Start by marking “Taking a Gamble (Taking on Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taking a Gamble (Taking on Love, #1)

Taking a Gamble

(Taking on Love #1)

It was only supposed be a little harmless fun, a road trip to Las Vegas to prove to everyone that she’s not boring. Instead, Marcy wakes up in a hotel room with her best friend’s brother. Worse, they’re wearing nothing but matching rings! Now, Marcy has to decide if she’s going to take a gamble on Nick or walk away from the best thing she never saw coming.
Published August 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Taking a Gamble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking a Gamble

Start your review of Taking a Gamble (Taking on Love, #1)
(Nat) Reading Romances
It’s no joke. Marcy and I got married.”

“So, um, how did you end up doing something like that?”

Nick smiled at Tom’s bumbling attempt at discretion. “That is a long story.”

What drove me to Taking a Gamble was the blurb. When I started reading I wasn't sure if this story would be my cup of tea, but it ended up being a great surprise. This novel is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone. No cliffhangers.

The hero and heroine have an amazing chemistry together and it was refreshing to see
Boundless Book Reviews
This is a spin off series of the Time for Love series that starts with This Time.  This is a total standalone book however we see a lot of the same characters for the Time for Love series.

Marcy who is one of Danni’s and Chelsea’s best friends (from Time for Love series).  She is down in the dumps because all her friends are getting married and finding the men of their dreams.  Here Marcy is basically single with no prospects for her future Mr. Right.

Nick, overhears a pretty embarrassing convers
Reflections of a Book Geek
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r, arc-from-author
4 Stars

This is the first book from this author that I have read but i have to say it will definitely not be the last! I feel like I should have read the other’s in the series beforehand since I didn’t really get the whole dynamics of the others characters but I don’t think it really took away from Marcy and Nick’s story.

I was sucked straight into this book and I found that I couldn’t put it down. I really enjoyed the authors style of writing and the story flowed really well.

So we have Marcy who
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
*A copy was given in exchange for an honest review*
(Reviewed by Cathy Stansell from Rochelle's Reviews)
This book is a spin off from the Trish Edmisten's Time for Love Series.
When I began reading this novel I was curious to see how a love story would be in the big gambling city. I was pleasantly surprised that it was full of passion and sweet tender love. Who would believe that two people could wake up in bed, find themselves married in Vegas, and actually make a go of it.
The novel itself was ha
xXdemolitionloverXx xXdemolitionloverXx
I loved Taking A Gamble. I've read the books that came before this one. The characters were very familiar to me. Coming in to the story, I more or less knew what to expect. The thing was, I didn't really know much of these characters. I liked Marcy from the other books. She was a solid character. In Taking A Gamble, we saw other sides of her. She didn't feel as stiff as we saw her from the point of view of Chelsea and Dani. I loved that. And Nick, don't even get me started. In Like You Mean It, ...more
Themis
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
New author

A sweet romantic story with a few hiccups at work Marcy and Nick eventually found love and the right path to their future.
Tiffany Hernandez
Oct 18, 2017
Cassandra
Aug 21, 2015
Micki Roberts
rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2020
Veronica
Oct 14, 2015
Reading Romances: Taking a Gamble by Trish Edmisten 5 16 Oct 20, 2015 08:12PM

Taking on Love (4 books)
  • Taking a Chance (Taking on Love, #2)
  • Taking a Risk (Taking on Love #3)
  • Taking Another Shot (Taking on Love #4)

News & Interviews