Start by marking “Forgotten Truth” as Want to Read:

Forgotten Truth

Secrets hidden beneath the surface, trust destroyed. Danger, sex, and mystery.

From the moment I met him, I knew I couldn’t resist.

From the moment I met her, I knew I could change .

Nathan James knows what he wants, and that’s the beautiful, successful Bryer Reid. Both have to conquer their past, so it doesn’t dictate their future together. But neither of them can anticipate
Kindle Edition
Published September 2015

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Truth

Naughty Book Blog
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Wow, what an unexpected surprise! I totally didn't expect to fall in love with this book. I was totally captivated by this love story. This book had my mind frantically anticipating when and how everything would inevitably go spectacularly wrong, being I was so captivated by the joy of everything being so right! I enjoyed the highs and felt all the lows of this book. I thought I could see what secret they story was going to expose, but I was so wrong. I love it when an author can surprise me wit
Michele McMullen
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, beta, arc-beta
This is an amazing debut from this new and talented author.
It is the beautifully told tale of Bryer a young, beautiful,sweet, intelligent woman. Bryer has had her share of heartache and disappointment when it comes to love. She decides that a fresh start is what she requires after finding her soon to be husband in another woman's bed.
Bryer has left everything behind to start fresh. She has a new home, job and routine. She begins working out at the local gym and she finds herself overwhelming at
Jay
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 Forgotten Stars

Very good debut novel from Ms. Wine.

This is book one of this series, it ends on a cliffy but nothing heartbreaking so it was okay although I would have like to know it was part of a series.

The main and secondary characters were amazing and Def the secondary characters are worthy of their own book.

Even though I like the book, I felt a disconnection from the characters at some points on the book. They were areas that in my opinion needed a little more editing to make it
Roanne Germaine
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 UNFORGETTABLE STARS

Forgotten Truth is a fantastic debut. It has all the elements of an amazing romance novel, from its plot, it's characters, and all the good feels. It ends in a cliffhanger and I'm usually not a fan of cliffies but the plot of this book was so good, I couldn't possibly not want to read what's going to happen next to Bryer and Nathan. I'm so hooked, I want to read the next book already. And Virginia Wine has just become one of my new favorite authors.
Mel M
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Forgotten Truth By Virginia Wine

Bryer Reid doesn’t trust easily after what her ex-fiance, Cash, did to her. But she’s willing to try try again. So when her best friend, Gen, encouraged her to go after her personal trainer at the gym, she gave it her all.

Nathan James is beautiful, sinfully sexy and off limits. He’s a playboy, he’s a bad boy personified, and Bryer’s trainer. She can’t seem to keep her eyes off him, even with his other ‘clients’. When Bryer invites him for ice cream, she’s embarras
Rachael
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*This book was gifted to me by the author for an honest review*

This is a very enjoyable read from new author Virginia Wine. Nathan and Bryer are maybe one of my favorite new couples I’ve read over the past months. Their story is fresh and fun, they are full of passion and heat, and both have wounds they need each other to help heal. This story follows Nathan, owner of a gym that Bryer works out at. He happens to be her personal trainer & they both seem to like one another, but one day Bryer
Badass Bloggettes
I was asked to read Forgotten Truth for an honest review and I was so pleased to be asked. I loved this book.

The book is about Bryer Reid and her life and the way she has been treated in life. I loved Bryer; she has been mistreated and had so much heartache that all you can do is to feel for her. She is intelligent, beautiful and deserves more.

Bryer decides she deserves a new life a fresh start so to speak, she decides she wants a new job, new routine, everything new, after all her old life didn
Reflections of a Book Geek
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gifted-from-author, r
4.5 Stars

I was given a copy of this book from the author for an honest review. I don’t really know what I was expecting going into this story but what I got literally blew me away.

I wasn’t convinced I was going to enjoy this one in the beginning, there were a few instances where Nathan was very stiff and it didn’t mesh with the character that was being portrayed.

There were some really good twists and turns in this one and i have to say the book kept my attention the whole way through.

Nathan was
Michelle
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars. Bryer Reid has a crush on her personal trainer, Nathan James. She hasn't had much luck with relationships and the last major one she had shattered her trust in men. Nathan is charming, seductive, serious and confident. He's also not someone who ties himself to women so even though he's very attracted to Bryer, he knows she's a commitment type of girl. But Bryer decides to kick it up a notch and take control of the situation by asking Nathan out and he agrees. From there, they start ...more
Screaming Mimi
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For Nathan James and Bryer Ried the past is their enemy, and they have to overcome it before they can move forward.
When Bryer was wounded by the man she loved she ran, as far and as fast as possible, and started a new life. Now that she's got her life on track, life has thrown in a hot sex God to stir things up. She knows she wants Nathan, but she's not sure she's willing to risk her heart again on a man who clearly only does casual.
Nathans has always done casual, never wanting more than that f
Mollien Fote Osterman
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review
5 Nightmares

Bryer has started her life over after finding her fiance in bed with another woman. Now she has a new job, a new home, and a super hot personal trainer. Nathan is a one night and leave them kind of guy. He doesn't do relationships. He has never wanted more with any woman until he started training Bryer. She is innocent. There is just something about her that has him wanting more. Not wanting to scare her off, he decides to take things slow. For someone who has never been invol
Kathy
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the First of Virginia Wine's. Byrer had her heart broken when she found her man in bed with another women. She deiced she needed a new live. Wanted to start over. She got herself a new job, joined a gym and has the very hot personal trainer. She finds herself very attracted to him and he to her. Nathan though is not a relationship kind of man. He is a love em and leave type but there was just something about Bryer that intrigued him. He wanted to know more about her. Both Bryer and Natha ...more
Laura McMillin
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from the beginning! I absolutely loved & devoured this book! The prologue had me hooked, I have been in that situation myself and am always curious to see how things turn out for others.
Bryer is starting over in a new place with a new job after catching her fiancée in bed with someone that wasn't her! We don't get all the details but it seems she is hiding from her ex now. She is doing well for herself and finds herself attracted to her hot, sexy, & built personal trainer! Nathan
Vanessa Fewings
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

Forgotten Truth (The Forgotten Series Book 1) by Virginia Wine

Forgotten Truth is Virginia Wine’s first novel, a contemporary novel that captures all we desire from a modern romance with a dash of angst that we readers crave.

Virginia offers a refreshing penmanship as she leads us into the world of Nathan and Bryer, two characters that are immediately likeable. Out of heartbreak comes hope, out of the extremes of cruelty comes the promise of retribution.

This is a story of the beginning o
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Review For( Forgotten Truth)By Virginia Wine Wow what a amazing book I really didn't know what to expect. I was captivated right from the start what to the end. Bryer Reid didn't trust easily after what her ex-boyfriend Cash did to her. But she was willing to give it a try. Nathan was a playboy who was sinfully sexy, handsome, and was totally off limits, because he was the bad boy personified and Bryer's trainer .Bryer was finding it hard to keep her eyes off of Nathan more all the time. Bo ...more
Sophie
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Forgotten Truth is a debut book that people won't be forgetting easily! This fast paced sweet, sexy love story is a really good start to this series.
I instantly fell in love with Nathan! I mean who wouldn't! He's HOT!!
I struggled with Bryer though, for someone who had her heart-broken I feel she fell in love and trusted again way to easily. I would have loved to have seen more sass from her and a bigger build up to thier relationship, it all happened very quick and lacked angst.
On saying that
Lisa Stinson
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review. This was a fantastic debut novel. It has a little bit of everything. Hot passion between Nathan and Bryer. Little bit of mystery surrounding Nathan's pesky nightmares. Very little angst due to Nathan's playboy past. And some great supporting characters as well.

I really loved the relationship that developed between Bryer and Nathan. They were so sweet and cute at times. And other times, there were off the charts sexy. Their relationship deve
yohanna baez
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Forgotten truth by Virginia Wine
4 stars

When i starter this book i really didn't know what to expect.Bryer is a fun character to read.and it im sure a lot of people would be able to relate to her,she is hard to give her trust but can't help herself to fall for trainer nathan.
I really enjoy this book the author did a great job.The only thing i didnt like was the ending it looks like
Stephanie
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
The title of the book fits the story to perfection. So many twists and turns in this story! I was first drawn in by the hero and heroine, Nathan and Bryer (fantastic name!) and their innate goodness. Nathan is a gym owner and player until he meets Bryer, a successful account executive. She immediately brings out his fierce protective and possessive side. It seems like there's an invisible thread tying these two people together. There's also some serious sexual heat generated in the pages of this ...more
Korena Kerner
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Virginia Reid did a great job in the development of her characters of Nathan and Bryer. Bryer was introduced by the infidelity of her fiancé Cash. Nathan is a owner/trainer at a local gym. Bryer started over with a new place, job, and routine. Nathan didn't follow his father's wishes but his passion which was the gym.

Bryer met Nathan at the gym as he was her trainer. Bryer is aware of Nathan's past with females. Bryer has reservations over Nathan's intentions. Bryer and Nathan have chemistry.

I
Stephanie  Mae
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I starter this book I really didn't know what to expect. Bryer is a fun character to read and I'm sure a lot of people will be able to relate to her, she is hard to trust but can't help herself and falls for trainer Nathan. Both created a sweet story of two people trying to find each other and at the same time fight their internal demons. I really enjoy this book the author did a great job. The only thing I didn't like was the ending it looks like a cliffhanger even though all the issues we ...more
Cindy Wujcik Cirlincione
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review. This is an amazing story from this new and talented author. It is the story of Bryer a young, intelligent woman. With this first book, Bryer has had her share of heartache and disappointment when it comes to love. Then there is Nathan a sinfully sexy trainer that happens to be a playboy, but he has his own demons he needs to find and correct. This first book is full of passion and heat and a great building of a relationship between Bryer and ...more
Stef - British Book Binge
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2015
Arc for honest review.

When's book two?

Wow this a fast paced, easy to read book with a heroine that finds it hard to trust and Nathan is a playbook hero with issues that you wouldn't even suspect.

But underneath that we have two people who just want to be happy.

Bryer had to start a new life when she left her cheating fiance and Nathan has nightmares every night for reasons unbeknownst to him.

This book is very easy to get into and is quick to read and will leave you wanting more especially after a
Janice Somers
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome read, with just enough twists, suspense and hotness. The author draws you into the with enough curiosity, in the prologue and continues throughout the book. The characters and story are well developed and the sex is well written. Just so you aren't upset this does end with a cliffhanger.

I really liked this read and can't wait for the next one. I just hope it isn't a long wait. I recieved this book for an honest review. I hope you buy, read and enjoy, as much as I did.
Lori
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good story

What a good story sorry I didn't know that is was to be continued I hat not knowing that ahead of time. But I did really enjoy this book now on to number 2 ..
Virginia Wine
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•` ¤ 5-STAR REVIEW ★•**•. ★ FREE Unlimited.
*(.• (.•.•.•*) .•*)
By: Virginia Wine

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Bryer is a woman who is living her life, has a good career and good friend who is there for her. She meets Nathan and begins to lust after him, not sure if he would reject her or not as he has never shown any true interest in her. She takes a chance one day and asks him out, when he accepts her invitation she is nervously excit
Susan Swiderski
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Some people think story is much more important than the quality of the writing used in telling that story. I'm not one of them.

The story in this book is very very good. However, the book itself would have been so much better if the author had used the services of a top notch editor. Ms. Wine obviously has a lot of talent, but she's doing herself a disservice by not giving her work the proper polishing it deserves.

Be advised: there's a lot of foul language in this book, as well as some steamy se
Jamie
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Same book different title

I did not finish this book. Did not even get half way through, but it goes like this. Crappie cheater causes trust issues for her, playboy decides to go good boy and show her how good it can be, douche bag ex shows up starting trouble confusion with feelings and trust issues with both, they work it out and live happily ever after. Come on get original.
Tara Smith
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super Sexy

This book catches you attention early on which I like. I love how the relationship blossoms between Nathan and Bryer. I know she has major trust issues due the jackass ex, but I really enjoyed watching her begin to trust Nathan even with his playboy past. I'm anxious to see how the next book turns out. I knew there was going to be a cliffhanger when we still hadn't heard from Cash. I can't wait to see what she has in store in the next book. Great writing!!
Niki
Nov 04, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What in the heck?

I cant describe my utter disappointment in this read. This had no visible editing and the most abrupt and awful dialogue transitions I have ever read. There were pages of endless back and forth dialogue. Trust me, that doesn't t work at all. The sad part is that there was a pretty good plot line going and a cliffhanger that even made me consider continuing this horrific journey...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Charlotte (Marked Heart)
  • Worlds Apart (Murphy's Law #1; The Sisters #3)
  • Trust in Me (Protector, #2)
  • The Loneliest Tour (Willow Son, #2; Brothers Of Rock, #17)
  • Now and Forever (Forever #3)
  • Stranger At The Beach House
  • The Fourth Sunrise
  • The Widow and the Orphan
  • Castaway Dreams
  • The Sweetest September (Home in Magnolia Bend Book 1)
  • Twelve Nights (Blue Moon Lake, #1.5)
  • Love Me While I'm Gone (Half of Me Book 2)
  • Love Is
  • Uncovering Desire (Uncovering Love, #2)
  • Stone and Spark (The Young Raleigh Harmon Mysteries #1)
  • Falling Stars
  • Stubborn (Stubborn #1)
  • A Chance to Come True (Copperhead Creek #1)
Virginia Wine’s love for books all began as a book-blogger, dedicating her time and passion to talented authors, assisting and reviewing the world’s top writers.

A voracious reader herself, and insatiable appreciation for the book world. She soon discovered her own passion for writing, and knack for storytelling. Writing what she loves to read, the romantic suspense genre was a perfect fit.

Dreami