Start by marking “Insomnia's Ink” as Want to Read:
Insomnia's Ink

Insomnia's Ink

Insomnia’s Ink is birthed from night hours of little sleep, caffeine,
and open eyed dreaming. Sit with Susie Clevenger beneath a forty
watt moon and explore the shadow and light of emotions that visit
her between midnight and the birdsong of morning.
Published August 12th 2015 by Wings O' Butterfly

To ask other readers questions about Insomnia's Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insomnia's Ink

Start your review of Insomnia's Ink
Jacqueline Smith
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ever since reading Susie Clevenger's first collection of poetry, Dirt Road Dreams, I've been eagerly anticipating a second. Insomnia's Ink does not disappoint. Beautiful, eloquent, and a touch darker than her first collected works, Insomnia's Ink speaks to the soul and paints beautiful imagery of nighttime, sunsets, and raw human emotion.

I am truly envious of Ms. Clevenger's gift of poetry. Her words simultaneously soothe and stir. Insomnia's Ink is the perfect collection to keep you company by
Shay Caroline
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Having read her first volume of poems, "Dirt Road Dreams" in 2013 and having loved it, I was eager to read this follow-up volume and it didn't disappoint! The book is divided into two sections, "Midnight" and "Birdsong", with the theme throughout being insomnia and renewal.

Susie Clevenger's poetry is so genuine; she strikes no poses, but that is not to say that the writing is simple because it isn't. She tackles the most difficult stuff, from life and death to finding one's own voice in the
Stacey
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Here's what I do with a book of poetry: I fold down the corner of any page that has striking, memorable, or powerful lines. Or even ones that just tickle my fancy. Insomnia's Ink has nearly every page folded down. Susie Clevenger has a way of putting even two words together that strike a chord in the reader's consciousness. Good poetry is like a key that unlocks a stuck door. These poems instantly transported me to a higher plane of thought and feeling. It's the quickest way to leave the mundane ...more
Ben Ditmars
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Susie Clevenger is a seasoned poet, writing with all the force of years behind her. I have probably read this book three or four times already (to be honest, I’ve lost count). There is a high mastery of structure and emotion in her verse from which the reader cannot easily escape. I find myself drawn back to the comfort and truth she delivers so readily. Tremendous poetry for those who wish to understand and feel.
James Peercy
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“…Be the light for another until you’ve burnt the darkness from alone…” is a powerful line from this book of poetry. Sweeping thoughts leap from each page. The verses speak of the humanity in all of us and our obligation to help those who need it most. Triggers, memories, and stories open up from its pages. Well done.
Sreya Bremtin
Sumit
Sep 26, 2015
Carrie Horn
Mar 17, 2016
I like to refer to the whole world as my muse and I translate my observations of life into verse. My poetry conveys both the bitter and the beautiful side of life. Life is an education with many tests that require us to learn from experience. Sometimes we get an A other times we fail, but we never stop learning.

I am a coordinator for the New World Creative Union and a member of the online writing