Start by marking “The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)

The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  38,116 Ratings  ·  5,437 Reviews
Adelina Amouteru's heart is set on revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her.

But Adelina is no heroine. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her for
Published October 15th 2015 by Penguin Books Ltd UK (first published October 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Rose Society, please sign up.
4six98
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
4six98 I saw something about the 13th of October...wah so far away!:(

Emily May
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, arc, 2015
Right now, what I want is the throne. Enzo’s power. A perfect revenge. And all the Inquisitors, queens, and Daggers in the world won’t be able to stop me.

4 1/2 stars. You know that feeling when a sequel is everything you wanted and more? That's exactly how I'm feeling right now. I honestly could not put this book down.

This series just blows the Legend trilogy out of the water. I think Marie Lu has found her calling in dark fantasy and I hope she continues to write more. The Rose Society is fas
WinterRose
Nov 08, 2014 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Me after the first book:

Andreea Pop
Damn. Damn damn damn. That's all I can think really, because my thoughts are a blubbering mess. I have awaited this sequel for more than a year and now that I've finally had time to read it, I can assure you that The Rose Society does not disappoint.

But I have not anticipated just how dark, twisted and, frankly put, sad the story will become. And at times, it was a little
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”It is nice, being powerful. Seeing others bend to your will. I imagine this must be how kings and queens feel – that with just a few words, they can ignite a war or enslave an entire population. This must be what I fantasized about as a little girl, crouching on the stairs of my old home, pretending to wear a heavy crown on my head and look out at a sea of kneeling figures.”

I think it’s safe to say that “The Rose Society” was an amazing rollercoaster of emotions and a more than just constant ba
Etnik
Dec 17, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

THE COVER GOT ME LIKE

description

I don't like the waiting.Especially when it comes to Marie Lu'books.

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
"They were the flash of light in a stormy sky,
the fleeting darkness before dawn.
Never have they excited before,
nor shall they ever exist again."
-Young Elites.

(YES, I LIKE TAKING PICTURES WITH MY BOOKS!)

I've seen nothing but dazzling 5 stars review on The Rose Society, don't let it mislead you. This was far from perfect. It has its pros and cons, but i still enjoyed it very much. Most of you probably won't agree with me, and that's okay. I am more than happy to hear your opinion on the plo
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

What indeed.

4.5 stars. I AM SPEECHLESS. If there's something I didn't expect, it was to meet a female-lead who could equal Jorg of Ancrath's dark ambition.

Saying that I didn't have great expectations before starting The Rose Society would be an understatement. Indeed I was part of the (very) few who weren't convinced by The Young Elites, mostly because I felt that what I read wasn't what I've been sold : I found the first installment boring, tame, in a word : disappointing. That's why I'm glad t
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
PAIN
SO MUCH PAIN
EVERYWHERE
EVERYTHING HURTS
BUT IT HURTS SO GOOD
PAINPAINPAIN

*breaks out in three days grace headbanging*
Maggie
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
❝We are drawn to stories, and every scar carries one.❞

Rating: 5/5 ✩

If I had to sum up my feelings towards finishing this book, towards the end, since the beginning, in the middle, it would simply be sad, mad, and proud. 3 simple words to sum up my emotions.

This will probably be different and longer than most of my reviews, but here goes nothing...

“Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

Adelina Amouteru’s heart h
Natalie Monroe

"What is so great about being good?"

I have a teensy confession to make. The Young Elites isn't as good as I made it out to be in my review. If it weren't for the fact that Marie Lu wrote it and I have mad respect for the woman, it would've been a 3.5.

But not The Rose Society. These five stars are fully, wholly merited.

The reason? Adelina fucking Amouteru.

"It is nice, being powerful. Seeing others others bend to your will. I imagine this how kings and queens feel—that with just a few
Pat
Oct 22, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

So what do you think will happen next? Here's what I think.
(view spoiler)
Obviously, I am not too sure about it. But I really wish it'll happen.
✨    jamieson   ✨
"Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all."

It's only taken me five months to review this! Everything is fine!

When I read this trilogy in January I instantly fell in love with it. I was shocked I'd heard so many negative reviews because I adored it - the tone, the characters, the plot, the complexity and the darkness of it. Six months on I still do feel as much passion and love for this series as I did then - and I
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Alafiya
Shelves: fantasy
Birthday buddyread with my twin sister, Alafiya, born ten years later in Pakistan from a different set of parents. Lol. Happy birthday to us, my newly found friend and potential soul mate! <3 (Click her name for her awesome review.^^)

On your special day, Alafiya, I wish you more peace, love, happiness, knowledge, friendship...and all that stuff that doesn’t cost anything. Lol!

Now, about the review

“Names give weight, reality to an idea.”

The introduction of the story with its imaginativ
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
Well. That was better than I ever could've hoped for. *insert evil laughter here*

My wishes came true. I wanted Adelina to embrace her dark side more and she did. Oh, did she ever. I fucking love books that are from the point of view of the villain, and Adelina is so deliciously evil in this it was an absolute delight for me to see. There was a contrived, obligatory love triangle added to this book, but it was so inconsequential that it was very easy to ignore.

That ending was perfect. I'm not gon
P
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Someday, when I am nothing but dust and wind, what tale will they tell about me? Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.”

Oh my god. I don't even have words for this. My head is spinning. My heart is beating so loud. My hands are shaking I can't put words into this review correctly. So I will start from my feeling towards this amazing book, which impressed me in many ways that I lost count. The Rose Society is
Adam Silvera
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark and glorious. If I were a villain, Adelina would be goals.
Kells Next Read
I will keep you until the day I choose not too. You have destroyed and harm all that is dear to me. In return, I want you to know what that feels like. I will not kill you. I will keep you alive. I will torture you. Until your soul is dead"

WOWWWW!!!!! THIS BOOK WAS FANTASTIC. I LIKED LOVED IT SOOOOOO FREAKING MUCH.

Marie Lu you are a writing Goddess

Me when I started this book

photo jimmy fallon gif_zpsjza92kwz.gif

Me at the end of this book
 photo sad falling apart Gif_zps7xfljud2.gif
Guys for those of you, who haven't picked this sequel up as yet to The Young Elites ~~~ What th
Kassidy
*4.5*
Pang
EPIC Sh*t!!! So Dark. and Vicious. and Intense. Shocking moments and Heart-breaking all over again. The character developments are phenomenal!!! I love it, I LOVE many things. Worth-waiting, yeah!
Claudia Ramírez
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015

I don’t know exactly how I feel about this book. I mean… I really liked it! It was fast-paced and addictive. It was also really dark, wow, Adelina blew me away! The last chapter left me without words!

What I don’t know is if I liked this one better than the first one (or if is the other way around), I mean, The Young Elites and The Rose Society are two VERY different books,
Kitty
The cover has been revealed. Hmm, not sure how I feel about it. I like it more than the first one though.
WHY CAN'T THIS BOOK COME OUT SOONER!!!!!?????? I JUST FINISHED THE FIRST ONE AND NEED THE SECOND ONE NOW!!!!!!! THE FIRST BOOK!!!!
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

“I pledge myself to the Rose Society until the end of my days,
To use my eyes to see all that happens.
My tongue to woo others to our side.
My ears to hear every secret.
My hand to crush my enemies.
I will do everything in my power to destroy all who stand in my way.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
After the duel everything changes for Adelina. Being used, betrayed and cast out she flees with Violetta to another city.
There she tries to find allies who help her succeed her goal- to get revenge on Teren and the Queen a
Masooma
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 dark stars

Confused decisions , panicked emotions, betrayal, destroyed childhood, a craving for love!
Yes, this is Adelina Amouteru, the cast-out elite who dearly feels the absence of her friends and is ready to fill the gaping void with revenge. Marie Lu is a genius for having created such a dark character whose mind twitches and turns around paranoia and negativity. This, mistrusting is however, pretty much justified in Adelina's case because of her wretched childhood and the heart-breaking
Whitney Atkinson
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
This book was so intense! I love it because it's so different than anything I've ever read. Adelina is such an antihero, and the way that her darkness consumes her and the way that it can be read as a metaphor for mental illness (at least, the way I interpret it sometimes) I think is just really chilling and well done. Teren is so intriguing in this book, and he was one of my favorite characters from the first one. The reason I took off a star is because I listened to this on audio, and while th ...more
Stacee
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Wow. Wow.

First off, this is definitely not your normal book 2. It is filled with plotting and treachery and delicious twists.

I've loved Adelina from the beginning. She's strong and still stubborn and she isn't afraid to fight for what she wants. Even if everyone else thinks it's wrong. However, the Adelina in this book is a little bitter and fairly mean. It's definitely quite darker than the first book.

There are some excellent new characters and some really shocking things that I didn't
Heather 'Bookables'
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Loved this! If you didn't like the 1st book in this trilogy I would highly recommend you still read this one! There's alot more action, more world building and a ton more darkness!
Sana
3.75 stars.

Oh my god I'm so shook, what on earth was that ending? That ending was a huge ball of what-the-fuck and just....my god, I'm speechless.

This book was pretty dull throughout and Adelina was an annoying pain in the ass, but the last 25% of this book made up for that.

Full RTC.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

As those of you that have read the book know, Adelina is fighting her darker side, but she doesn't seem to be winning. She's loving all of the evil things she is doing and a lot of them I agree with because most of the people are evil anyway. You know.. that revenge thing... some are just plain evil, but I digress.

Adelina and her sister Violetta are on a mission to find more Elites to bring over to their side. I do love some of the new characters that come in
Andie
Holy awesomeness! Marie Lu wasn't messing around when she said this was going to be much darker than The Young Elites. She has really amped up her game and the results are stunning! You thought you loved The Young Elites? You ain't seen nothing yet!

The Rose Society picks up right where The Young Elites left off. We saw Adelina being cast out of The Daggers and she is hurt and angry and out for revenge. Adelina and Violetta have left Kenettra and are in search of recruits to enlist into their ow
HAS ANYONE READ THIS YET?? 2 13 Aug 07, 2018 06:13PM
Adelina's Theme 4 5 Aug 07, 2018 03:56AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Rose Society (Young Elites #2) - Restarting October 5th 2017 142 223 Oct 14, 2017 02:31PM
The Young Elites: hello 2 20 Apr 16, 2017 01:05AM
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2)
  • Crushed (Soul Eaters, #2)
  • A Book of Spirits and Thieves (Spirits and Thieves, #1)
  • Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2)
  • Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Skandal (Sekret, #2)
  • Deceptive (Illusive, #2)
  • The Storyspinner (The Keepers' Chronicles, #1)
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta
More about Marie Lu

The Young Elites (3 books)
  • The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)
  • The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Leave Myself Behind
    $15.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, so she destroyed them all.” 390 likes
“The irony of life is that those who wear masks often tell us more truths than those with open faces.” 296 likes