Start by marking “Introducing Super Sporty” as Want to Read:
Introducing Super Sporty

Introducing Super Sporty

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Sporty and her best friend, Harley, are two young horses who play basketball for Horsecitty's professional team called the Shorthorns. They're also superheroes.

"Introducing Super Sporty" contains their first two adventures in one book.

In "Super Sporty: Horses Might Fly," two new horses join the Horsecitty basketball team, but Sporty is suspicious when they can't throw or
Published June 13th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Introducing Super Sporty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introducing Super Sporty

Ana Meyer
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super Horses and Aliens how can one go wrong? This author doesn't. This is a cute book following super powered horses who have to fight evil aliens. It is easy to read and would be suitable for a child who is on their way to becoming reading proficient. The cute illustrations throughout the book help to keep a child's eye on the book and were very entertaining for me. I saw there is a whole series of books in this line so you have a set of characters with multiple books and storylines so your ch ...more
Wendy Unsworth
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Introducing Super Sporty is a book of two fun stories about horses who play on a professional basketball team. The two main characters also happen to be superheroes!
There is a lot to like about this fun idea for a children's book. The author has come up with something a little bit different and I could see a series like this really taking off with its mix of funny, horse characters and diabolical aliens. The descriptions of life at the Horsecitty Basketball Complex are witty. The horses have ap
Charity at OnMyKindleBR
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The premise of Introducing Super Sporty is fun and cute! Sporty and Harley are two superhero horses who play basketball, live in apartments, eat waffles for breakfast, and change into their superhero outfits before flying off to fight evil.

I enjoyed how the superheroes' lifestyles were described in detail, and thought that the characters that Sporty and Harley interacted with were colorful and fun. I also liked that both books contained morals about teamwork and the price for betraying a teamma
Sam Savelli
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super Sporty is a unique series that combines basketball and superheroes in telling the adventures of two horses- Sporty and Harley- and their friends. While the basketball scenes and the superhero missions, at times, feel like they could belong to two different stories, the mix of action and normality works well.
The two stories in this collection are simple tales of the superhero horses stopping a threat to the universe. I like how, as the series goes on, the stories seem to get a little more c
Jocelyn Sanchez
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'll admit, I twenty but I enjoy reading children's books from time to time. When I was asked to review this book, I checked out the blurb and was interested in the plot of the book, so I wanted to give it a shot. I really liked the plot of the two stories, because this book comes with two stories.

The idea of horses, superheroes, and aliens sounds like it's too much for a children's book, but it's actually a lot of fun to read and very creative. Who doesn't love horses and aliens?

I really enjoye
Elspeth Hall
Apr 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Basketball, Superheroes, Horses a unique combination brought together with surprising results.

Despite the rather clunky start this story contains some nice well rounded characters and a good plot line. The reading is much easier once you get to chapter 2 and well worth the perseverance. My daughter (4) enjoyed the story so much it has sparked something of a superhero fever. I would love to see this republished as a picture book or at least with a full page illustration every 3rd page. But NOT wi
Gita Reddy
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Introducing Super Sporty is the first book in a series about two basketball loving superheroes who happen to be horses. Sporty and Harley have their hands / hooves full when mean aliens kidnap their friend as part of an elaborate plan to rule the universe.
What I liked about the book was the goofiness that runs through it. Very soon the reader knows he is in for a crazy, fun-filled ride designed by a super-imaginative writer.
Recommended for anyone looking for a short, enjoyable read.
Disclaimer:
Bethany Lopez
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A whimsical set of stories for Middle Grade readers that is sure to entertain boys and girls alike. A great concept for a series that could continue on with many fun adventures for the animal, and superhero, lover. The illustrations were the only issue for me. I'd love to see something a little more appealing.
Susan
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Horses as superheroes? Yes! Sporty and Harley are two fun-loving horses who play basketball and also happen to be superheroes who are trying to save the world. Full of imagination and humor, this series is a good choice for kids who are early readers.
Saradia Chatterjee
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sporty and Harley are two superhero horses who are also great basketball players. The stories in the Super Sporty series involve the adventures of these Super-horses. The first book in the series introduces Sporty, Harley and their friends—how they fight a whole bunch of aliens, how they try to win very important basketball matches and how they party!
This book is great fun! The concept of animal superheroes is very exciting, entertaining and enjoyable! The illustrations are good to look at and
Jack Anderson
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two short stories about superheroes who happen to be horses. Teamwork helps these superheroes defeat the evil aliens. Young readers will like the illustrations and learn from the way the characters work together to accomplish their goals.
Bonnie Ferrante
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This is an action-packed story interspersed with odd unnecessary moments, such as the first page and a half wherein the Sporty and Harley ride the elevator and have breakfast. It is the kind of tale that an unsophisticated reader might enjoy especially if they like space monsters, horses and superheroes. It is quite similar to the stories my junior grade students used to write for me.

The reader must have wide-open acceptance to the unexpected and the unpredictable. First of all, the horses talk
Clare
Feb 08, 2018
Sharon
Dec 11, 2015
Ellie Firestone
Aug 10, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
Allies Opinions
Nov 30, 2015
Ali Pfautz
May 23, 2016
Ellie Firestone lives in Texas with her family, two dogs, and a whole host of fictional characters. At various times in her life she has wanted to be an astronaut, a cowgirl, a ninja, a superhero, and an explorer. However, once she realized that a writer can be all of those things at once, she never looked back.

Ellie loves horses, swimming, and reading. When she's not writing, she can often be fou