Start by marking “Darcy Revealed: A Pride and Prejudice Variation” as Want to Read:
Darcy Revealed: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

Darcy Revealed: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

An unexpected mix-up leads Elizabeth Bennet to renewing her acquaintance with the handsome Mr Darcy during her stay in London. Amid a whirl of society balls, fashionable promenades in Hyde Park and dangerous flirtations, Elizabeth find herself unwittingly drawn to the haughty gentleman. But does Darcy return her feelings or does his heart belong to another?

DARCY REVEALED
Published August 16th 2015 by Wisheart Press

To ask other readers questions about Darcy Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darcy Revealed

Barb
Darcy and Elizabeth meet up in London not too long after the Netherfield party has left Meryton after the Bingleys' ball. Georgiana Darcy orders a dress, as does Jane Bennet; from the same modiste. There is a mixup and the packages are sent to the wrong addresses. Darcy takes it upon himself to take the package Miss Darcy received to make the switch back at the Gardners' residence. Thus, our major players in the story are reunited much sooner.

The Bennets become friends with Miss Darcy and her fr
Mary
Aug 22, 2015 rated it liked it
A short story mixed with a little bit of trouble for ODC to overcome. Would have dearly loved to see some chemistry and romance between Darcy and Lizzy.
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
Unexpected Encounters in London

Source: Review Copy from Author

TYPE OF AUSTENESQUE NOVEL: Pride and Prejudice Variation

TIME FRAME: A few months after the Netherfield Ball

MAIN CHARACTERS: Elizabeth and Jane Bennet, Mr. Darcy, Georgiana Darcy, Mr. Bingley, George Wickham, Amy St. John (new character)

SYNOPSIS: While visiting their family in Cheapside, a couple of errant deliveries from the modiste bring the Bennet sisters into the path of Mr. Darcy and his sister Georgiana. Unable to deny himself th
Leslie
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: austenesque, ku
This is a P&P Alternate Timeline variation where Lizzy joins Jane at the Gardiner's in London and a mix up at the dress makers has the Bennet ladies reuniting with Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy. And without Lizzy's rejecting his proposal or his making it; he sets out to improve herself in her eyes - so it seems or is his improvement for another country Miss?

This book really shoves as many characters as possible into a fairly short tale. Georgiana is out and attends dinners and balls. Mary King is in
booksthrubifocals
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Icing on the cake

I'm loathe to admit it has been too long since I read the classic, "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, but "Darcy Revealed" by Ms. Swan brought back fond memories of its immortal characters. Their thoughts, dialogue and choices reveal their flaws and inadequacies, engaging and endearing them even more to the reader. I really felt as though I were part of the story, experiencing some of the frustrations that society imposed. The parody and acerbic wit of the original classic co
Carol Perrin
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Darcy Revealed: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (a Recency romance for Jane Austen fans)

The story opens after the exodus from Netherfield by the Bingleys, Hursts, and Fitzwilliam Darcy. Jane and Elizabeth are visiting their Aunt and Uncle Gardiner in London at this moment buying dresses for an upcoming event. When they see the dress made for Georgiana Darcy, the three shoppers agree that he must spoil her. Elizabeth reminds her aunt and sister that they have an appointment for tea. The proprieto
Tina
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I will say that I enjoyed this book immensely. The characters were I believe true to form in my opinion and I loved the cast of original characters that showed up. Amy St. John was the perfect character for the author to conjure up in my mind to play a wallflower into a social butterfly. It was really nice of Darcy to boost her social status just a little bit. I also enjoyed the fact that Mary King got some screen time in this book. There's only one other story that I've read that really featur ...more
Madenna U
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this fun variation, Elizabeth and Darcy meet in town instead of Kent. They are brought together due to a delivery mistake. While thwarting Wickham's plans they learn about each other, overcome their differences and of course become our happy couple. The mystery aspect of the book and well defined characters kept my attention at every turn.
James S
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Original short novella

A nice original plot in this story. This takes place in London before Lizzie has visited Kent so she still trusts Wickham and thinks poorly of Darcy. Wickham is up to his old tricks and is trying to convince someone, anyone with a lot of money, to elope with himself.

He tries to use Lizzie in a way to further his schemes, without she knowing she is helping. A fine pickle she finds herself in and she doesn’t even realize her situation.

A cute short novella. Recommended.
MC
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good variation, with a satisfying end to the Wickham story line. But there were some definite flaws, one being that Elizabeth was depicted as even more stubborn, and another was the Georgiana story line.
One frustrating thing was the editing of my version of the book which had many errors, the worst was the 2 different spellings of Bennet in the same sentence.
Katherine
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Jane accidentally gets Georgiana's dress delivered to Cheapside and Georgiana gets Janes dress, Darcy jumps at the opportunity to call upon the Bennet sisters. Darcy is drawn to Elizabeth despite her social unsuitability and Elizabeth sees a different side to him when she sees his interaction with his sister and her close friend. She is drawn to Darcy without realizing her true feelings. Of course we have to add Wickham into the equation to crest some animosity between Elizabeth and Darcy y ...more
Deanna Stevens
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-list
Pride and Prejudice variation? I haven't read Pride and Prejudice but if it is as good as I find Penelope Swan's books, I need to get it read! I find her characters so real and love the interesting twists! I was totally surprised at the ending. The exposed bad guy got a surprise I could have never have guessed. I really enjoyed Darcy Revealed and yes.. I would recommend it.
Christi
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was a rather poor variation with random things happening at almost every turn. Dresses are sent to the wrong house to start the story and it ends with (view spoiler) Just all-around a rather laughable P&P variation attempt.
Alison Dygnas
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I love these books by a British author, so there are no dreadful Americanisms. Indeed, Penelope must have studied original very carefully, as none of the dialogues she has written citrate. This is a well.written book suitable for any agem
Christy Sheffield
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A lovely play on our favorite couple, Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett.
Sharon D. Stevenson
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
An intriguing storyline!

Definitely one of the better P&P variations----more in keeping with the social mores of the time than other spinoffs I've read. Glad I bought it!
Kasia Burlakoff