Start by marking “Touch Me Not (Manwhore, #1)” as Want to Read:
Touch Me Not (Manwhore, #1)

Touch Me Not

(Manwhore #1)

A past tragedy has left Lily Holmes burdened with a devastating secret…

Since the death of her twin sister, Lily can’t bear to be touched. Not accidentally, not casually…and certainly not intimately. This makes it impossible for her to confess to her best friend Adam Roberts that she’s in love with him. She can’t give him the sort of relationship he needs, so she watches in
Published September 22nd 2015 by Limitless Publishing, LLC (first published September 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Touch Me Not, please sign up.
Dilek VT Has been seeing a therapist for a few years, more rarely as time passes, seeing she can2t make much progress. But later, when Nikoli enters her life, …moreHas been seeing a therapist for a few years, more rarely as time passes, seeing she can2t make much progress. But later, when Nikoli enters her life, she starts to see the therapist more often, like twice a week...(less)

Start your review of Touch Me Not (Manwhore, #1)
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 "Brutally honesty for the manwhore and his little prude" stars from me***

What can i say about this book??? I L.O.V.E.D. it!!!
It was fuckin' amazing and i had one of the best times of my life while i was reading it!!!

You probably wonder why the hell did that happened, since from the blurb it doesn't seem that the theme is extraordinary...
But it was different in some way... and i really had a pleasant time reading it!!!
I laughed a lot, i got angry, near to the end i was a little bit hear
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Third re-read: 27.01.2020
It was still cute. I still liked it. And I definitely still love Nikoli. I want my own Nikoli. Now. That being said, it's not perfect, not absolutely amazing, but it's enjoyable and I like the characters, and I wouldn't mind a sequel for these two characters...
New Rating: 3.5 stars.

Other Characters:
The list is somewhat long so I've put it in a spoilers tag.
(view spoiler)
Sabrina
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE! - http://amzn.to/2pGAwcY

4 'light touches' Stars

Nikoli is Boston University's very own manwhore. He sleeps with women and then discards them like they're nothing and he also won't sleep with the same woman twice. When he see's Lily he know's she's going to be his next conquest. But when she won't even give him the time of day, and then he gets threatened by half the football team, he realizes Lily won't be as easy as he thought. Her turning him down only shows Nikoli that she's going to
Norah Una Sumner

Dushka this dushka that. Milaya this milaya that. Lily, there is this thing called google translate where you can translate foreign unknown words. Maybe you should try it sometime and stop asking what milaya means in every chapter.

So let's see what this book has:

- a douche MC who is nice only to Lily

description

- but wait, he had his heart broken in the past so it's okay!!!

description

- female protagonist who has panick attacks when touched and get this... only Nikoli aka the Douche can help her!!!

- female pr
Michelle
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: college
4.5 Stars
Lily has been in love with her best friend Adam for years. Adam doesn't see Lily like that. He loves her like a sister. It doesn't matter anyway because Lily has issues with touch. She doesn't like to be touched and she doesn't want anyone touching her. Not even Adam.
Everyone at school loves Lily. She's smart, kind and helps everyone out. She's tutored most of the football team so they will hurt anyone that hurts Lily.
Nikoli is known around campus as the manwhore. He doesn't do relati
Mysza
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
**** 4,5 stars ****

Wow! This book had almost every cliche thing in it, that you can think of when reading NA college romance.

We have quiet, nerdy heroine with phobia, who everyone (like whole football team - because she is their tutor) adores and is very protective of. We also have campus manwhore, gorgeous of course, super rich, super cool and suddenly interested in her, oh and he is also car racer and has his own multi million dollar gaming company. She needs help and he wants in her pants so
Ashleyjo
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it

Manwhore or Connoisseur Of Women?

At 1%-

"His gaze moved over the mass of bodies, categorizing all the women there. He couldn't find a single one outside the newly arrived freshman he hadn't bedded over the last three years. Well, there were some, but he simply wasn't attracted to those few.

Then...

At 19% -

"Manwhore. He shook his head. He'd had no idea that's what people thought of him. Sure, he'd slept with a lot of women, but not as many as everyone thought.

So, which is it?

Lily and
Rose
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this book :) except one thing.
It missed just a little BIT to make me out of the world love it, but that's why it's a 2.75 star and not a 4
This would have been a straight 4 starts if it wasn't for the OW.
To explain, I'm just going to copy one thing about the OW scenario that I wrote on a comment:
"I would have loved if he had stopped kissing the other woman before the heroin walked in. So now I'm left wondering "would he have continued if she hadn't?"
We see from his POV that the second
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: Touch Me Not Touch Me Not by Apryl Baker My rating: 5 of 5 stars 'Touch Me Not' By Apryl Baker is book One in the "Manwhore" series. This is the story of Lily Holmes and Nikoli Kinkaid. Lily father was a race car driver who died in one of his races when she was young. Lily was very close to her father and he taught her allot about cars. So when he past she became very destructive at an early age which later cause the death of her sister. From then on she has issue with people to ...more
Alexa
Dec 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
I read this expecting it to be like The Deal.

It wasn't.

I blame my stupidly high expectations. :/
Snow
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

3.75 a-whole-lot-of-everything stars

oh boy! this is quite a challenge to review this book, it's not really what you get from a blurb!

ok, let's start from the facts:

1) it's NA
2) there's a manwhore changed into a one girl guy (he also hides his true identity)
3) there's a "damaged" heroine who needs help
4) there's a kinda "triangle" messy thing going on
5) there's drama
6) there's a "deal" made between the manwhore and the heroine
7) there's a suspense factor that's not quite in the useful form here (
MTC
Oct 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
2 stars

I started reading this novel because I thought the blurb was interesting. A girl with a trauma that prevents her from handling or even enjoying other people's touch. I thought it would be an interesting read in a psychological view.

My biggest criticism was the double-standard issue with sex and women. What. A. Disappointment. I've read more than my share of romance novels, some bad and some amazing, NONE of them put a moral judgement on sex. That's the point of romances, men who accept
A_Ryan
It was the idea of a heroine who had a terrifying phobia of being touched that drew me to this book. A past tragedy has caused Lily to reject all physical contact. She has not embraced her beloved mother, her siblings, and even her life-long best friend Adam, who she's been secretly in love with for years. Unfortunately, Adam has his hands full with his busty Barbie girlfriend.

Nikoli Kincaid is the manwhore on campus, with a reputation of having had every woman on campus and more. What with the
Saunders
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Well this was one of the weirdest YA books I have read.

The title is Touch me Not (Manwhore 1) so you go into this with expectations of the lead male character.

Nikoli Kincaid. The campus manwhore. He loves sex, he loves em, lays em and gets one of his friends to dismiss em when he is finished. He would rather believe he is a connoisseur of woman than live with the title of manwhore.

She doesnt like to be touched - by anyone, anywhere. He nicknames her "little prude". Because of this she is unable
Clara
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars !

I had so much fun reading this book ! Though the synopsis could lead you to believe that it's just your typical NA book about a good and nerdy girl taming the campus' manwhore, the story was actually done in a way that felt totally different and very refreshing !

Nikoli and Lily's realtionship felt so realistic to me, I liked that it took them both time to realize how they felt for each other, it was definitely not love at first sight. Nikoli was really just set on sleeping with Lily
Dilek VT
My actual grading was 2.5 but it certainly was not 3, so I had to go with 2 stars.

There is nothing more in this book other than the fun banter between them.

The heroine was perfect, really lovable but the hero was not my favorite kind with all his dominance issues and all.

I couldn’t feel their love or relate to the characters much – partly because of the 3rd point of view and partly because of the uncrafted writing. There are editing problems in the book as well.

Although it started like fun and
River
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it

First things first, this is going to be a little bit long.

I almost DNF'd this book at 10%, 20% and 30% but after that it started to get a little more interesting.

Lily has panic attacks when people touch her. Before you wonder, no, nothing "horrible" happened to her, yes bad things happened in her life but nobody abused her in any way.

Lily's deeply in love with her best friend, Adam, who's getting married in 4 months.

Nikoli is the campus manwhore, he is half Russian and was raised the
Crystal
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Touching Stars!

Nikoli likes sex with no strings attached, he makes his intentions clear and isn't sorry about it. When he sees Lily he must have her in his bed, but what he doesn't count on is coming on to her and being completely rebuffed. He's never flirted with a girl before only to be rejected, she must be playing hard to get and it spurs something in him. Lily is the sweetheart on campus. She helps tutor the entire football team and now they feel the need to protect her. She is hopeless
DelSheree
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a fabulous blend of witty humor and captivating romance. I loved the banter back and forth between the two MCs. It wove between the more serious elements of the story to create a nice balance. The romance itself was well done and wasn't just steamy but also had a deep emotional element that will draw readers in. Readers who are fans of Jamie McGuire and Denise Grover Swank will eat this up! ...more
Đurđica Sarjanović
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm obviously so lazy for reading books on my iPhone :) But it's a good one ...more
Annie's reading corner

I read the 5-year-edition and apparently some things are different, I don't know what but I love this book to pieces.
This confirms that I love stories where the H helps the h in a not very common way. I know they may not be realistic but there's something about them that captivates me.
I loved seeing how the so-called manwhore wasn't what everyone had expected, and how the girl that couldn't be touched started craving him.
The couple's chemistry was excellent. I loved them together. M
Melissa
Touch Me Not was not what I expected AT ALL. It was such a sweet story with a few surprises. Overall I really enjoyed it!

Lily Holmes is a girl with a devastating past. She has a phobia and can't be touched. She is also smart, popular and has a case of unrequited love with her best friend, Adam. Adam is actually engaged to be married and Lily has decided that it's time to move on.

photo giphy_12.gif

Nikoli Kinkaid is the sexy, "manwhore" with a Russian accent. He has never been turned down by a woman before but
Deborah
Ooooooh!!!!!!! I'm reading this next ...more
Genni Eccles
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
This book was featured on my post about my best surprises of 2015!

What a great story! I read this on the wattpad app and I was so pleasantly surprised! It's a really touching story that is a perfect Belen's of light and dark. I loved Nikoli and Lily's relationship; it was sexy and cute! I definitely recommend this as a quick and fun read. I would still be as happy as I am now even if I had payed for it.

Keep in mind that the story is new adult, so there are some steamy scenes!

Happy Reading!

You c
One
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, student, reviewed
This is a another story where the female character asked the help of the manwhore to seduce her love interest and ended up loving the manwhore instead.

I like stories like this so I gave 4.5 stars!

Nikoli Kincaid. Name's so hot so the character is definitely hot. :D
He came from the "Mother Russia" so terms like "dushka, milaya and Kat-something (Sorry, I forgot the term)" are to be expected. I love those terms of endearment.

This is the first book I read from Apryl Baker, I might read more of her b
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
I think this book has some unfulfilled potential. I did enjoy watching Nikolai's growth and Adam's revelation but there was just something missing for me in Lily. I liked her, don't get me wrong... but I felt the story just scratched the surface on who she is. If like to see what happens to some of the secondary characters. I'm definitely reading the next once my TBR pile goes down a bit lol ...more
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
THE BEST BOOK I EVER HAD READ IT ON WATTPAD
Sophia
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was truly inspiring. Fears were faced, and overcome. Love was found. And friendships were forged.
Coco.V
Jul 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/12/2019)! 🎁
New Adult Book Club: Apryl Baker RI&RI with Giveaway ~ TOUCH ME NOT! - CLOSED!! 398 445 Apr 01, 2016 09:55AM

• The Cowboy's Stolen Heart (The Cowboys of Sweetheart Creek Texas, #1)
  • Hate to Date You (Dating, #4)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Whiskey Sour (It's All In the Whiskey, #5)
  • King of Campus (Barnett Bulldogs #1)
  • Unraveling (Second Chances, #1)
  • Saving Ella (Mercy's Angels, #1)
  • Love Unbroken (Diamond Creek, Alaska #3)
  • I'm a Model That's Undercover As The School Nerd
  • Guarding His Best Friend's Sister (Deuces Wild, #2)
  • Of Boys and Men (Ridge Rogues, #1)
  • Undecided (Burnham College, #1)
  • Score (Skin in the Game, #1)
  • Insatiable (Insatiable, #1)
  • Tell Me When (Lost in You, #1)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • Saving Her Curves (Alpha Authority, #2)
  • Hard Rock Desires (Until We Break Book 1)
So who am I? Well, I'm the crazy girl with an imagination that never shuts up. I LOVE scary movies. My friends laugh at me when I scare myself watching them and tell me to stop watching them, but who doesn't love to get scared? I grew up in a small town nestled in the southern mountains of West Virginia where I spent days roaming around in the woods, climbing trees, and causing general mayhem. Nig ...more

Manwhore (4 books)
  • The Sinners Touch (Manwhore, #2)
  • The Healing Touch (Manwhore, #3)
  • Forever Your Touch (Manwhore, #4)

News & Interviews

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...
“She could break him, and he didn’t care.” 7 likes