Start by marking “The Opposite of Comfortable” as Want to Read:
The Opposite of Comfortable

Read Book

The Opposite of Comfortable

Sharon Nir, a young mother and successful businesswoman, is faced with the most difficult decision of her life; should she abandon her career and her place of birth, Tel Aviv, to follow her husband, who has been offered a once in a lifetime opportunity—a surgical fellowship at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City?

In this heart-breaking and riveting memoir, Sharon shares h
Published May 17th 2016 by Viki Press

To ask other readers questions about The Opposite of Comfortable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Opposite of Comfortable

Autumn Byrd
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-library
The following review is based off my own opinions, thoughts and reactions. So in other words brace yourself. *There may be inappropriate words such as curse words.* You have been advised in advance.*

A big thanks to the author for holding the giveaway that allowed me to acquire this book. Thank you so much for your kindness of hosting the giveaway and for being such an empowering lady! Bless your heart and thank you!

description

Reading this book has left me feeling more appreciative of the things that have c
Story Circle Book Reviews
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The language of business management is foreign to me, so when I began to read this memoir by Sharon Nir, The Opposite of Comfortable, and soon found myself in the land of "Knowledge Management" and "The Magic of Repositioning," the terminology was only jargon. The style seemed like the reportage of an MBA, and I was a little slow to become engaged.

But I did get into it, once I realized that this is a memoir that could help me grow as a person. The Opposite of Comfortable is exactly where I was a
Julia Drake
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Opposite of Comfortable talks about the universal struggle of women to balance career and family, but Nir's memoir adds a whole new level to the equation by telling her story of immigrating from Israel to the U.S. What a minefield of hoops to jump through, particularly for someone as skilled as her and her husband. As an immigrant myself, I couldn't believe how little I knew myself about the pitfalls and how broken the immigration process really is. Along with hands on advice on all the thin ...more
Lace
Aug 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I have never been a big fan of autobiographies and memoirs but this book sounded like I might actually enjoy it. It had its good moments but still ultimately left me a little bored and wanting more out of it. It was an ok read, but I think I will steer clear of autobiographies and memoirs from now on.
Michelle Olms
  • Falter Kingdom
  • The Girl Who Saw Words
  • A Great Fullness
  • The garden party
  • No Pizza Delivery? (Horse Haven, #1)
  • The Wish (Cloverleaf Chronicles #1)
  • Righteous Release
  • Chocolate Meltdown (Beowulf Chronicles, #3)
  • Past and Pending
  • Teatime with Mrs. Grammar Person
  • A Promise Made
  • Raising an Entrepreneur: 10 Rules for Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, and Change Makers
  • Why Can't Somebody Just Die Around Here
  • Hide and Seek
Sharon Nir was born in Tel Aviv, Israel. She holds a Bachelor of Art degree in Language and Literature from Tel Aviv University, and an MBA in Marketing and International Management from Northeastern University, MA. As a system analyst and marketing manager in the high tech industry, Sharon developed the first Knowledge Management system in Israel and enjoyed a successful high-tech career when at ...more
“Every crossroad in life has four options – quit, adapt, proceed, or accept, but quitting is a dead-end.” 4 likes