Start by marking “One Immortal” as Want to Read:
One Immortal

One Immortal

(One to Hold)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  392 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
Melissa is a vampire; Derek is a vampire hunter.

When beautiful, sad Melissa Jones flees to New Orleans with her telepathic best friend, she is looking for a cure--not an erotic encounter with a sexy former Marine.

Derek Alexander left the military intending to become a private investigator, but with two powerful shifters as partners and an immunity to vampire glamour, he in
ebook
Published October 12th 2015 by TLM Productions LLC

To ask other readers questions about One Immortal, please sign up.
Tia Louise Hey! Sorry for the delay! At the moment, ONE IMMORTAL is only available on Amazon. (I'm trying out Kindle Unlimited with this book.)

BUT!!! You can…more

BUT!!! You can get the FREE Kindle app for ANY device here: http://amzn.to/1PhoCPO

AND download OI for only 99 cents during October:

Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review

4 Stars!

description

One Immortal by Tia Louise is a stand-alone romance re-telling the story of Derek and Melissa from the One to Hold series with a paranormal twist. I really had no idea what to expect going into this novel. I just know that I am a huge fan of Tia Louise and really love her writing style. Essentially, reading this one was a no-brainer for me. I am so glad I did. Ms. Louise certainly delivers! What you get is an edgy and sexy vamp tale that had me completely engrossed from start to finish.

M
*****FOUR STARS*****
{BR with Mel}
(ARC Generously Provided by Author In Exchange For An Honest Review)

I never want him out of my sight. I want him to be a part of me always. Mine.

This was one SERIOUSLY HAWT read!!
I have never read a Tia Louise book before but rest assured, once I get through my ARCs I have on schedule, I will be reading more from this series!!

photo 4559824a9156d9de31d3c83d103ac405_zpspqjm1ai9.jpg

Melissa is a beautiful young woman who was recently turned into a hybrid against her will, by an evil vampire. She won't become a full fle
Pam
4 stars
What shall I do, my love? You’re mine, but you don’t know it...As I take my last breath, I’ll dream of your beautiful soul.

Melissa & Derek, a passionate tale of a forbidden love. One night, One wish and one last chance...
He’s my last fling, my final heavenly indulgence before I accept my fate...

One Immortal is described as a paranormal retelling of One to Hold, Book One, Melissa and Derek's story. Now for those who haven't read the original are in for a treat especially if the
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 "You Will Never Lose Me" Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Patty)

photo f64e1d39-0c10-4509-abc9-7f9465b8b694_zpsbourbcr9.jpg

Derek Alexander is a former marine with police training who owns a company called Alexander Knight LLC with his two best friends Stuart & Patrick Knight. For appearances they are private investigators, but on the side they are paranormal detectives specializing in vampires. Vampire hunting is personal to Derek after a vampire took the life of someone he loved. For years Derek & the Knight brothers have been search
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Love for Eternity Stars

Those fans of Tia Louise, better yet, those fans of Derek and Melissa will be thrilled with this new read. I truly admit, I am a huge fan...of her writing, her character, just her overall style. This here is so cool as it is Derek and Melissa...REVAMPED!

Again, with that first glance across the bar leading to the first steamy night, the claiming of one another is just as amazing only now a paranormal element elevates the pleasure tenfold.

Set in the deep, sultry heart of
Michelle
*ARC provided by the author for an honest review*

This was so good I think I 've just fell for Derek again

This story is a retelling of one to hold an I totally luvd that book an I not goin to lie I m not a fan of paranormal but I really really enjoyed this book I could get either of it I nearly read it in one sitting but stupid sleep got in the way haha I was a lil worried that the book was just goin to b a copy of the original but it wasn't Melissa's character was quite different an this is wh
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books
4 Paranormal Stars

One Immortal is kind of like the retelling of One to Hold, but with a paranormal twist. I would say One Immortal is inspired by the One to Hold story. The characters are the same, Derek and Melissa, but it’s truly a new book. I think all authors should do this. I’m a paranormal junkie and if you are a mega fan of any read, what better treat then to get it again, but a little different.

You do not need to read One to Hold prior to reading One Immortal. One Immortal is a standalon
Sybil aka Lala
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A seriously hot read filled with yummy alphas, shifters, ex-marine vampire hunters, witches, voodoo queens and beautiful women!

Set in New Orleans, Melissa and her friend Elaine is on a mission to try and find a cure, here they meet Derek. Melissa and Derek are instantly attracted to each other and what follows is some hot sex and sensory overload. I just loved the way the author wrote these scenes, her descriptions of surroundings, emotions and even the finer details down to feeling beads of sw
Duchess Nicole
A couple of years ago, I feel in love with Derek and Melissa's sexy love story in One to Hold. In fact, it kind of came out of nowhere and became a favorite book of the year for me. So imagine my excitement when Tia Louise...known by her readers for the way her books all intertwine and her romances don't end with a simple HEA but continue past the initial fireworks...revisits my favorite couple.

This was like an alternate universe Derek and Melissa. The two are just as undeniably hot for each oth
Tia Louise
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
★ Get ONE IMMORTAL Today - FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon:http://amzn.to/1Lwu4I2
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1FdpwJS

★ READ Chapter 1 of ONE IMMORTAL Now: http://www.AuthorTiaLouise.com/one-im...
-Let me know what you think!!!!!

★ SEE the Pinterest inspiration board for ONE IMMORTAL: https://www.pinterest.com/AuthorTiaLo...

★ LISTEN to the Spotify playlist for ONE IMMORTAL: http://bit.ly/1MpcWd1

★★★ EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT ★★★
ONE IMMORTAL
By Tia Louise
© TLM Productions LLC, 2015

Derek

Standing, I lift her in my
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Rendered Image

#OneImmortal

Calling all Derek and Melissa fans... Tia Louise wrote a paranormal romance and revamped the retelling of ONE TO HOLD. In all honesty, I love anything that Tia writes. Her stories are always sexy, touching, and dangerously addicting. She has a way of sucking you in and wanting to take a bite of all her alpha male characters.

One Immortal was sinfully bewitching and captivating. There is no other way to describe this book because right off t
Katie
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

description

How do you make a good book even better? Oh, that's easy- add vampires, shifters, witches, and lycans.

Aside from the change in setting and the paranormal aspect, the beginning of the book reads very much like One to Hold. Two strangers meet, have great sex, and deal with the struggles of trying to stay away from each other. As soon as Derek finds out Melissa is a vampire, that's when the book really starts to take off in its own direction.

I LOVED Derek so much more in this book than
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

4.5★

“Oh, how is it possible I’ve met this man now, at the darkest point in my life? Or is it because I’m at this point I found him?”

I’ve actually thought hard before writing my review. I had to have arguments with myself because there are factors that are effing good and there are that made me go what the eff!

I am new to this author and because of that, I don’t have any expectations or any idea how she writes. But like the novel itself, there is a gradual grow of something there. Like the
Karéz
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Note- One Immortal is a standalone. the characters are inspired from the One to Hold story, Derek and Melissa. if you are a huge fan of these lovely characters, trust me, you'll certainly gonna love them more in One Immortal!

So, this story literally caught me off guard within the first page..
If you are familiar with the author's work, you know what i am talking about. I have never read a paranormal book before, so i wasn't sure i will enjoy it to be honest, and surprisingly i did.

Just
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
ARC provided for an honest review

Dianne
In a world where the paranormal thrives in the shadows, Melissa didn’t ask to become a vampire, but the vile creature forced himself on her. With the help of best friend, she heads to New Orleans, the city known for its magic for a cure.

Derek is a vampire hunter, ridding the world of evil one stake at a time. His determination to free the world from evil is personal; a vampire stole his family, his reason for living. Little did he know that a beautiful woman would cross his path and give him a n
Amy
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!!

One Immortal is the perfect read for the month of October. Not only is a great paranormal romance, but it totally put me in the Halloween spirit. Now, I don’t know about you, but retellings usually worry. You wonder if it will be as good as the original? Will it be the exact same story? Well, I have to tell you, Tia Louise totally pulled off this re-telling!

If you’ve already read One to Hold by Tia Louise, then you are already familiar with Derek and Melissa’s story. On
Three Chicks
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review by Natasha Gentile
Melissa is a vampire; Derek is a vampire hunter.

Ok, I'm not going to lie. This book has popped my vampire cherry. Yes I've done Twilight, but this was nothing like that. I was way out of my comfort zone, but in the end I'm so happy I didn't give up.

Melissa Jones goes to New Orleans with her telepathic best friend. Their friendship was the best thing ever. She would always know what Melissa was thinking or where she was until that one fateful night that Melissa lay the
Darlene Avery
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review:

One Immortal by Tia Louise

Tia Louise completely captivates you with the richness of her words and the incredible character development and storyline that transfixes you to her every word.

One Immortal is a heart pounding paranormal romance, that will sweep you off your feet.

Derek Alexander is a hot former Marine, and a paranormal detective, who has come home to New Orleans for answers.

Melissa Jones and her devoted best friend, Elaine, have traveled to New Orleans from North Carolina in
Erin Lewis
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review of One Immortal by Tia Louise

This is a paranormal re telling of Melissa and Derek’s story from the One to Hold series. In this story, Melissa is a reluctant vampire and Derek a vampire hunter. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. Derek and Melissa have always been my favourite couple and in this book Tia Louise manages to surpass their previous books. Something I never thought would happen.

One Immortal, is Tia Louise writing at her best. It is sexy, naughty and amazing. I love
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

5 ++++++++ HOT SEXY PARANORMAL STARS!!!!!

One Immortal is one of my new fav paranormal/erotic romances this year! It's swoonworthy and creepy to boot, which I just so happened to LURVE!

Melissa (originally from One to Hold) has been turned into a vampire when she stumbles into a hotel and meets uber sexy vampire hunter Derek...sexy times begin! They are irresistible to each other and it's deliciously HAWT!

Things aren't all happy-happy though...as Melissa deals with her conversion to a vampire and
Livia
‘He knows what I am. I know what he is. By all accounts, we should be enemies. Only, I don’t want to be his enemy. I want to be his everything.’ Melissa

Minor spoilers alert!

It was superbly well done! I’ve always been a huge vampire mythology fan, so I was over the moon excited when Author Tia Louise announced she’d be writing a paranormal retelling of Derek and Melissa’s series beginning love story in the One to Hold series. I was a little leery when I found out it would also include shifters
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the retelling of One to Hold Series.

Melissa, is has her advertising company she was independent but all that changed one night and she fled. She fled to the Big Easy to clear her head and to run away from him. Elaine is Melissa's childhood best friend. They grew up together. Elaine is an empath she fled with Melissa thinking they can find answers or a cure in New Orleans since it's naturally a magical place.

Derek, a former Marine and a widow has only thing on his mind which is revenge. T
Shayna
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
A captivating and thrilling tale of sizzling paranormal romance! Even though this is a paranormal retelling of ONE TO HOLD, it remains just as fresh and enthralling as if it was standing on its own. The richness of this new world Tia Louise has created makes it a VERY fascinating place. The characters that we have all grown to love are just as feisty and gorgeous as ever. I didn't think it was possible, but the chemistry and passion between Derek and Melissa is HOTTER than ever! This surefire hi ...more
Ashley
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Im not gonna lie when I first heard about this I was a little nervous because I love these character so much and their stories. I haven't read a paranormal book in a really long time. It use to be all that I read so this scared me and excited me at the same time. Wow Tia Louise didn't disappoint me she never does. Melissa is a new vampire who was forced to become what she is. Derek is a vampire hunter who became this because his wife was murder by the creators he now hunts. Derek and Melissa (of ...more
Courtney
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
So I am probably one of the few who has not read One to Hold prior to this. And because I am a huge fan of paranormal, I am actually glad that I didn’t. I had no idea what to expect going into this. And I absolutely loved every bit of this book.

It started off with some hot and heavy scenes and only pulled me into the story from there. Melissa is a hybrid, not a complete vampire yet. Derek is a vampire hunter. And that is all I am saying about that.

They’re lives become intertwined in ways they ne
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's release promotions.

This book is a paranormal retelling of the author's very popular book, One To Hold, which is the first book in the series of the same title. The truth is, whether it was a retelling or a book of its own, One Immortal was definitely a great book to read, one that I enjoyed so much.

The pacing was fast and exciting. The chemistry was on fire. The characters were compelling. As a c
Michele McMullen
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was in love with Derek and Melissa's characters in their first book but to place them in a paranormal romance atmosphere was fabulous! It was a whole new twist on our old friends.
Melissa and Derek have a chance encounter and the undeniable attraction is there. You can feel them sizzle off the page! They soon come to realize that they each have secrets that can destroy each other and tear them apart. Is love enough to save them?
The romance, electricity between the characters, mystery and suspen
Katherine
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bargain Basement: Signed Paperbacks 1 4 Oct 12, 2015 09:48AM
  • Unblocked - Episode Four (Timber Towers, #4)
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
  • Death Design (The Daughters of Darkness #3)
  • Rising Shadows (World in Shadows, #1)
  • Isabel (Immortal Dreams, #1)
  • Forbidden Temptation (Forbidden, #3)
  • Dark Becoming (Ema Marx #3)
  • Release By Treaty (Qui Treaty Collection, #1)
  • Against the Darkness (Cimmerian Moon, #1)
  • Wolfe Brothers: The Complete Story
  • The Silver Lining
  • An Underestimated Christmas (Underestimated, #3)
  • Sinners' Opera
  • The Lost Series (Complete Collection Boxset)
  • Angry Movie Guy
  • The Heart (The Reluctant Romantics, #2)
  • The Prince's Ex
  • Taz (G-Man, #4)
Tia Louise is the USA Today best-selling, award-winning author of 20 sexy romance and romantic suspense novels.

After being a teacher, a book editor, a journalist, and finally a magazine editor, she started writing love stories and never stopped.

Louise lives in the Midwest with her trophy husband, two teenage geniuses, and one grumpy cat.

NEW RELEASE: WHEN WE KISS, coming Sept 6!

Recent Releases:
UN

One to Hold (9 books)
  • One to Hold (One to Hold, #1)
  • One to Keep (One to Hold, #2)
  • One to Protect (One to Hold, #3)
  • One to Love (One to Hold, #4)
  • One to Leave (One to Hold, #5)
  • One to Save (One to Hold, #6)
  • One to Chase (One to Hold, #7)
  • One to Take (One to Hold, #8)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99