Start by marking “The Sacred Truth (Tactical Men, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sacred Truth (Tactical Men, #2)

The Sacred Truth

(Tactical Men #2)

The only failures in life are the mistakes you don’t learn from.

It was only supposed to be casual. Then I fell for her. Falling head first in love, only to have fear rip it out from underneath me. I severed us with my destructive words. Correcting all the mistakes I’ve made is what I have to do, I just don’t know how.

She does. She always knows what to do.

However, fate ha
ebook
Published April 4th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Sacred Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sacred Truth

Stacey
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Tactical Men Series by J.L. Long, it can be read as a standalone, but after reading this I want to go back and read the first one in the series. Not because I felt I missed out on anything, but because I want to read more from this author.

My God! The Sacred Truth hit on all the emotions for me. I laughed, I cried, my heart ached for both Nolan and Jenna. Nolan is in love with Jenna and for that reason he's willing to go to great lengths to protect her from anything
Coco.V
Dec 31, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/31/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
The only failures in life are the mistakes you don’t learn from.

She does. She always knows what to do.

However, fate has a way of deciding things like this for us, doesn’t it?

This is part of the Tactic
Allison Michaels
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jenna and Nolan were introduced to readers in A Dance Worth Dancing. Enough groundwork was laid to pique my interest and make me look forward to reading their story. JL Long did NOT disappoint me. Jenna and Nolan are complex characters who stole my heart and left me wanting more even after I turned the last page.

The story begins with Jenna lamenting over the way Nolan suddenly and inexplicably dumped her with the lame "let's just be friends" offering. Although she agreed, Jenna can't stop thinki
Christie72
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
What an emotional rollercoaster! I was happy, sometimes sad, and frustrated, mostly at Nolan!!! Nolan and Jenna were introduced in the previous book, A Dance Worth Dancing. The book opens with Nolan dumping Jenna. He thinks she’s too good for him, and he fears that he has a hard time revealing to others, but she has no idea that’s why he’s doing what he’s doing. She just sees it as further evidence that she isn’t good enough. She agrees to be friends with him, but he can’t deny the attraction th ...more
DLS Book Blog
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Poor, sweet, beautiful Jenna, I LOVE her! I love that even though life dealt her sh!t hand of cards a majority of the time, she always adapted and overcame instead of wallowing in self-pity. Jenna is a very strong heroine, fighter and added great depth and character to this story. I truly feel if Jenna were real –or if I could live in a fictional world lol!- we would totally be best friends! I connected with her in such a way that I felt all of her emotions while reading this story.

Nolan was not
Dana Busenbark
In this second book of the Tactical Men series, we focus on Nolan and Jenna's relationship. We see what happened between them in the waiting room after Colt had been shot. Now I am angry with Nolan. As you get further into the story, when Nolan finally spills the beans to someone about 'why' he felt the way he did, my heart melted. I could empathize with his thoughts. I could see why he felt that way. What is going on with Jenna that she's so 'mad' at him all the time about things? Why does ever ...more
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author but it certainly won't be the last. The Sacred Truth is the second blood in The Tactical men series. It can be read as a stand alone but I do wish that I had read A Dance Worth Dancing First to get a real feel for two of the main characters from that book.

Jenna had a vile childhood which has had a massive impact on her whole life. She falls for Nolan but Nolan doesn't want her. He sends her mixed signals all the time showing that he didn't want
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(3.75 stars)

This is part two, and you MUST read the first book to even get what's going on in this story.

So we finished A Dance Worth Dancing knowing that Nolan and Jenna were somewhat a couple but they have some issues.... namely Nolan telling Jenna they should see other people. Now that Jenna has found the one man that makes her day start, how is she ever going to move on.

Nolan told Jenna a lie... he doesn't want to see other people. But he has his reasons for telling her
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book hit close to home for me because it describes what life is like being in a relationship with a SWAT police officer. Being married to one who was in the unit for 9 years I can so relate to what JL Long describes of not knowing if your loved one will be home at any given time; spending a lot of time alone; and having plans changed at the last moment because of a call out. JL definitely understood the difficulties of being in that type of relationship and what it does to the individual an ...more
Caroline
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

The Sacred Truth us the second book in the Tactical Man Series, it was my introduction to J.L. Long and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it is book 2 it can be read as a standalone, I'll definitely be going back to visit book 1 to read more about these characters and their friends.

Nolan has left Jenna in a move that he feels is protecting her. Jenna is determine to have Nolan back as she believes they both have strong feelings for ea
Samantha Ortegon
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Sacred Truth is my first read by JL Long and I know it will not be my last.
For my first SWAT police officer story, it had me emotional. The bond between this group of characters is masculine, yet these men are strong enough to let their guards down when it comes to the ones they love. The women they love seem to be the backbone they need and it's inspiring.

Nolan comes off as a jerk at first, womanizing his way to avoid his feelings for loving the one woman that makes him happy. I could not
Books Laid Bare
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it

Nolan thought that staying away from Jenna might protect her from the inevitable issues that arise when you’re involved with a member of SWAT, but what he hadn’t anticipated was that he might be the one to break her by trying to keep her safe. Just one problem with that, his heart and head aren’t exactly on the same page, so there was only so long that he was ever going to be able to keep how he feels about her under wraps, because at some point, something was going to have to give and I was fai
2OCC Reviews
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alice
This book, this book right here will give you all the feels! I laughed, I cried, I shouted at my kindle. What an emotional rollercoaster.
Jenna comes from a broken home, not knowing what love is.
Nolan is scared, scared of dying and leaving the ones he love.
Together can they get through their fears? Can they find love when life seems so dark? - You'll just have to read to find out!
This is the second book in the series, yet it can be read as a stand alone. I devoured the first book and I'm pleased
Barbara Jaros
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was provided an ARC of The Sacred Truth in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read by JL Long and I was not disappointed. I loved Jenna and Nolan's story. They both have very deep seeded fears that they need to overcome. And while they don't necessarily overcome all those fears, they do learn to not let those things determine their happiness. Love gets to give them a happily ever after!

While this is the second book in the Tactical Men series, it can most definitely be re
Melissa
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! This is a dual POV book that hooked me from page one. I love both Jenna and Nolan. I really felt what these characters we feeling. They are both dealing with their past and how to move forward in their future.
Nolan knew that he wanted Jenna but struggled with protecting what he wanted rather than giving in to it.
Jenna knew she wanted Nolan and that he felt the same but she couldn't quite get him to stay.
The way the story is told you really get a sense of the amount of love,
Brandi
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed the second book very much. While not as action packed as the first this book dealt with some heavy topics. I can't imagine having a mother like Jennas. She was hard and cold and abusive. Her dad had no excuses but learned to be a better person. We see a side of Nolan that makes your heart swoon and honestly feel for this man. Jenna was such a broken girl hiding behind laughs and sarcasm. One scene did bring me to tears and I think anyone who's witnessed that scenario has cried
The Book Cave  (Devon Farrow )
I was given the opportunity to read The Sacred Truth as an ARC for an honest review
There is the perfect amount of drama and angst in the book to keep you turning pages.
Nolan such a strong dominant military man turned swat officer has unseen demons he cant seem to get rid of and is scared to love Jenna with his whole heart until it may be to late. Jenna so use to being unloved except be her friends wonders if she will ever have a wholesome love. This book was really a good read. It's the 1st I've
Jamie
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jenna just want to feel important, like she is worth being loved because she sure didn't get that as a child. Nolan doesn't think he has enough to offer anyone especially Jenna. She is everything he never knew he wanted and is scared to hope she would want him too with all his baggage he carries. Two souls destiny has brought together, can they learn to work through their struggles together, can they see that together they are stronger then when they are apart and throught this journey they just ...more
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Wow, I was so wrong about how I saw this going but I loved it. Nolan was looking for just causal with Jenna but when it turn into more he got scared , felt he wasn't right for her which in return cause him to hurt Jenna, but now his hurting cause no matter what or how long apart from her he can't shake her, can he let go of his fear for love or will it be to late? I loved it. This whole series is awesome.
Anna
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by JL Long. It's the second in the series but can be read as a stand alone. This was a very emotional read. It wasn't so much what was going on with the couple but what could happen. The sacrifices that people make in life. I connected with the two main characters and got a good feel for the others as well. I will definitely read more from her.
Brittany
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Sacred Truth was a great book! I absolutely loved Jenna and Nolan. Don't get me wrong, in the beginning I was cursing Nolan, but you can't help but love him! I loved him and Jenna together. Jenna went through so much in life she deserved every bit of happiness she got!
Deanna Cardineau
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm writing a arc review in the book the sacred turth ..all I have to say is WOW that book was really great..I cried I laughed ..it was powerful and emotional book..if incould give more stars I would ..
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved

Oh another great read from this author. I loved Jenna and Nolan story. Anxiously waiting to see what is next in this series
Jacqueline Garcia
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I from this Author and I absolutely loved this book.
This is what true love is all about.
M.K.
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Sooo good. All the feels with this one. Jenna and Nolan's struggle to their HEA. Each has a past to overcome, but eventually they get there! Highly recommend!
Mona williams
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
what a amazing love story! i couldnt stand her mother who does that to a child they are suspose to love. you rocked with this book! hope to read more in the future!
Alicia Huxtable
Enjoyable read

This story was one I couldn't put down. I don't normally read Romance stories but this one had some real life situations and I found it quite good to read.
Paula Genereau
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! I'm so glad I get to see More of Nolan and Jenna. I loved their story. It had its up and downs with them but I loved it. They show that life's not perfect and it's not easy to fix the problems that happen.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

**** 4.5 stars ****

I enjoyed this book very much. While not as action packed as the first, this book dealt with some heavy topics.

Jenna's mom is a tyrant and a bitter woman. She was every form of abusive you can imagine, except physically. She chose to cut Jenna down with words. Her dad left them and he really had no excuses as to why he left yet he learned to be a better person.

We see a side of Nolan that makes your heart swoon. Your heart will feel for this man. Jenna was such a broken girl
Ann
Shelves: arc
ARC Review - This book hit close to home for me because it describes what life is like being in a relationship with a SWAT police officer. Being married to one who was in the unit for 9 years I can so relate to what JL Long describes of not knowing if your loved one will be home at any given time; spending a lot of time alone; and having plans changed at the last moment because of a call out. JL definitely understood the difficulties of being in that type of relationship and what it does to the ...more

Tactical Men (2 books)
  • A Dance Worth Dancing (Tactical Men, #1)