Start by marking “The Truth of a Liar” as Want to Read:
The Truth of a Liar

The Truth of a Liar

“Life doesn’t always go according to plan. In fact, it has a nasty habit of veering off the map. So when my job led me to New York City, something extraordinary happened…her script merged with mine.”

Hadley Theater, New York City, New York - Night

ENTER STAGE LEFT-Rowan Townsend, a twenty-nine year old Broadway starlet, strolls onto the dark, ominous stage. The bright spotli
Kindle Edition
Published October 20th 2015 (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Truth of a Liar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth of a Liar

Cassie Graham
Aug 26, 2015 Cassie Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lark had a lot of growing up to do. Thank you for reading his story. Thank you for taking a chance on him.
Kandi Steiner
Oct 08, 2015 Kandi Steiner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indies-who-rock
Well, it's official - Cassie Graham has a style. I wasn't sure if I would be able to expect the same sweet, lovey, and fun story line I've come to love from her with TTOAL, but I was pleasantly surprised. After that ending in Anyone But Him, I was nervous - but she definitely spun Lark's story in a way I wasn't expecting!

I hereby crown Cassie Graham the queen of modern-day Disney fairy tales. That's the best way I know how to describe her style. She writes in a way that makes you get the butterf
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 13, 2015 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing

Wow where do I start???
I have to admit I hadn't read Anyone But Him this is where we first meet Lark so I was slightly confused in the beginning BUT this soon changed.

The storyline is brilliant, Lark is an FBI agent who is assigned to look after Rowan who is the female lead in a Broadway production as she is being targeted by a human trafficking gang in New York.

As its no longer safe for Rowan to be in her own apartment Lark and his colleagues move her into a secret home and things soon
Tina Lynne
Sep 14, 2015 Tina Lynne rated it it was amazing
Cassie Graham does an excellent job of taking a story that could be good and making it great. The Truth of a Liar is by far my favorite of the books she has written. It has everything you expect from a contemporary romantic story with a healthy dose of intrigue and excitement thrown in. If you have read the companion story, Anyone But Him, you will already know Lark Hawthorne. But the beauty of him having his own story is that we see who he was in the prologue, which is set in the same time as A ...more
Candy at Prisoners of Print
Aug 18, 2015 Candy at Prisoners of Print rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Eek! I’ve been waiting to get Lark’s story from the moment that he turned jerk in Anyone But Him. The Truth of A Liar is filled with suspense and romance, and a touch of everything you could want in a book. It has action to keep you on your toes and some great one-liners to make you laugh. Overall, everything from the characters to the plot to the writing was fantastically done.

“I only know Lark at night. In the light of day, he’s a closed off shell of a guard. But at night, everything changes.
Natasha Rowlin
Oct 30, 2015 Natasha Rowlin rated it really liked it
There was a lot to enjoy about this book! A nice romance along with a mystery and a cast of relatable characters. It was a pleasure to read this book.

Lark, a former troublemaker has emerged years after accepting the truth of being what he is - a liar - and is now an agent, using his skills to the best of his ability. His case - to protect Rowan, a Broadway star that has become the target of a dangerous group and who seems oddly familiar to him. While a lot of the story involves meeting Rowan an
Kelsey
This book was certainly not what I was expecting. I didn't think that it would turn into what it did towards the end, and for that I feel that there could have been much more fluff added to the most suspenseful part of the book. That was my only dislike about this novel was that the most suspenseful part was very shorted lived, and very vague, in my opinion. Other than that, the story line flowed very well, and there wasn't much question as to what was going on throughout the novel.

Lark Hawthorn
Ashlei
Nov 15, 2015 Ashlei rated it it was amazing
"The truth of this liar isn’t something…it’s someone."

How do you put into words all the things you feel about a book? To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what to say about this book. It was everything I wanted it to be. Sexy, suspenseful and intriguing.

I read this book as it was being written. I got to see the progression of the story, the changes, the feelings put into it. Graham did a phenomenal job with this one. You could feel her growth and the love she put into it. And the research sh
M. Addison
Dec 23, 2015 M. Addison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
My rating: 5

Okay, after binge reading Anyone But Him and then this sequel - I'm obsessed over Lark! I love seeing how much he's grown between the books. I love this one so much more than the first, sorry Cass! (:

Lark has become an FBI Agent! How sexy is that!! Really loved this plot so much! Lark gets an assignment to watch over Rowan (love that name btw), a target for human trafficking in NYC. Again, such interesting and relatable characters. He ends up going out of town for holiday with her
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 31, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it really liked it
The Truth of a Liar is my first book read by Cassie Graham and I enjoyed it.

Rowan Townsend is a 29 year old broadway actress. She's done some work for a human trafficking organization that has her in the crosshairs of a vicious trafficking ring. Lark is a FBI agent that is assigned with a team to protect her. He's full of demons from his past that he hasn't let go of yet. One of them being that he was a douche to Rowan in High School. However, there are sparks between the two after they come fac
Anne-Marie Mogensen
Oct 30, 2015 Anne-Marie Mogensen rated it really liked it
For some reason that completely alludes me I had a rough time getting started on this book - I really have no idea why as I was not familiar with the author beforehand. However, once I sat my behind down and sort of forced myself to begin reading I couldn't put it down.

Cassie Graham is not afraid to create real people - Lark is flawed to the very core of his tormented soul and it made me really feel him. It made me cheer for him to overcome his obstacles and have that happily ever after.

Rowan ha
HeatherP
Mar 30, 2016 HeatherP rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
I didn't read the companion novel "Anyone But Him" but I don't think that took to much away from me while I read this book.

I liked the characters Lark and Rowan. They were great and well developed. Lark is the FBI agent assigned to protect Rowan, the Broadway star. Their communication was excellent and so much better then I read in a lot of other books. They have history and while he is trying to save her they work through that and a whole lot more. The story is full of suspense and mystery. Th
Jennifer G.
I was given this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I give this book 5 stars!!!!

After the last book I read with Lark in it, as much as I did NOT like him. I never thought I would even want to read anything else about him; UNTIL I just read "The truth of a Liar". Because O-M-G. He was amazing in it. Tells so much about why he was the way he was, because he isn't that way anymore. Now he is this great, awesome, giant, teddy bear; that I couldn't help but fall in love with.

I loved the
Natasha
Oct 26, 2015 Natasha rated it really liked it
I received a ARC in exchange for a honest review.
4* read.
First book I've read by this author. I have to say I really wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this book or not as I hate liars so I thought I wouldn't connect with certain characters at all. Luckily that wasn't the case and I was pleasantly surprised by this book and how much I did connect with the characters and story. It started a little slow for me but soon picks up and grabs your attention, and from then on its none stop action and drama.
Lark i
Cortney Thompson
Nov 21, 2016 Cortney Thompson rated it it was amazing
Amber Tinsley
Oct 14, 2015 Amber Tinsley rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in return for leaving an honest review.
This book turned out to be so much better than what I expected. I can't stand liars. So I fully assumed that Lark was gonna stay on my negative list. Well we all know what they say about assuming. The book was a little slow at first, but it didn't take away from the book. Once I started reading it it was hard to put down. Rowen was by far my favorite character. She possess so much strength and resilience. The ending of this b
Cassandra
Aug 19, 2015 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So at first I was hesitant to want to like Lark. When we first met him in Anyone But Him he wasn't painted in the best light, especially what he did to my sweet Whitley. But with Rowen he is a completely different person. I guess 6 years can change a person. I loved that he wasn't the typical bad boy. While he had some of those characteristics, he was also very emotional which was refreshing. What Rowan and Lark go threw together just brings them closer and makes them each better people. The mor ...more
Teagan
Aug 28, 2015 Teagan rated it it was amazing
I was given this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Thanks Cassie for telling me what an ARC was :) hehe

The book started off slow but quickly grasped my interest. I'd have to steal away minutes here and there at work or home just to read a few pages because I couldn't get enough. Although it took me a few awhile to actually finish the book, I loved it! I look forward to what Cassie has to offer in the future!
Bme311
Aug 26, 2015 Bme311 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! The suspense was killing me (in a good way of course), I didn't want to put the book down. I was a little hesitant about Lark at first(from anyone but him) but easily fell in love with his character. Cassie graham wrote about an awesome group of characters and the story they all told ended perfectly. The storyline was great and I love the bond that all the characters shared. Truth of a liar is the perfect mixture of romance & suspense, and definitely worth the read!
Marlena Bell
Oct 07, 2016 Marlena Bell rated it it was amazing
I'm such a sap!

This was a beautiful story! Towards the end of the action came one of the most emotionally raw scenes I've ever read! I'm in awe of Cassie Graham's talent. Lark and Rowan's story is exciting and dramatic and serendipitous and heartfelt and I could read their story forever! Go read it and weep!
Cynthia Settimo
Aug 26, 2015 Cynthia Settimo rated it it was amazing
I do not want to give anything away on this book. It was AWESOME. I loved both Lark and Rowan. When I read the first teaser long ago about working toward him ultimate lie, I had no idea what to expect, however I do not think it is what I got. Loved it.
Gemma Curran
Oct 06, 2015 Gemma Curran rated it it was amazing
4.5 ***Read and reviewed on behalf of Fictional Men's Page For Book Ho's***
Amanda
Dec 24, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it
Loved the characters!
Paula  Phillips
May 27, 2016 Paula Phillips rated it liked it
In The Truth of a Liar by Cassie Graham, though it can be read as a stand-alone , it may be wise to read the first book Anyone But Him as the first chapter of The Truth of A Liar features the story of Whitley, Jennings and Lark and has Lark apologising to Whitley. I was a little confused and had to re-read a bit to make sure I was fully comprehending the chapter and I think if I had read the book Anyone But Him, I might have understood more on what Lark was apologising to Whitley about. The book ...more
Marissa
Oct 24, 2015 Marissa rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

Two unlikely people meet one night and suddenly things are not as it was.

We meet Rowan Townsend, a twenty-nine year old Broadway starlet, who strolls onto the dark stage. As the spotlight hits her she smiles. Unknown to her serendipity strikes at that moment.

Lark Hawthorne, a handsome twenty-nine year old FBI agent and self-proclaimed liar walks to Rowan and grabs her arm, moving her off stage.
He tells her that she is not safe as he whisks her away to a secluded cabin.

Can
Bridger Bitches
Nov 06, 2015 Bridger Bitches rated it liked it
Shelves: sophie, arc
Ok, so going in I did not realize this was a companion novel to Anyone But Him, so I was a little disappointed I hadn’t read it first. But that is my own fault and it didn’t take away from the story. I just like to read things in order. I have never read a novel by Cassie Graham but I can now declare that I am a fan. This did start off a little slow to me but once I got into the story I was hooked. I liked Rowan and Lark’s characters and the suspense in the story line kept things moving along ni ...more
Christine
Sep 30, 2015 Christine rated it liked it
This is a sequel of sorts (maybe more of a companion book) to 'Anyone But Him' and while I did not enjoy that book, this was much better. Set a few years after the first book, Lark (Whitley's ex-boyfriend) is now an FBI agent assigned to rising Broadway star, Rowan. They have a history together, but Lark doesn't recognize her from their high school days. There was a threat involving human trafficking which was slightly ridiculous, but I liked the relationship between Lark and Rowan and found the ...more
Ashley
Jul 08, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
if you have yet to read Author-Cassie Graham, you are for sure missing out! I devoured this book in a few days (cause I have to adult, haha) and loved every second of it! I wanted to know what was next with Rowen & Lark the moment I had to stop reading! Lark was such a great character and so sweet! I loved watching the progression of their characters.
Kikikirana
Kikikirana rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Sally Brooks
Sally Brooks rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
8119976
A Moscato aficionado, and chocolate mistress, Cassie Graham is a born and raised Arizona girl. Her sass knows no bounds and almost always has something kind to say, no matter the situation. She runs a platform of love and strives to bring those attributes out in every book she writes.

Cassie studied English and literature in college and has an intense love for fairytales. Go figure. Though she lov
More about Cassie Graham...