Start by marking “Where Lightning Strikes (Bleeding Stars, #3)” as Want to Read:
Where Lightning Strikes (Bleeding Stars, #3)

Where Lightning Strikes (Bleeding Stars #3)

4.37  ·  Rating Details ·  3,156 Ratings  ·  475 Reviews
Do you know what it feels like right before lightning strikes? How you can feel the current running through your veins? The trembles of warning that ripple through the air? It was a thrill Tamar King chased all her life until it became the very thing she had to escape.
For the last four years, Tamar King has hidden herself in an isolated world she created. She was safe. No
Published March 22nd 2016 by A.L Jackson Books Inc.

Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog
Where Lightning Strikes is an intense, intoxicating, and incredible story of epic love, the kind that strikes hard and fast like lightning, scorching the soul and crashing through the heart while emotions pour like a rain storm. This is not a typical rock star romance. This is a tale that’s full of feels. Like a kiss takes the breath, Where Lightning Strikes steals the feels. They are no longer yours. You. Are. Owned. By. This. Story.

Oh did Where Lightning Strikes strike me like a sucker punch:
A.L. Jackson
Mar 16, 2016 A.L. Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
Okay guys...it's always a weird thing rating my own books. But I do it here. Often after everything has been edited and formatted and ready to go and I've spent some time away from the characters who've lived inside my head for the better part of a year. Lyrik & Tamar quite literally consumed me. I spent time walking around in a daze as I thought about them, as their story grew within my mind and they became bigger and bigger pieces of my heart. I truly fell in love with them. With their sto ...more
KAS
Feb 11, 2017 KAS rated it it was amazing

4.5 Stars

Lyric.Is.Bad.To.The.Bone.

Totally loving this series!

Lyric and Tamar haven't seen each other in seven months. Their best friends are getting married, bringing Lyric back to Savannah, Georgia. Tamar is not ready for his return. For that matter, she will never be ready. He is a force to be reckoned with and her defenses against his dominating presence are weakening.

This is a push/pull relationship to the nth degree! A love/hate relationship. A we're getting ready to go "Boom!" relationship
Sabrina
Jun 13, 2016 Sabrina rated it really liked it

I don't know why I waited so long to read anything from this author, but clearly I'm a bit insane. I started with this book because the blurb caught my attention more than the others, but I wasn't lost with the secondary characters at all, so it was fine to read as a standalone.

A.L Jackson's writing was almost poetic in a way, with word after word sucking me into this story until I was trapped for the rest of Lyrik and Tamar's journey. And it wasn't an easy one, not with both of them having toug
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

Such a beautiful and intoxicating story! A.L. Jackson blew me away with her beautiful writing and her unique characters. Her writing is poetic and lyrical, once you’ve read this book you won’t be able to stop yourself from wanting more and more. Where Lightning Strikes is intense, emotional and sweet.

description

Lyrik and Tamar are such different characters. Lyrik is the lead guitarist, and is known to be a manwhore, but when you get to know him better, you see him for the broken man he really is.
Olga therebelreader
3.5stars

I just expected more from the story than what I got. The up and down between the h and the H was great! Overall, the book had me feeling warm and fuzzies, with a bit of sadness. It was a really nice and sweet story. I am giving it only 3.5 stars because there was something missing for me and some part of it around 50-70% was a bit boring. I, also, felt like the overall plotline was a bit predictable.

In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 3/5 | Writing Style 3/5 | S
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Full review posted at: http://natashaisabookjunkie.com/2016/...

[6 STARS]
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

This is one of those instances where the book gets better the further along you go. The problem is it takes way too long to get to the good stuff.

Tamar and Lyrik are a volatile, damaged pair. She’s a fiery bartender, living life on the run from a dangerous past. Lyrik is a hardened, womanizing lead guitarist of a popular rock band who is coping with his own private pain. Lyrik is determined to do whatever it takes to get in Tamar’s pants, while she is insistent on keeping her distance a
Give Me Books
Mar 18, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
Where Lightning Strikes is a beautifully written, heartbreakingly, real life story of love, suffering and forgiveness. The words flow off the pages like lyrical madness that sucked me in from the very beginning. As I stare at this screen and attempt to put all the feels into words, I don’t know that I will be able to do this book justice.

From the very beginning, my heart took up residence in my throat and stayed. My eyes were on the verge of leaking and the feels were off the charts. Feels that
Anna
Jan 29, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing
5 brilliant and electric stars !!!

Lightning:

noun
a brilliant electric spark discharge in the atmosphere, occurring within a thundercloud, between clouds, or between a cloud and the ground.

That's how I felt reading this book. Electric sparks flying everywhere between Lyrik and Tamar. The feelings were so vivid and intense. You'll feel light and airy one moment reading as these two fall in love. Then you'll be gutted and your heart will be bleeding due to the forces they're trying to fight th
Michelle
 photo 1643ac778897e7e4f80dfc8b56240b_zpsknbn3d1f.gif

photo fbf90d93f205d2a3ff9a96bbccaeb0_zpscph9o9cf.gif“Do you know what it feels like right before lightning strikes? How you can feel the current running through your veins? The trembles of warning that ripple through the dense air? The crackling energy that bristles across your skin and shakes you to your bones? It’s as if nitrogen and oxygen have come alive. As if every element in the air is combustible. Explosive. ”

An intoxicating spellbinding read that will electrify and sing to your soul!!! A.L. Jackson will consume readers with her lyrical
Paige
5 "Boom" Stars

Perfection. I feel all light and airy and impassioned and emotional at the same time. A.L. Jackson just keeps getting better. Her writing is poetry in prose with a quiet intensity that grips you from the very first word and doesn't let up. Lyrik and Tamar's story is appropriately named as their journey is infused with sparks that burn between them until they were no longer able to be contained.

Tamar and Lyrik have known each other for some time since their best friends Shea and Se
 Sonya-❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥
★★★★4 Stars★★★★

"Do you know what it feels like right before lightning strikes? How you can feel the current running through your veins?

Tamar King has been in hiding for the past four years. Finally at a point where she's comfortable in her new life,she starts to let her guard down a little. Swearing off men entirely,she HATES her attraction to bad boy rock star Lyrik West. Knowing that he's nothing but trouble,Tamar fights their attraction at all costs until one day they both decide to just
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
★★★ COVER REVEAL ★★★

★A Bleeding Stars Stand-Alone Novel★
★Release date: March 22nd 2016★

★Exclusive Pre-Order on iBooks-->

★Rafflecopter--> http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/disp...
Chris- Bookaddict
Aug 29, 2015 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
I loved Lyrik & Tamar's story so damn much.... so much compassion, love, heartache, suffering, forgiveness....
Mallory
2 stars

Not a fan of this one. This is not what I've come to expect from Ms. Jackson :(
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jan 21, 2016 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Where Lightning Strikes by AL Jackson
4.5 stars!!

“Sometimes fear shouts so loudly it drowns out everything else.”

Once again AL Jackson totally captivated me with her poetical and lyrical prose and totally submersed me into Lyrik and Tamar’s story. A story of two broken people that had the potential to heal one and another. A gravitational pull, side glances and a love to hate relationship all encapsulated into a story of putting the past to rest and living for the now. These two have a lot of
Pam Nelson
5 Where Lighting Strikes Stars

Ok I am putting it out there… The first 2 books in the series were just ok for me. But this book hot damn! I loved it. I mean yes! Finally we get the band/brothers feel, and friends.

I think that’s what I was waiting for with the other two books. We get a little bit of it but not like this book this book they were an integrate part of the story. And I loveeeed that.

We get Tamar’s pain and anguish right away but we also know there is something going on with Lyric we
AJ
Dec 16, 2016 AJ rated it really liked it
4 stars

This is the third book in the Bleeding Stars series, and OMG, my poor heart!!! This is a chemistry-filled, angsty (yet swoony) love story between two incredibly damaged people - both of them hiding their true selves, and the source of all of their pain - but they find something amazing together. It’s heartbreaking and raw, but wow, it’s a beautiful story.

Tamar King has been through hell. She’s on the run from her real life and for four years she has been hiding out in Savannah, slinging d
Chiara Cilli
Nov 20, 2016 Chiara Cilli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2016

Passione e tormento, un duo vincente!

Sai cosa si prova poco prima che il fulmine colpisca?

Avevo inserito questo romanzo nei futuri acquisti quando, una mattina, suona il citofono. Chi è? Il corriere. Strano, non ho ordinato niente... Forse qualche lettrice mi ha inviato i romanzi da autografare. Apro il pacchetto e... tadà! Alice, thank you so much, love you ♥

E così, sono tornata da A.L. Jackson . . . e wow‼ Questa autrice è una garanzia, la sua abilità di raccontare passione e angoscia è straor
Betul
Aug 26, 2015 Betul rated it really liked it
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Do you know what it feels like right before lightning strikes?"

We met Tamar and Lyrik in A Stone in the Sea. This book is their story. The moment Tamar met Lyrik she started acting differently. In the previous books we got to see Tamar as a tough girl who didn't need anything or anyone, especially from guys. Lyrik had been trying to get with her for about a year but was unsuccessful. In the last couple of years Tamar has build a wall around her a
Jo *Reading Is My Bliss*
Mar 12, 2016 Jo *Reading Is My Bliss* rated it it was amazing
Kindred Spirits are two people that make a special connection by sharing a bond that has joined them by the means of an experience that has drawn them together on a higher level of consciousness. This connection can be from the same experience at the same time or two separate experiences similar in nature. - urbandictionary.com

This is how I think of Lyrik & Tamar. Individually they have been through experiences that have shaped their behavior, thoughts, decisions and lives. It is this that
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

I loved it.
It was way too long though. Way too much poetic thinkings and blaahs.
And the worst thing is Lyric never starting a sentence with the word a sentence is supposed to begin - like I or something like that...HORRIBLE ... But still - it was a very sexy and moving rockstar romance! I cried a lot. But it should've been 80 pages shorter! I can't wait for Ash's book, but Austin is next. I hope I'll have time for him soon!

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Amy
Mar 01, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
5, You sing my soul, Stars!!

"Like an aurora of dancing, captivating lights that turned out to be nothing but a black hole. Consuming life and light. Those near-black eyes caught mine, almost stopping me in my tracks as they glimmered with that same dark mischief, as if any moment he would strike. Reach out and take me in his grips. Devour and destroy and desolate."

"There were some wounds that went too deep they could never be erased. But God, I wanted him to try. To erase some of this acute lone
Brianna
May 12, 2016 Brianna rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars

Really loved this! I've been excited to see Tamar and Lyrik's story. I am (VERY) excited for Ash's story when and if we get one. I didn't expect the plot twist that came towards the end. I knew something messed up happened but couldn't figure out what. Tamar is definitely a favorite character for me- loved her!
Wendy Legrand
Sep 24, 2015 Wendy Legrand rated it it was amazing
A beautifully poetic story that culminates in the perfect storm!

This is the first thought I had when I finished this book. A.L.'s writing is so lyrical and poetic, reading this story was like listening to a song, full of soothing notes but also surging crescendos.

I have been interested in Tamar from the first time we met her in A Stone in the Sea. She's obviously a feisty thing, with her bright red hair, colorful tattoos and perfectly made up face. She seems to have quite an aversion to rocker
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 4 You Sing My Soul Stars ~

What happens when two extremely broken people meet and come together?? Well you will find out that answer once you read Where Lightning Strikes.

There are so many things I love about an A.L. Jackson book. Her stories are emotional, gripping and intense. Her characters are real, flawed but lovable. Her words are powerful!! Any reader can’t help but get swept up in her books.

Where Lightning Strikes was no
Angela
Feb 27, 2017 Angela rated it it was amazing
Once again I fell for a Rocker! ❤ His name is Lyric West he's everything you want and sometimes you don't want. A.L. Jackson gives readers great strong characters you can't help but fall for.
Lovin this series!
Heather Pollock
Sep 14, 2015 Heather Pollock rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rocker, favorites
#Review #wherelightningstrikes #lyriklove @aljacksonauthor #book #oneclick #ALJackson #WhereLightningStrikes #LyrikandTamar

Where Lightning Strikes
by A.L. Jackson

QueenZany 5 STAR REVIEW

Warning if you suffer from a heart condition. Be forewarned that you may have heart palpitations! Do to the excessive heart clenching ride that you are about to experience!
Also you should at times carry a box of tissues with you! Do to excessive crying that will accrue during this book!

“Where Lightning Strikes” i
Donna Norman
Feb 06, 2016 Donna Norman rated it it was amazing
Sang to my soul

Here I was happy and content with Seb and Shea's story in A stone in the sea and Drowning to Breathe, definitely not prepared for the lightning bolt that is the story a Lyrik and Tamar.

This book can be read as a stand alone, however I would highly recommend reading the aforementioned books, re Seb and Shea's story X plus it would be so worth it.

My my my, what can you say about Lyrik, hot as hell, bad ass, sweet and caring all rolled into one ! I think I have fallen a little furth
  • Wild Chase (Vengeful Honor, #1)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Carmen's New York Romance Trilogy (Carmen's New York, #1-3)
  • My Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys Series, #2)
  • No Apologies
  • White Lilies (The Mitchell Sisters, #2)
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume I (Titanium Security, #1-3)
  • Dazzled
  • Getting Lucky (Jail Bait, #4)
  • Hardcore: Complete Series Box Set
  • Fortune (Fortune, #2)
  • Forgive Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance, #2)
  • Out of Focus (Chosen Paths, #3)
  • Mogul (Groupie, #3)
  • Crave Me (The Good Ol' Boys, #4)
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, as well as the newest BLEEDING STARS novels. Watch for the last installments, STAND, coming in 2017.

If she’s not writing, you can find her
More about A.L. Jackson...

Bleeding Stars (6 books)
  • A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)
  • Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars, #2)
  • Wait (Bleeding Stars, #4)
  • Stay (Bleeding Stars, #5)
  • Stand (Bleeding Stars, #6)

“She’s a gorgeous nightmare and he’s a wicked dream…” 6 likes
“You are everything I never expected. Never anticipated. Everything I never knew I’d need.” 3 likes