Start by marking “Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin” as Want to Read:
Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin

Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  19,844 ratings  ·  1,732 reviews
Twenty-six-year-old Gaby Barreto might be a lot of things (loyal, sarcastic, one of the guys and a pain in the butt depending on which family member you ask), but dumb isn’t one of them. When her twin brother invites her to go on tour as his band’s merch girl, she isn’t exactly screaming at the top of her lungs with joy.

With no job opportunities pounding on her door, an
Published August 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin, please sign up.
Hannah Yes it was called 'The Golden Giants Tour' :)…moreYes it was called 'The Golden Giants Tour' :)(less)
Daisy Not much romance. If you are looking for a book with zinging sex scenes....this is not the book. It is like witnessing two friends flirty and telling …moreNot much romance. If you are looking for a book with zinging sex scenes....this is not the book. It is like witnessing two friends flirty and telling fart jokes...a LOT.(less)
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Hating Game by Sally  ThorneThe V Girl by Mya RobartsMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Slow-burn romance
757 books — 2,507 voters
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Deal by Elle KennedyUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataWait for It by Mariana Zapata
Slow romance
722 books — 2,293 voters

More lists with this book...

·  19,844 ratings  ·  1,732 reviews

Start your review of Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin
Christy
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!

photo 19642260_10103954033706628_5818341349488787579_n_zps2zsza5ga.jpg
“Not liking you is like fighting gravity.”

I am on a roll when it comes to Mariana Zapata books! With each one I read, I love her more and more. I only have 2 left and I go between wanting to binge read them, or to savor them and wait a while to read. Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin was different than some of her other books, but still had fantastic characters, a fun story line, and a delicious slow-burn romance!

Gaby is going on tour with her twin brother to help his band as
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“He was the end to my beginning.”

➦I'm a huge fan of Zapata's. She if a queen of slow burn and I absolutely loved Kulti by Mariana Zapata and The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata . This book, unfortunately, didn't do it for me. I did like it, I just didn't love it.

➦We have Gaby, our heroine, who goes on tour with her brother's band to work as a merch girl. There she meets Sasha, a lead singer of the headlining band who is also on tour with them. They spend the next three months together on the road and build their friendship, which de
Mysza
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read

That's right, I had a huge smile on my face throughout the whole book. It was funny, light and so so sweet. The romance was slow and hardly anything happened romantically until 80%, but the slow build-up made me appreciate the relationship between main characters even more, and the whole anticipation thing was well done.

Gaby, fresh out of college, with no job yet, dumped by her boyfriend takes an offer from her twin brother Eli to go on tour with him and his bandmates. Eli together with Mason an
Em Lost In Books
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nice and cute... quite forgettable. I would have loved it had I read her books in the order they were released. Sigh, I read her better work first and now I am spoiled.
Nenia Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

💙 I read this for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2018 Reading Challenge, for the category of: Rockstar Romance. For more info on this challenge, click here. 💙

I almost never like rockstar romances. I think it's because they tend to be very shallow and superficial, focusing more on the "I'm hot and have to wade through a sea of willing women and available drugs" aspects of the profession and less on the talent and the artistry
Lady Heather
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: smart-sassy, kick-ass female leads and quirky-sexy- rock stars male leads
January 2021
6th read and I still absolutely love everything about this book!

June 2019

With no job op
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

“Not liking you is like fighting gravity.”

After her boyfriend dumps her, Gabby is asked to go on tour with her twin brother selling merchandise for his band. Which would be fine, if she wasn't insanely attracted to the lead singer of the other traveling band, Sacha. Three months and a bunch of countries, everyone will be tight together making for some interesting happenings.

“Because if I remember correctly, your text message said, ‘I just kicked the hottest guy I’ve probably ev
Snow
I FUCKIN LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
and I will tell you more about it later...

BUT I will state this - Mariana Zapata is definitely one of the authors that I am saving in MY FAVORITE AUTHORS drawer.

The story
As I like to state - there's no subject or theme that hasn't already been written! The difference is in the WAY or HOW it was written and that's where the writers' "personal touch" comes in, it's the thing that differs and truly makes a difference...it can be a deciding moment whether you like the
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
While this one wasn't my FAVORITE Mariana Zapata slow burn... it was still fantastic!
Zapata is just the queen of the slow burn for me.
I like to watch her characters develop over the course of the book.
It's always well done and gives me all the feels.
bella farren
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 / 5

reread:
18/06/18
29/06/19

I loved another MZ book. What a damn shocker. Honestly, I don't even know why I doubted that she could make me fall in love with my least favourite trope (rockstar romances), her writing and plot lines are always flawless! This was yet again another slow burn romance that surpassed all other slow burns.

UGH I NEED MORE MZ BOOKS *cries*

Gaby is currently in the stage of life where nothing's going right. She's finished college with what her family feel is a 'nothing de
Daiane
I love Mariana's books and they way she writes but really, in this one I think someone else wrote it ant put her name... It was that bad... ...more
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
"He was the end to my beginning."
description

Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin is a slow burn contemporary romance by the slow burn queen of all Mariana Zapata. A rock star romance with humor, witty text, passion, and complex characters. Gaby has always been close to her rock star twin brother. When she finds herself in between jobs, she doesn't think twice about joining her twin on his worldwide tour. It doesn't take Gaby long to connect with the lead singer of one of the bands on tour Sasha Malykhin. Sa
Radmila
5 ++++++++ STARS!!!!!!!

"You're a dream come true."

It's Mariana Zapata <3!!!

Didi
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this author. Kulti, also written by her was by far, one of the best romances I've ever read. MZ has a way of writing incredibly likable heroines full of spirit and humor.
Rock star romances don't usually do it for me, but since I love this author I gave it a go. It was written with the same awesome recipe this author uses; witty humor, a slow burn of a romance and very likable characters. There's no insta-anything here, and this is trademark. I love that.

Gaby was wonderful, of course. So
Dianna ♡ the belle and the book ♡
4.5/5 stars
"Do you have any idea how easy it is to love you?"

my binge reading my girl MZ's books probably says a lot about the state of my love life, if there is any lol

So, after finishing The Wall of Winnipeg and Me and Lingus, I immediately started this book because your girl just can't get enough of Mariana Zapata's writings. She's just really good.

There's something different about her books that really set it above the rest of romance novels out there. Unlike some novels I've r
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone. A solid, enjoyable read!
December 2016 re-read

I probably liked this more the second time around!!
++++++++++++++++++++++

08/23/2015 --

I enjoy this author. I think my favorite thing about this book is the relationship Gaby has with her brother Eli and her best friends Mason and Gordo. I loved the interactions and the back and forth dialogue. It sounded so much like me and my brother. I had fun reading it.

At the 50% mark, I'm always thinking 5 Star. Then, something happens, or doesn't happen and they end up 4 Stars. Still
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
"I fell in love with the voice in the dark."

Mariana Zapata is quickly becoming a must read author for me. She is the Queen of a slow burn romance in the best possible way and I can't get enough of her writing. She gets me, she really really gets me. To prove just how much she gets me, she wrote this book and put in it a baboon of a brother I always wanted. And he was exactly how I pictured him.

By the way my mom already told me I can't have an older (or even twin) brother for Christmas. I as
*The Angry Reader*
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
So I’m a little less heart-eyes this go-round. Over Zapata and this book. Downgrading it to 4 stars. Sacha was a sweet, open, fun hero. Gaby was...okay. I definitely didn’t adore her, Mason, Eli or Gordo this time around. Their antics were childish. Yeesh.
Overall it was enjoyable. Easy. Zapata got me through a tough couple of weeks in a new work position. I appreciate that.

***original review***
I love Mariana Zapata. She writes the smartest, strongest, coolest heroines ever. Gaby was so real -
Seline
Jun 05, 2020 rated it liked it

I decided to come back to this book and It’s my least favorite by this author.

OKEY I’M SO SAD RIGHT NOW! I can’t believe I’m not finishing one of Mariana Zapata’s books. I do want to get back to this later though, I’m kind of not in the mood to read another slowwww burn romance🙈🙈.
✦ Maica ✦
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Do you have any idea how easy it is to love you?"

And I just fell in love. sigh

Gaby Barreto's twin brother was going on tour again. His band, the Ghost Orchid, just fired their merch guy for stealing money and they want Gaby to come on tour with them to be their merch girl.
3 months on tour with three of her bestest friends alongside the funny and charming lead singer of the other band, The Chord Collision, what could possibly go wrong?

Sacha and Gaby had an amazing relationship. Their
Emma
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it, I just didn't love it.

This slow-burn on-tour-with-the-band romance was just that, SLOW! Not a single romantic action until 80% come on!!!!!!! I know this author is known for writing slow-burn romances, usually I'm a fan but in this case it just didn't seem believable to me. I liked the storyline and I liked the characters but a part of me felt like the banter between Gaby and her brother Eli and their 2 best friends was a little forced. Don't get me wrong I definitely laughed out lou
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 4

★Review★

This felt a bit different for a book by this author.

It was still a slow burn romance, but the hero was actually rat
Jacqueline's Reads
4.5 Best Audio narrator and author stars

I said it once and I’ll say it again, Mariana Zapata books are the BEST via audio and Carly Robins is the perfect narrator for all books.

I’m slowly making my way through all of Marina Zapata books through audio, I’ll probably do a re-read when I listen to all of them. There’s something about these slow burn books that I can’t get enough of until I’m done. Like, I don’t stop listening until I’m finished and that says a lot because I only listen when I’m at
❦ jazmin
“I fell in love with the voice in the dark. No joke, no exaggeration. It was a pure, raw love.”

This was a short and sweet read, especially compared to most of Mariana Zapata’s other books! I definitely expected more conflict, but I’m sort of glad that this was such a light read!

Gaby and Sacha were really really fun protagonists. I was also super surprised by the fact that Sacha didn’t start out as rude?! He was just nice right from the start so unlike in a lot of her other books it was easy
Dilek VT
Oct 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: boring, dnf
DNF at %35 (page 100 of 276 pages)

Reason?
I got bored, incredibly bored...
I always try hard to finish books even if they get boring from time to time, but I really couldn't stand this any longer...

So, you can ignore my rating because I give 1 star to all the books that I cannot keep on reading however hard I try....

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
"What's that look for?" I asked him, running my hand over his tattooed arm.
His smile turned dopey and sweet. "You make me so fucking happy, Princess. You have no idea."

I absolutely loved this book, but, if I’m being honest, it’s my least favorite. But my least favorite of Zapata is still a top favorite of other books any day, though. I’d read a subpar Zapata over the most popular, current romance novels all day long. So, to say this was another win is an understatement…but did anyon
Ivy Deluca
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gaby is at loose ends - she’s just graduated college, has no job and she just got dumped by her boyfriend of two years. When her twin brother Eli (or Eliza as she calls him), asks her to sell merchandise for him and his band, Ghost Orchid (formed with her two other best friends, the morons Gordo and Mason), while they’re on tour, she says yes. On her first day, she meets Sascha, the lead singer of the headlining band, The Cloud Collision, in probably one of the most awkward ways possible. They s ...more
Deea (Andreea)
Mariana Zapata's rich, hilarious, superb writing. ✓
Rockstar hero. ✓
Hot, up to no good musicians. A tour buss full of them, in fact.
Two bands. One girl. Three months of pranks, fun, friendship, sexual tension, flirting and banter. One epic world tour. ✓

Why would this book need any more presentation?

Arghhhh this was such a fun, entertaining read, I'm not even going to pause to analyze it or to think that it took the two idiots forfreakingever to acknowledge their feelings and to do something ab
Talltree
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
3 meh-i-barely-managed-to-finish stars

Things I didn't like about the book:
- the h spent as much time with the other supporting cast as the H, it seemed more of a road trip, coming of age story than a romance. If i'd known not sure I'd have got the book.
- didn't seem particularly romantic, I could have done without hearing about the H farting or his bad morning breath or other toilet humour stuff, gross
- not a fan of h pining, H apparently had an ex that he is on touch with on the phone till the
Carol
A solid 4 stars.
Not as earth shattering as others by Mariana but I really liked this book. Beyond slow burn romance, I don't think the MC's connected romantically until almost 90% in. Gaby was my favorite kind of funny, kick-ass, take no prisoners sort of heroine and Sacha was the perfect tatted, yet sensitive and sweet guy.
As usual her secondary characters really shine too, especially Gaby's twin brother Eli and his friends Mason and Gordo.
I really love this authors character development, this

• Wrecking Ball (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Navždycky
  • Sledgehammer (Hard to Love, #2)
  • To Love Jason Thorn
  • Marriage for One
  • The Opposite of You (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Managed (VIP, #2)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Scoring Wilder
  • Archer's Voice
  • To Hate Adam Connor
  • Playing with Fire
  • Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2)
  • Enemies