Start by marking “Prowled Darkness (Dante's Circle, #7)” as Want to Read:
Prowled Darkness (Dante's Circle, #7)

Prowled Darkness

(Dante's Circle #7)

Humans aren’t as alone as they choose to believe. Every human possesses a trait of supernatural that lays dormant within their genetic make-up. Centuries of diluting and breeding have allowed humans to think they are alone and untouched by magic. But what happens when something changes?

Eliana Sawyer’s life was rocked from its foundation twice in as many years. She risked
ebook
Published May 10th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Prowled Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prowled Darkness

✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

3.5 stars!!

In entirety, this read was just okay in my book. For me, everything felt rushed, the writing was ehhh??- and I kind of wished certain things were expanded a bit more. I'm not saying that I was dissatisfied in the execution of everything. I wasn't. I just would have liked things to slow down and to have seen both Malik and Eliana's characters more fleshed out and see them individually and as a couple grow.
Marta Cox
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
I've loved the Dante's Circle books from the very beginning when a certain Angel started moulting ! Recently though the author seems to have stepped away from paranormal tales so it was with great satisfaction that I began this book. It took me back to the beginning when the friends were all struck by magical lightening awakening all sorts of delicious things . Eliana seemed to be the only one for whom a happy ending seemed just a distant dream. Deserted by Malik the man she loves, heavily pregn ...more
Maria Itliong
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read-books
I love this series unfortunately this is the last book in this series, I'm hoping that the author will write a spin-off from this series featuring the children of all our characters from this series
David J
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The concluding story in an enjoyable series. The central characters are quite good with good chemistry between them. One of the better books in the series
Linda
The stunning conclusion to this highly entertaining paranormal UF series!

“He wouldn't grovel, wouldn't fall to his knees and beg forgiveness. He was the son of the Leo, the King of all lions. He would, one day soon, be the Leo and reign over his people. He couldn't fall for her more than he already had, but he could hope she could see how he felt.

Because if she didn't, he wasn't sure what he would do next.”

PROWLED DARKNESS by Carrie Ann Ryan is a totally awesome finale to the author's addictiv
Diane Lynch
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prowled Darkness (Dante's Circle, #7) by Carrie Ann Ryan Carrie Ann Ryan’s Prowled Darkness is an excellent conclusion to the Dante's Circle Series.  Lion shifter and next in line for the throne, Malik Ward, left the woman he loved thinking she was human, and that they were unable to be together. Eliana Sawyer was lightning-struck, a human hit by lightning, which will trigger her dormant supernatural DNA once claimed by her mate.  The man she loves and thought was human left her before she could ...more
Dar
Lions, oh sweet bossy, self-absorbed Lions, you put all other shifters to shame! Call me prejudiced, but I love the Lion shifters like no others. There is something so....... and then they are such...... just perfect cats in every way, easy to see how they are the Kings of the Wild. I was so extra excited to have a Lion on the cover, it made perfect sense to end the series with one

This story made me cry, it made me mad and it made me squirm. Eliana, she refuses to feel sorry for herself, but she
Hannah
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

Such a bittersweet end. I'm glad everyone has had their HEA but it' so sad to see it end. From the first book to the last there have been babies and death the collapse of the ruling system and lots and lots of sex. This is one series that has kept me captivated from the very beginning. Carrie Ann created a cast of characters so different and unique from each other but above all they are sisters in bond even more so after the lighting strike.

Elena thought Malik was human, and Malik tho
Jackie
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Ending

Dante's Circle has been one of my most favorite series. Saying goodbye is difficult, but this story made it easier. Eliana and Malik got their happy ever after, even though I wasn't so sure that it was going to happen. Carrie Ann Ryan never lets her characters off easy. They're dragged through hell, but the strength they have always brings them through the other side. Though I'm sad to see these characters go, I'm excited to see what Ms. Ryan has in store for us next.
Hannah Myers
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finishing this book was both awesome and bittersweet! I loved the story but was sad to know that this was the last lightening struck to find her other half. And when she turned into a...oops, don't want to spoil it! If you haven't read the rest of the series, you definitely should:)
Andrea
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whats up with royals? Alpha males not good enough now they had to have more titles? Well I guess it gives more issues.

I liked this short book. Made up for #6 and it closed the series nicely. Still felt lacking in some ways probably due to the shortness of it.
Krista Hedman
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Aaaand as always, there's never enough groveling for forgiveness in these second chance romance novels -_-

I think I'm going to have to write my own SCR, where the H is left wanting, groveling and strung along, almost through the entire story, until the climax!
Smhlavelle
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good ending to the series

I enjoyed this. This is a nice ending, structure a little bit different than the previous relationships. It was a little short compared to the others. But overall I enjoyed the finale.
Deb
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO SWEET!! WHAT A GREAT WAY TO FINISH THE SERIES!!HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERIES!!!
Kim Otis
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous ending

What a great way to end a series! She is an excellent and exciting writer, and she produces incredible books! I look forward to the next book.
Nicole Mole
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great finish to the series!
Casandra
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was so sad to see this series come to a close, and I feel like there were some loose ends with the Conclave that I would’ve liked tied up. But like the 6th book, this one felt a little rushed.
Margo
Jan 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Serves me right for thinking that this was a standalone.
V.J. Lee
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sad this is the last book in the series

Good ending to a great series. At first I d u dint like Malik then I felt sorry for him now I just want to rub up against him.
Cinzia
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Prowled Darkness” is the final book in the paranormal romance series “Dante’s Circle “. A series the story of seven lightening-struck human women because of the will of the Conclave, in attempt to awaken latent supernatural genes in their DNA, and after all that of they find their mates among supernatural creatures.

Their lives changed, as well as their nature. The lightning-struck gave the birth of unimaginable creatures, very different from women they used to be, but this took them toward a ne
ZETTER
Please Forgive Me!!!

Malik Ward was a lion shifter prince, he knew that he would have to take a mate one day. He was dating one of the lightning struck women, Eliana Sawyer but broke both of their hearts when he broke up with her.

Malik thought that Eliana was a human, and given that his people can never mate with humans. He walked away from the one one woman, he and his lion ever truly wanted. What a man to do when he realized, he was wrong?...What else but FIGHT for his woman.

Eliana Sawyer one
Marie
At the end of the last book I wanted to beat Malik something seriously. He has told Eliana that he no longer wants to see her and that they meant nothing to one another. So she has tried to go on with her life. She feels more lonely than ever now that she is the last single of the lighting struck, oh and she’s pregnant! She figures she will never have a mate, after all the guy she fell in love with is only a human, and will simply raise her child by herself.

Malik loved Eliana more than he wanted
Elizabeth Neal
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Malik and Eliana were together and falling in love. But as they each thought the other was human, they didn't see how it would be possible to have a future together. Malik, the future Leo, knew what he had to do, though it was the last thing he wanted...he let Eliana go, completely cutting off all contact. So Eliana could never tell him her surprising news.

Eliana is now eight months pregnant, still missing Malik, and wondering what the future holds for her. She thought Malik could've been her ma
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the conclusion to an incredibly well written and highly addictive paranormal romance series that I loved every second of reading and never wanted to end! In this series seven human women were struck by lightning causing them each to become a member of a different paranormal species that is activated by their mate once they find them and they have sex. Eliana is the seventh and last woman to await the discovery of her mate and transition into her paranormal creature. Things are a bit more ...more
Garden Of REden
Apr 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first book in this series and by this author that I have read. As a series full of stand alone books you should be able to pick up any book and read it without confusion. The author did a fantastic job doing that. As I read I picked up on the history and old storylines from the previous books but, it did overshadow or cause confusion in this book.

I love the uniqueness of the characters in this book and series in general. A lot of shifter books stick to wolves and if you do branch out
AC Squared Book Blog
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book in its entirety was so bittersweet. I knew going in this would be the last book in the series and that made me so sad. But on the other hand I was so excited to see how Carrie Ann would end the story. The end of the last book left me wanting more so badly that I was almost afraid to start Prowled Darkness. Of course I started it the moment I could though, just have to grin and bear it right? This is how I did it, like pulling off a bandaid. With that said, I loved this book so hard. I ...more
Karen
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Prowled Darkness is the seventh and final book in the Dante Circle Series by Carrie Ann Ryan. This story is about Eliana, the last friend to be struck by lightning, and her lion shifter boyfriend Malik.

We were first introduced to Eliana and Malik in the last book in the series 'An Immortal Song.' The entire set-up to their relationship evolved in a few brief scenes during that book. By the end of it Malik had made the hard decision to break up with Eliana because he was the up-and-coming Leo Kin
Tara Dorough
I have loved this series from the beginning. Prowled Darkness is the last book in Carrie Ann Ryan's Dante's Circle series. I will miss the characters in this series. Each of the seven lightening struck women have finally found their places in the paranormal worlds. Eliana is the last of the lighting struck that hasn't found her paranormal mate. She did find Malik, a human, and fall in love with him. She's even carrying his child. Of course he doesn't know that his going to be a dad. Before Elian ...more
April Symes
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 7 in the Dante’s Circle series. This book starts out showing Malik and Eliana falling in love and being together. Everything is going great because each thought the other was human when that was not the case. Malik, the future Leo, came realize that he couldn’t stay because he needed a mate that was not human and even though it pained him so bad, he left Eliana with no warning and refused to have any contact with Eliana.
Eliana was so devastated and understandably confused and hurt.
Books 2 Blog
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I saw shifter romance and I wanted Prowled Darkness I had to read it, little did I realise I was picking up the series at its end. It's always a little disappointing when you pick up the last book in a series even more so when you realise that you haven't read any of the other books in what is a truly brilliant series. This book was 4.5 stars for me, I think if I had read the other books it would have been a full 5.

Telling the story of Elina and Malik Prowled Darkness had me from the first parag
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dark Alpha's Lover (Reaper, #4)
  • Prelude (Dresdan Coven, #1)
  • Good Girls Don't (Everly Brothers, #2)
  • The Reaping: Arctic Wolves Novella
  • The Keeper Finds Her Mate (Keeper of Wolves, #2)
  • Diverted Heart
  • Tall Dark Handsome Lycan (Tall Dark Handsome Lycan, #2)
  • Christmas Ever More (A Lady Forsaken, 4)
  • X-Ops Exposed (X-Ops #8)
  • New Moon (Moon #8)
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around (Las Vegas Dragons, #2)
  • Awakened by Fire (Dragons of Bloodfire, #2)
  • Bear Essentials (Bears of Blackrock #1)
  • Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness #8)
Carrie Ann Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary, paranormal, and young adult romance. Her works include the Montgomery Ink, Redwood Pack, Fractured Connections, and Elements of Five series, which have sold over 3.0 million books worldwide. She started writing while in graduate school for her advanced degree in chemistry and hasn’t stopped since. Carrie Ann ha ...more

Dante's Circle (8 books)
  • Dust of My Wings (Dante's Circle, #1)
  • Her Warriors' Three Wishes (Dante's Circle, #2)
  • An Unlucky Moon (Dante's Circle, #3)
  • His Choice (Dante's Circle, #3.5)
  • Tangled Innocence (Dante's Circle, #4)
  • Fierce Enchantment (Dante's Circle, #5)
  • An Immortal's Song (Dante's Circle, #6)
“He kissed her softly. "I think we both need time to get to know one another before we make love again. I don't want to rush things."

"But mating us so we're connected for all eternity isn't rushing things?”
3 likes
“What am I?" she asked ...
"You are mine," he answered roughly, his forehead still on hers.”
3 likes