Start by marking “West 57” as Want to Read:
West 57

West 57

Meet Julie Chavan.

Julie’s trying to rescue the legendary New York publishing house, WEST 57. Everyone else in her life is trying to rescue Julie. Her mother. Her ex-fiancé. Her ex-best friend. Even the ghost of her dead father. They all think they know what Julie needs.

Actually, what Julie needs is a big bestseller for WEST 57 — but her debut of the year’s hottest book is
Published August 19th 2015 (first published August 13th 2015)

Brian Freeman
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I promised readers a big surprise this summer, and here it is: I have an all-new novel available now!

WEST 57 is a very different kind of book from my thrillers...it's funny, sexy, romantic, and (I think) irresistible. I want it to make you laugh and cry about love, friendships, and the big choices in life. I hope you'll give it a try (and tell your Goodreads friends about it, too).

How did WEST 57 come about?

A few years ago, I released a book called THE AGENCY under the pseudonym "Ally O'Brien."
Kristine Davila
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5 funny stars!
Peggy
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bf_stand_alones
Audible book I listened to at work. The story was pretty good but wasn't a "I can't stop listening" type. Freeman's mysteries are much better.
Wendy Amundson
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was not my cup of tea. Thriller writer Brian Freeman, writing as B.N. Freeman, tries a breezier style that does not work for me. It feels like he's trying, but not succeeding, to have more of the feel of a Janet Evanovitch mystery. He uses conventions throughout the book that make me groan. For example, he almost always substitutes "freaking" for the more profane "f" word, followed by the female protagonist saying something like "And no, I didn't really say freaking." He did this DOZENS of ...more
Diane
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am very happy to say that I loved this book. There is a lot of quick wit and that is what I love. I may have wanted things to happen the way they did but I didn't see some things coming, again what I want in a book. I loved the way there are books within a book, always a good read for a book lover. While this may look like chick lit it reads with more wit and bite than usual for chick lit. I hope that the book that is front and foremost talked about so much, Morningside Park, is written by thi ...more
Jami Caldwell
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read everything this author writes & love it all. I really wasn't expecting to enjoy this light romp as much as his suspense books..... I was pleasantly surprised, however; this was the perfect mix of entertainment, "who-done-it" & "I've gotta keep reading!" Brian Freeman has crossed genres effortlessly & impressively; I will gladly accept anything he ever writes again. Ever. Grocery list?? Done. Just send it over, kind sir!
Amanda
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel (cynical me did not have high hopes :/ ) I get so use to enjoying my favorite authors a certain way and typically do not expect a lot when they "genre-hop", but as a loyal Freeman fan I gave it a chance and was not disappointed! The wit, the worked in mystery, the characters <3 <3 <3 West 57 was great!!
Kristi
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Really Great Book

Poignant and engaging, this book is full of love and the energy of a life well-lived and the promise of a life yet unfulfilled. Then the mystery of crime lays another layer of complexity and bam! You have yourself a Really Great Book.
Ann
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I laughed so many times. Brian's look at the complexities of female friendship is delightfully funny. Combined with book publishing business insight and the trademark Freeman twist ending makes this a must read. Read it now. You'll thank me later.
Karen Kroll
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Loved the main character and her relationships with the other characters, and the breezy writing style. The plot twists kept me reading way too late.
Karen Krecklow
Nov 22, 2017
Gail R Burgess
Feb 01, 2018
Acraiglpnyahoo.com
rated it did not like it
Sep 26, 2015