Start by marking “Deadly Intent (Deadly Communications #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Intent (Deadly Communications #2)

Deadly Intent

(Deadly Communications #2)

Everyone belongs somewhere. The key to happiness is recognizing that place when you get there.

Maven Morris has lost her way. A childless widow, she has no immediate family. Forced into a medical leave, she has no career. At loose ends, she hasn’t a clue what’s next for her.

Her neighbor, Paul Jordan knows what he wants—to move their friendship to a new level. Maven may no
Published August 20th 2015 by Pelican Ventures Book Group - Harbourlight Books

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Intent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Intent

Becky
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who are You?

SEE THIS ON MY BLOG: http://bookreadingtic.com/2015/08/24/...

One dark night, a small boy who doesn't speak is found naked, and abandoned, in a local park. Suddenly, Maven, a widow on medical leave, finds herself the foster mother for this mystery child.

Maven has never had children or been a part of the foster system. However, her social worker friend Lizzie, believes Maven and this child are perfect for each other. Plus, the boy's erratic behavior has worn down everyone else.

Has she
Kathleen Friesen
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lillian Duncan’s Deadly Intent is a quick read, and that’s a good thing, because I started reading it, I couldn’t put it down. When speech therapist Maven meets the abandoned, silent little boy, her reluctance to help dissipates.
But as she, her friend Lizzie, and Paul search for the boy’s family, they are plunged into a horror no one would suspect. I appreciated the way Ms. Duncan pulled me into the terror without using graphic language. The story’s tension kept my nerves taut, and while I wish
Pam
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Maven Morris is asked to foster an abandoned young boy with obvious behavior problems, she resists until she meets him and feels an undeniable connection. Maven begins to gain the boy’s trust and is beginning to love him when the unexpected happens and she finds herself in the middle of a deadly situation.

I thoroughly enjoyed “Deadly Intent” with its rapidly escalating suspense and tension. The story was well written with true-to-life characters. I liked the way Maven and Paul and their fri
Becky Lewis
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Christian Romantic Suspense!!

Lillian Duncan I is a new- to- me author, but I will definitely be checking out other books besides Deadly Intent. My heart rate is still elevated after finishing this heart-rending story of a little foster boy who goes missing from his reluctant single hostess. Duncan shows us the depths of depravity of man without exposing the reader to language or objectionable scenes. Sweet romance and reliance on God are welcome topics for this reader. If you get a rush fr
Ann
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author is one of my favorite authors of Christian suspense novels and she didn't disappoint with this one. The combination of wonderful characters and a story line that kept me on the edge of my seat made for a read that wouldn't let me put it down after I had started it. This is another mixture of romance, faith and suspense from this author that I definitely recommend to anyone that enjoys good Christian suspense.
Robin
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful suspense book. The tension was built layer by layer and I felt as though my heart would pound out of my body by the conclusion. Maven is a wonderful character and her neighbor, Paul, quite the great neighbor even though he would like to be more than friends. Add Moses to the mix and things really begin happening. This is a very well written clean story and I highly recommend it. I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Gloria B Bonner
Mar 26, 2016
Sharon
Dec 10, 2015
Deborah Wyatt
Sep 09, 2015
Nadine
rated it did not like it
May 25, 2017
Nov 02, 2015
Maritza
Aug 24, 2015
Lillian Duncan
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
April
Keri Delahay
Dec 27, 2018
Jeanna Massman
Aug 08, 2019
Lillian lives in a small town in Ohio with her husband. She writes the type of books she loves to read--mystery and suspense with a touch or two of romance!

Deadly Communications (3 books)
  • Deadly Communications (Deadly Communications #1)
  • Deadly Silence (Deadly Communications #3)