Start by marking “Under the Lights (The Field Party, #2)” as Want to Read:
Under the Lights (The Field Party, #2)

Under the Lights (The Field Party #2)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  9,435 Ratings  ·  940 Reviews
In the follow-up to Abbi Glines’s #1 New York Times bestseller Until Friday Night—three teens from a small southern town are stuck in a dramatic love triangle.

Willa can’t erase the bad decisions of her past that led her down the path she’s on now. But she can fight for forgiveness from her family. And she can protect herself by refusing to let anyone else get close to her.
Published August 23rd 2016 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about Under the Lights, please sign up.
Gaya I don't know what this series is about, but I can assure you, this is not about Nate and Bliss, though I share your anticipation. Abby said that there…moreI don't know what this series is about, but I can assure you, this is not about Nate and Bliss, though I share your anticipation. Abby said that there won't be any book about Nate and Bliss until The Rosemary Beach series is complete. It is not complete yet. And even after that she will take time because it will be awkward to write book about the kids when the series about their parents is still fresh. She doesn't want to age Rush and Woods so soon.(less)

Christy
4 stars

photo 9BA27ADF-4C3B-48D9-B464-D4663EE9CF38_zpsm3izvb2g.jpg

Under the Lights is the second book in Abbi Glines’ The Field Party series. It’s YA, but I would call it a mature YA. Glines uses the same formula in most of her books- and that works for me. Her books are usually easy, fun, quick and hit the spot for me. This one had a bit more angst than some of her others. As you can probably tell from the blurb, Gunner and Brady… two guys… love triangle(ish).

Willa has come back to Lawton after moving away with her mom. She’s been through some terrib
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*

We all make mistakes, it's human. But what do you do when a mistake costs you everything, including your freedom? For Willa Ames, the answer is to run back home to her Nonna and the town of Lawton. She left six years ago to live with her mom and was never allowed to come back for a visit. Which meant her two best friends, Brady and Gunner, got left behind also.

They're all grown up now, and so are their feelings. When Brady and Gunner see Willa again they feel far f
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

description

Wait it’s over? Why did this story end so abruptly and will this couple have a book two?

description

Seriously other than the Lawson family drama-rama which was a tad on the ridiculous side as the reveals just kept coming, I actually REALLY liked this story. I thought the story flowed well but I must stress as with the prior book in this series I was rushed out of so many scenes that I felt so much more could be written. I loved Willa a ton and her backstory was truly heartbreaking. This love triang
Beverly
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Things you may not know about me. I am from the South and I love Abbi Glines. Oh and I am in love with this series that absolutely resembles my high school experience. Here in Tennessee football is king, whether it's high school, college or professional ball. Going to the game on Friday was never a question, you didn't miss the games.

Willa, Gunner and Brady were best friends up until they were eleven and Willa moved away. Brady and Gunner continued their friendship and went on to be star footba
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Great second book in the series.
I loved it!
I just think that it would've been better without the whole love-triangle thing.
Brady shouldn't have been in this book as much as he was. We know that the next book is about him and I didn't much like that he thought he was in love in this book :/
BUT - I really enjoyed reading Gunner's story!

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email

Anne OK
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads
After the first book, I was really looking forward to the second installment. Big mistake! Thoroughly disappointed -- especially in the whacko ending. Just left me speechless and thinking boy was I a sucker to wait one whole year for that kind of ending! That's all I'm saying.

P.S. I forgot to mention that these books are way over-priced as well -- $10.99 for Kindle!
Nicklein Mae
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"But in that moment all I could think was 'I get it. Why people fall in love. I so fucking get it.'"

5 HOW-TO-BE-YOU-WILLA-AMES STARS!

The swoon level of this book was off the frigging charts!

And it has the most killer plot twists ever! I can't.

This was told from three perspectives which made me guess who the main couple was for what felt like forever. I swear it got to the point where I shipped Willa with different (hot) guy every chapter right until the 50% mark. Willa was a lucky girl. Sigh.

Jus
Beth Hudspeth
Aug 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

Great representation of small towns in the south. However, the characters, storyline, and overall concept was played out and insincere.

I’m just going to start by saying what I’ve said in the past, I end up disliking these books, but guess what – I keep going back to them. Do I like the torture or am I just in denial? Who knows, but I found this book painful. Not in a sense for the characters having a painful situation, but just for the story in general. Th
Rachael
Jan 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
This should have been a DNF but sometimes I am too stubborn for my own good. Every female character other than the grandmother, Willa and Maggie were made out to be such awful people and stereotypical mean girls, it was the worst. There was basically zero character development and just 300 pages of annoying inner monologue from 3 ridiculous characters.

The really weird thing is I remember really enjoying Until Friday Night but I am going to assume that it had the same levels of sexism and asshole
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 3.5/5

I liked this, but the love triangle storyline was super unnecessary. This didn’t need a third POV at all. Also, it annoyed me when females were dismissed as bitches and treated with little respect. There’s no need to put down other girls just to glorify the main character.
Krystal
It was an incomplete book... I am so confused as to how it could just end like that.

Here is everything we still don't know..
(view spoiler)
Brianna ☯
Aug 28, 2015 marked it as to-read
Abbi confirmed that this is Brady's book! Yay!
rachel • typed truths
Feb 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Wow, I did not expect to dislike this more than Until Friday Night but I did. If you cannot stand sexism, slut-shaming, misogyny, arsehole love interests, love-squares, Bella Swan-like female characters or books which use rape/death/tragic circumstances as plot devices, run. This book is not for you.

Please be warned that this review will contain spoilers.

The slut-shaming and sexism were inexcusable. This book draws on a common romance trope that I absolutely despise: dismissing all female charac
Michelle
So good

I m a huge Abbi Glines fan an I just luvd this book it feels like I was waitin forever for it but I could get enough once I started it this book there is a lil love triangle goin on this book with Hunter Brady and Willa they had been friends when they were younger but when Willa had to leave town with her mum an leave her nanny's house a lot of things changed there was so many young feeling goin around when they were younger but no one didn't anything cause they were young but now thing
Beatrice Masaluñga
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
After six years, Willa Ames is back in Lawton. She used to lived in her grandmother's house since she was young. Her grandmother works for the Lawton family where she met her childhood best friends, Gunner Lawton and Brady Higgens. Things have changed when she went in a correctional center for girls for 6 months, she can't forgive herself over an incident that made her feel guilty for her bad decisions. Healing and earning her grandmother's trust again by doing good at school are her priorities. ...more
Erica📚💕 ( Ericalovesbooks)
I read this book literally in one day it was so freaking good I loved all the characters and the plot was soooo good. The only negative thing I had with this book (doesn't affect my rating) was the "love triangle" I found it extremely unnecessary I knew from the beginning she would go for the bad boy. Would I recommend this series? HELL YEAH it's such a quick fun read great for the summer time or if your in a reading slump.
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's been so long since I've read an Abbi Glines books. I think the last one I read was the first book in The Field Party series, Friday Night Lights. And boy did I love it! So my anticipation for Under the Lights was pretty huge. I just adore these types of books. High school, football, field parties, falling in love. It's all so different to how high school is here in Australia.

Under the Lights is told from three different POV's, Willa, Gunner, and Brady. I love how well Abbi pulls off the mal
AleJandra
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
2 Why Abbi, why? STARS

Todos los libros de Abbi Glines son muy entretenidos. Tienen un buen equilibrio entre narrativa sencilla y clichés. Siempre que quiero relajarme y simplemente pasar el rato sé que Abbi no falla.

Pero en este caso la cosa es diferente, al menos eso creí. Ya que el primer libro de la serie, no solo me entretuvo también me revolvió muchos sentimientos. Me hizo pensar que esta serie sería algo más que simple y banal entretenimiento.

Yo soy una chica de ciudad, siempre he vivid
Fanny
Feb 11, 2017 rated it did not like it

Under The Lights es el segundo libro de la serie The Field Party de Abbi Glines y tiene como protagonistas a Gunner, Brady y Willa, personajes secundarios en el primer libro.

No es mi primera lectura de la autora, por lo que tenia una idea bastante clara de lo que me encontraria ( nada demasiado impresionante ) aun asi no tenia nada mejor que leer, por lo que decidi iniciarlo ... ERROR, debi haberme mantenido alejada de esta novela, cuando te pasas gran parte de la lectura mirando el % del Kindle
Rejane
Aug 28, 2016 marked it as no-way-jose
And this is just a reassuring note why I don't have any of this author's books in my kindle and I don't even remember her, just when she shows up in my feed. Then, I feel it's my job to keep reminding me and maybe other readers who have the same opinion.
I'm sorry but her stories are lame and she became a lazy writer. I think she's incapable of adding something new/different in her books. It's always the slut shaming versus the good virgin who the entire male population loves because she's the o
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, paperback
Re-Read 10/23/17

Still in love with these two.

4.75 stars!

What brought you back, Willa Ames?
Lies that covered the truth.

Daaaaaaamn, this was good. I love a good broken hero YA, but to have both main characters dealing with truly heartbreaking situations, just made me devour this!

Everyone looks at Willa Ames with disappointment, hence why she was sent back to live with her Nonna in Lawton, AL. She's trying to prove that she's not a lost cause. That she's worth something.

Everyone looks at Gunner La
Danielle
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

It pains me to rate this book as 2.5 stars, really it does. This was one of my most anticipated books that I wanted to read this year. After I read Until Friday Night last year I was salivating for this book and sadly it just did not live up to the amazingness that was the first book.

I admit that I kind of struggled through this one. I wavered on whether or not I wanted to finish it a few times during the last half. It was just so boring. In this book we get the POV of Willa, Gunner
Chai (blog on hiatus)
I hope Brady's book will be better.
Alaina Meserole
Why did I continue this series?!? Why do I like to torture myself?!? All good questions but in all honesty, I can't start a series and not finish it. So when I saw that this was only 4 books.. well, I kind of did a quarter toss and called either Heads or Tails to see if I should finish it. I feel like it was a lose lose situation because I lost the call on the toss and I still didn't think that this series is getting any better (in my eyes).

I still have the main characters. The slut shaming and
Bj
4.5 "Young to New Adult Romantic Gold" Stars for the story and narration!

Abbi Glines tore my heart apart and put it back together again in Under the Lights. I could not put my earbuds down desperate to learn more about the true circumstances that had shaped the lives of the characters in this high-school, small southern town based romance. In Under the Lights, Ms. Glines expertly weaves together a story that demonstrates her strength as a writer as she hooks the listener in by her ingenious slow
Danielle Lagasse
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Opening a Field Party book is like stepping into a time machine. Every page, despite it being someone else's (fictional) story, somehow, feels nostalgic. The emotional ups and downs of a teenager, learning to believe in yourself, trusting your heart with someone else for the very first time... we've all been there.

I have to be honest, I was a bit nervous starting this book. I loved Until Friday Night (Book One of The Field Party series) so much that I wasn't sure anything would be able to live
Theresa
There are just times when I have to dive into the high school angsty romance, but what I like about this series is that the characters are coping with some very adult situations that are compelling and intriguing... in the midst of the typical teenage personalities and attitudes lies some depth and raw honesty that hooks me into the story and has me rooting for the characters...in this installment we watch as Willa, Gunner, and Brady, childhood best friends, are reunited and must sort through pa ...more
Maria Sol
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Otro típico libro de Abbi Glines! Drama, dramon y mas drama.... A mi me gustan, no lo puedo evitar!!
Ryan Buckby
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it
when i first read until friday night i thought it was a stand alone contemporary novel and i was surprised to learn that it was getting a second book making it a duology, i thought the first book was ok and when i seen this book in the book section of my local book shop and learned it was set in the same town and same set of characters i had to see what was going to happen next for these characters, because i hate not finishing a series once i know it has two books in it.

This book is told in th
☾Poppet
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it

*:・゚✧ 3.5 LIGHTING STARS ✧・゚:*

Okayy this book was definitely better than the last one, I don’t know if it was because of the fact that I felt that Willa and Gunner’s relationship was slower paced in comparison with Maggies’ and West or because there was so. much. drama. Loved it.

(Major spoil
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • All Closed Off (Rusk University, #4)
  • From Here to You (Crash and Burn, #1)
  • Close to You (Fusion, #2)
  • Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • The Matchmaker's Replacement (Wingmen Inc., #2)
  • Wide Open Spaces (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • Show Me How (Thatch, #3)
  • Fallen Crest Home (Fallen Crest High, #6)
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Furious Rush (Furious Rush, #1)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
  • Twist (Dive Bar, #2)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more
More about Abbi Glines

The Field Party (4 books)
  • Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1)
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
  • Losing the Field (The Field Party, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I want more than that. I want you. I want to be able to kiss you anytime I want. I want to hold your hand in the halls. Hell, I want to be made fun of by the guys for wanting to be near you all the time.” 13 likes
“-You okay?