book seemed to have a quietness about it, one where things built slowly where all of a sudden you couldn't turn the page fast enough.

At the start it seemed like Maggie's life was starting to get out of control, she was at the perfect storm where so many things were going wrong in her life and she needed a life line, one she found when she went home to her father and the magic
Pam Nelson
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 What We Find Stars - ❤ Audible Review HERE

Soooo I am a huge Robyn Carr fan and I really enjoyed this book. I can’t say it’s my favorite but I will say it grabbed my attention from the beginning right to the end.

I found Maggie to be interesting but a little lost. And I really liked her dad and step dad. I think I just wanted her to make up her mind already instead of being in this limbo kind of place and that part for me dragged on just a little to long.

I will say Cal really had my drooling
Marleen
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: robyn-carr
Robyn Carr is a master in creating warm atmospheres and wonderful backdrops in order to savor family stories. Here again, in Sullivan’s Crossing, not exactly a town or village, but more of a meeting place, and a camp on the trail in rural Colorado; we lose ourselves in the generosity and the levelheadedness of the neighboring community. Although this is the story of Maggie, Sully’s daughter, it is foremost Sully himself who’s at the heart of the benevolent and kind community. You can’t help but ...more

• A Stardance Summer (Eternity Springs, #13)
  • Ransom Canyon (Ransom Canyon, #1)
  • Riverbend Road (Haven Point, #4)
  • Willow Brook Road (Chesapeake Shores, #13)
  • Best of My Love (Fool's Gold, #20)
  • Love 'N' Marriage
  • That Chesapeake Summer (Chesapeake Diaries, #9)
  • Sea Glass Winter (Shelter Bay #5)
  • Saved By The Belles
  • Right Where We Belong (Silver Springs, #4)
  • Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1)
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The fourth novel, THE BEST OF US, in her fan-favorite Sullivan's Crossing Series was released in Jan. 2019. Robyn's new women's fiction novel THE VIEW FROM ALAMEDA ISLAND will be release in April 2019. Robyn is a recipient of the Roma ...more

Sullivan's Crossing (5 books)
  • Any Day Now (Sullivan's Crossing, #2)
  • The Family Gathering (Sullivan's Crossing, #3)
  • The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing #5)
“People tend to treat a miscarriage like a heavy period but it’s a death. You lost your baby. You have to take time to grieve.” 2 likes
“To find yourself, think for yourself. —Socrates” 1 likes