Start by marking “Ignite (The Sisters #2)” as Want to Read:
Ignite (The Sisters #2)

Ignite

(The Sisters #2)

Fiery artist, Frankie Cain, hopes that her latest move to the East Coast would be her last. She’s been on the run for over twelve months, but can’t fight the feeling she’s never getting away from her powerful, abusive ex.
Hot, Fire Chief, Hardy Hanson, can’t resist a woman in need of a rescue, but when he collides head on with Frankie, he discovers she’s not the only one o
Published September 19th 2015 by Butterfly Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ignite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ignite

Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

This was such a good book. Very sweet and highly emotional, this author gave us a beautiful romance that was told us a story of two broken people finding healing and love from their pasts. This book will speak deep in your soul and makes you a believer in second chances. This author is new to me and I will definitely be looking forward to the future books in this series. This book is a standalone and offers readers a beautiful happy ending that will leave you smiling big.

This is Frankie
Mignon Mykel
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a copy of the title from author in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 / 5 stars

Without taking anything away from Holly Mortimer, I would like to say after reading IGNITE, I'd like to retract my 4.5-star rating of BLINDSIDED and give it either a heavy 3.5 or light 4, because IGNITE?

IGNITE blew me away.

Where BLINDSIDED didn't hold my attention for long and it took me time to read, I was transported to the beach that IGNITE takes place at, and was so engrossed in the shy-but-could-be-feisty
Imy Santiago
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Ignite” by the talented Holly Mortimer has easily landed itself as one of my favorite reads of 2015. I dove into this story blindly—I didn’t read its synopsis so I had no idea what it was about. I will tell you, though…I knew I would love its premise as soon as I finished the first chapter.

“He stifled my creative soul and pushed me farther away from my true self.”
—Frankie Cain in Ignite by Holly Mortimer

“Ignite” tells the story of a young artist by the name of Frankie Cain who is living on
Alicia Peek
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*some abusive content that could be a trigger and some sexual moments*

I was given this Arc book in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author and anyone else affiliated.

Holly Mortimer is fairly new to me and with all things new, you never know what to expect. While discovering this new adventurer, I found that the pen and thoughts of Holly Mortimer was guided with heart, sarcasm, and a world that introduces 2nd changes to characters with rough beginnings.

Brace yourself for
PT
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 soul burning stars

France's Cain is a woman on the run. After escaping an abusive relationship the only thing Frankie is concerned with is evading her abusive ex and staying alive. She doesn't stay in one city for too long so making friends isn't a concern for her.

Hardy Hanson, local fire chief, attracts women like moths to a flame. But, Hardy doesn't have room for the women around town who throw themselves at him- he focuses all of his attention on working and keeping his crew safe. That is u
Sassy Southern
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ignite by Holly Mortimer is the first book I have read by her. Frankie has moved to the east coast to run from her past. Her takes this time to work on her art. She paints and runs along the beach to escape from the nightmare she left behind. She feels like she will always be running because of her past. What she didn't expect was to literally be run over by Chuck. Of course Chuck is a friendly take but his owner is even friendly and non other than the chief of the fire department Hardy Hanson. ...more
Geri
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story so much! It is the story of Frankie who has been suffering from abuse of one form or another for years and with the help of her two best friends gets away. She knows she needs to keep moving because the alternative would be the end of her. What she never expected was to go out to the beach one day and have a giant dog fall in love with her and when she meets the dog's owner she begins to feel things she hasn't felt in years, if ever. Hardy has been dealing with his own demons ...more
Renee Entress
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 star

This is Frankie and Hardy’s story. On the run from her past she now spends time working on her art. While out running she meets Hardy. Hardy is also running from his past. The more they get to know each other the more the trust flows. But can Frankie ever really trust Hardy or will she have to keep her heart protected in case she has to run again? Or will the past interfere with the future these two could have had? Can Frankie face her past if she ever wants to work on a future?

I felt I w
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This the first reading anything by this author and Oh this is a great book. Author Holly Mortimer has done a fabulous job writing this lovely touching story, I got this book from the author for an honest review. And I have to say Frankie and Hardy story was very heartwarming read . These two characters are just amazing the way Holly Mortimer writes their storyline was out of this world ,how she weaves her magic is great. The passion and strength was amazing between them, I highly recommend to gi ...more
Jill
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy freaking shit. I loved this book! I have been so bored with the same hum drum bla bla blahhh books. Holly went above and beyond. I bought this book few hours ago and i just had to finish!!! So I say this just please read. Yes it has a few grammar issues well as other things but I do not regret!! I love Frankie. And Hardy is the badass among all!!! Thanks for a great read! I plan to keep Ms. Holly in my future reads!!
Morgan Cross
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway and was so excited to read it!

This book is the first book I have read by this author and I seriously can't wait to read more of her work! I loved this book. It was a very sweet heartfelt book. I absolutely loved the characters in this book as well. There were some grammar mistakes, but I don't feel that it took away from the book at all! Such a great book and I definitely recommend reading it!!
Jill
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Sister's series. I really enjoyed this book. The characters were great and it was well written. This is Frankie and Hardy’s story. Frankie is on the run from her past when she meets Hardy. Hardy is also running from his past. The more they get to know each other the more the trust flows.

I recommend this book and this author.
Kristy Taylor
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Holly Mortimer you truly out did yourself! So proud of you!! Love you lots! Keep writing! Lucky to have such an amazingly talented best friend!
Diane plourde
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book was offered to me by Holly Mortimer in collaboration with Enticing Journey Book Promotions in exchange for an honest review. This is my 4 hot stars for Ignite by Holly Mortimer. This author is fairly new to me, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't disappointed in the least. The interesting blurb is what made me give this book a chance.

We have Frankie who's running from her past. She became the one person she vowed to never be, a victim. She's escaping from a physical and emotion
Bridgett
This was a great story of loss and tragedy and second chances. Frankie is running from an abusive ex…Hardy has also experienced a heartbreaking loss. Apart, they’re just existing. Together, they start to live again.

“Who’d have thought getting run down by a dog would lead to me coming out of the dark and welcoming a bit of the light.”

The obstacle will be convincing Frankie to take a chance again, to stand up for herself and stop running. Not an easy task but Hardy is up for the challenge and he’l
Lynn Brooks
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming story about two lost souls finding their second chance at love, and taking the chance when they are terrified of feeling the hurt and loss again.

Frankie thrives on quiet. Being alone and closed off is how she survives. The terror of him finding her lives inside her.

Hardy Hanson fights his memories on a daily basis. He isn't looking to move forward, but the minute he lays eyes on Frankie, he knows he was destined to meet her. Can he convince her that in his arms, she's safe?

** Rece
Sue
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book in a series, but can stand alone. Frankie and Hardy both have pasts that are difficult to overcome. But Frankie's past doesn't want to stay there. It's this plot line that gives this book what it needs to set it apart from your typical fire fighter romance. I loved how open Hardy was with his emotions. Cause real men do cry! Overall, this is a very entertaining read.
Iricha
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Enjoy the friendship of this series very much. The way friends become sisters for life. The epilogue was very short for my taste. I would love to know a little more about this happy ending.
Sara
Lynne
Jan 10, 2016
Sharron
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. Really enjoyed the book
Talya Hearin
Feb 24, 2017
Kimberley
Feb 13, 2016

• One Size Fits All
  • Between the Secrets
  • Fire and Ice (Sticks & Hearts, #2)
  • Lessons of the Past
  • Evanescent Ink
  • Bare Knuckle Bear (Ultimate Shifting Championship, #1)
  • This Time (Timeless Love, #1)
  • When I'm Weak (Mile High Romance, #2)
  • Finding Perseverance (Unexpected Love #3)
  • Onyx Unleashed
  • Deadly Hunt (Deadly #1)
  • White Noise (Unexpected #2)
  • Cruel Temptation
  • True North
  • Illuminate the Shadows (Shatterproof Bond, #2)
  • In Sickness and In Elf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #1)
  • Only For Your Touch
  • Praise Her, Praise Diana

The Sisters (3 books)
  • Blindsided (The Sisters Series #1)
  • Worlds Apart (Murphy's Law #1; The Sisters #3)