Start by marking “Bedmates (American Royalty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bedmates (American Royalty, #1)

Bedmates

(American Royalty #1)

From the bestselling author of Suddenly Royal comes the first in a sparkling new series about America’s favorite royal—the First Daughter.

Everyone makes mistakes, especially in college. But when you’re the daughter of the President of the United States, any little slip up is a huge embarrassment. Maddie McGuire’s latest error in judgment lands her in police custody, giving

Published October 4th 2016 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Bedmates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedmates

Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 stars!

A romance about the President’s daughter and the Vice President’s son. Maddie is an outspoken animal activist and Jake is a war veteran who always falls in line. After Maddie gets in trouble for breaking into an animal testing facility, she is put on tour helping out veterans. Jake and Maddie never really got along as kids, but as adults there is a spark between them.

Jake and Maddie embrace their feelings for each other, but when Jake receives bad news it threatens their relationship
FMABookReviews
❝Politics makes for interesting bedmates.❞

BEDMATES took me by surprise! What started out as sweet, cute and funny, enemies to lovers romance turned into an angst-filled, tearjerker. I didn't expect it and I loved it!

I loved the premise right away, the daughter of the U.S. President being wild and getting into trouble coupled with the angst associated with an injured veteran who just happens to be the U.S. VP's son --- it was a no-brainer that I would want to read it.

But the President's dau
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo ded2691c4b05bb5848c8a18c0dce32_zpshlh9vv6b.gif

Bedmates by Nichole Chase was a sweet political themed love story that took me by surprise. Wild child daughter of the US President and a the sexy confident son of the Vice President, who happens to be a combat vet. So can two American royalties find a common political ground in Washington DC?

#BedMates

The premise of the story of Maddie and Jake instantly had me glued to my kindle. I loved the interaction between these two as they both begin to see
Claire Robinson
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "No one else matters..." Stars!

Bedmates is the first book I have read by Nichole Chase, and also is the first book in her new American Royalty series, and I have to say I was mightily impressed with what I read.

I have to be honest and say I am not a huge lover of having a side of politics with my romantic reading, but the good thing about Bedmates is that you pretty much leave the realms of believably at the first chapter, what with fictional state visits from made-up countries and Princes a
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
THIS WAS GREAT! Super sweet! Lots of feels! I'm going with a 3.5 - 4 stars. Definitely recommended it for a quick, heart warming, sweet read!
★★★
Bedmates was a surprise in a good way. I listened to the audiobook as a way to pass time, not really excited about the synopsis, almost letting the title expire back to the library catalogue...but there were some pretty complex themes incorporated that made me very glad I gave it a go. I have unintentionally read an overflowing handful of books lately about veterans and the aftermath of their combat experiences and Bedmates is another. I always applaud authors for showing the nightmare that s
1-Click Addict Support Group
This book practically screamed my name. American royalty + wounded hero = Smack dab in the middle of Shelly's sweet spot.

For the most part - it did not disappoint. I felt all swoony over Maddie and Jake's story. It moved pretty quickly, but there were some pretty fantastic moments that allowed me to buy in. The banter is light and fun and the history that the couple shares lends credibility to how quickly their feelings formed. I was a little worried at the very beginning that I wouldn't warm t
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
And I have added a new author to my favorite authors list.

**UPDATE SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2016**

Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

This was the first book I ever read of Nichole Chase. I had bought one of her books at this year's Apollycon, but never got around to read it. I didn't know whether or not I would like her writing style or the story, but it called to me, so I was happy I got to read it. And even more happy when I fell head over heels with her writing and story.

Maddie is a character
Jessica
I received this book for free through LibraryThing's Early Reviewers.

I started reading this book way back in January and put it on hold for the longest time because I was in such a reading slump.

This was a nice and cute romance book. I did like that it touched upon PTSD which is a heavy subject and showed the effects that it can have. Overall, it didn't blow my mind, but it was still a good romance novel.
Jaime Arkin
When you first meet Maddie McGuire, you might think she’s just like every other college student who wants to make the world a better place. Her current situation, recently being arrested for breaking into a facility where they do testing on animals, puts her in a bit of a pickle. See, she’s not like other girls. She’s the daughter of the President of the United States of America. And her mistakes end up all over the news and cause her father a lot of embarrassment.

Jake Simmon has recently retur
Beth
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is not easy being the daughter of the President of the United States, especially when you are an independent young adult who happens to get into trouble every once in a while. Well, this time Maddie McGuire got herself in deep when is caught breaking into a lab that uses animals for experiments.

Maddie is given community service. Her service helping to promote a new program that builds homes for returning Veterans of War. Maddie loves the idea to help the veterans out but her chosen co-promot
Jessica Alcazar
OMG people ...... THE FEELS!!

Let me tell you what I LOVE ... I love reading a story that is progressing nicely with warmth and feelings and then BAM, your heart is gutted and you're a blubbering mess ... you've been warned!

What attracted me to this story was the main characters. I mean we've all read stories of the first daughter/son before ... but I myself have never read a story where the leads were the children of the President and Vice President. And I was intrigued at the certain impendi
Karen Mc
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You know how it is. Politics makes for interesting bedmates.”

In D.C., politics is served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Politics is everywhere! Growing up in the D.C. suburbs of Virginia, I could not help but live and breathe politics—whether I wanted to or not. Oh did I loathe the dishonest and dirty D.C. politics.

“Living in D.C. required the ability to see the strings attached to everything behind the scenes, the lies, and the manipulations.”

If showcased in a romance book, I can love
Jessi
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Mehr auf: http://xobooksheaven.wordpress.com/

Inhalt:

Du bist alles, was ich nicht bin. Und trotzdem will ich nur dich.
Die junge Madeline will die Welt verändern und schießt dabei gern mal über das Ziel hinaus. Als sie nach einer Rettungsaktion in Polizeigewahrsam genommen wird, hat ihr Vater, der Präsident der Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika, endgültig genug. Maddie muss Sozialstunden ableisten – ausgerechnet bei Jake Simmon. Der Sohn der Vizepräsidentin und sie könnten unterschiedlicher nicht se
Katrin Schäfer
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
American Royals - Wer wir auch sind
von Nichole Chase
LYX
Cover:
Wirkt edel
Rezension:
„Sie entstammen den beiden mächtigsten Familien der Welt. Sie haben nur sich. Und doch können sie nicht zusammen sein. Jeder macht Fehler. Doch Maddie McGuires Fehler lösen meist mittelschwere Staatsaffären aus. Als sie für eine Nacht im Gefängnis landet, ist das Maß bei ihrem Vater - dem Präsidenten der Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika - voll. Zur Strafe soll sie Sozialstunden ableisten - außgerechnet bei Jake Simmo
Carmen Rae
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
First I need to admit that I am a Nicole Chase virgin, I had no idea what to expect from this novel. But I thought it sounded like a fun, enemies to friends kind of thing with some laughs and lightness and a little bit of drama and emotion.

Damn I should be sick of always being wrong but it feels like I keep getting some great reads out of my mistakes. This book started out sweet and funny and I loved the instant chemistry between Jake and Maddy, so much so that when Jake did someone stupid afte
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Take an enemies-to-lovers romance, throw in a dash of a forbidden relationship, add wounded war veterans and an adorable dog, and you have a pretty awesome basis for a story. Bedmates takes all of these things and combines them into a very sweet story that is sometimes heavy and heartbreaking.

Madeline is the President’s daughter who’s more free-spirited and rebellious than the perfection expected of her. She’s seen as an impulsive screw up after being arrested for her activism. Maddie loves her
Beneath The Covers Blog
WOW! . . . . a captivating and alluring must read!

American royalty + wounded vet = steamy and sexy love story! Bedmates hit the mark in all the right places. Intrigue, passion, turmoil...the unfathomable emotions just flow from the pages!

The chemistry between Maddie and Jake was perfect! Their shared history with each other made for an entertaining read, along with their banter and sarcasm. They both have something to prove in their own way. Maddie doesn't want to be known as just the President'
Oct 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 19%
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
“You’re a bright star in a sea of black.”

OMG!!!! Just finished this baby in the blink of an eye. This book is not what I expected at all. It is SO SO MUCH MORE!!!! When I read the blurb, I had it in my mind that the story is like the Chasing Liberty movie starring Mandy Moore…. I know, I know… I am crazy! But anyway, the heroine and hero in this book are so much more mature and complex and the story is absolutely thoughtful and heartfelt.

Maddie is the daughter of the President so it is hard to d
Sheryl C. Nash
My FIRST book by this author and I absolutely LOVED and ADORED IT!!!

But now, how am I supposed to wait a WHOLE YEAR for the next book!!!! I need it now!!!!!
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Absolutely loved!

Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
Ali
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bedmates is my first Nichole Chase book. It’s also the fourth “royalty” book I’ve read, in a row. Obviously, this theme is becoming quite a trend for 2016. One I won’t be complaining about!

Maddie is the president’s daughter, American Royalty by birth but free spirit and extremely empathetic by nature. She does not quite fit the political mold. She’s slightly wild and one ill thought out plan lands her in legal hot water. As an attempt to save a little face, daddy and his vice president hatch a p
Grüffeline
Im Krieg gab es keine Gewinner. Jeder, egal auf welcher Seite, wurde auf irgendeine Art verletzt.

Im Nachhinein frage ich mich wirklich, warum ich das Buch überhaupt in die Hand genommen habe. War nicht wirklich meine Geschichte und obwohl Maddie und Jake als Charaktere nicht übel waren, waren mir Tony, Cyrus und seine Frau sehr viel näher und mir nicht ganz so egal.
Warum dann immer noch drei Sterne, mag man sich jetzt fragen. Danach sah es lange nicht aus. Trotz des soliden Schreibstils hat
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I first read this book waaaaaaay back in July. Yes, July. I just failed massively at writing my review at that point. I loved the book so much the first time around, I decided to buy the audiobook and read it again. I loved it every bit as much the second time around. The only difference is that this time I'm writing a review and sharing my feelings about it with you.

I've enjoyed Nichole's books so much in the past. When I saw the cover and read
Jessica
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
When I read the summary for this book, it sounded like so much fun! I mean, she's the president's daughter who gets arrested and he's the vice president's son who she's forced to do community service with. I smell a yummy romance!

As the daughter of the president of the United States, Maddie McGuire can't afford to make a mistake. So when she's arrested for standing up for what she believes in, her father's people have to fix her image. Fast. After recently returning from Afghanistan and losing
Pam Nelson
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Bedmates Stars

I wanted more from the story I feel like if Maddie had been more herself like she was in the middle of the book I would have liked this book a lot more.

I liked Jake don’t get me wrong he was pretty awesome but he was a little whinny, he knew how is mother was yet he didn’t do anything until the end of the book. He HAD to have known his mother was going to get to Maddie once they started something.. Grrrrr MEN.

I loved the shelter part of the book I wished we had more of that,
Luzie
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review may contain SPOILERS!
I finished this book on friday already, but because I read this in a read-along, I had to follow the rules and could not write a review until today. So this was a rollercoaster book, let me explain. This book I read in three parts. Part One was extremely romantic and I fell in love with the characters, especially Maddie and Jake, the main characters. They also shared the most romantic of all first kisses, at least I think so. I was aslo positively surprised by th
Roxanne
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the author and publisher (via Edelweiss) for the free review copy in exchange for my honest opinion!

This is my first book by Nichole Chase, and there was quite a lot about it that I really enjoyed. For one thing, the steam between the two main characters was a lot more intense than I was expecting, and definitely a cut above. The author also doesn't shy away from some very heavy topics, such as PTSD in returning military personnel and animal rights. There were a few things that I wi
Rachmi Febrianty

It’s been a while since I read Nichole Chase books, Suddenly series, and I mostly forgot about it but it’s nice to meet two of the characters again here. And reading them again now made me want to reread the series.

It’s the story and the characters in the book that I made me really liked it, though. Not the appearance of Samantha and Alex D'Lynsal, though it didn’t hurt, far from it, to know that they are still in love and have a beautiful family.

So this is a story about the daughter o

• In Too Deep (The Triple Horn Brand, #2)
  • Ignite (Wildwood, #1)
  • One More Shot (Hometown Players, #1)
  • Dance with Me (Dance Off, #2)
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • Falling for Danger (Capital Confessions, #3)
  • Knight of Wands (Knights of the Tarot, #1)
  • Tykota's Woman
  • Out of Time (The Lost Platoon, #3)
  • Memento Mori
  • His Wicked Revenge (Short Story)
  • Improper Relations (Improper, #1)
  • Saving Grace (Saving Grace, #1)
  • Breaking Her Rules (Beyond the Cage, #1)
  • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
  • Hooked on Trouble (Over the Top #3)
  • Negligee Behavior
  • A Match Made at Christmas (Christmas in New York, #4)
Author Bio:

Nichole Chase is a daydreamer. No, really, just ask any of the math teachers that had the misfortune of seeing her name appear on their class schedule. For years she has had story lines and characters begging for attention, but she resolutely pushed them aside to focus on more normal (read, boring) jobs. Well, no longer! She is currently heeding the voices in her head and frantically wr

American Royalty (2 books)
  • Crossing Lines (American Royalty #2)