Start by marking “Dirtiest Secret (S.I.N., #1)” as Want to Read:
Dirtiest Secret (S.I.N., #1)

Read Book

Dirtiest Secret

(S.I.N. #1)

It was wrong for us to be together, but it was even harder to be apart.

The memory of Dallas Sykes burns inside of me.

Everyone knows him as a notorious playboy, a man for whom women and money are no object. But to me, he’s still the one man I desperately crave—yet the one I can never have.

Dallas knows me better than anyone else. We bear the same scars, the same
Published April 19th 2016 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Dirtiest Secret, please sign up.
J. Kenner Dallas appears in the Stark International books and in Deepest Kiss (a Stark Ever After novella). However, it's only a spin off in that sense. You do…moreDallas appears in the Stark International books and in Deepest Kiss (a Stark Ever After novella). However, it's only a spin off in that sense. You do not have to know anything about Damien, Nikki, Jackson, or Sylvia to enjoy Dallas and Jane's story!(less)

XxTainaxX
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I am a J Kenner fan but this one was difficult for me. The OW in this are so blatant and there are so many that it's really hard to see past that. I get that he's broken. I get that he's traumatized. I get that what Dallas and Jane went through is unspeakable and that their love is taboo but come on. Jane is basically a doormat who lets him do what he wants with the OW and still seeks him out. The plot is interesting, Dallas' promiscuity aside. I really wish that it wasn't such a big part of it ...more
Maria Clara
Qué entretiene, lo hace; que poco aporta a este género, pues también, pero lo cierto es que ayuda a pasar de una lectura más pesada a otra.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I really struggle with rating this book. It's good. Like 5 stars good. There is just one issue that almost ruined the story for me. The OW were so over the top in this book, it was a huge turnoff for me. I want to love Dallas but it's not easy when he's with so many women. By the end of this book I sorta get why it was there...just wish it was tamed a bit. Since it was so blatant and in your face, it almost overtook the heart of the story. I do think this book leaves off in a way that it won't b ...more
Ezinwanyi
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it
An intriguing taboo love story but it was mired in a kidnaping subplot as well as a bdsm subplot.
It was well written but the pace was slower than I would have liked. There wasn’t really romance, it was more like dark and erotic passion. I suspect more romance will come in book 2.
bdsm photo: images16_zps5a3ddec1.jpg
Dallas Sykes is known to the general public as “The King of F**k”, the billionaire and uber playboy who has and will sleep with anyone. But behind the mask lies a lonely man who desperately longs for only one
Pam
Feb 04, 2016 marked it as arc-up-next  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
ARC kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
~IreneOust~
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

I picked this up because it was suggested to me by my trusted sidekick, TeriLyn. Once again, she proved that she knows me well because I LOVED this!

I am not a fan of reviewing series so I'll keep this short and sweet.

'Dirtiest Secret' was my first book by J. Kenner ... I know. I KNOW! Trust me, it won't be my last.

To enjoy this story fully, one needs a VERY open mind. I don't know about other books by this author but this one took me down one hell of a rabbit hole and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE! When
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We already met Dallas in some of the Stark/Steele books - he's one of the most famous billionaire playboys America has ever seen.... heir to a department store fortune.

Dallas Sykes is the King of Fuck.

But he only lets the world think he's that mega-rich playboy heir. (well, of course he does all the sexing and playboying - but it's not who he really is - it's just the picture of a guy he wants the world to think he is...)

His whole goddamn life was an act. A facade. He was damaged goods. As br
MissCherry
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No conocía a esta autora pero por la sinopsis me lancé a la piscina. Me encanta la erótica pero las que tienen un corte BDSM me suelen aburrir, con este no me ha pasado en absoluto. La historia de Dallas y Jane es efervescente, original, muy elegante y con muchísima acción. Vaya, que ha sido un disfrute de lectura me lo he pasado genial leyendolo y el cliffhanger final es ¡GORDISIMO! así que si o si me leeré el segundo.
Empieza fuerte desde el principio y de primeras parece una cosa, pero según
Jan

We're star crossed he and I. like a living breathing Shakespeare play. and what I want, I can't have.

Part one of this dark edgy book is filled with promise.

Told in third person, sometimes first person so as a reader I struggled with this at times I suppose it depends what you prefer and I prefer first person hearing the characters thoughts and feelings.

A dark and deep read, the characters Jane and Dallas were taken as children held hostage in dark cellers, the book takes you briefly to past ex
Anna
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, read-2018
2.5 Sterne
Danielle
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it

I haven't been on the fence about many of the books I have read but I found myself falling into that category with this one.

Dallas and Jane were best friends when they were younger but they also became step siblings. They had strong feelings for one another but they knew nothing could really happen until they both get kidnapped. Things change between them and they loose there virginity to each other.

Now after years of keeping themselves distant from each other Jane decides she needs to get Dal
Carolina (Everything.books_)
(3,5 /5⭐) Una palabra para describir este comienzo de trilogia es: INTENSO.
Hacía meses que no leía nada puramente de romance/erótico y comencé a leerlo sin tener mucha idea de qué iba la sinopsis. Me esperaba una historia "sencilla" con el romance que siempre solemos encontrar en este género y con el toque de erotismo. Pero sin dudas ya desde el párrafo de introducción nos dimos cuenta con Jesy (mi compañera en la LC) que la cosa iba más allá y nos sorprendió absolutamente. 👏❤
Me gustó muchísimo
Maria Sol
La verdad es que al décimo capítulo ya había perdido todo el interés por esta historia....fue otro NO para mí...
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3 STARS

I love this author and her writing style but this story was ok for me. I can't explain what my problem was but something was off for me! It's difficult to say anythin about the story because whatever I say will be a spoiler so I'll keep everything simple. The characters confused me.
Overall it was an ok story for me!

description

*An advance reading copy was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.*

Rodrigues Elsa
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Opah saudades de ler um livro da Julie Kenner que me roubasse todas as horas disponíveis do dia :)
Opinião já a ser editada :)
a ser publicada no Efeito dos Livros lá para....sexta :D
Gretchen  (About That Story)
Holy wow! This was awesomely intense, passionate, and erotic. I don't even know what to say or how to explain what I'm feeling but I pretty much inhaled it. Fantastic story I couldn't put down. Loved it!

I don't normally read anything with the word "taboo" involved because I'm a chicken like that, but I love J. Kenner so I decided to go for it. I was not disappointed. Everything was so well developed with this great build that had me on the edge of my seat. When I got to that taboo thing, yup, I
Bj
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 "King of Appearances" Stars!

J Kenner is known for her alpha dominant heroes and Dirty Secret certainly features one of those. However, this may be the rawest, most angst-filled love story yet.

However, readers should be cautioned to only undertake this emotional journey if they love dark romances and subjects that broach taboo and forbidden themes. That said, like smoke and mirrors, not everything is what it seems, so you will want to give this story a chance to play out before drawing any con
Angel
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Copyright Night Owl Reviews

When I saw that J. Kenner had a new book coming out, I knew I had to review it. I loved everything I have read by her before. So, it's hard to believe that I had such a hard time getting through this one. I still love her writing and she can easily pull me into a story, but there was one big issue that I was having with this book.

It doesn't really have anything to do with the plot or pacing, all of that was fine. My issue came when it was revealed that Dallas and Ja
Marian
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entretenido, con cierta originalidad dentro de los límites millonario obsesivo del control.- Veremos como sigue.-
Steffi
Die Dirty Secrets Reihe ist mir in den letzten Monaten öfters über den Weg gelaufen und als ich sie dann in meiner onleihe entdeckt habe, musste ich es einfach mal probieren.

Das Setting mit der gemeinsamen Vergangenheit von Jane und Dallas hat mir sehr gut gefallen. Diese Vergangenheit hat ein enormes emotionales Potential, was aber meiner Meinung nach nicht wirklich ausgeschöpft worden ist. Die Emotionalität ist für mich sehr oberflächlich geblieben und ich konnte nur wenig mit den beiden mitfü
Marta
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reseña completa en el blog:
Secreto inconfesable es el comienzo de una trilogía que apunta fuerte. Una historia de un amor prohibido repleta de pasión y misterio, con personajes muy reales y arriesgados y con una trama que te dejará con ganas de más.
Liis McKinstry
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let's get all the disclosures out of the way with.

I was given an ARC at ABF in exchange for an honest review. I've never read anything by J.Kenner, so I really didn't know what to expect.

Holy *insert a GIF thingy with my jaw dropping to the floor and eyes popping out of my head*. And lot of squealing. LOTS AND LOTS OF SQUEALING!

So before I go on about how books like this are the reason (in my opinion) why GR should have a 5+ star-rating system, I should let you know that there was ONE thing that
Dani

Wow! J. Kenner killed it. This story so hot, suspenseful, mysterious, dirty, and so freaking sexy I didn’t want it to end. It’s definitely an angst filled ride, but Dallas definitely lives up to his nickname as the King of F*ck!

They’re definitely not meant to be together, but all through the book, I couldn’t help wanting them to be. Rooting for them to get over pushing each other away, and just do what they both aching for. Dallas and Jane are forbidden to be together, but that doesn’t snip the

★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
*Sighs heavily* I'm disappointed because I wish I could have enjoyed this book better. Its cover, while incredibly misleading (at least to me) is about the only thing I like about this book.

I swear to god up until 70% of the book, barely nothing happen between the two characters. They get together only to push each other away, over and over and over again. This is basically the tune of the book until 70% of it.

It got to the point that I couldn't find it in me to care about them being togethe
Christine Alibutud
Jun 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Hmm, so I'm a bit ambivalent on what to feel with Dirtiest Secret.
description

Personally, this book was definitely compelling. The writing style was what drew me in, though I didn't exactly appreciate the POV shifts. Concept-wise and character-wise, it was intriguing.

BUT

Something about this made me feel off. Also, I welcomed the promiscuity at times, but once in a while, it gets borderline annoying and offensive.

Anyway, this one was a push-and-pull for me. Though it invoked interest, disconnection was cons
Dawn
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
so sorry but this wasn't for me :(
Christiann Igou
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was book was one of my most anticipated books of the year! Dallas Sykes has popped up in other books and it this allusive bad boy billionaire with quite a few sinful secrets! J. Kenner takes taboo/forbidden romance to entirely different level! I was unable to put this down and am eagerly awaiting book 2.

This book answered some question about who Dallas is and why he loves the way he does but it is only the tip of the iceberg...vague, i know but you will understand when you dive into this b
Carla Marques
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um livro super intenso e muito bom, prendeu-me da primeira até à ultima página.
Gostei imenso apesar de achar a história um bocado estranha, embora seja uma novidade para mim....irmãos que não são irmãos.
Opinião completa em: http://aviciadadoslivros.blogspot.pt/...
Arantzazu
Lo que esperaba y prometía el libro.
Sin más, perfecto para evadirse a pie de piscina con su toque erotico.La escritora tiene oficio, da igual que la historia sea manida y sin nada que aportar, al estar bien escrito engancha y entretiene. Era todo lo que pedía así que vamos a por el segundo.
Ana Fernandes
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
3,5⭐ ...more
Some Like It Hot!: ʜȯƗƗie ϻember ϻeet ~J Kenner 7 122 May 10, 2016 06:50PM
Some Like It Hot!: тeaѕer тυeѕday~ Dirtiest Secret 4.12 3 30 May 01, 2016 11:04PM
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Darkness Within
  • See Through Me (Lose My Senses, #1)
  • My Obsession (Club Desire, #1)
  • Used
  • Kiss Marry Kill (Iron Clad Security, #1)
  • Ghostgirl (Mercy, #1)
  • Shattered Lives (Shattered, #2)
  • Taste (Sovereign, #2)
  • Infinitely (Infinite Love Duet, #1)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Flutter
  • Impossible Promise (The Unchecked Series, #1)
  • Code of Honor (Spontagio Family, #1)
  • Find Me in Pleasure (Dark Pleasures, #2)
  • Stud
  • Salvage
  • Transparent (Luminous, #2)
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and #1 International bestselling author of over one hundred novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New Y

S.I.N. (3 books)
  • Hottest Mess (S.I.N., #2)
  • Sweetest Taboo (S.I.N., #3)
“Being together came close to destroying both of us once already," he says. "But I don't fucking care. You are the memory that gets me through my days, and the fantasy that saves me in the night.” 0 likes
“You want me to stay with you tonight?"

She nodded. "It's not scary anymore--I mean, I'm home and it's all over. But I think it will be scary in my dreams, and I don't want to have nightmares."

"Okay then." He sat up straight, looking every bit the determined bodyguard. "In that case, I have to stay. And you don't have to worry because I'll protect you. I'll always protect you.”
0 likes