Start by marking “Wedding Date for Hire (Anyone But You, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wedding Date for Hire (Anyone But You, #2)

Wedding Date for Hire (Anyone But You #2)

Maddie McCarthy is single, between jobs, and (oh, the shame) lives with her mother. To make matters worse, she's the maid of honor for her sister's wedding, and desperately needs a date. Then she sees her salvation—Match Made Easy, a service for women in Maddie’s exact position. If she can't find a boyfriend, she'll do the next best thing...

Hire one.

Trent Montgomery isn'
Published October 12th 2015 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Date for Hire, please sign up.

Jennifer Shirk Although it is part of a series, you do not have to read Fiancé by Fate to follow the story at all. Thanks for your question! :)

Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 30, 2015 Wendy'sThoughts rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance, Entangled
3.5 Learning About Yourself Stars * * * 1/2

I have been on a Wedding, Fake Mate, Pretend Partner binge. I have a soft spot for these types of tales and when one of them does a great job of giving a little something extra, I love it.

This book had sass and a bit of snap. The characters were likable and human. Neither one was exactly perfect. Both had relationship issues which caused them to be cynical in many ways about romance.

Our fella is actually a gem; good heart, loves his cousin and figured
Jennifer Shirk
Aug 24, 2015 Jennifer Shirk rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you've read Fiancé by Fate, you'll remember Sabrina's friend Maddie. :)

And yes, I wrote this book so feel free to disregard the 5 star rating. LOL
But I do love this story and hope you will too.

And, as is my style, here are some of my favorite/amusing lines from the book:

“Ah, like how Sharon Parker’s bra kind of found its way into your locker?”
He leaned in, resting his elbows on the table. “Are you going to constantly bring these things up the entire time we’re dating?”
“Sorry. Just using my p
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Super cute!

I really enjoyed this one, it was just what I was looking for. Jennifer Shirk never disapoints. Wedding Date for Hire uses one my favorite plot devices, two people pretending to be a couple. In this case, Maddie hires a guy to be her date for her sisters wedding. Wanting to save face in front of an ex and to shush her nosey family she feels this is her last resort. She was not expecting to be matched with Trent.

Maddie was easy to like and root for. Trent was also very likable. I love
Paige
3 "Matched" Stars

Wedding Date for Hire is a sweet story about a for hire wedding date. Maddie needs a date to her sister's wedding not only to try and disprove the family curse of the eldest daughter failing at relationships but to show the best man, her cheating ex-boyfriend, that she's moved on. What she doesn't expect is to hire the once star quarterback and old high school crush, Trent. As they spend 5 days together, both start to see each other in a new light and wonder if they could be mor
Elaine
Oct 11, 2015 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely story where family jokes and quips at the expensive of one person really aren’t funny to the victim. She’s fed up of the WD40 mentions (you’ll need to read it to understand that) and determined she won’t show up alone to her sister’s wedding where her ex-boyfriend is also the best man. Seeing an advert for ‘Match Made Easy’ seems to be the answers to her prayers until she meets the match - someone she went to school with and humiliated her in those days despite her having a secr ...more
BookLover
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for a honest review.

I love a good “fake relationship” story!!! Two people coming together under false pretenses and then developing real feelings along the way. They are full of misunderstandings and when done right, just the right amount of angst. I really enjoyed reading Maddie and Trent’s incredibly sweet story.

Maddie feels pressure as her sister’s wedding looms. She’s been cheated on, dumped and lost he
Kathy Jo
Oct 16, 2016 Kathy Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Maddie's life has been flipped upside down. Between breaking up with her cheating ex-boyfriend, losing her job because of said ex, her family's "curse" and being the maid of honor at her sister's wedding, she's about to lose her mind! When she finds out that her ex is the best man, she is desperate to get a date to the wedding. But she has horrible luck with men. So what's a girl to do? Hire a fake boyfriend that's what! She's good to go with the plan until she meets her match... Trent. The jock
Katie W
I love chick lit and this one totally delivered! Maddie needs a date for her sister's wedding and fast! Without any prospects on the horizon, she turns to Match Made Easy, a paid service, to find the perfect date to show her family she is not affected by "the curse." What she gets, or rather...who...is not quite what she is expecting: Trent. Maddie is a little uptight, but so adorable.

Trent isn't perfect, but he sure comes across that way. I love the way he was able to handle Maddie and the situ
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
If you are looking for a fun, flirty romance for some light, happy reading, this will fit the bill perfectly. This book is sure to make you smile. It sure made me smile!

Maddie is entertaining and a bit frustrating. She has a crazy family and deals with a lot of pressure about getting married. She needs a date for her sister's wedding and decides to look into Match Made Easy- a date for hire company.

Trent is the guy that is matched up with Maddie. I love how Trent decides early on that Maddie is
Julie Carpenter
Maddie has a problem...a little problem, possibly a big problem. But when she opens her mouth to stop her cousin's rudeness and pressuring she creates a whole slew of problems, escalating her little/big problem into disaster mode. Oh why did she let her cousin provoke her? Why can't she just stay calm. Maybe it's all part of the curse....

It started years ago, this curse. Maddie is a grown woman and has been suffering from it and hearing about it all her life. If there were ever any way that she
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Kim

Maddie McCarthy is tired of being the laughing stock of her family and living with the curse of being unlucky in love. In a moment of frustration, Maddie decides to tell everyone she has a boyfriend. When she sees an ad advertising the services of Match Made Easy, she sees this as an answer to at least one of her prayers. Too bad her hopes and prayers are dashed when she discovers her Match Made Easy date is with Trent “Money” Montgomery.

Back in high school, Trent was an arrogant,
Tara
Oct 18, 2015 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable fun!

This is book two in the series, but could easily stand on its own...but I loved seeing Sabrina and Jack from "Fiancé By Fate" again. So I would recommend reading the first book. :)

Maddie and Trent...they were such a fun couple! Both such likable characters and I found myself easily rooting for them. Maddie believes she's a victim of the family "curse" when it comes to her love life...so when her sister's wedding rolls around, she hires a date from a rent-a-date service to try to si
Danielle
Aug 28, 2015 Danielle rated it really liked it
This was a cute and funny story. Now I didn't read the first book but I can say I really enjoyed this read.

Maddies sister is getting married but on top of that she was dumped and lost her job. While fitting for her dress she tells her family she has a boyfriend and hires Trent. These two went to high school together and Trent wasn't very nice back then. When she hires him to be her date it's all make believe until feelings begin to change.

I loved Trent and Maddie as a couple. They had some real
Stephanie
Aug 06, 2016 Stephanie rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. I am usually extremely stingy when it comes to buying books, but when I see a fake relationship story on sale for $0.99 I can't help myself. Wedding Date for Hire was a super cute, fast read and I have no regrets.

This had all the elements that I enjoy in fake relationship books. I wish the book would have been a little bit longer, though, just so it could expand on some of the secondary storylines a bit more. I felt like there were a lot of things brought up and then quickly resolved
Irene
4 stars

Wedding Date for Hire was a sweet, fun and entertaining read.

I enjoyed the storyline, the characters were engaging and very likable. Maddie and Trent romance was entertaining and kept me interested from start to end. I loved watching them fall in love.

Overall Wedding Date for Hire was a heartwarming read which will leave you full of happy feels.

Thank you Entangled Bliss via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Laurence
It's honestly a pretty good book, even though it's short!
Linda
Oct 08, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
I loved the epilogue at the end that wrapped up the couple's story with a pretty bow.

She hesitated a moment then slipped her arm through his. "Just remember, I lead, you follow."
"Okay, but when we're dancing at the wedding, I lead, you follow."
She sighed dramatically. "I guess I can agree to that."
He chuckled. "See? I have a feeling this the beginning of a beautiful fake relationship."
She worried her bottom lip as they walked toward the kitchen together. "I'm sure glad one of us feels that
Diane
This is such a well done, funny book about Maddie McCarthy, a girl known as "Fatty Maddie" back in high school, a girl who had some really embarrassing things happen, like a prom "date" that never materialized, even after she bought the dress. Oh, and he was the star of the football team and all-around jerk.

Fast forward 12 years and Maddie is still apparently cursed by the WD-40 effect (you know, where men just slip away). She's lost her boyfriend and then her job. Oh, and her younger sister has
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Aug 31, 2015 Misty (Red's Romance Review's) rated it really liked it
Maddie McCarthy is jobless, single and feels like there is a dark cloud hanging over her head. Her family has her believing in a old family wives tale that she is cursed in the romance department, and that she will she find forever with someone, which makes it hard for her to have any faith in love or relationships. With her sister's upcoming wedding she is in desperate need of a date, she figures if she has a date her family will refrain from harassing her about the family curse, but with no bo ...more
Susan Swiderski
Aug 27, 2015 Susan Swiderski rated it really liked it
It really wasn't her fault. I mean, what's a girl to do when she's about to be the poor pitiful old maid of honor at her baby sister's wedding, and her lousy cheating ex-boyfriend is gonna be the best man? Of course, Maddie wants her sister's wedding day to be perfect, but how can it possibly be perfect for the bride if the whole darned family is feeling sorry for her poor out-of-work, out-of-luck big sister?

See? She had to do it. She had to hire a drop-dead gorgeous escort for all of the weddi
Donna (More Than a Review)
Oct 13, 2015 Donna (More Than a Review) rated it it was amazing
Wedding date for higher by Jennifer shark reminds me of the movie Wedding Date with actress Debra Messing. This storyline was even sweeter than the movie because he was someone she knew in high school. I am a fan of books by Jennifer shirk. So I was excited to read wedding date for hire. You cannot help but fall in love with her Maddie and everything she's dealing with.There were some very cute scenes between Maddie and Trent and them getting to know each other again. Admittedly, I thought the c ...more
Bette Hansen
Sep 02, 2015 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
Maddie McCarthy's life is in the dumper! She's lost her boyfriend, her job, and horror of all horrors, she has to go to her sister's wedding dateless unless she does something. Quick!! Since finding a date seems impossible, and she can't stand the humiliation of going alone, she does the next best thing. She hires an escort (not that kind, keep it clean people!). When her date turns out to be Trent Montgomery, her high school tormentor and she might have had a little crush on him, she's ready to ...more
Isha Coleman
Oct 10, 2015 Isha Coleman rated it really liked it
Nowhere to go but up? Wedding Date For Hire is my first novel by Jennifer Shirk. It was worth the wait. Maddie has been experiencing a spell of bad luck recently. She's lost her job moved in with her mother and found out her sister is getting married. What does she do? Hire a dating service to find her a date for the wedding.
Let the hi-jinks begin. With any other writer the story could have come across absurd but Ms. Shirk took desperation and turned it into an enchanting read. I received an AR
A Leisure Moment
description

A dash of trickery, a pinch of family curses, and a splash of romance, Wedding Date for Hire had a Hallmark feel and a storyline that Entangled Publishing has become so well known for. Add Jennifer Shirk’s newest book to you TBR list, and fast, because it’s worth the read.

Read the rest of the review by following this link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2015/10...
Englishrose
Nov 12, 2015 Englishrose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was flirty and fun, and a wonderful read. The story was fun and gave you all those wonderful tingling feelings you love to love. The main characters are believable and fun, with a plausible back story and a sweet romance. You really find yourself cheering them on as they find their way to true love. Side characters fill in the wedding, and some seem to have their own stories I'm sure have or will be written. A perfect book for a long soak in the tub. Definitely would recommend this one ...more
Alisa
Oct 20, 2015 Alisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was a fun read! Maddie's life has gotten desperate; in an attempt to save face at her sister's wedding (and get a little sweet revenge on her ex-boyfriend who is the groom's best man), she hires a date. And she gets Trent, who just happened to humiliate her in high school (just when things couldn't get worse...). But Trent has changed a lot since high school and he's determined to prove it to her.

Content: Clean - some innuendo, mild swearing
Source: Amazon.com
Helen
Sep 21, 2015 Helen rated it it was amazing
Another hilarious romance from Jennifer Shirk! Thank you for the advanced reader copy. A real pleasure to read. It had heart, humor, and best of all--it was CLEAN. A rarity.
Maddie hires a date for her sister's wedding to save face, but the only man available happens to be a former crush from high school who treated her like a jerk back then.
Sandy
A very sweet story filled with smart dialogue, sympathetic characters and hilarious scenes. I was smiling from the first chapter on.
Jules
Oct 20, 2015 Jules rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud moments, a drool worthy hero, one crazy family, and a heartwarming happily ever after end. What more could this reader want?
Carolynn
Aug 26, 2015 Carolynn rated it it was amazing
Another winner by Jennifer Shirk! A feel good romance that is clean and fun.
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Speaking of Love (Perfect Kisses, #2)
  • Head Over Heels for the Boss (The Donovan Brothers, #3)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
  • Her Secret, His Surprise
  • Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Christmas Proposal
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Last Chance Proposal
  • Her Accidental Husband (The Sorensen Family, #2)
  • The Man Behind the Mask
  • Pretend It's Love (Behind the Bar, #2)
  • Jingle Bell Harbor (Bell Harbor, #3.5)
  • The Bad Boy's Baby (Hope Springs, #3)
  • Stealing the Groom (Stealing the Heart, #1)
  • Hitched!
  • Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)
Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy-which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.

She writes sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Avalon Books/Montlake Romance and now Entangled Publishing. Her novel SUNNY DAYS FOR SAM won the 2013 Golden Qu
More about Jennifer Shirk...

Anyone But You (3 books)
  • Fiance by Fate (Anyone But You, #1)
  • Wrong Brother, Right Match (Anyone But You #3)

“I do think you should change in private. You don't see me ripping off my clothes in front of you, now do you?"
He gave a deep fake sigh. "Sadly, no.”
5 likes
“What are you all worked up about?" he asked warily.
"This," she spat, motioning to the small space where she sat and he lay, "is what I call taking advantage." Glaring, she looked all flustered and—Lord-don't-put-him-in-more-hot-water-than-he-already-was—sexy with her blond curls bouncing with each word she sputtered. "And you can kindly remove your hand now, too."
He glanced down and blinked. Then, with as much remorse as he could muster, he carefully slid his hand out from underneath her butt.”
4 likes