Start by marking “The Wife” as Want to Read:

The Wife

The Wife.
The Mother.
The Truth.

The Wife. Alexa is drifting through life, trying to be the person she thinks she should be. She’s made a loving home for her family, but with each passing day, she watches her husband’s heart slip away, and feels more isolated and alone.

The Mother. Determined to keep her family together, Alexa submerges herself in her new business and be
Published August 18th 2015

Start your review of The Wife
Anne OK
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
First love – last love with a second chance in between. To some, the blurb may give the perception of a love triangle to this story. There was never one single moment within the pages of this story where I questioned any interaction between the main characters. For me, it was one-sided from start to finish. What I did find, however, was that the story takes on a bit of a fairy tale fantasy romance in some areas. Thus, readers may need to look through your view finder past a wee bit of Irish lore ...more
Jean
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I struggled with giving this book 3 stars. It was a good story, but...... hmmm.....I wanted to love this more than I did, but the predictability got to me.  There were no surprises or twists, and I guess that's okay, but it was a little too predictable and I could see where it was going from the beginning.

Anyway, this was sort of a story within a story because Alexa is married to Michael, who is a workaholic (isn't that what they all say) and barely ever home.  They have two children and ya know
Loraine Oliver
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance and suspense readers
Recommended to Loraine by: NetGalley ARC
Shelves: reviewed-books
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley.

I want to start out by saying this book is the first I have read by S.P. Cervantes, and I was so enamored of this book I am sure it will NOT be my last! This book was amazing, and I do not say this lightly, I would have given this book a 10 if the rating system were different. Every now and then a book comes along that just touches you in so many ways and this was that book. Have tissues ready!

Alexa and Jamie met when
Dianne
Marriage is never a 50-50 deal all of the time, but it should average out at the end of the day. For Alexa, “wife” was becoming a four letter word when it came from her husband’s mouth. She could feel him moving away from their commitment to each other and their family. As a “mother,” Alexa worked hard to hold things together, alone, but no matter what, she knows she is fighting a losing battle, from all of this; she has begun her own business, found her inner strength and respect and grown as a ...more
Shannon Daniel
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wife – SP Cervantes
5 Stars

I’ve read and loved everything Ms. Cervantes has written. However, the word loved isn’t a strong enough word for what I feel for The Wife. The emotions and feelings the book evoked in me are truly some of the strongest I’ve ever had while reading any book. So get ready for the feels.

I am so honored to have been able to beta read this wonderful book for Susan.

Marriage is one of the hardest jobs in life, second only to maybe parenting. There is so much you have to p
Ashley  Hayes
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second chance romances always leave me feeling conflicted because I honestly can't see how someone could be so in love with another person and not fight for them with everything that they have. Alexa is tired of being a trophy wife and mother. She wants something better than what she has. In comes Jamie, the one that got away. They are drawn back together and Alexa has to decide which relationship she wants. This is definitely a tear jerker book that will tug at every feeling that you have, esp ...more
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
**Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

This book was phenomenal. This was about a woman who struggled with her feelings. She loved a man her young adult life and he broke her heart and she never thought she would recover. This Irish man that she met was the love of her life and she believed that he was her soul mate. But unfortunately some terrible circumstances has suddenly came up for Jamie and he had to leave the country and go back to Ireland. He lived with the guilt and pain af
Danielle from Short and Sassy
4 stars

If you are looking for a unique story, then this book is a must read! Here you get a little of everything! Marriage, cheating scandals, mystery and second chance love. I mean, what more could you ask for???

Alexa is at a point in her life, where she is taking a step back to reevaluate things. Her marriage is on the rocks, her husband is "working" a lot of hours and never home. Alexa has feeling her is cheating. She is pretty much on point and her friends are letting her know they think sh
Jessica
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This second chance romance was nothing like I thought it would be.

The wife. The mother. The truth. I read this - The Wife's blurb and wasn't totally sure what Alexa's romantic adventure would be. I was intrigued and curious. Would she work things out with her husband or have a torrid affair?? I had no clue.

I was not prepared for the emotional journey that I took with the main character. It was like S.P Cervantes reached inside of my chest and gripped my heart - not letting go until the very end
Colleen Oppenheim
The Wife was just incredible. Honestly, absolutely fabulous. It has so much depth you just want to drown in the sea of feeling that it evokes – sadness, fear, hope, love, anger. I read the book in one sitting, desperate for the ending, hopeful it was what I wanted and needed from the story.

I honestly think all women have a little bit of Alexa inside of them, We all strive for that perfection that we deem necessary, which other people sometimes seem excessive or silly. The perfect husband, the
Elizabeth
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
I absolutely LOVED this story!! MUST READ!!

I was hooked into this story right from the 1st paragraph!! S.P. Cervantes's beautiful writing places me right into this story right from the beginning. The Wife is such a heartfelt novel that keeps you on your toes.

Bridger Bitches
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harper, arc
Review:

I enjoyed the book. Too many times a women loses herself in a marriage and children. As a women we are the anchor of a family. Most households wouldn’t know what to do if mom was gone for more than a day. But what comes with that is the mom normally loses herself in it all. She is forgotten, taken advantage of. This was all so true in this book. Alexa became a nobody to her husband but someone to play the part. She did her duty and he wanted nothing more. This was a good book to see how s
Katharine Cordy
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever felt that all you were to someone was a title? Like your kid's mom, or to your significant other you are just that title?

This book sums up that feeling fairly well. Is it a process that occurs over time? Or is it not being around the right people? You have significance and are more than just a title but a person. This is not my first book by S.P. Cervantes so I was ready for all the feels from the start. I knew my heart would break, her words know how to touch your soul.

It was ano
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
One of my most favorite tropes in the romance genre is a good second chance at love story. The Wife is the first book I've had the pleasure to pick up from S.P. Cervantes, and I'm going to be heading to Amazon to check out more of her writing.

I have recently been faced with some of my own marriage problems so there were a few parts of this book that really struck a chord with me. Imagining myself in Alexa's shoes, sympathizing with her character. I totally GOT this book. I felt for this woman an
Irene
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alexa fell for Jamie at college and when he has to return home to Ireland she marries Mike. I loved the story and the way it was written, but not so keen on being told so many times that Jamie has green eyes! What Alexa saw in Mike I don't know as he came across as having reptilian qualities - very unappealing. Alexa put up with an awful lot to try and keep her marriage going, so much so that she was a doormat for much of the time, but you couldn't help rooting for her! I enjoyed this book very ...more
Kara Griggs
This is the first book I have read by S.P. Cervantes. I really enjoyed The Wife. When I read a teaser for it I just had to have it because it was my kind of book. It had all the angst you would expect from a female character who is in an unhappy marriage but will do anything to make it work for her children. At first, I thought it was going be just like other books I had read but it proved to be so much more. It was very well written into three parts which flowed at a pretty fast pace.
Debbie
This story of everlasting love shook me to my very core. The characters at so raw and so real that I couldn't put this book down for a second. I had to know what was going to happy next.

The wife was very realistic and also emotional. Each person made you smile,laugh or even scream. Alexa was the perfect wife,the perfect mother and the perfect liar. All seemed fine in Alexa's life until her lost love comes back and her husband starts acting more and more secretive and far away.
Boricuagal
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this second chance love story, however it did remind me of the Dust to Dust storyline, which was a 5 star read for me so I didn't mind. However it did lose a full star because of what happened to Alexa as a result of Mike's actions. The consequences to her physically I feel were extreme and she didn't deserve it.
Nadene
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Real Life

I really enjoyed this book. It was real life and I couldn't help but to keep following it. It captured my attention so I kept coming back for more. I would really love to see a POV of Mike. Or a story after regarding Mike!!
Luz Greer
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god!!!

So emotional. I loved it and I'm glad that stupid doctor got the same bastard Lexy dumped and got the ending she deserved. Great book.
Flori Lew
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Troy Stewart
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got a kick out of reading this book it was surreal and was mysteriously unpredictable. Wonderful Job from an Author who I’m just now starting to follow. This is impeccable work !!!
Linda Espinoza
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One love everlasting

I want to jump on airplane visit Ireland pub and find my One love Everlasting and my own CJ or Jaime
Javate61
Radha
May 01, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Alexa was independent, beautiful but a Biggest FOOL
Her husband Mike was a liched 🤮🥶he was having sex with her therapist Dr Murphy and both of them Bullying her..
So many women at the parties.. still she closed her eyes 😬what a Shame..
The worst part when she cought him with the Therapist he didn't come after her infact they had sex twice there only when she was in the pool of blood... they saw her when they ran out of Condom 🥺😨 such a 🐖...
Why didn't she highered a

👎Private Detective

Checked his ph
Nerissa
May 28, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. The writing was done in a way I felt completely disconnected and annoyed. The plot was WTF - maybe due to lack of connection and the only emotion being complete annoyance. The characters were unlikable. The whole thing was not fir me. At all.
Linda Rea
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whoa she is my new hero
Turn The Page
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review for Read and Share Book Reviews Book Blog

ARC received for an honest review

Anyone who has read Susan’s books know what an amazingly talented writer she is. I have loved everything she has written! In saying that though this book simply blew me away. It just struck a chord with me and I was so honored that I received an ARC of it.

Have you ever been in a marriage that is slowly falling apart before your very eyes and no matter what you do you, you just can’t stop it?

Ever felt that you were
Elizabeth
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
I absolutely LOVED this story!! MUST READ!!

It's so easy to love Alexa and get lost in her story! She is so relatable. She thought she met the love of her life, sexy Irishman Jamie, until he left her broken hearted. Reluctantly she moves on with her life and marries Mike whom she spen
Louise
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it

• Bottled Up (A Broken Lives Short Story #4)
  • In Too Deep
  • The Good Neighbors
  • Disconnected (Connected #2)
  • Vengeance
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Pieces of You
  • All We Never Knew
  • Billionaire Unloved: Jett (The Billionaire's Obsession, #12)
  • The Woman Next Door
  • Heart of the Matter
  • Rush (Rush, #1)
  • The Hardest Fall
  • Pieces of Us
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love, #1)
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Because (Seven Year Itch, #4)
  • Little Secrets

S.P Cervantes lives in Orange County, California with her husband and three children, where she is a teacher. She enjoys spending time with her family, writing, reading, and running, but is always thinking of an idea for her next novel.
The dystopian romance An Impossible World will be released on July 25, 2017.
S.P. Cervantes is the author of the highly rated New Adult Romantic Fantasy series Secr

News & Interviews