Start by marking “Falling for the Wrong Guy” as Want to Read:
Falling for the Wrong Guy

Falling for the Wrong Guy

Ruby Davis has a crush on her brother’s best friend. At least, he was his bestie until the big betrayal. Now Drew is off limits to everyone, especially Ruby. She can’t stand the way people treat him, or the way he feels about himself. It isn’t right. And those deep green eyes are calling to her.

Drew is scarred and damaged, and he has no business even looking at Ruby. But
Published October 12th 2015 by Entangled Crush

To ask other readers questions about Falling for the Wrong Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for the Wrong Guy

Start your review of Falling for the Wrong Guy
Norah Una Sumner
Such a great and cute book!
Entangled: Crush books are an auto-read for me,to be honest.This story is very interesting and I’ve read it in one sitting.

description

The characters were amazing-I loved both Drew and Ruby and I definitely connected with them and their story.Ruby was certainly in a difficult position,torn between her brother and a bit broken but loving Drew she had to make the ultimate choice…or try to work it all out.The chemistry between these two was so good!I just couldn’t wait to find out w
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
2.5 STARS

Ruby has had a big crush on Drew, her brother's best friend, for a long time. But a tragic event and a betrayal ended that friendship. Now, after a year long absence, Drew is back at school and Ruby realizes that, despite everything, her feelings haven't changed. But does getting close to Drew mean a betrayal of her own brother?

Meanwhile, Drew is dealing with both physical and emotional scars that have drastically changed his life. He is crippled with guilt and is certain that he is un
Mandy
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forbidden, arc, ya

Mia has had a crush on her brother Blake's best friend Drew for years. About a year ago, Drew betrayed Blake and there were devastating consequences. When Drew finally returns to school, he's scared and not the same boy he was before. He has no friends and no confidence. Mia still sees the same boy she has crushed on for years and when they are assigned to the same class project and have to spend time together, they rekindle a friendship. They shouldn't be together but they can't fight
Didi
Could have been so much better with the angst, forbidden love and tragedy oozing off the pages. Sadly, this book felt like it didn't live up to its potential. Skimmed the last third or so, but at least it ended well. Meh.
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I want to thank Entangled for providing me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

I am a big fan of girls who go for the wrong guy. Because I always know in the end that wrong guy has some kind of baggage that he needs to let go of and the girl will help him with that.

Ruby has a crush on her brother's EX best friend, Drew. Always has. But he's been gone for a year, and he's the EX best friend for a reaso
Caro
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars.

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with this one. I wanted to really like it (look at that pretty cover!), but it fell short for me.

We have Ruby and Drew.

Ruby has a brother who lost his girlfriend in a fire, where she was with Drew, cheating on Ruby’s brother. Drew takes a year off to heal and after he comes back, Ruby feels she can be his friend, because it would hurt her brother.

The thing is, I get her view and her loyalty, but to me, it was kinda bullshit to some extent.
Anjie
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016
Thank you Netgalley for sending me an ARC of this novel. My opinion was not affected by it. Because my copy was an ARC, it was unedited and could be different from the completed and published copy. For example, there was a change in character name from Mia to Ruby.

Falling for the Wrong Guy was such a refreshing book to read. Okay, well not exactly refreshing. It did cover a number of heavy topics, love, loss, betrayal to name a few. It had such an interesting background and plot that I read it
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Really liked Ruby and Drew's story. It's so cute - and let's be honest - total wish fulfillment - to think of a boy that Ruby's always had a crush on finally seeing her in a new, non-brotherly way. I liked that Sara Hantz gives Drew the chance to reach out to someone who understands the special needs he has as someone with burn scars on a lot of his body, but who is strong enough to set limits as well.

The confrontation (and follow up conversation between Blake and Ruby) between Blake and Drew w
Aliaa El-Nashar
The premise of the story was nice in concept, but it was meant as a deep and dark story, which honestly lost most of its strength in third person. It would have been much better and easier to grip you and get you emotional if it had been in first person. It switched points of view anyway between Drew and Mia so I don't get why it couldn't have been official. I was so detached and as interesting as the story was in concept, I didn't really find myself immersed in the tragedy and depth of the woun ...more
Irene

Falling for the Wrong Guy was an OK read.

The storyline was good but I failed to connect with the characters which left me a little unsatisfied.
I think this just wasn't the book for me.

Thank you to Entangled Crush via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Deniz
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: entangled-crush
Dunno if I'm gonna round up or down yet
Mary McFarlane
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
3.5 really had its good parts but was pretty meh
Casey
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

Falling for the Wrong Guy is my first book by Sara Hantz. This story is a standalone young adult novel. While there were some really positive messages here and moments that I liked, unfortunately there were also a lot of things that didn't work for me. I think that there are those out there that will really enjoy this book, however there were just too many things for me that I had issues with.

Mia Davis (My ARC had the heroine's name as Mia bu
Lindy
Aug 29, 2015 rated it liked it
My Thoughts:

The brother's best fried falling for the younger sister is my absolute favorite book trope of all time. When I read the book summary for Falling for the Wrong Guy, I was so excited to dive right in and read this story. However, I must admit that I was disappointed.

Ruby Davis has had a crush on Drew, her brother's best friend, for many years. Unfortunately, a horrific accident causes the breakup of Drew, and Ruby's brother (Blake's) friendship. Ruby and Drew end up being put in the sa
MJ
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys
I received an ARC via Entangled: Crush.
Mia (or Ruby? This confuses me) has this big crush on her brother Blake's best friend, Drew, until Drew's big betrayal that is. Almost a year later, when Drew finally came back to school, he's different. He's scarred and damaged. After being assigned as group mates for a school project, they become reluctant friends again and it slightly developed into something more. But Mia's torn between her feelings for Drew and her loyalty for her brother.

There comes a
Keanna (JustKey)
I loved how the author broke my heart weaving Drew and Ruby's story with mine.

Characters:
Ruby: She is caught in the middle of her brother and his ex-best friend, Drew. With her brother not talking to him, liking him is off limits. Things get a bit stickier when they're paired together for project and she starts to like him. I loved the constant internal battle you saw with her liking her brother's best friend and the loyalty to her brother.

Drew: Every since it happened, he constantly blames hims
Esther Haddie's Haven
Such a great story about healing wounds and forgetting the past. Something I relate to, yet again. There were parts that just wrenched my heart from my chest, and I felt like crying. Only the best books can do that to me, and this book is that great. Also, is the cover not the cutest?!

Full review - http://haddieshaven.blogspot.com/2015...
Rowena
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
This was a really quick read but I thought a lot of the characters and their thoughts and reactions and the way they handled things was just really dumb. I didn't understand a lot of what they did or acted and just ugh.

Full review to come.
Geri Reads
Sep 06, 2015 rated it liked it
A really cute YA story about a girl who fell in love with her brother's best friend after he betrayed her brother. The hero is scarred which I loved. The pacing was good and the two main characters are engaging. My main gripe is that the secondary characters are one-dimensional.

Whimsy
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
***SPOILERS***

Sooo much drama. And sooo much misery.
Drama at home, where Ruby and Blake`s father is suffering from an old injury
Drama between Blake and Drew, who used to be best friends until Blake`s girlfriend cheated on him with Drew.
Drew living with parents who are alcoholics.
Drew suffering with his own injury from fire.
Ruby having a car accident at the end.
And no communication at all...
...NOT A BOOK FOR ME... One dramatic event in a story is enough for me...especially, if it is just a short
Vivs
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a little bit lacking. It sells at the beginning so much teenage angst and then it falls a little flat. And also, most of the parents are as self involved as teenagers, but without any development so you realize as things happen that the main characters are not exaggerating.
Jessica
Jun 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing annoys me more than unfounded love and shallow characters. The end.
Fame Ege
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think... the story is too cliche... and that I just don't think it's worth a whole book.
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Actual Rating 2.5 out of 5 Stars

Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book, from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. In no way did this sway either my review or my rating.

I think out of all the ARCs that I had gotten over the last month or so, this one was the one that I was most looking forward to. I mean, it sounded so sweet and angsty and I love the whole falling for the brother's best friend trope and add to it the fact that there was some be
K.M. Robinson
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ebook ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. Falling for the Wrong Guy is an adorable story about Ruby, who, as the title suggests, falls for a guy she can’t have. Drew was her brother’s best friend…before Blake’s girlfriend cheated with Drew…and she died in the fire Drew wasn’t able to save her from. Now Drew is recovering for being burned on 30% of his body, leaving horrible scars he’s convinced he deserves. When he comes back to school a year later, he finds himself ...more
Jen
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Falling for the Wrong Guy is a standalone young adult (YA) romance from author Sara Hantz and tells the tale of high school junior Mia Davis falling for her brother's former best friend Drew Scott. This is a falling-for-your-sibling's-best-friend love story but with a certain twist--Mia's brother Blake and Drew are no longer best friends--that gives it a more
Moriah
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Mia Davis can’t help the crush that she has for her brother’s, Blake, best friend. Only, Drew isn’t her brother’s best friend anymore, since the fire that killed Blake’s ex-girlfriend and Drew was with her. When they’re thrust together for a science project, the attraction between the two of them can’t be denied. Drew’s scars make him think that he doesn’t deserve happiness, and he wants to keep their relationship a secret to
Erica Chilson
I used my personal copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3 stars

Young Adult age-range: 13+

Sara Hantz is a new-to-me author. As a fan of the publisher and a sucker for forbidden romance, I bought this in a heartbeat.

Ruby has always had a crush on her older brother's best friend. Events happened a year ago to tear their lives apart. When Drew comes back into Ruby's life, she can't stay away from him, even if it means choosing him over her brother.

Drew is being chased by past de
Shannon Rogers
Aug 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-arc
I love these types of stories that play on the forbidden love angle. Forbidden love is exciting and intoxicating, and the author has created a very unique situation here to play out a forbidden love story. The big betrayal is revealed almost immediately in the story, and I felt immediately drawn to Drew because of it.

Drew was my favorite character because I felt he had the most emotional connection with me, and he really brought me into his hurt and anxiety. This is a guy who was scarred and hor
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 01, 2016 11:46AM

• The Heartbreak Cure
  • Pieces of You and Me
  • The First Kiss Hypothesis (The First Kiss Hypothesis #1)
  • Daring the Bad Boy
  • Offsetting Penalties
  • Rule #3: You Can't Kiss Your Best Friend (The Rules of Love #3)
  • Popularity is Just an Equation
  • Finding Perfect (Finding Perfect #1)
  • My Summer Mistake (Sweet Mountain High, #1)
  • The Girlfriend Request
  • Resisting the Rebel
  • When It Happens
  • We Are the Perfect Girl
  • #TheBoyfriendDare (#BestFriendsForever, #4)
  • #TheRealCinderella
  • The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
  • Breaking the Rules of Revenge
  • Rule #4: You Can't Misinterpret a Mistletoe Kiss (The Rules of Love #4)
Sara Hantz was born in Northampton, England, the eldest of four children (she has three younger brothers). School and Sara weren’t a match made in heaven. She was bored a lot of the time, and it seemed much more fun to dream up ways of disrupting lessons than to actually pay attention. Which could explain why she was always in trouble! But she redeemed herself later, when at twenty-one she went ba ...more