Start by marking “Lorelai, You'll never Die” as Want to Read:
Lorelai, You'll never Die

Lorelai, You'll never Die

Lorelai is a woman with many stories to tell.

She was just a promiscuous secretary at the county evidence locker…until the apocalypse.

Alone and wandering the country, she finds herself searching for something...something she can’t define. She’s not alone out there. On her journey, she will meet many strange characters; some, like her, are only trying to survive, others,
Published August 19th 2015 by Dryden House (first published July 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Lorelai, You'll never Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lorelai, You'll never Die

Start your review of Lorelai, You'll never Die
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4 Cranky Stars!

The work is a post-apocalyptic compilation of short stories depicting situations after the event. The titular character, Lorelai, was once a promiscuous secretary at the county evidence locker. Now, she wanders alone in the country in search of something she is not quite sure about.

Encountering different types of people, some freaks, some crazy, some trying to survive, and some, like
Rana
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of Lorelai, You'll Never Die from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! What a tale of grit and determination. The story follows Lorelai, an apocalyptic survivor, who is on a mission to reach the west, and what she encounters on that journey. The book is comprised of chapters that are retold by Lorelai to a stranger that she has met. I liked Lorelai's humor and snarkiness and admired her honesty. I occasionally had a hard time following a few of the chapt
Rebecca Rogers
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review
What an amazing story of resilience and determination. In this post apocalyptic she does whatever she must to survive because in this new world it was kill or be eaten. This is a must read as you follow Lorelai through this epic journey.
Joel Stottlemire
Loved it so much I published it.
Jess
Find all of my reviews on my blog.

I was really pleased to receive a copy of this for review, because Laura is a writing friend of mine. Over the years I've seen her grow and flourish as a writer, and when it comes to writing science fiction and post-apocalyptic fiction, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Laura has her very own shelf in the science fiction section in years to come.

This isn't/>I
AK Mama Reads
Lorelai, You’ll Never Die will never be forgotten. Blending witty sarcasm and the quest for emotional connection with the brutal atrocities of the post-apocalyptic country, this story is presented in such an original format that you are left with an eerie feeling long after you’ve clicked off the last page.
At times I was utterly mystified, soon to be made all too aware of the gravity of the situation in which Lorelai would find herself. The jarring beginning serves as the rocky foundation on wh
Damian Roache
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How do I tell you about this wonderful book without spoiling all of the fun parts? (Like the part with the axe!) I’ll tell you what it is and what it is not, and maybe you’ll begin to understand what made it such an enjoyable read.

Lorelai, You’ll Never Die is the story of one badass woman on a journey westward, through the remains of a once-thriving country that’s been ravaged by a series of catastrophes so traumatic, that what’s left is only wasteland. There’s a certain amount of am
Kelly
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll start by saying that this author has a ton of potential. The issue that I had with this story is that it was hard to follow. It jumped from past to present and from one group of people to another. With that said with some fine tuning this could be a best seller.
Loralai finds herself fighting to survive a post apocalypse world. With humans doing what they think is right to survive any sort of law and order is thrown out the window. Not knowing who's friend or foe she arms herself to th
Kelly
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did like this book. Its easy to follow for the most part. there was a couple stories I didnt at first understand how they tied into the story of lorlai but as you read along it all ties in some how or another. Theres still some things that confuse me but cant really put them in this review or it will give away parts of the story and I like for you to read them and make your own opinions. I would recommend this book to read for adults. its one of those books that I believe you could discuss for ...more
Don Van
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I liked it so much I submitted art for the cover. Mine wasn't the one chosen, but I still really enjoyed the read.

This is Mad Max from a woman's perspective. You get to watch a simple secretary, (think Loni Anderson from WKRP) transform in to Barb Wire and then continue on to Furiosa.

One thing to remember, it's a series of short stories that she's telling a stranger. Just a readers hunch
Meredyth Winter
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, Lorelai is a strong female protagonist and does what she must to survive, But she does not lay down and let herself be abused. storyline is solid and easy to read and fall into. will read this author again. I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review.
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I consider myself slightly biased, but I enjoyed writing and putting this book together as much as I hope people enjoy reading it :)
Heavenly
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I have to admit: the first few chapters got me so confused I almost stopped reading. But I'm so glad I am a stubborn person and I just hate leaving a book unfinished. So I sucked it up and finished it. And I'm so glad I did!

Lorelai, is sarcastic and extremely determined female. One of the few who survived the end of the world. She quickly learns how to survive, but also soon she decides that she wants to LIVE it.
My Bookbag by Karen
I was taken in by Lorelai’s gritty journey. The collection of short stories combined to provide a mostly cohesive book. I developed a respect for the evolution of her character and appreciated the imagination of the quest. I wished that the scene from the train had been incorporated somehow into the end of the book. It would have made more sense to me.

There were some of the stories that seemed as though they did not belong with Lorelai’s journey, at all, and they detracted from the f
Stephanie Almeida
I finished this book today and I finished it pretty fast. I enjoyed the little snippets of stories inside the main plot. I enjoy Lorelai very much and think she's super great.
Christian Terry