Start by marking “Spearmen of Arn” as Want to Read:
Spearmen of Arn

Spearmen of Arn

2.44  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Published December 1st 1978 by Dorchester Pub Co

To ask other readers questions about Spearmen of Arn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spearmen of Arn

Charles
Jul 18, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
I read this fairly recently but have almost no memory of it at all. I guess that tells you something about it's impact on me. I normally remember books I read pretty well.
Leila Anani
Niven81
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I first read this book when I was eight, back in 1989. I read it six more times between the ages of eight and twelve. After that the book was lost to me and I spent twenty years trying to find another copy.

For me, Spearmen of Arn sits up with the other classics of my youth, Howard's various Conan stories, ERB Tarzan and John Carter and Foster's "Splinter of the Mind's Eye".

As an adult and looking back I can tell you it is not the best written story, Howard and Burroughs blow Dowdell out of the
Leothefox
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is basically a diet "A Princess of Mars", and I was expecting that, but I guess I hoped it'd be slightly better. It's got the introduction bit where the story is discovered, introduces a portal universe discovered via a gateway in The Bermuda Triangle, and then there's a good deal of expected sword and planet stuff. Del Dowdell has a fair number of ideas to keep the story moving and provides various settings for Bumper Phillips to explore (yes, the hero is named that). The book really sleep ...more
Lucas