Start by marking “Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur” as Want to Read:

I am witnessing a phenomenon. It seems as though a growing group women entrepreneurs all around the world has discovered the secret to success and happiness in both their lives and careers. It's almost as though there is a hidden, underground world of power playing females who have all cracked a magical code: they think positively, they support one another, and they truly ...more
Published August 14th 2015 by Passionista Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Girl Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Code

Sarah Churchill
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seriously enjoyed this. I'm on a bit of a self development drive at the moment and reading as many books like this as I can, but this is one of my favourites by far. Maybe because it's written by a woman specifically for women, but it's just so empowering, and... nice!

I've made a major shift in my life over the past year, distancing myself from people who bring me down, turning away from bitchiness and gossip and not engaging with haters. Instead I've surrounded myself with positive influences
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting to get back into reading business books, and this was a great one. I've been a big fan of Cara for a long time but this was the first book of hers that I've read. I can't wait to pick up more from her! This book was really inspiring and made me want to reach out to all of the incredible women I know. I see myself reading it many more times in the future.
Lesley
Aug 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I actually returned this to Audible. I found that I couldn't relate to it at all, the Chanel purses, the glitter, the magazine cover beauty talk... Not for me at all and I found the interviews with the Girl Bosses pretty cheesy.
Mirkat
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mixed Feelings on Girl Code
I was torn about whether to give this book two stars or three, so I split the difference and went with 2.5*.  As suggested in my title, I had mixed feelings on this one.  I am a sucker for "cooperation instead of competition."  I am all for being supportive of others, inspired instead of envious.  I think the advice to create something that doesn't exist but that you wish did is a great concept.  But I get skittish about the buzzspeak on "limitless luxe"; that if you
Temi Panayotova
Somewhat inspirational...
Tiana Warner
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
The overall intent and message is good. Women need to empower each other, to stop competing, to stop feeling jealous when another succeeds. There is plenty of success to go around, and if we support each other's dreams, everyone wins. Awesome. The later chapters on dealing with negativity and jealousy had a few nuggets of wisdom that I will call back to if I ever feel envious of someone else's success, or if I receive negative reviews/feedback.

But oh, god, this was such a Basic Bitch book. "You'
Courtney
There are many, many things to love about this book if you're looking for another book about how to like yourself, talk positively to yourself, trust the universe, and give yourself permission to care for yourself.

Unfortunately, timing wise, I think I am over the whole movement of motivational books for women being based solely on social and familial stories, buzz words that are hyper-feminized, and self care tips. I'm ready for the how to books on getting shit done. Tell me how to start my bus
Stephanie
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Lots of inspiration here, and surprisingly positive perspectives on dealing with jealousy and haters. Truly encouraging and a nice, quick read.
Terguunjargal Jane
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

Бүсгүйчүүдийн оролцоо удирдах түвшинд хэрэгтэй байна.
Бид хэдий болтол өөрсдийгөө эрчүүдээс дор үзэж хэн нэгэн эмэгтэйгээ өөрийгөө харьцуулах вэ?
Аливаа зүйлд өөрийгөө сорьж хамгийн гол нь оролцох нь чухал. Өрсөлдөөнийг мэдэрч өөрийн хүрээнээс гар. Өөрөөсөө илүү бүсгүйчүүд байдгыг мэдэж ав. Энэ л чухал.
Эмэгтэй хүний өмнө тулгардаг бэрхшээлүүд, нийтлэг ойлголтуудын тухай эмх цэгцтэй бичжээ.
Yoanna Mladenova
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Първото впечатление за повърхностно четиво към края се опроверга. Тайната на успеха не съм открила, но се замислих върху доста аспекти от пътя към него - завистта, самочувствието, изборите, които правим.
Jasmine LaBine
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
So many typos...very repetitive and materialistic.
Tiffany
Sep 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
This book is rather insulting to women. It's so cheap and feeds into that " all women are merely princesses" bullshit. Telling me to grab my hot pink highlighter and put on my thinking tiara is so silly. I couldn't relate at all, and I tried to get through but it was just not good. Don't even get me started on the constant use of the term "Mompreneur" which once again separates a women's accomplishments from a mans And that it's only impressive because she is a mom.
Everything in here could be f
Feb 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
so badly written and normative to one particular brand of femme women.
Yvonne Bainbridge
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the moment when the perfect book came into my life at exactly the right time! Thank you Cara for sharing your story and introducing us to so many other inspirational women.
Khawlah Alsalem
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very nice quick read. Lots of inspiration to empower women and to broaden their mindsets in order to succeed in their entrepreneurial journey. If you ever felt alone, grab this book and you’ll find the support you were looking for. No matter where you are in your career, I trust you’re going to get a lot from this book.

The Girl Code emphasizes on the idea that women need to empower each other, to stop competing, to stop feeling jealous when another succeeds. There is plenty of success to go ar
Evelina Rumenova
Feb 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
The intent of this book is nice - to empower women and to broaden your mind in order to succeed in life. However, this "book" had no effect on me. It's basically a repetitive talk of how you should love yourself and trust the Universe, and then suddenly all of your dreams will eventually come true.... Well, this doesn't work like that.
It is generally true that positive attitude can make you a happier person, yet this doesn't apply to achieving goals. This scribbling contains nothing but clich
La Toya S. Krider
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
The theme of this book is great, there should definitely be more female entrepreneurs and sometimes those who have that dream need a little nudge to achieve it. But something about the writer’s style that I didn’t love. I also noticed a few typos so maybe that had something to do with it. But I will say that the tricks to being a better “sister-friend” and woman in general were nice.
Shala
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This book has some great info in it. I personally didn't jive with the narration of the information. I am not a super aggressive type of person, and this author is. Kudos to her and her success. I am just a more gentle woman, and felt some of the information was a bit off putting.
Felisa Wieser
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
❤ All women should strive to support and encourage one another. We need to lift each other up instead of dragging other down! ...more
Maria Petrocco
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly motivational!! Will reread!
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm all for the perspective this book enforces, about positivity and support between people, instead of competition. For me though, it seemed to be written for people who struggle with competitive jealousy among their peers in their field, so reading it felt like a bit of a step backwards in that regard. I didn't finish it, but I fully back the message of supporting fellow women on our way to success.
Dee Dee
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another disappointing read for 2018. Perhaps the most disappointing.

I had this book in my kindle for so long and although I had other personal development books ready to read this year while I pursue my entrepreneurial goals, I finally decided to give this quick, seemingly empowering read a far shot.

The beginning was promising and reinforced my new take on life and interactions with women as far as being supporting and not letting envy stop you from pursuing your goals or wishing bad on your f
Donna
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was direct and many of the messages in it really hit home being an entrepreneur and businesswoman. Some themes that really struck me: friend and family rejection, friendships, life experiences, compassion, jealousy and understanding empowered women, empower women---finding those women to be part of your life. It was a quick easy read, and I took so many notes that I plan to expand on. Great read if you want to be empowered to look inside yourself and see that you a ...more
Marilyn Jess
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must for any woman who wants a shot of confidence. This book was recommended somewhere I was reading about women's entrepreneurship. You do not have to be an entrepreneur, or even working now (I am retired) to get a ton of motivation from it.

Cara Leyba is now on my radar as an influencer to watch. Glad I found this book--and I recommend it highly.

Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I might have liked this book more if I hadn't purchased the audio book version which was voiced by a woman I could not connect with.

The book was also written with women in mind, but aimed at wine drinking, Christian Louboutin wearing, mini skirt romping, diamond blinging ladies while I'm more of a Vans, jeans, band shirt, blazer, and diamonds kinda gal. ;)

The book had a certain tone about it that didn't jive with me, which left me disappointed as I was originally quite excited to give it a read
Ivonne
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Un libro que intenta empoderar a las mujeres para ser ellas mismas y lograr todo lo que se proponen profesional y personalmente. No digo que no sea un esfuerzo loable o admirable, pero Alwill no logra conectar porque repite una y otra vez lo que ya sabemos: hay que ser auténticas, tener ojetivos claros, ser asertivas, saber cuand actuar y ser siempre femeninas.
Rescato las entrevistas a mujeres emprendedoras, se sacan algunas lecciones de esas historias, pero de resto, es una guía (wannabe) más.
Colette
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Although the title says for the Female Entrepreneur, I think any women could benefit from reading Cara's motivational message. Interviews with 10 female entrepreneurs leaves you believing (and you should) that you can accomplish anything as long as you have the dedication to do so. I hope to successfully implement the messages in my venture in Direct Sales. Overcoming fear is one of our biggest obstacles and I need to start there and get out of my comfort zone. Looking forward to reading her oth ...more
Greg Harrington
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So inspired

Awesome read! Since the first chapter of this book I saw a shift in myself. I've always know I wanted something more. This book gave me a kick in the butt to start brainstorming and putting ideas to paper. Thanks so much
Tami
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome. Every female entrepreneur should read it.
Violet Patterson
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick, easy, motivational read for women. I love the brutal honesty about the cattiness of women and how to overcome it. Come on, ladies. Let's do this!
  • All In Good Taste
  • The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #Join the Ride
  • Capture His Heart: Becoming the Godly Wife Your Husband Desires
  • My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife: A One-Year Experiment...and Its Surprising Results
  • The Conquer Kit: 8 Passion-Fueled Steps to Grow Your Dream Business
  • Rock Your Network Marketing Business: How to Become a Network Marketing Rock Star
  • Happiness: The Art Of Living With Peace, Confidence And Joy
  • Find Your Extraordinary: Dream Bigger, Live Happier, Achieve Success on Your Own Terms by Embracing the Entrepreneurial Spirit in You
  • All Groan Up: Searching for Self, Faith, and a Freaking Job!
  • Allon: Book 1
  • Loving Our Kids on Purpose: Making a Heart-To-Heart Connection
  • Cookin' with Coolio: 5 Star Meals at a 1 Star Price
  • What To Do When There's Too Much To Do: Reduce Tasks, Increase Results, and Save 90 a Minutes Day
  • The Reinventors: How Extraordinary Companies Pursue Radical Continuous Change
  • Astrology for Yourself: How to Understand and Interpret Your Own Birth Chart: A Workbook for Personal Transformation
  • Nine Days
  • A Columbine Survivor's Story
  • The Door in the Forest
“We each have a unique path to walk in this life, and there is a reason that yours is unfolding the way that it is. Embrace your journey and look for the lessons. Believe in divine timing and know that what’s for you will not pass you.” 2 likes
“It’s all about persevering and letting your passion drive you. When you have passion, you cannot fail. The world simply cannot reject anyone or anything that comes from a place of passion. Stay focused on what you love, keep going, and trust that those who are meant to get your message will.” 2 likes