Start by marking “Return (Matt Turner, #3)” as Want to Read:
Return (Matt Turner, #3)

Return

(Matt Turner #3)

Matt Turner’s psychic ability has granted him a window into the entirety of Earth’s intelligent beings—past and present—but this gift has also been his heaviest burden. A talent like Matt’s can only be kept secret for so long, and ruthless individuals desiring lost and rare items viewed him only as a prized tool.

Now, there is no more secret. Despite living a reclusive exis
Published September 1st 2015 by Fantome Publishing (first published June 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return

Karen Laird
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I first discovered the world of Matt Turner back in 2011 when I was bored and desperate for something new to read and started trolling for a new book through the sci-fi stacks. THE DIG sounded intriguing and when I opened the pages I found myself sucked into a world like never before.

As I read the passages where Matt Turner would touch an item of great antiquity and find himself pulled and virtually sucked through time into a new body and looking through new eyes, becoming whoever had last touc
AudioBookReviewer
My original Return audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

The Return by Michael Siemsen is the third novel in the Matt Turner series. Matt Turner has a gift that allows him to read imprints from objects. All people leave an emotional and mental imprint on objects. Matt has finally figured out how to master his ability and unlike in previous novels can interact with the world normally. This came with the cost of a lot of time. For the most part, Matt is now a hermit l
Angela
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed the Matt Turner series since it was first recommended to me. The premise of Matt Turner and his ability was a huge attraction to me in the beginning. What's kept me reading is the story telling ability of Mr. Siemsen. When he is writing about Matt Turner and telling his story, he is also creating other stories and other worlds within the story. He is taking inanimate objects and injecting them with substance and life.

I love the vivid imagery that Mr. Siemsen uses to transport you
Bill Rubin
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Return is another great read from Michael Siemsen in the Matt Turner series. Action packed, great characters, mysterious plot, mystical elements - just like The Dig and The Opal this book has it all. So if you're already a fan... enjoy! And if you've just discovered Matt Turner I will highly recommend that you get all 3 books and read them in order.
Scott
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta-reader
Return is by far the best book in the Matt Turner series to date. So if you haven't read The Dig and The Opal yet, get on it. Then you'll be all caught up and ready for this one. It won't disappoint.

Matt's back several years after the events of The Opal and he's learned how to control his abilities. This is a smarter, tougher, and more exciting Matt than we've seen previously and it's great!

In his latest adventure, he's searching for the lost library of Alexandria. Reunited with Joss, he relives
John
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall - 4 stars
Story - 4 stars
Narration - 5 stars

This was a fun listen but the author left a couple of matters unresolved, so if the he doesn't follow it up with, at least, one more book I'll be extremely pissed off!

The narrator did an admirable job of voicing a wide range of characters, if fact, it's hard to believe that all of those voices came from one larynx! :O
Ed Napiorkowski
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very pleased to report that I enjoyed 'Return' the third book in the Matt Turner series as much as I had the first (The Dig). So glad I didn't give up after 'The Opal' as this third book recaptured the fun and intensity of Matt's special gift and also portrays the varies character in a more constant and therefore realistic manner. No spoilers but in this episode there is a good balance between the stories from artefacts 'read' by Matt and those which are occurring in the 'here and now'. A Well p ...more
Chuck Heikkinen
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This time, Matt is charged with gathering information about the ancient Library of Alexandria. His business has expanded and he acquires a new assistant. His nemesis, "The Gray," as usual is adversarial, including his having married Tuni after discrediting Matt. Matt's "reading" skills take him vividly into the life of one of the Stewards of the Library and a search for lost scrolls. The Gray intervenes.
Murray Foster
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope this isn’t the end of the series

I knew as soon as I finished “The Dig”, the first book of the Matt Turner series, that I was hooked. And each book has been better still. I really like the way that Matt’s unique skill has evolved in this installment. I (hopefully) look forward to Matt’s next adventure.
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Egyptian History from the heart

I have lived this series of books. Matt Turner, the main character is very compelling. When he touches an object he can read the intense moments in it's history. It is riveting. Obviously, some nasty characters would like to force him to work for them. Very interesting.
Margaret Del Vecchio
Third book in Matt Turner series

If you plan to read this book, do start with The Dig. This isn't a 'stand alone' story but rather a continuation of the previous book. That said, this series is well worth reading. My only complaint is there is not a book 4 (and 5 and 6...) on the adventures of Matt Turner.

NOTE TO AUTHOR: Please sir, may I have some more?
Katherine E Stewart
What an adventure!

I couldn't put it down! I read all three books in the series in record time. I hope there will be more books in the future! Thank you Michael Siemsen, for such a good read!
Tkmorin
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great trilogy

I have thoroughly enjoyed all three Matt Turner book. Michael Siemsen created characters I loved and hated, added mysteries, believable histories, and all with a sense of humour. I highly recommend you start reading these today!
Joan Cirami Ueblacker
WOW

Great read, mesmerizing and fulfilling with so much detail.I especially enjoyed Matt's growth and evolution in all the areas of his life. So many twists and turns, an enjoyable experience, l would have been sorry to have missed it! When is the next book coming?
Rowan Mcdowell
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Science fiction and ancient history, a lineage of telepathic librarians, love and romance, modern day despots and gangsters and truly clever and compassionate redemption.

Best of the series!!
wendy
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Excellent book as the other two were. I'm really hoping for more books in this series. Keeps you guessing all the way.
Deborah Bogen
I wanted this book to work but

I appreciate an ambitious author but this bookseller gained the momentum or strong story line it needed. Bummer. Over reaching happens.
Carole
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still a fan! Please read my comments about The Dig and The Opal. Loved them all.
Marika Steenblock
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely a fan of the grown up Matthew Turner. Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Junwell Brantley
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Well written and keeps you in to the story,unable to put it down till you finish then wish there was more to read
Ken
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Romp Through History Via Psychometry

Matt Turner, Master of Psychometry, the ability to read objects to determine their history. This novel brings Matt's abilities to focus on a "Key" held by one of the Masters of the great Library of Alexandria. Through Matt's reads, we get to experience the time when the Great Library was at its peak, as well as its first major demise, when it's collections were destroyed.

We also continue Matt's story from the previous novels, we get closure from many
Karen Cole
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know how sometimes you come across a book you fall in love with? Then you search out previous works by the writer, devour them and are then left to tap your fingers waiting for their next book to be released? After reading The Many Lives of Samuel Beauchamp (one of my best books of 2013), Michael Siemsen became one of those writers for me and so I've been impatiently anticipating the publication of Return, the third book in his Matt Turner series.
For those not yet acquainted with Turner, he
KL Caley
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded this book straight away after reading Matty, the short story which drew me back into the Matt saga. This is a GOOD read. I loved the first of the Matt Turner stories, the second was a little bit disappointing as the story seems disjointed a little in places. However this story really flew for me and I couldn’t help wanting to know what happened next. Siemsens writing is really back on top form.

The story revolves around Matt and his ability to pick an artefact and read its story. Thi
J.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, brad-to-read
Possible spoiler?

Luke Skywalker.

At the end of The Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker is a snively, whiny little "boo-hoo my daddy cut off my hand" baby. From the opening of Return of the Jedi Luke is a force wielding "these are not the droids you're looking for" boss. This is similar to the change we see in Matt Turner from book 2 to book 3.

All we know for certain is that Siemsen had "I must be Emo" on loop while writing The Opal and he got his crap together to write book 3. While I loathe being
Thomas Quatrale
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading all the other five star reviews, I'm tempted to take the lazy way out and just say, "Ditto"!
This is really two books in one. On the one hand, you have the story of ancient Alexandria and it's famous library, brought to stunning life through the eyes and thoughts of one of its chief Stewards, and her efforts to save the Library collection from destruction. On the other hand, we have a story of modern day intrigue with different groups vying to find and take possession of this priceless co
Marissa
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Signed Copy Win

Matt Turner returns in book 3 of this series with his psychic abilities that he still has problems controlling at times. More people learn of his abilities despite trying to keep secret, he attracts people who view as a prized tool to uncover loss items that they wish to possessed.

This leads him to a Russian who wants lost artifacts from Alexandria. He finds himself at times going back in time as secrets are thrown at him. Trying to maintain a sense of perspective, he n
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael Siemsen did it again with this awesome continuation to the Matt Turner series. This book got my attention from the first page and held it to the end. He continues to surprise me with the development of his characters. I love that the characters seem like real people with flaws and funny interior monologue. If you are looking for a book series that is action packed, has great characters and interesting takes on history and archaeology then Return and its predecessors The Dig and The Opal, ...more
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Return is a unique story! It has action, suspense, and history that doesn't bore you. Yes I am not a huge fan of history but Michael Siemsen has a way of transporting you with his wonderful and charismatic writing, that I can see and feel myself there. Mr. Siemsen writes such great characters. Not only do you grow to love some of them, you also want to slap some of them as well. This is the first book I read in this series. I know I know, I did backwards but I don't regret it one bit! I do p ...more
Andrea
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying blend of modern and ancient plotlines

The fabled library of Alexandria is the focus of Matt Turner's latest outing, and I found myself enjoying the ancient intrigues of the Roman Empire in one of its outposts in the ancient Egyptian city. Equally engrossing were the story lines of the evil dictator who'd seduced Tuni and the Russian oligarch Ostrovsky's efforts to get his hands on ancient scrolls he hoped Matt would find. The psychometric aspects of the series continue fascinate, as Ma
Murcury
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Siemsen Just Keeps Getting Better and Better

Mr. Siemsen has become my undisputed favorite author! Within his continued stories as with the Matt Turner series, or when he brings to the market new characters and stories, the diversity is a quality that shines with each and every novel. A typical statement, but Mr. Siemsen truly cannot churn out his stories fast enough for me. My hope is that I will be around long enough to enjoy all his work in his now flourishing career as a novelist!

• The Promised War (Sam Deker, #1)
  • The Enlightened (Mind Dimensions, #3)
  • Return to the Lost World (Primordia #2)
  • The Harvest
  • Mummy Dearest (The XOXO Files, #1)
  • Mushroom in the Sand
  • Blood Shot: Crossover John Jordan #15/Remmington James
  • Dr. DOA (Secret Histories, #10)
  • A Time To Every Purpose
  • Rough Magick (GnomeSaga #1)
  • Waking the Dead (Laying a Ghost, #3)
  • Minder (Minders #3)
  • Dungeon Explorers (Tales of Magic and Adventure #1)
  • Dragon's Kiss (Mother Earth, #1)
  • The Tide of War (Defending Epsilon #1)
  • Tesla's Signal
  • Red Tide
  • Flight Dreams (Mark Manning Mystery, #1)
USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of Exigency (2014), the Matt Turner series (The Dig, 2011; The Opal, 2012; Return, 2015), and the Demon’s Story series (A Warm Place to Call Home, and The Many Lives of Samuel Beauchamp, 2013), Michael Siemsen has sold more than 175,000 books.

Michael grew up in Venice, California, the second son of a Vietnam veteran who was the first son of a Korean War vet

Matt Turner (3 books)
  • The Dig
  • The Opal (Matt Turner, #2)
“uber-complicated” 0 likes