Start by marking “Johnny Mutton, He's So Him!” as Want to Read:
Johnny Mutton, He's So Him!

Johnny Mutton, He's So Him!

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Johnny Mutton, that crazy sheep in boy's clothing, rides again. This time he's saving the universe from the Sweet Baby Doll 5000, bobbing for broccoli at his best friend's birthday party, and spreading world peace with cupcakes. But whatever the adventure, Johnny's incredible zest for all that is ordinary showcases why he's so him--and why no one can resist his zany charm. ...more
Published April 1st 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published April 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Mutton, He's So Him!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Mutton, He's So Him!

elissa
Jan 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Captain Underpants lovers
3 1/2 stars. Great for Captain Underpants readers! We can use all the books we can get for this brand of silly humor-loving boy reader (which I have one of in my own home). It's much shorter than Captain Underpants, though. It's cartoons (slightly reminiscent of Life in Hell, but for little kids), but I don't know whether to call it a picture book or a GN. They're the shape of an easy reader, but I don't think they belong in the easy reader section, due to a few difficult words.
Michelle
Mar 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Johnny Mutton books are some of our most favorite ever!! Our entire family loves them and we all have many parts memorized!! These books are a refreshing alternative to disgusting (even though I know my kids love them ) Captain Underpants books. They're not at long, or probably as challenging to read, but if you love good, clean humor, THESE books are great!!
Marcia
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: grades 2-3
Funny! Johnny Mutton is a sheep disguised as a boy. There are five stories In this early reader, told in a simplified graphic novel style. I appreciated that the humor wasn't mean spirited and snarky, but kid-appropriate. Great choice for Captain Underpants fans, reluctant readers and tough-customer boys in particularl.
Pearl Miller
May 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOSH this book rocks! Me and hannah read this book in silent reading time in fourth grade, and we started laughing so hard that everybody started staring at us. It is the best picture book ever!
It was probably only funny cause we were immature back then
like probably none of my friends would think it was funny, but i think it is hilarious
Shelli
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Fantastic graphic novel series for young readers. Kids that want to read Captain Underpants, but are not quite ready can enjoy Johnny Mutton. Hysterical characters in silly situations will make even the most reluctant readers library regulars searching for me Mutton!
B
Sep 29, 2008 rated it liked it
includes lots of humorous cartoons.
Amanda Wel
Part of a series. Comic book style.
Kathryn
Aug 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-my-boys
My boys were not quite ready for this book. We may check it out again down the road. They both walked away while I was reading it aloud but I finished anyway. Very funny read.
Sarah W
Jan 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Possibly the greatest book ever written.
Jilliane