Start by marking “Hot Shade” as Want to Read:
Hot Shade

Read Book

Hot Shade (Burning Secrets #1)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  100 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
Romance is the last thing on reporter Skylar Shaw's mind, and all she wants is to work hard and move on from her small-town newspaper job in Florida. A recent college graduate, Skylar's all alone in the world. Her family is dead, she's miles from where she grew up and she's struggling in her career. And she's sworn off men since breaking up with her abusive ex-boyfriend.

B
Published September 30th 2015 by Boroughs Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Hot Shade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Shade

Tania
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E' una sensazione bellissima e alquanto nuova per me leggere di personaggi italiani da un'autrice americana. Sono stata all'estero e noi italiani veniamo identificati maggiormente come "i mangiatori di pasta e pizza" e no, non scherzo XD Menomale che Tamara ha saputo renderci merito grazie all'affascinante Luca e definendo il nostro accento sexy. Che soddisfazioni! Ora però vorrei trovare un uomo simile. Luca Rossi è stato un concentrato di fascino che non passa di certo inosservato e che mi ha ...more
Derna
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy in exchange for an honest review*

When Journalist Skylar Shaw meets Luca Rossi all, she looking for is more information on a recent plane crash except the mysterious Italian wants remain anonymous and, therefore, is giving very little away. Luca is hiding a secret, and being a Journalist Skylar doesn’t give up easily. Soon there is a lot more between then just the research for a story about a plane crash.

“Luca… Well, he was gorgeous and spellbinding. And probably only on the Is
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
3.5 STARS!!

Hot Shade is my first Tamara Lush read and I can confidently say it is very a book that romance lovers can enjoy. Tamara’s debut novel shows that she very much has the flair for writing and a creative imagination. With a mixture of lust, love passion and suspense, Hot Shade has all the ingredients to make you swoon.

Luca Rossi is in hiding and determined to leave his past behind him. Skylar Shaw is a reporter, career focused and rebuilding her life after a terrible relationship. In an
Helen
Hard working, ambitious reporter Skylar Shaw is hoping her gig on a small southwest Florida newspaper will be a stepping stone to a career writing for bigger and better publications. When she goes out to cover a plane crash on the beach, it's a big break in more ways than one. Her story gets lots of play and she meets a mysterious and very hot Italian guy who witnessed the crash. Sparks fly and secrets mystery man Luca Rossi has been hiding start to come out as the mob and his crazy ex-girlfrien ...more
Anne
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read, great characters, and seriously HOT! Sky is highly relatable, going through self-doubt and heartbreak as she copes with starting a career in the aftermath of her mother's death. The work scenes are particularly resonant for anyone who has ever experienced the camaraderie of the news biz. I love how the author handled the developing romance!
Grass monster
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Blurb :
In the tropical Florida heat, a man with deadly secrets falls for a lovely, inquisitive reporter...
After Luca Rossi lost everything to the Italian mafia, he used all his skills to write a stunning expose, and managed to put a key don on trial for his life. But now Luca must hide out on the Florida coast until justice is served in Italy. All is well, until he meets a lovely young American reporter who won’t stop asking questions about who he is. Soon he’s fighting the urge to hush her
Bookish_Sally
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 1 in the Burning Series. I enjoyed reading this book. Especially the "steamy" parts! I was intrigued by the Italian dialog and could totally see the cover model as Luca in this story! Favorite character of course was Luca in all his glory. I enjoyed to see the twists and turns, some I expected some I was surprised!
Joy Boutwell
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of Tamara Lush that I have read and was very impressed. If you like romantic suspense Hot Shade is a book you will love.
Michelle van Rij
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: november-2015
I love Tamara’s writing style. The book just reads away easily. You’re drawn to the story because of what happens in the first chapter.

The story’s written in third person and from three different perspectives, all in past tense. I think I like books that are written in past tense the most, but I’m more a first person writing kind of girl. The three perspectives are not only from Luca and Skylar (the two most important characters in the story), but also from Luca’s ex Annalisa.

In the first chap
Christine Lee
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***THIS BOOK WAS PROVIDED BY THE PUBLISHER/AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

Hot Shade by Tamara Lush is a contemporary romantic suspense novel about two journalists, one American, and one Italian, hiding from the mafia.

This story, and these characters, feel real to me, because they both come with their share of baggage. The story is set in Florida, and there were times the writing evoked the feel of the tropical heat.

The only problem I had with the story, was the heroines delay in actual
Rob W
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m familiar with the author’s work as a journalist and have followed her on social media for several years. When I saw that she had written a romance novel I was intrigued and decided to give it a go.

As someone who is unfamiliar with the Romance genre I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised! This is a smartly written, super sexy love story surrounded by intrigue. The author manages to avoid the cliché’s and keep the reader guessing. And may I just say that this book is far more
Tina Ellery
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tamara weaves a thoroughly entertaining—and HOT—story that’ll leave you begging to turn the page.

As a beta reader for this fantastic book I can tell you that Tamara hooked me with first few chapters. I felt forlorn while waiting for more to arrive in my inbox And when they did I would drop everything to give my greedy eyes the treat they wanted.

Marjorie Stout
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I pre-ordered HOT SHADE and could not wait for it to arrive! Then I couldn't put it down- and missed the characters after finishing the book. They seem very real, and It's easy to get drawn in.

I bought another copy for my co-worker. can't wait for the next novel- Tamara Lush is a wonderful writer and storyteller.
Jami Leigh
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, 5-stars, trad-pub, 2015
Steamy and delicious! I'm a sucker for hot, rich men and realistic women when it comes to my romance. Skylar's history of abandonment and tragedy crosses with a gentleness that makes her vulnerable still. Which makes her a perfect match for Luca, with his own secrets to hide.
Filippo Marmo
Shelves: kindle
What a piece of crap.
GetYourSmutOn
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Italian men are hot!! Check out the full review (enter shameless self promotion) http://getyoursmuton.com/2015/10/12/r...
Marianna Rainolter
Much better, hotter and sexier than the original version I read almost an year ago! I love it even more!
Full review soon on the blog (I think in Italian...)
Lauren Runow
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Luca. So sexy and mysterious. And when he spoke Italian *** swoon ***
Definitely check this book out for a fun sexy read!
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

Luca is on the run, hiding in his Uncle’s Florida holiday home he has many secrets none of which he has any intention of sharing with anybody. When a plane crashes on the beach outside the house and he finds himself saving somebody’s life he doesn’t realise just how complicated things are going to get when local reporter Skylar starts digging trying to find out who the ‘good samaritan’ was.

This is a straight up girl meets boy, and attraction f
Joyce Mercês
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Hot Shade tells the story of Skylar Shaw, a sassy journalist, and Luca Rossi, a mysterious Italian that may or may not be the good Samaritan that saved a man after a plane crash that Skylar is covering for the paper she works for.

The books has a great balance of love, lust and suspense. It was so well adjusted that it kept me interest and on edge all the time. After the 60% mark I couldn't help but sit and finish the story! It was fun!

Luca is sexy and such a great guy. He is a true gentleman. An
Mary  Otremba
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is a fantastic story. It is about a reporter named Skylar Shaw who goes to report about a plane crash and meets a mysterious, incredibly hot Italian man named Luca Rossi who has a secretive and dangerous past but gets to go on a different journey that goes way beyond a plane crash and into uncovering this man's secrets. This Novel is full of excitement, heat, romance, adventure, and emotions. Great Read, fantastically written, you will get swept by these characters and this wonderful story. ...more
Leona
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received as an ARC courtesy of Boroughs Publishing Group via Book Plug Promotions in exchange for an honest review

While romantic suspense featuring journalist and/or politics or politicians aren’t my thing, Hot Shade did a great job of pulling me in and making it extremely hard for me to put it down. But, I have to admit, when I would put it down thoughts of what twists and turns the story could take next, or if the next chapter/section would be when Skylar finally puts Luca ou
Bette Stanek
Meh. I’m definitely not in the majority on ratings for this book. This is one of those books that isn’t really bad, but it isn’t really good, either. I felt like I was being told everything that was going on instead of discovering it through character actions and dialogue. The character development was also told instead of shown. The storyline itself was good, I just didn’t connect with the way the story was told.
Tami Talbert
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars – Hot Shade by Tamara Lush

When a friend asked me to give Hot Shade a try, I headed straight over to Goodreads to check out the synopsis. I was quickly intrigued by the combination of romance and suspense with which it teased me. To be honest, although for the most part, I do tend to stick to authors who are familiar to me, that is those whose books I have read in the past, I am still always hoping to find new authors to add to my list who have the ability to draw me into their story quic
Terri
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! A definite must read. Tamara creates an engaging storyline with relatable characters and the perfect mix of romance and intrigue. Skylar and Luca have a steamy, super sexy relationship. This is a can't put it down have to read it again book!!
Tamara Harrington
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love everything that Tamara writes. This is very different from her other series but no less interesting. I was intrigued and excited and enjoyed it for what it was. A fantastically written romance novel that keeps you interested throughout. The best part for me was how relatable the characters were, you didn't feel like they were perfect but had real world problems and things to work through as individuals.
Andi
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. I enjoyed all the romance & suspense in this book. Luca & Skylar's meeting & relationship was unique & special. You will not be disappointed with this one!
Deneale Williams
Ah yes! A book that takes place on one of Florida’s own beautiful beaches! Well, you should just see the smile on my face, and I am only on page three. Call me prejudice, but I favor Florida and Ohio books, I just can’t figure out why. ::Smirk:: But…if you know me, than you are a step ahead of the game, because you know why!

Skylar Shaw is a journalist who ends up on a very interesting assignment. Said assignment ends up covering a plane crash with some details that end up requiring even further
Vanessa
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is HOT! HOT!! HOT!!! Once you start reading, you are not going to want to put it down.

Journalist, Skylar Shaw, is a recent college graduate, writing for a small Florida newspaper. She has great instincts, is always asking questions and keeps pushing until she gets answers. Sky is the first reporter on-scene to an airplane crash - she gets exclusive interviews with the key players but keeps hearing about an elusive Good Samaritan who saved a life. She goes searching for the hero, in ho
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Un-COMBINE? 3 24 Jan 27, 2016 05:03AM
New Adult Book Club: #180/15 Hot Shade by Tamara Lush 30 71 Jan 16, 2016 10:20PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Re: New Adult/Romance Reviewers/Bloggers 1 12 Nov 14, 2015 08:03PM
Video Interview with author Tamara Lush 2 3 Nov 06, 2015 05:45AM
Goodreads Feedback: Stats 9 94 Oct 17, 2015 05:57AM
Romance Readers R...: Tamara Lush - Hot Romantic Suspense/New Adult 1 3 Sep 25, 2015 12:54PM
  • Devious Little Lies
  • Chalvaren Rising
  • Epitaphs (Echoes, #2)
  • Love, or the Witches of Windward Circle: A Horror Farce
  • Malibu Secrets (Malibu Sights, #2)
  • Clamour of Crows
  • Parasite (The Domino Project, #3)
  • Applegate Farm: A Tale of the Antrim Cycle
  • Backlash: A War of 1812 Novel
  • Wind Raven (Agents of the Crown, #3)
  • The Delicate Nature of Love (Zoey Chambers, #1)
  • Kismet (Book One of the Kismet Series)
  • Restoration: Patriotic Collector's Edition
  • Rise of the Beast
  • Strangers (Faye Longchamp, #6)
  • Blood Reunited (Blood Vine #3)
  • Angel Bait (Angel Assassins, #0.5)
  • Any Port in a Storm (Ayala Storme #2)
Tamara Lush was born in California and raised in Vermont. She graduated from Emerson College with a degree in broadcast journalism. For the last several years, she’s worked as a journalist and is currently a correspondent in Florida with The Associated Press. She lives with her Italian husband and two dogs on the Gulf Coast.

She was recently chosen as one of 24 writers for the Amtrak Residency prog
More about Tamara Lush...

Burning Secrets (3 books)
  • Into the Heat
  • Hot Fix (Burning Secrets)

“This is everything I thought I didn't want. Or didn't need. But I'm here now and it's everything I need and the only thing I want.” 3 likes