Start by marking “Spectrums & Apertures” as Want to Read:
Spectrums & Apertures

Spectrums & Apertures

Spectrums & Apertures is a poetry collection that explores the perceptions and conflicts of birth, life, love, place, religion, and death. The poems are fragments of life, in the way we experience ourselves in our various roles and relationships, and how we are impacted by the ripples we create and eventually come full circle.
Published August 21st 2015 by Andrea McKenzie Raine

To ask other readers questions about Spectrums & Apertures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spectrums & Apertures

Richard
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
It's a shame that kindle protects this old man from reading this book of poetry in a shared space. We read them at school, then marvel at song lyrics and slowly loose the sense of tone, of rhyme and reason. Especially men as poems tend towards love sonnets and valentine verse.
Spectrums & Apertures is a celebration of life; written by an author whose prose has already enthralled me, so her spun words hold no fear and challenge my masculinity and years since my youth. A journey I am prepared
P.S. Winn
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great collection of poems that will leave the reader with interesting and beautiful pictures in their mind. About life, from birth to death. and poems that tell stories about the world around us, the author has done a great job creating a collection that is great to read over and over. I was torn between a four and five star review and think that readers should grab this and decide for themselves, definitely a book to grab.
James Sillwood
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of poems dealing with birth, life, love, relationships, death and nature. The author writes in such a vivid, imaginative way that the reader can easily relate to them.
There are several here involving birth, and life with a young child. The poem, 4 a.m, describes perfectly the magical yet exhausting experience of being awake late at night with a new born baby.

A ship's horn on the edge of morning calls me to rise as the sun sleeps
Your beacon cry draws me from dream
Cheryl Alsippi
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book of poetry. Andrea portrays perfectly the emotions, trials and joys of living. I loved the reality in the poems and connected with many. My two favorite poems were November in Translation and The Lake. Thought-provoking poetry that tugged at my emotions and uncovered memories with the turn of every page. This is not your grandmother's nursery rhymes--in a good way.
Andrea
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A review on Amazon -- https://www.amazon.com/review/REFBVHV...

This is a book of poems beautifully written by Author Andrea McKenzie Raine. I enjoyed them all, but especially enjoyed The Lake and also , Willow. The Lake brought back my childhood days with my parents at their lake home. Willow describes the beauty of the tree and its view point of the things around it. There are several poems that the words brought out memories in me I thought were hidden with age. I enjoyed this book, and I'm loo
Linda Wells
Jessica
May 15, 2017
Anneke van Dijken
Mar 07, 2018
Andrea McKenzie Raine was born in Smithers, BC and grew up in Victoria, BC where she still resides. She was enrolled in the Creative Writing program and earned a B.A. in English Literature at the University of Victoria in 2000, and completed a post-degree Public Relations certificate program. She has attended the successful Planet Earth Poetry reading series (formerly known as Mocambopo) in Victor ...more