Start by marking “A Aventura do Bolo de Natal” as Want to Read:
A Aventura do Bolo de Natal

A Aventura do Bolo de Natal

(Hercule Poirot #35)

A aventura do bolo de natal

Uma casa de campo inglesa durante o período natalício, com a crepitação da lareira e a excelente comida, não parece ser o local mais indicado para um crime, mas um bilhete sinistro deixado na almofada de Hercule Poirot diz-lhe que nem tudo é o que parece ser. Há ainda a terrível descoberta de um corpo num local inusitado, uma discussão que acaba
Published 2007 by Edições ASA (first published October 24th 1960)

To ask other readers questions about A Aventura do Bolo de Natal, please sign up.
Gergana
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Adrian
The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding - 5 stars
An excellent Poirot short that perfectly demonstrates his amazing ability, and Ms Christie’s storytelling prowess.
(To save counting this short story twice, I've removed the separate short story from my library)

Mystery of the Spanish Chest - 4 stars
Well I read this only 3 months ago and amazingly I’m enjoying it again so very soon

And now do I shelve this until I have to read the rest of the short stories as part of my challenge (I think its due De
Issa Deerbany
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: agatha-christie
استمتعت ببعض الحبكات القصيرة
رغم ان القصص الطويلة اجمل وأروع ولكن للتغيير وهو مطلوب
Vikas Singh
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of six short stories, five of then featuring Hercule Poirot and one with Miss Marple. The first story -The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding is Christie's tribute to the wonderful time she had during Christmas time at her brother in laws house. The last story Greenshaw's folly is the one Christie wrote to raise money for her local church. Compared to her other stories, the plots here are weaker but they still hold your attention. Average read
Tim Orfanos
Πρόκειται για μια εξαντλημένη στα ελληνικά συλλογή από ιστορίες της Κρίστι με ήρωα, μόνο, τον πασίγνωστο ντετέκτιβ Ηρακλή Πουαρώ, όπου ενώ εξιτάρουν τον αναγνώστη δεν πείθουν όλες για την αληθοφάνειά τους.

Η συλλογή είναι αρκετά ενδιαφέρουσα και γοητευτική, ωστόσο, οι πιο σημαντικές ιστορίες είναι 'Το μυστήριο της Ισπανικής κασέλας', η οποία θεωρείται από τις δυσκολότερες και πιο αγαπημένες υποθέσεις του Πουαρώ (σε αυτήν γνωρίζει τον συνταγματάρχη Ρης που, αργότερα, τον βοηθά στο 'Εγκλημα στο Νε
Phrynne
A nice little collection of short stories, mostly starring Hercule Poirot and one about Miss Marple. The title story about the Christmas pudding was the best one with a clever idea and a number of possible murderers. A couple of the other stories were not so effective. I must admit I do not really enjoy short stories. I always feel they stop just when I want them to get going. These ones however were not bad!
Stephanie Anze
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
"....but by all accounts you are not a fool, eh, M. Poirot?"
He laughed breezily.
"Those who have thought so have been sadly mistaken," said Poirot placidly.

Hercule Poirot is once again on the case, or cases, shall we say. In this collection of six short stories Poirot is back and just as eager as ever to keep investigating. Wether in a countryside manor or in the city, where murder is concerned, Poirot is the goods.

The year is winding down and I wanted to have one last adventure with my favorite
Raya راية
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"الكلاب التي تنبح لا تعضّ"
David Schaafsma
The home stretch of my Poirot run! #33, and the story, “The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding” (a.k.a. The Theft of the Royal Ruby) is not a story I would normally want to read in August. Well, I guess I might never want to read a light-hearted family tale set at Christmas-time, truthfully. Oh, with a murder, of course, but hey, it’s Christmas, so it’s the least grisly murder mystery. The story is part of a short story collection, which I read quickly, not that interested in most of them, and n ...more
Veronique
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, stars-4-0
"This book of Christmas fare may be described as “The Chef’s Selection.” I am the Chef!”

In the foreword by Agatha Christie, we are presented with two main courses, a selection of entrees, and a sorbet, all in the shape of short stories. These shorter formats are not usually my favourite fare but these were easy to consume, even if some were tastier than others :O)

* The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding (a.k.a The Theft of the Royal Ruby)
* The Mystery of the Spanish Chest
* The Under Dog
* Four a
Antoinette
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS.

This book comprised 6 short stories- 5 with Hercule Poirot and one with Miss Marple. The only Christmas story was the first- The Adventures of the Christmas Pudding. Light quick read- perfect for the pre Christmas madness cause if you are like me it is difficult to concentrate at this time of the year.
I always enjoy the way both Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple’s minds work.
Enjoyable read!

تفاصيل صغيرة كفيلة بإثارة شكوك بوارو والكشف عن جريمة لم تكن لتعرف
لو لم يكن
Sumit RK
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short story collection featuring 6 stories incl The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding,
The Mystery of the Spanish Chest, The Under Dog, Four and Twenty Blackbirds, The Dream and Greenshaw's Folly.
All the stories were good. But of all the stories, The Mystery of the Spanish Chest, The Under Dog ,The Dream and Greenshaw's Folly really stood out. The plot, the characters and the main mystery, all were truly excellent and unique. If you are a Poirot fan and if you enjoy short stories, you will
Ahmed Hussein Shaheen
"الكلب الذي ينبح لا يعض"

مجموعة قصصية قصيرة ولكنها مسلية وخصوصًا في نهاية العام

هذه أول مرة أتعرف فيها على شخصية الآنسة ماربل حيث ظهرت في القصة الأخيرة أما بقية القصص فكانت من بطولة "المحقق" بوارو

وكعادة أجاثا فإن القاتل لا يمكن توقعه
Vitor Martins
Esse foi meu primeiro contato com Agatha Christie. Não foi um livro surpreendente mas me deixou bem curioso pra ler os casos mais famosos da autora!

É difícil avaliar livros de contos porque sempre tem uns que se sobressaem mais do que outros mas acho que nesse compilado todos seguem o mesmo nível. "O mistério da Arca Espanhola" foi meu favorito!

Só me decepcionei um pouco porque achei que seriam contos de natal mas só o primeiro (que da titulo ao livro) tem essa temática.

Ainda assim, estou ansio
Brooklyn Tayla
These short stories were all exquisite - I couldn't choose a favourite one, for I loved them all. Poirot and Aunt Jane Marple never disappoint, nor does their creator, Agatha Christie. Each mystery was fabulous as they were intriguing! I recommend this to any fan of 'cozy crime', or anyone who's just looking for a great set of mysteries to read :)
Janete
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in my mother language. Almost all the stories are interesting, but I'd prefer that these 6 short stories would have been turned into 6 long and complete novels. Short stories don't please me so much; I always think they end abruptly, have little development and last very little.
Lata
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really enjoyable collection of short stories.
-The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding (a.k.a The Theft of the Royal Ruby): 4.5 stars. I loved how Poirot chatted with the lady of the house, and how he got along with the kids. I liked how this relationship helped him flush out the murderer.
-The Mystery of the Spanish Chest: 4.5 stars. As soon as Poirot examined the chest, I had to throw out my assumptions. I didn't figure out the murderer, but I enjoyed watching Poirot work in this story.
-The U
Daniel
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I jos jedna fina kolekcija kracih prica o M. Poarou (mada se mis Marpl usunjala kao uljez u zadnjoj prici :P). Mada ove kolekcije imaju sve manje i manje prica: kod ove samo 6, sto nije ni lose posto ima vise mesta da nas uvuce u svaku.

Po meni naj prica jeste prva po kojoj kolekcija i nosi ime. Daleko od toga da je najbolja misterija ali ljubav i detalji kojej je mis Agata ubacila iz ljubavi prema starom dobro engleskom bozicu cini ovu pricu izuzetno zabavnom za citanje. Plus budem nostalgican z
Mizuki
The first story about the Christmas Pudding is great! If you wanted to make Mr. Poirot feel at home, what can be better than stirring up a murder mystery for him during his Christmas holiday? And all these old fashioned British Christmas customs are so endearing!

However, the rest of the stories are still...very standard, not bad but nothing special. I even DNF-ed one of the stories. So, 3 stars only.
Masoud Irannejad
همیشه کتابای آگاتا کریستی رو دوست داشتم ولی اصلا از این یکی خوشم نیومد
فقط دو داستان اول (صندوق اسپانیایی و نگون بخت) رو پسندیدم
.........

نسخه اصلی کتاب شامل داستان های کوتاه از خانم مارپل و پوآرو است ولی در این کتاب خبری خانم مارپل نیست ! و فقط داستان های پوآرو آورده شده

در مقایسه با نسخه اصلی ، دو داستان در این کتاب ترجمه نشده
Greenshaw's Follyو The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding
و به جای این دو داستان حذف شده ، داستان دیگری به نام زنگ دوم قرار داده شده
SheriC (PM)
As much as I love audiobooks, I’ve never been a fan of dramatizations. HOWEVER, I have to make an exception for this BBC Radio 4 dramatization of The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding. I don’t know that it was much of a mystery – I could spot whodunnit as soon as the characters were introduced, but it was still fun, fun, fun. This is only the second Poirot that I’ve read, but I can see why he has such a following.

Audiobook from my public library, via Overdrive. Full cast production was great.
Austra
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ai, šis bija tik jauki! Ātri lasāmi un interesanti. Stāsti kā tādi nav mana mīļākā daiļliteratūras forma, bet ar kriminālstāstiem man problēmu nav, kā izrādās. Kārtējais pierādījums, ka labs rakstnieks pat 20 lappusēs var uzburt izteiksmīgāku ainu, nekā daži labi skribenti 3 sējumos.
Tamsien West (Babbling Books)
3.5 stars. A fun collection of crime mysteries solved by Hercule Poirot, with a bonus one solved by Miss Marple. Sadly only one story in the collection of 6 is actually set at Christmas time, so this wasn't as 'Christmassy' as I was hoping. Overall the stories are well structured for such short crime snippets, revealing and resolving themselves in Christie's signature dramatic style.

As with all Christie's novels the attitudes towards servants being best when they have no discernible personality,
Poonam
Another Christmas Mystery- involving a theft of a Royal Ruby. Quiet transparent as to the cuplrit but a good read.
Petra
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this was delightful. I finally understand why people love Hercule Poirot novels so much. The Murder on the Orient Express wasn't a successful start for me but this one I loved! It has five small cases. Only the first one was Christmas related but I enjoyed all of them equally. There is something so cosy about curling up in a bed and listening to Hercule Poirot's adventures and in the future I will definitely listen some of Christie's mysteries in audio format. My favourite case of the coll ...more
Suvi
Around Christmastime, I figured it'd be nice to start a tradition and read something light and Christmasy (but not fluffy), and Christie knocked on my door again. Because the collections have a confusing publication history, I noticed I had actually read some of the stories before in another collection, but I couldn't remember the murderers anymore, so a reread was in order.

The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding was the only one set during Christmas, and in her foreword Christie explains how her
Aylavella
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
5 historias cortas de la magnífica Agatha Christie. Una delicia reecontrarse con Poirot (4 historias) y Miss Marple (1 historia).
Entretenido, en la línea de esta autora.
Luísa
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vários contos da magnífica Agatha Christie, com o fantástico Hercule Poirot e a miss Marple :) sempre bom de ler
Litzy
acabo el 2015 con Agatha christie. Mi mejor descubrimiento del año. haber como comenzamos 2016. FELIZ AÑO a TODOS !!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! ( ³)❤ ...more
Cristiana de Sousa
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5⭐
Uma óptima leitura para esta época do ano, com um toque de suspense ideal. Super divertido de se ler. Os contos são curtos mas muito bem conseguidos. Aconselho e muito.
  • The Burden
  • Silent Nights: Christmas Mysteries
  • Tied Up In Tinsel (Roderick Alleyn, #27)
  • A Rumpole Christmas
  • The Scoop and Behind the Screen
  • The Unexpected Guest
  • The Life and Times of Hercule Poirot
  • An English Murder
  • Murder Under the Christmas Tree: Ten Classic Crime Stories for the Festive Season
  • Christmas at High Rising
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume  #2
  • Christmas at The Mysterious Bookshop
  • Beware of the Trains (Gervase Fen, #9)
  • The Saltmarsh Murders (Mrs. Bradley, #4)

Agatha Christie is the best-selling author of all time. She wrote 66 crime novels and story collections, fourteen plays, and six novels under a pseudonym in Romance. Her books have sold over a billion copies in the English language and a billion in t

Hercule Poirot (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot, #1)
  • The Murder on the Links (Hercule Poirot, #2)
  • Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot, #3)
  • The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)
  • The Big Four (Hercule Poirot, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Blue Train (Hercule Poirot, #6)
  • Black Coffee: A Mystery Play in Three Acts (Hercule Poirot, #7)
  • Peril at End House (Hercule Poirot, #8)
  • Lord Edgware Dies (Hercule Poirot, #9)
  • Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10)
“A weak man in a corner is more dangerous than a strong man. (Inspector Miller)” 24 likes
“You arouse my gastronomical juices, madame.” 4 likes