Start by marking “Love After Pain” as Want to Read:
Love After Pain

Love After Pain

I didn’t want to fall in love. Love wasn’t included in the plan I had laid out for myself. My plan was simple; go to school, graduate and become the most well-known corporate law attorney on the west coast. I had it all right in the palm of my hand until the day I heard her voice, saw her smile, and fell in love with the most gorgeous set of emerald eyes.
Love hits you lik
Published August 22nd 2015 by Torrie Robles

To ask other readers questions about Love After Pain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love After Pain

Start your review of Love After Pain
Janja
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
How to get over the loss of his wife and at the same time
and how to live on family life?

The story itself is interesting, but it is written on a hard way if I may say so and mainly I did not feel any chemistry between the main protagonists.
Angie
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You might want to have tissues ready before you start this book. In fact, this book should come with a box of tissues! Not going to lie, the blurb alone made me a little teary eyed. I started reading this book and could not stop.

The story is about David, a newly widowed father of seven year old Clare and newborn son Brody. The author, Torrie Robles takes you on an emotional rollercoaster of David's struggle to learn to live again after having the unimaginable happen. He is angry and has every r
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
Finding the light...after so much darkness...
A novel I just happened to stumble upon and I am forever grateful to have read such a beautiful story.This book ripped my heart open bit by bit...brought out so much pain,emotions,tears.Kept me interested till the very last sentence...and yet managed to put my heart back together.A story about loss and the stages of coping with such an ugly situation....trying to come out of it a survivor.Learning to control your life,even after such devastating event
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

Edited on Nov 2nd!

Unfortunately this book didn't live up to my expectations...the plotline was predictable, I didn't like the main characters, thenstory wasn't believable and Imcoulsn't relate to it.
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
***ARC given on behalf of the author for an honest review **

I was recommended by a friend to read this book so i was excited to receive this book and she warned me that I would cry, but I had no idea I would through the whole book and that it would be a hard cry. Plus this book hit home for me , being the aunt of a nephew who lost his mother, my sister when he was 2.
David has just lost his wife and isnow a single dad if two a 7 year old and a 2 month old. his life is over he lost his life, his
Pam
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A friend of mine asked me if I would read this book and write a review in exchange for a free copy. She said that the latest copy with all of the editing changes were at the publishers so most of the small problems have been been addressed but there might still be a few typo's or spelling errors.
Those types of errors are #1 on my pet peeve list when reading a book so I wanted to say no... but she read to me the description of the book and I had to have it!
I just finished the book today. It was e
Dianna Little
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I saw on facebook that a new author was giving away an arc of a book that was coming out and was looking for people to read it for an honest review so I thought ok I am always up for reading a new author. You never know when you will come across something you will fall in love with. Well that just happened with this book. I started reading it and found out that I couldn't put it down. I was hooked and had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. I found myself yelling at David and O ...more
Jennifer Lessard
Oh my, where do I begin....When I was asked to read Torrie Robles new book, Love After Pain, I jumped at the chance! I read Torrie's debut novel and thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, when I read the synopsis for this book it brought tears to my eyes. This story is very well written and the characters are well developed and extremely easy to relate to. Which is why I was sucked into the story right from the start. I didn't feel like I was reading a book I felt like I was living the story. Like this wa ...more
Val
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW...what an amazing book! This book was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. If you are looking for a book with an emotional rollercoaster ride, then you need to read this. Make sure to have tissues ready.

David loses his wife after an accident that they were involved in. He now has to figure out how to get through life without her and how to be a single dad to his two children. He meets Olivia through his sister Destiny who are both child therapists. She helps him work through some o
Tara Litzinger
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A book hard to put down!

This book is a beautiful romantic story with heartbreak, love and suspense. Have your tissues available! David loses his wife in a tragic accident and has to learn how to survive and raise his new born son and young daughter. Olivia is a child therapist that works with David’s sister Destiny and is there to help David and Clare deal with their grief. Olivia knows what they are going through as she also experienced loss of her own. There is electricity between David and
sarah Keiran
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review

Wow! What can I say? This book broke my heart and put it back together. David loses his wife in a car accident leaving behind a heartbroken father, daughter and son. He understandably has a hard time processing what happened.

Then we meet Olivia, who's such a force to be reckoned with . She's a breath of fresh air. She pushes David to deal with his grief , also helping his daughter and son

I'm not gonna spoil it for you . But I recommend everyone t
Nicole
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Every character pushed way too hard, I didn't find Olivia's appeal and didn't believe the HEA.
Kris Riley
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
**Warning: HUGE UGLY CRY BOOK** I want to clearly state that I love Colleen Hoover and her works. I am a CoHort. So know when I call Torrie "CoHo Mean" I am giving her a huge compliment. I don't even know how to begin with this review because Love After Pain seriously grabbed me from the first sentence and did not let go until the very end. To be honest, I don't think it has let go of me yet (and I'm writing this review a couple weeks after reading the book). That is how riveting the story is. I ...more
Three Chicks
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Star Review by Jen Skewes

Wow! What a beautiful and emotional story. My emotions were all over the place with this one and I loved every minute of it. I was completely sucked in from the first page and did not want to let go. I wanted to ignore everyone and everything around me and just get lost in this book.

David never planned on having a life that included a wife and children. His career was everything to him. But that all changed when he met Kate. She was his world. She made him a better
Tersia Eloff
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The brilliant writing style of Torrie Robles made be feel everything that David and Liv went through. Clare just stole my heart. She is one special little girl.

This book is the most beautiful love story.

The letter (I think that is what it is at the end) from Kate is just the cherry on the cake.
Ember Dante
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure what I can say about this book, except--WOW. It grabbed me on the first page and wouldn't let go. It was an emotional rollercoaster, and I'm not ashamed to admit I cried more than a few tears. The pain was intense, and I felt every bit of it, right along with both main characters.

Now my dilemma is which of her books to read next...
Ashley Ziegler
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

You should definitely have a box of tissues by your side while reading this book. It will take you on the emotional rollercoaster of a lifetime. The blurb totally sucks you in and breaks your heart before you even open up and start reading.

David goes through the most unimaginable pain that any man should ever have to go through when he sees his pregnant wife's life slip away before his eyes. Newly widowed, he has to deal with the grief over lo
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
This book was really, really good! Torrie Robles did an excellent job capturing the devastating emotions of a heart broken man. David has lost the love of his life in a tragic accident while she is pregnant with their son. After her death, he is left to raise their new born son and their young daughter. How will he get through this horrible tragedy?

Thankfully, David is surrounded by his wonderful family, including his parents and sister. They help him through this difficult time, and also help
Crystal Blanton
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carol
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book that I have read from this author. When I read the synopsis I couldn't wait to read this story. Most of the time you see where it's the woman who loses her spouse and is left trying to raise her children alone. This is the first, that I have read, where its the man struggling to making without his wife. The author does a great job of conveying how he feels and what he is going through trying to cope with Kate gone. Trying to raise their 7 yr. old daughter and newborn son. ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
This book is a stand alone.
You also may need tissues.
In this book we have David. In one tragic night his entire world is flipped and turned upside down.
He must now find a way to get through his own grief, while trying to step up and by the full time parent his new born son Brody, and seven year old daughter Clare, need him to be.
Along the way he meets Oliva, his sister's best friend, and also child psychologist partner.
Olivia, she's also been struggling and hiding from things in her past, for th
Judy Miracle
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with this book from the beginning!! Although I did not let out physical tears this book tore me up. Its a heart wrenching, second chance at love kind of story.

David lost his wife and is now left with his daughter and newborn son to care for. He doesn't want to move on nor does he want to love again. But what he wants and what he and his kids need is a different story.

Olivia knows what David is going through. She has been through more pain than one should have to bear at any indi
Nardia Barnes
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this ARC for an honest review.

What a total breathe of fresh air (plus tears) this book was. Gone are the typical romances, this book touches on so many issues that I'm sure many readers will relate to. We have David a strong successful attorney whose life is torn apart with the death of his wife, leaving him to not only deal with her death but deal with raising his 7 year old daughter as well as his new born son! Insert Olivia, fire cracker of a women who makes David face a lot! The w
Meledy Blumberg
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this awesome book it was heart wrenching. I was in tears I could feel David's pain in this book. How he felt how much he lost but also he had so much to look out for in his children. Then you have Olivia and looking in her eyes you could see the pain she endeared all those years ago and how she keeps them so close to her but you also see the love that she sees for David. Well David miss out on a second chance to love or well his pain be more than he can handle. I guess we we ...more
Danny Jeffery
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just finished this and what an amazingly emotional read.

This was the first book that I've read from Torrie Robles so I had no expectations but I was blown away by this read.

To be honest, it started a little slow and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but then before I knew it, I was sucked right in and I couldn't get through it quick enough.

Love After Pain, is simply a beautifully written love story of two people coming together for a second chance at love. It really tugged at the he
Marcie Wegner
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book. David just lost his wife and is left not only to deal with his grief but to raise his seven year old daughter and his newborn son. With the support of his family, he begins going through the motions of life. Will he open himself up to life and love again, or is he totally closed off because of the loss of the "love of his life".
Torrie Robles does a great job with character development. Every character has depth and purpose. Well worth the time to read. This is the first book I
Christina Szczepan-santos
I'm going to stick with this book. I'm about 50% in and it's totally predictable already. There are many editing errors and it's truly driving me crazy.
*Will edit review when finished*

****DNF****
I really tried to love this book. I was dying to read it and I'm bummed that I couldn't finish it. The second Liv came into the mix I knew what was going to happen.
I was just bored with this book. I didn't connect with the characters at all.
I probably will go back to it but for now I can't.
Sorry didn't
MegL
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love After Pain is a heartfelt, second chance love story. This was my first time reading Torrie Robles and I wasn't disappointed. Overall, the story was developed really well though there were a few errors. I was able to connect with David and Olivia. Their stories were absolutely heartbreaking. I could feel David's anguish through Torrie's writing and that's what really pulled me in. This is a story growth, strength and the ability to overcome unimaginable circumstances.
Sue
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautifully written book that takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion. This book really touched my heart. Torrie's writing helps you to feel the heartbreak, the loss and the struggles of just trying to live and then to finally be able to open your heart again. This was the first book of Torrie Robles I have read but it definitely won't be the last.

I received and ARC of this book
Margaret Freund
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. It was very emotional at times especially moments between David and his daughter Clare.
I loved all the characters that made up this story. Olivia what a spitfire she was and so very strong having endured everything she went through. David's parents were his rock and saving grace. His sister Des was also supportive and told him like it was. I could connect with all of them!
This book grabbed me from the first page and I was hooked! Very well done Torrie!

• Storm Damage
  • Leaving Eva (The Eva Series #1)
  • Skirt (Ruthless Kings MC, #5)
  • The Complete Hidden Scars Series (Hidden Scars, #1-3)
  • Until Joe (Happily Ever Alpha)
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
  • Pretending (The Fading Series Book 3)
  • Jackson: Against the Boards (Sin Bin Hockey)
  • Three of a Kind (Wallflowers #1)
  • Double Trouble (Wallflowers #2)
  • Until Kayla
  • One Heart Remains (Wallflowers #3)
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
  • Clean Slate (Diva's Ink, #2)
  • Beautiful Template (Diva's Ink, #3)
  • Tool (Ruthless Kings MC, #3)
  • Poodle (Ruthless Kings MC #4)
  • Pulse (Collide, #2)
Torrie Robles was born and raised in the Central Valley of California. She currently lives a short distance from her hometown of Clovis. She is married and has three children, two boys and one girl. She has her Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration.

Writing has always been a passion of Torrie's. 2015 will mark the year she will become a self-published author. She writes contemporary romanc