Start by marking “The CEO (The Game Changers #1)” as Want to Read:
The CEO (The Game Changers #1)

The CEO

(The Game Changers #1)

Eve Bryant finds herself moving across the country with only one goal—to rediscover herself and get her life back on track…

Leaving a disastrous marriage, she swears off men and relationships, but when she meets sexy, charismatic Grant Mitchell, her new rules fly right out the window.

Grant is a born and bred businessman, and he always gets what he wants…

The moment he
Published August 18th 2015 by Limitless Publishing LLC (first published December 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The CEO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The CEO

Start your review of The CEO (The Game Changers #1)
Bibi
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it

To: Grant Mitchell@Shealy James's Imagination
From: Soon to be Ex-Mrs. J@I'm yours
Subject: Leave Eve Alone, Catch Me instead *running in place*

"I’ve been chasing you this whole time. Slow down and let me catch you, Eve. I will. I promise."

Dear Grant,

You don't know me but I was there when you met Eve at that lecture. It was so cute how you promptly sat next to her. How you didn't even notice me. No matter, I forgive you. You, with your fine-ass, 3-pc-suit wearing self. And those eyes of y
Alex ♈
Reread May 2019

I can't believe I rated it with 4 stars two years ago...
Max 2.5 today + adding new shelves. Too many things bothered me.
It's better not to reread older favourites... 🤦🏻‍♀️

2 things I liked about this book: the heroine with a backbone and communication.

The heroine, 30, was a bit meh and weak at the beginning, but gained strength and self-confidence with rapid speed. She didn’t let the hero intimidate her, always fought back and had a sassy repartee each single time – she definitel
Candace
***I received a complimentary ARC of this book from the publisher, through Netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.***

When Eve moves to Seattle, she isn't looking for any romantic entanglements. Leaving her past, and her drunk husband, behind, she's ready to start a new chapter in her life. Once Mark signs the divorce papers, she'll have the peace of mind that has remained just out of reach. If only he'd quit being difficult and sign the papers!

On her first solo attempt at running an even
Ann Lou
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A shout out to Alex for bringing this gem to my attention.  Despite the mama drama and exes drama, I really dig this book.

Eve our h has been married for 8 years.  Has filed for divorce and was emotionally abused by her husband, decided to move across the country for a change.  She wasn't looking for a man or a relationship BUT fate has other plans.  I didn't like Eve much the first couple of chapters but she grew on me. And I was not happy with her keeping secrets from Grant but I understood.
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, arc, read-in-2015
**** 4 Insta Love Stars ****

description

I don't really like reading stories where the characters fall instantly in love, but I enjoyed this story.

Eve is simply trying to start over in life. Her marriage was dragging her down and physically draining. All she wanted was for her divorce to be finalized and to have a fresh start. So she left Georgia and moved to Seattle.

Grant sees Eve. Grant must have Eve.

He's kind of a sexy rich cave man. The divorce bothers him a bit because it isn't finalized, but he is pa
Maya
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.Review also on Amazon

BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? Maybe, but not for now.
Safety-gang: (view spoiler)
Pamela
It's your typical story of girl meets guy who's super gorgeous and so bloody wealthy that every woman wants him, and he's had them all. Now with just one look he wants the regular girl who's so beautiful and smart and sexy, a woman that of course his parents don't approve of. But he doesn't care. He wants her and gets her and won't let anything get in his way. She doesn't feel she belongs in his rich world, and every time she feels like running away, he goes after her reminding her how much he w ...more
Markéta
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
3 stars! ***

A fast-moving story about abused woman and a alfa-male. I haven't read something like this before. #sarcasm

Eve has endured her marriage with an abusive husband for a long time, but she's had enough. She moved out of their house, filled in for divorce and found a job on the other side of the US.

Grant is rich, confident and hot. He's little over thirty, never had a serious relationship but when he saw Eve something shifted inside of him. He completely changed. One day he was a bachelo
Samantha
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 very pleased stars for The CEO. The overview made me curious because we all know I like my instant lust and wealthy men stories. This was a bit predictable but that doesn't make it bad. I like the read and found myself easily hiding away to finish the book because I hate to put down reads when I'm involved and liking them.

Eve was a bit too nice for me at certain points so I found myself rolling my eyes. She fought Grant quite a lot and made him chase after her constantly. I found myself reall
Susan (susayq ~)

Billionaire books have been big lately. However, I never really jumped on that bandwagon, so I haven't read a lot of them. But when I saw the description for this one, I knew I had to read it because our heroine, Eve, wasn't a fresh faced college graduate. Eve is in the middle of a divorce, so she has some experience in life.

My only complaint with this was Eve LOL I know, you're thinking, she's the reason you chose the book and she is what you didn't like? Let me expalin....yes, Eve was
Coco.V
Jan 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/12/2018)! 💝

Blurb:

Grant is a born and bred businessman, and he always gets what he wants…

The moment he lays eyes on Eve, Grant is determined she will be his. She’s different from other wom
Heather andrews
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I knew Grant and Eve were going to keep me entertained just the way they act toward each other, "his grip tightened on my hip. “You told her about me.” I wanted to slap that smug grin off that handsome face of his..." Grant is a sexy man, his words do things to ladies panties, “you think my suit is sexy?”The deep voice came from behind me before his chest pressed against my back. My eyes closed, wishing away the embarrassment. For the record, it didn’t work. He chose then to lean closer to my ea ...more
Julie

description

Based on the name of the book, I really thought that The CEO would have focused on Grant but it didn't. Such a weird way to start a review, right? Well, I just think that the title is the first thing that you experience with a book and the name is everything. Anywho ... that is just my first thought.

When I received this book, I wasn't told that it was an advance copy. When reviewers see that, we expect typos, grammatical issues and punctuation problems. It isn't a big deal and we know that ther
Naomi
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

I read a snippet of The CEO and decided to give Shealy James – a new-to-me author – a try. The blurb caught my attention and I was eager to see what happened between Eve and the man in the three piece suit. It ended up being a good read, dealing with some difficult decisions that no woman should have to experience.

I really liked Grant, he was definitely my favourite character from this book. He was confident, sexy and rich, but he never really acted like h
Melyssa Winchester
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading this story the way I did, I can see why the author mentions at the end that Eve wouldn't leave her alone. She was such a strong character right from the very beginning. More then just her strength though, she was incredibly real in how she came across which made this story very easy for me to jump into and identify with. The issues she has faced, the ones she had to overcome and even her reactions to what is taking place around her were written so phenomenally that you can't help but fee ...more
Mia Rivers
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG...I loveeed this book. Grant is so damn sexy, possibly even sexier than the cover hahaha. A more detailed review to come soon.
Angie
I read the 2nd book, The Artist, before this one. I was amazed how these two books have a completely different feel to them. While reading The Artist I had a lump in my throat and kept shouting at my Kindle for Katherine/Kitty (28 years old) to get away from her parents. She does appear in this book (since she and her parents think she's pre-betrothed to Grant) and she's nasty. During her book we hear her inner monologue where she goes along with her friends, but also thinks they're snots and fe ...more
Theresa Alberts
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The CEO by Shealy James is the first book in the Game Changers Series and I cannot wait for Kitty's book next! This book was a 4 star read for me and I was enthralled with the story of Grant and Eve, turning each page wondering if they would get the happily ever after that they each deserve for their own reasons. You will not be disappointed when you pick up and start reading this fantastic story!

Determined to find herself after a tragic past, Eve moves away from home, with no agenda other than
Bloggers From Down Under
**arc received for honest review**

How do you survive years of an unhealthy marriage....

Mental abuse....

Never being good enough.....

Always being told your unworthy, fat and good for nothing.....

It’s time to go

You’re emotionless

Broken....

Eve is broken and coming out of a terrible marriage, she has lost a lot of weight can’t eat constantly throwing up, that’s what stress does to her.
After a few months of filing for divorce her friend offers her a job in Seattle, she takes it, it’s a fresh start an
Romance Readers Retreat
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Eve has uprooted her entire life, or at least the parts she wants to keep, and started afresh. With things back home not completely sorted out, she just wants to settle in, make some friends and finally start living.

However, she certainly did not include a caveman alpha in her new life plans. She's not ready to even contemplate a new man but this one doesn't take no for an answer.

Despite being turned down numerous times, playboy Grant continues to chase Eve. Can she give in and just have a quick
Jennifer Jura
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was beyond my expectations! If you love alpha males then this book is for you! Grant very much likes to in control of everything. Eve finally has an opportunity to take charge of her life so she doesn't back down to Grant! The dynamics between these two is incredible! Never a dull moment! They have a love that everyone wishes for! I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened next! They definitely had some trials in their relationship! This story made remember why I lo ...more
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“‘Baby, I felt you that first time I met you. I felt you from across the room. There is no doubt in my mind you were made for me. You make me feel for the first time ever. I lose my breath when you walk in a room. When you opened the door downstairs, I literally couldn't breathe after not seeing you for two days. You make me laugh, and you make me crazy.”

5 sexy stars!!! This book was so hot and steamy!!! I loved this book and I’m excited to see whe
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
I wasn't meant to get to this book until October. However, I couldn't wait. I've seen it around due to connections with this publisher and I was intrigued from the time I saw the cover. It's safe to say overall it didn't disappoint either.

The CEO was an interesting read. It held my attention well and I found it hard to put down. Although it wasn't perfect, it was entertaining and that's all I can ask of a book.

I thought the characters were well done in The CEO. They were defined and each had the
Jamie  Zishka
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The CEO is the first book in The Game Changer Series and I would give it a fantastic 4 stars. I was really hoping this book wasn't a cliffy hanger given it was the first book in a series and thank goodness my dreams came true! So needless to say I suppose that is a little spoiler about the book but let me tell you it is quite a journey for Grant and Eve to find there HEA.

The series of course doesn't end there but the next book is another character Kitty's journey. This book was so full of every
Donna Porter
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Eve Bryant is a damaged woman. Her husband, James, is fighting their divorce and she wants it over. He mentally and physically abused her. She moved clear across the country to get away from him. Eve went to work for an old friend, Holly, as an event planner at Mitchell College. She was out one evening with her friend and saw this really handsome man watching her. She was not looking for a man because she felt she was still tied to James. Grant Mitchell was a player. He used women in arrangement ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shealy James is another new author to me, and I LOVED this book!

Eve Bryant moves across the country to get away from a very bad husband in the middle of a messy divorce. She's broken and just wants a fresh start. But her goal to rediscover herself while swearing off men, hit a snag shortly after moving. Grant Mitchell is a born business man, and the CEO of his families' company, so he's used to getting want he wants. The moment he sees Eve, he decides he's going to make her his. The problem is,
Anya
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it

I've been having issues lately and was in a reading rut. I got distracted with my reading *cough*ClashofClans*cough* and I was really having a hard time sticking with a book.

Then this book reached my radar.

And what a pleasant surprise this one was! Honestly I wasn't expecting much when I started reading this (I just got lured by the cover O_O) I felt like this would just like be another fifty wannabee read but lo and behold I was hooked.

It was a light read, no bdsm (but equally hot), the drama w
Lara
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Readable, but not one I'd recommend. Not a series I'm sure I'd continue, either, even if they were other free Kindle finds.

Eve (h) is starting over after the disastrous end to her marriage. She's moved to Seattle from Georgia, and begun working at Mitchell College. At an event for the school, she meets Grant (H), grandson of the founders of Mitchell - old money Seattle. From there, it's pretty predictable. He's super handsome, super rich, and super promiscuous, but is now completely over the moo
Karinosa
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed these characters Evie and Grant. I liked how you could feel the chemistry when they meet for the first time. Grant definitely is alpha male and I enjoyed the chase. Evie liked to leave a lot and at one point I was like "ENOUGH ALREADY WOMAN!" Insecure and alone she is something else. Not a bad red and of course this was an ARC and there were a couple of places that I could not make out what exactly was trying to be said. Any who, good read!

I received this ARC from the publisher via Ne
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Aug 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I really wanting to like this book....and while I realize that ARCs are technically uncorrected proofs, sometimes, the mistakes are so glaringly horrible that it is hard to continue. That, the writing style, the story, all added up to me making it to 21% and calling this a DNF. I am sorry, I just could not get into this book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Take It All Off
  • Filthy Fiance
  • Rebel Desire (Rebel Love #3)
  • Fallen Crest Campout: A Fallen Crest/Crew crossover novella
  • Hello Stranger
  • Hate the Player
  • Forbidden Daddy
  • Hot Nights Winter Lights
  • Submission (Doms of Club Eden #1)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Night's Caress (The Ancients #1)
  • Hard Play (Delta Force Brotherhood, #1)
  • Hunter
  • Broken (LOST, #1)
  • Trust Me (West Side, #2)
  • Protecting Her
  • Chasing Her Curves (Irresistible Curves, #1)
  • Ride For Me (The North Shore Crew, #1)
Shealy James is Georgia native who teaches middle school math during the day and disappears into fiction at night. She is an avid reader and a writer who laughs in the face of middle school angst and welcomes humor, drama, and the all-important happy ending. Shealy is the author of the Finding Series and the Game Changers Series. Book 1 in the Game Changers Series releases August 18.

For more infor

The Game Changers (3 books)
  • The Artist (The Game Changers #2)
  • The Safe Bet (The Game Changers #3)

News & Interviews